Gerard Butler GALS

2010 Gerard's Grove & Phantom's Phorest News

Peigimccann

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[The 2009 Un-raffle is over and I am currently in touch with Trees for Life who will be choosing the winners randomly. I will post the winners as soon as I hear ANYTHING!.

Meanwhile our count now stands at 3,387 trees!

This year's raffle generated 158 new trees which will be planted this autumn.

Thanks to all of you who have donated;

we will keep shooting for 4000 trees by Gerry’s 40th birthday!

(that's only 613 by November 13!!!)

To donate go here.

I am pleased to announce the winners of this year's Gerard's Grove and Phantom's Phorest

Un-raffle drawn by the staff at Trees for Life!

If you are to receive a prize, please PM me with your mailing address so that your item

may be sent to you!

1. Yvonne D. Zumalt: A beautifully framed, signed POTO film cell with a print from the movie.

2. Brenda Barnard : A copy of Audio Visual Enterprises Magazine July 2007 from Thessaloniki, Greece with the article, “Molon Labe” with a special pull out section. In Greek.

3. Jane: A signed CD “Push, To Perfection,” from the Scottish band, Spotty Dogg, which includes the track, “The Bard.” Donated by Rose.

4. Sheila Bryson : A Belle Canto CD signed for our cause by sopranos Michelle Crozier and Canadian Kyla Lingley. This CD has been produced for the Breakthrough Breast Cancer charity. Donated by Rose.

5. Elissa O'Brien : A personally signed DVD from Christ Tait the famous Burns impersonator. Donated by Rose.

6. Lady Deborah: A personally signed CD from David Sibbald, “The Greatest Love Poems in the World,” the poetry of Robert Burns. Donated by David Sibbald.

7. Deb Ann: An intricate handmade chain maille bracelet created and donated by GeriatricFan.

8. Sheryl Glenn aka-Timeflies : Stunning handmade chain maille earrings created and donated by GeriatricFan.

9. Diane A Witowsky : An autographed copy of Clarinda the Musical donated by Rose.

10. Susan Payette: A copy of Men’s Health Magazine March 2007 with Gerard on the cover and the feature article, “300 Star, Gerard Butler”

11. Rose : A copy of Men’s Vogue Magazine November 2008 with Daniel Craig on the cover and the feature article, “Men of Action Daniel Craig Vs. Gerard Butler”

12. Sheila Bryson: A personally signed CD from David Sibbald, “The Greatest Poems in the World,” the poetry of Robert Burns. Donated by David Sibbald.

13. Deborah Ann: A copy of Men’s Health Magazine October 2008 with Gerard on the cover and the feature article, “The Men’s Health Guy 300 Star, Gerard Butler”

14. Dana: The book of sheet music, “Piano Vocal Selections from The Phantom of the Opera: Includes material from the movie.”

15. Brenda Barnard: A poster from 300 of the Persians falling over the cliff from an anonymous donor.

16. Deb Ann: A double sided PS, I Love You poster from an anonymous donor.

17. Naoma Williams : Gerard Butler quilted pillow cover handmade by felliniquilter.

18. Deborah Ann: Gerard Butler quilted pillow cover handmade by felliniquilter .

19. Naoma Williams : Gerard Butler quilted pillow cover handmade by felliniquilter.

20. Sheila: Gerard Butler quilted pillow cover handmade by felliniquilter.

21. Alison Small: Gerard Butler quilted pillow cover handmade by felliniquilter

22. Maree : Gerard Butler quilted pillow cover handmade by felliniquilter

23. Susan Payette : Gerard Butler quilted pillow cover handmade by felliniquilter

24. Kathleen Steuart : Gerard Butler quilted pillow cover handmade by felliniquilter

Congratulations to all of you

and a big thank-you to all of our prize donors!

You have done the Highlands proud!!!

Hi all, I've figured out all the names of the winners, hard to match donation names with usernames,

but most are accounted for except for the following. If one of these is you would

you please PM me with your mailing address so we can get your prize to you ASAP?

thank-you!

Yvonne D. Zumalt: A beautifully framed, signed POTO film cell with a print from the movie.

Sheila Bryson : A Belle Canto CD signed for our cause by sopranos Michelle Crozier and Canadian Kyla Lingley. This CD has been produced for the Breakthrough Breast Cancer charity. Donated by Rose.

Elissa O'Brien : A personally signed DVD from Christ Tait the famous Burns impersonator. Donated by Rose.

Dana: The book of sheet music, “Piano Vocal Selections from The Phantom of the Opera: Includes material from the movie.”

Sheila: Gerard Butler quilted pillow cover handmade by felliniquilter.

Sheila Bryson: A personally signed CD from David Sibbald, “The Greatest Poems in the World,” the poetry of Robert Burns. Donated by David Sibbald.

Alison Small: Gerard Butler quilted pillow cover handmade by felliniquilter

aille earrings created and donated by GeriatricFan.

Good morning from Scotland, treehuggers!

I'm still missing mailing addresses for two of our winners.

1. Yvonne D. Zumalt: A beautifully framed, signed POTO film cell with a print from the movie.

2. Dana: The book of sheet music, “Piano Vocal Selections from The Phantom of the Opera: Includes material from the movie.”

If anyone knows who these people are would you please PM me?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

My book (“Piano Vocal Selections from The Phantom of the Opera: Includes material from the movie.”) has arrived!!! :wave::wave::wave:

It is so beautiful!!! And there are so many beautiful pictures!!! I am so happy to have it!!! Thank you very much!!! :pointy::pointy::pointy:

Edited by Donnie

I just received my beautifully framed Phantom Of The Opera film cell and print SIGNED BY none other than GERRY BUTLER! I'M SO HAPPY! It's a scene from "Point Of No Return" where the Phantom is standing behind Christine with his arms around her! (one of my favorites, I must say!) It's simply beautiful and thank you so much to the person who donated this! I can imagine it was difficult to part with! It will be among my most treasured possessions for sure!

Thank you so much!

D

My book (“Piano Vocal Selections from The Phantom of the Opera: Includes material from the movie.”) has arrived!!! :wave::wave::wave:

It is so beautiful!!! And there are so many beautiful pictures!!! I am so happy to have it!!! Thank you very much!!! :pointy::pointy::pointy:

Donnie, I'm so glad you are pleased with your prize!

All prize winners have been located and all prizes sent out.

IF you are on the winners' list and for some reason have not received your award, please PM me.

Gerard's Groves will continue to be available for donations.

Our goal is to reach 4000 trees by Gerard's 40th birthday!

To donate go here.

Edited by Peigimccann

Hi Peigi, I wanted to say thanks for posting all the beautiful pictures. They just make me want to visit even more. I think I'll make it next year. I've wanted to visit Scotland and Ireland for as long as I can remember.

I did receive the gifts. Thanks so much for coordinating that. I'll try to do another donation in the next couple of weeks.

Ren

Hi Ren,

I'm glad you're enjoying the photos!

I'm heading up to Glen Moriston today to check on Gerard's first grove

which was planted two years ago.

I'll post more photos on Monday!

Thanks again for donating wee trees!

• 2 months later...

Hi Nature Lovers and Treehuggers!

As you may know, Gerry's Groves and The Phantom's Phorests now contain

3387 trees!

They are distributed in the following groves:

Gerard's Grove #1: 1934 trees planted in May of 2007 in Glen Moriston.

Gerard's Grove #2: 216 trees planted in September of 2007 in Corrimony.

Gerard's Grove #3: 216 trees planted fall of 2008 in Corrimony.

The Phantom's Phorest #1: 615 trees planted fall of 2008 in Corrimony.

Gerard's Grove #4: 203 trees planted fall of 2009 in Corrimony.

Phantom's Phorest #2: 231 trees planted fall of 2009 in Corrimony.

We only need 613 more trees to reach 4000.

New hope

Posted Image

That’s $8.20 per tree from seed to sapling as Trees for Life grows their own trees

which are then planted by volunteers.

Location of the groves in Scotland.

Posted Image

From Trees for Life, September 8, 2009,

"It is incredible what you have achieved so far!

Thanks again for all your efforts – your achievements are staggering and very much appreciated by the Trees for Life team!"

Heather in Gerry's first grove.

Posted Image

Hopefully between this and your donations, we will reach our goal!

If you'd like to donate go here

Thank-you!

New and old.

Posted Image

Edited by Peigimccann

Okay.....I am totally a DUM DUM because I wanted to make a meager donation (money is tight right now) but I can't figure out how to change from Dollars to pounds so I guess I'll try again tomorrow...I will figure it out...I'm stubborn! :tantrum:

:wave: Frannie

Okay.....I am totally a DUM DUM because I wanted to make a meager donation (money is tight right now) but I can't figure out how to change from Dollars to pounds so I guess I'll try again tomorrow...I will figure it out...I'm stubborn! :tantrum:

:wave: Frannie

Hi Frannie, when you get to Gerry's Grove donation site, scroll down to

the donation buttons below the green rectangle that tells how much has been donated so far.

Beneath the donation buttons to the right you'll see "Convert pounds to dollars"

If you click on this, it will take you here.

Enter the amount of dollars you want to donate and it will translate them into pounds,

then when you donate to TFL you'll know how many pounds to donate. Your credit card will be charged in dollars.

AND any donation whatsoever is terrific. Even one tree makes a difference.

It requires 22 trees to produce the amount of oxygen consumed by one person,

so if you donate one to Gerry's grove and plant one in your own yard you're on your way!

Peigi, I finally made it back over for another donation. Thanks for the pics. I always enjoy your posts.

Ren

Thanks so much, Ren, glad you enjoy the photos!

Here are a few more!

Planting Gerard's first grove:

Posted Image

Planting the first Phantom's Phorest:

Posted Image

The goal, a mature Scots pine forest with an open heather and blaeberry (blueberry) understory like this one in Glen Affric.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(To donate go here.)

Edited by Peigimccann

Thanks to our generous donors Gerry's Groves now have

trees in them! That's an amazing total of $27,617.

Only 603 to go!

Another photo sent from Jane at Trees for Life,

Scots Pine and rainbow in the Highlands.

Do donate trees go here. Thank-you!

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the participants at Gerry's NYC Birthday Bash

we now have 25 more trees for Gerry's groves in the Highlands of Scotland!

This brings the total number of trees to

The funds will go toward the reforestation of the Great Caledonian Forest that once was

and can be again!

The trees in Gerry's Groves and the Phantom's Phorests

will include many of the following endemic species:

Aspen

Posted Image

Silver birch

Posted Image

Hawthorn

Posted Image

Downy birch

Posted Image

Dwarf birch

Posted Image

Eared willow

Posted Image

Hazel

Posted Image

Dwarf juniper

Posted Image

Scots pine

Posted Image

Rowan

Posted Image

Holly

Posted Image

To donate to Gerry's Groves go here.

Thank-you!

• 2 weeks later...

Gerard's Groves and the Phantom's Phorests now contain

3429 trees

Thanks to all of you who care so much!

To help bring back the Great Caledonian Forest of the Scottish Highlands in Gerry's name go here.

Caledonian Forest species:

Dog rose

Posted Image

Honeysuckle or woodbine

Posted Image

Hazel nuts

Posted Image

Wood sorrel

Posted Image

I just donated 2 trees for Gerry's birthday. I wish I could

do more, but not working for 10 months and no prospect

of employment in sight prohibits me doing more this

year.

I hope we meet the 4000 goal for his 40th. I know he

appreciates what we are doing in his honor.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Our Phantom Pheast and Phantom Redux held in L.A. each November has been adding some trees to the Phantom's Phorest for the past couple of years...

Thank you Peigi for bringing your campaign to reforest Scotland over here to GALS, we are proud and happy to be able to help!

Susan, I add AMEN SISTAH! to that!

Driving through deforested parts of the Highlands (Glencoe, for example) one is astounded and distressed to see the bare mountains. Just rounded, bare rock ("rounded" because the wind and rain have pounded them down, as there is no forest to protect them).

The groves (mostly Scots pine) are clearly visible as one drives through the area, and I believe, slowly but surely, these mountains can be rejuvenated. I am happy and proud to add 10 trees to Gerry's Grove, in honor of his upcoming 40th birthday, and to let Gerry know that his homeland is dear to our hearts as well!

Merle~

P.S. SUSAN, I need a new siggy!

Edited by Southern Fried Tart