Gerard Butler GALS

4/14 - 'Bounty Hunter' Mid-June filming start

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Barb! Sweet! I'll be racking up DVD's over the next couple of years! GO GERRY! And yes please take a nice long break, you so deserve it.

IMO, I love Jennifer Aniston.

I'm so excited for him!!!! :yahoo:

Gerry will probably be involved, since he is one of the producers, in the post production of LAC for the next few weeks, so his time between now and the start of Bounty Hunter may not be that much. I don't know when the press junkets for The Ugly Truth will start, but if this movie starts filming mid-June, and TUT is not until toward end of July, that may also be limiting on his time as well. Then there will be the Citizen Game premiere not too long after TUT and press junkets for that, I expect, as well. There have been rumors, and nothing definite, just rumors, that Burns will be filming in October of this year, so all of this would certainly coincide with that.

All speculation on my part here, just trying to figure out some kind of timeline here....

Tense

Looks like I'm going to have to get a big grease board up on my wall so I can keep track of all this! Gerry is certainly going to be a busy boy! I'm glad he's getting a lot of work! Keeps him out of trouble!

They changed the name of the that Jen A movie didn't they?

Thanks, Barb.

D

D, I'm not sure they had ever announced a name for this project. Are you getting it confused w/ a blurb we saw one time about a different project that might have been called Goree Girls, or something like that. Not sure that was ever real, but the story line was definitely different.

Ren

Wow! This is good news!

Gerry will have no spare time in the months to come. I hope he gets some rest before the filming of the Bounty Hunter movie. This is a comedy, isn't it? Aww.. he's so good at that! I can't wait!

I'm happy to see he gets more and more projects. :)

I hardly think Gerry will be vacationing much in the weeks to come. Remember he has a restaurant also, and there is alot more that goes into films than just the acting part. Gerry has many plates in the air I'd say.

D, I'm not sure they had ever announced a name for this project. Are you getting it confused w/ a blurb we saw one time about a different project that might have been called Goree Girls, or something like that. Not sure that was ever real, but the story line was definitely different.

Ren

Yes, that's the one! It was kind of like an "O Brother Where Art There" musical! So this Bounty Hunter is a completely different movie? The Goree Girls was about an all girl band in the forties who had been incarcerated at the Texas Goree prison or something and Gerry's character is married or eventually marries Aniston's character. :confused:

D

from Production Weekly's twitter

Andy Tennant is scheduled to begin filming in mid-June on the Jennifer Aniston & Gerard Butler comedy "Bounty Hunter" setup @SonyPictures .

When are they going to have a New York convention???we feel left out here on the East Coast :tissues:

Celtic Star

This movie w/b a comedy about a Bounty Hunter (Gerry) that is hired to hunt down his ex-wife (Jennifer Aniston). I've never heard it's historical, so I'm thinking it's present day.....based on I don't really know!!

The Goree Girls was a blurb we saw, but I don't believe was ever confirmed. Totally different story line that would have been based on an actual act that I think originated in a Texas prison in maybe the 40s.

Was I vague enough for everyone, because I'm sure I could leave out even more details? LOL

Ren

I hardly think Gerry will be vacationing much in the weeks to come. Remember he has a restaurant also, and there is alot more that goes into films than just the acting part. Gerry has many plates in the air I'd say.

what restaurant does gerry have?

Gosh, I didnt know he had a restaurant too! Is there anything this guy cant do????? Please keep your minds out of the gutters too GALS! lol

Has anyone heard where they are filming the Bounty Hunter?

Sally

Gerry will probably be involved, since he is one of the producers, in the post production of LAC for the next few weeks, so his time between now and the start of Bounty Hunter may not be that much. I don't know when the press junkets for The Ugly Truth will start, but if this movie starts filming mid-June, and TUT is not until toward end of July, that may also be limiting on his time as well. Then there will be the Citizen Game premiere not too long after TUT and press junkets for that, I expect, as well. There have been rumors, and nothing definite, just rumors, that Burns will be filming in October of this year, so all of this would certainly coincide with that.

All speculation on my part here, just trying to figure out some kind of timeline here....

Tense

there was a film in 1954 called the bounty hunter.is everyone sure they will use that name again?

There's not much specific, but other articles relating to working with JA may be found here, and in Gallery there are articles from UK Sunday Mail andDaily Express

and from News: 10/13 - Gerard Butler partner in Shin eatery, Los Angeles.

and photos in Gallery SHIN (Opening)- Hollywood - Oct. 13, 2008

I figured Gerry was just an investor in Shin and wouldn't have much "physical" participation in the running of it. I'm totally confused about the movie with Aniston. They both sound similar as they are centered around a woman convict. The one was supposed to be a musical (Goree Girls) based on a true story situated in the 1940's Texas kind of akin to "O Brother Where Art Thou" scenario. I guess it could be called "Bounty Hunter" because if it's like the Cloony movie, they were on the lamb as well running from the law. Just trying to piece it together. Sounds like it could be a comedy of sorts.

D

Sounds like there are two VERY DIFFERENT movies being discussed. POSSIBLY the musical was a rumor or a project on the table when Gerry and Jennifer were first seen together and we began hearing whispers of a possible project. Since Bounty Hunter appears to be semi-official.... I'm going with that one. Of course I believe nothing until I actually get to buy a ticket. :confused: