Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

4/23 - Gerard in India

according to this article

Gerry's in India...

of course the 'romance' part is to sell newspapers, so please let's not speculate or comment on that part of it :ty:

Can I at least do my little dancing cuz she's not blonde. Posted Image I'm jusy saying. :p

Cassie

She's absolutely beautiful! If he is in fact there , I hope he's having a lot of fun! :) He deserves it

How do they know ALL the places he plans on traveling? :lmao:

Hopefully he won't be too bothered if he is in fact there and is going to each of these places.

I'm so glad he is there though. If he is ;)

He so in tune with his spirituality and so is Chopra which is why I think they have a connection. I'm basing this off friends might I add!

Gerry is incredibly spiritual and I've gotten into The Oneness University after checking it out. It is insanely awesome :)

Glad to hear he is there, he seemed well rested and perhaps with all the rumors going around he needs a little 'calm down time'.

The last time he was there at least at the University it was incredibly meaningful for him.

Anyways, I hope he enjoys his time off.

I adore how he loves learning about different cultures.

Can I at least do my little dancing cuz she's not blonde. Posted Image I'm jusy saying. :p

Cassie

What ARE you saying, Cassie?? I'm just asking!

So......

How come there were no pics of Gerry? Hope he's getting spiritual rejuvenation.

Thanks for the link, Barb.

D

I agree with you 100% Bailey :) I really hope he's getting the rest and relaxation he deserves. I just wish that for one day the press and pap's could just leave him well enough alone and let him enjoy his life.

He busts his backside day in and day out, let the man be for change :)

Edited by Izzabeta

This could well be as much of a business trip as a pleasure one for Gerry, as the article did say that he had met with Ashutosh Gowarikar, who I am assuming is the director of this movie, and as for his traveling about, he could be scouting out locations for an up and coming ET project. There are bound to be future ET projects in the pipeline, and he had already talked to Priyanka about a possible movie in the future, and this is just speculation on my part, but this trip could well be as much business as pleasure or spirituality. Just my opinion...but highly possible....

Tense

Why Gerry might not be pictured could be due to this being an Indian publication and their own people being considered bigger stars and bigger news in their own country.

Somehow I don't think Gerry's itinerary in India is going to result in lines of fans (or paparazzi) following him around. What is acceptable (or at least legal) here may not be so much in other countries. The Indians are very devoted to their Bollywood stars, so Gerry may be able to pass almost undetected in much of the country.

I just hope he isn't planning to do a Bollywood-type movie (for selfish reasons on my part) because on-screen kissing or physical displays of affection are not allowed, and I know I much prefer a Gerry movie that includes plenty of both - or at least some!

Whatever his reason for visiting, if he is in fact there, I hope he has a wonderful time and finds whatever he needs right now (whether it is R&R, romance, film locations, spiritual recharging, or anything else).

Seems he's enjoying the country and good friendship and meeting new people...good for him. Have a life Gerry!

Thanks for sharing Barb. It's good to read he's one happy camper.

OT: Noticed birth flowers & was reading that article on the page too, very interesting ;)

Whatever his reason for visiting, if he is in fact there, I hope he has a wonderful time and finds whatever he needs right now (whether it is R&R, romance, film locations, spiritual recharging, or anything else).

I absolutely agree Susan. Well said.

B

Cassie, you are so funny!! :lmao:

Being a brunette though I can relate to your comment, no offense to anyone.

I agree with you Phantom's Lady Rose as well as with you Susan. I do however disagree on his not doing bollywood films. I think whatever role or film Gerry takes on will be wonderful. I love how he's always expanding his horizons, getting involved with new things. I only wish him the best now and always.

He seems to like India so lets hope he recharges his batteries. He deserves it.

Yes it is funny they seem to have no problem reporting his entire schedule for the trip :funnyface:

She is beautiful I'll give her that.

Moira

I agree with Susan.

Enjoy your time there, Gerry!

My reference to possibly a movie location wasn't for a "Bollywood" film...as I understand most of them are full of elaborate musical/singing numbers, and even though Gerry has expressed in the past that he would maybe like to do a musical film, I don't think this is what he had in mind...but just scouting out locations for possible future projects, of a non-Bollywood type movie, would not be out of the realm of possibility. There are some very beautiful areas of India, and if his itinerary is accurate, or close to accurate, he's going to be taking in quite a bit of the country on his trip. I'm sure being in a place where he can move about without paparazzi and people following him around all the time is wonderful for him, and outside of the UK/Scotland, this may be the one place in the world he can go to relax and be left alone, without cameras constantly being shoved in his face and paparazzi bugging the heck out of him. I have no idea that this is the basis for his trip there, it's just a thought, based on nothing. The main thing is that he's out of LA, out of paparazzi ear/camera shot, and gettnig some much needed R&R after finishing LAC.

Tense

Well said my dear :)

Wasn't GB in India last year around this time? My guess is the unnamed source with all the information is in fact a Bollywood publicist. But they certainly add the sort of details that seemed grounded in reality. As opposed to the tabloid press here who fabricate a blazing love affair out of an ordinary production meeting between a couple of stars.

I agree there could be some business aspects to this trip. It’s entirely possible that GB might want to bring one of the Bollywood directors here to work on a project. But I’m glad he’s away getting some private time for himself.

Seems he's enjoying the country and good friendship and meeting new people...good for him. Have a life Gerry!

I totally agree ...

I'm glad he's in India. There seems to be a draw for him there, and seems to be respected and left alone there.

The more I read and and listen to others, the more I'm seeing that this probably is a combo work/pleasure trip ... Good. :)

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

This could well be as much of a business trip as a pleasure one for Gerry, as the article did say that he had met with Ashutosh Gowarikar, who I am assuming is the director of this movie, and as for his traveling about, he could be scouting out locations for an up and coming ET project. There are bound to be future ET projects in the pipeline, and he had already talked to Priyanka about a possible movie in the future, and this is just speculation on my part, but this trip could well be as much business as pleasure or spirituality. Just my opinion...but highly possible....

Tense

Tense...this was exactly what I thought upon rereading the article. It appears that Gerry is visiting lots of places in India and might be scouting for possible locations for future filming. Notice it didn't say he would be going to Oneness Univ. The article also said he wouldn't be there that long.

:wuv:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Enterta...how/4435248.cms

Priyanka, Gerard bond in Jaipur!

23 Apr 2009, 0000 hrs IST, Mandvi Sharma & Divya Kaushik, TNN

Hollywood actor Gerard Butler is hot property – he’s been linked to not just Jennifer Aniston, but also Priyanka Chopra. But Piggy Chops has always maintained that they’re “just friends”.

They’re such good friends, apparently, that Butler is in India, not just to ‘discover the country’, but also to catch up with Priyanka. Gerard came to India on Tuesday morning and immediately left for Jaipur, where Priyanka is shooting for Ashutosh Gowarikar’s What’s Your Rashee?. He went to the sets of the film in hotel Shiv Vilas in the afternoon. Priyanka introduced him to the cast and crew. He had a long chat with Gowarikar about Indian movies and his projects in Hollywood. He also spoke to Hurman Baweja, and they both hit it off well.

“He’s a very down-to-earth person and curious about India,” says a source from the unit of the film. The actor, who’s booked in his own name, tried tying a safa, intrigued by the colourful dupattas that were being used in the shoot. “After Priyanka finished work, Gerard, she and some members of the unit set off for a sight-seeing session around the city in a bus,” says a source.

Gerard, who will stay in India for a few days, will go to Udaipur and spend a day in Jodhpur as well, after staying in Jaipur for two days. He will then go to Agra to see the Taj, after which he’ll proceed to Goa and a couple of places down south, if time permits.

Thanks AimeeMarie for the link and tutorial. :lol:

:fans:Good for Gerry! Hope he is really enjoying himself! :bounce:

:bellydance:

Good for Gerry! He's really a citizen of the world meeting so many people and trying to learn about them.

Have a good time, Gerry!

Hugs,

Bel

I've merged this post as it was originally in rumours but since a thread was started in Gerry News it's best to have everything in one place.

Moira :wave: