Gerard Butler GALS

4/23 - Gerard in India

becozy

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for these photos and the interesting articles. Gerry seems so relaxed and happy traveling. That's the way we like to see him, smiling. When your with friends you can be yourself and all pretense goes out the window.

Priyanka may be scorched and that is why she is talking about love and romance in a negative way. We women lash out like that after a breakup. If she is with someone as Gerry hinted, then let's hope her heart heals.

This next movie as a Bounty Hunter will be fun, and I see him getting himself in the mood for it. I imagine he is getting ready for another project down the road as we know this man hates to be idle for long. He likes things ready to go after one project ends.

He's looking well and mighTy fine I'd like to say!

I'm sure he's taking in ALL of the sights as would any man within range of Priyanka Chopra..geez the woman in gorgeous!!

Well, we know he's enjoying the country and the people which is nice to see. :pointy:

Gerry has an eye and attraction for all things beautiful and exotic, just like India. That doesn't mean, however, that he's going to move there just because he frequently visits.

D

I'm glad to see Gerry is getting to relax. He has said he likes to investigate different cultures & religions. I hope he finds some peace & tranquility in that country.

woo! Gerry in India again and looks very relaxed and taking it easy; with a big smile on his face. love to see him like this wherever he is.

as for Priyanka i doubt success has changed her. i admire her. she seems to know what she wants, and not only is she beautiful but smart too.

love bollywood movies !! and never knew he auditioned for lagaan.

not so thrilled with the short short hair but gerry looks good however he looks! :cunning:

woo! Gerry in India again and looks very relaxed and taking it easy; with a big smile on his face. love to see him like this wherever he is.

as for Priyanka i doubt success has changed her. i admire her. she seems to know what she wants, and not only is she beautiful but smart too.

not so thrilled with the short short hair but gerry looks good however he looks! :cunning:

I thought he was just kidding about auditioning for Lagaan. It's harder to say when it's in print and you can't see or hear him.

He jokes around so often.

Ren

I thought he was just kidding about auditioning for Lagaan. It's harder to say when it's in print and you can't see or hear him.

He jokes around so often.

Ren

I would bet money he was joking.

:lol:

Why Gerry might not be pictured could be due to this being an Indian publication and their own people being considered bigger stars and bigger news in their own country.

Somehow I don't think Gerry's itinerary in India is going to result in lines of fans (or paparazzi) following him around. What is acceptable (or at least legal) here may not be so much in other countries. The Indians are very devoted to their Bollywood stars, so Gerry may be able to pass almost undetected in much of the country.

I just hope he isn't planning to do a Bollywood-type movie (for selfish reasons on my part) because on-screen kissing or physical displays of affection are not allowed, and I know I much prefer a Gerry movie that includes plenty of both - or at least some!

Whatever his reason for visiting, if he is in fact there, I hope he has a wonderful time and finds whatever he needs right now (whether it is R&R, romance, film locations, spiritual recharging, or anything else).

Umm ...

1. No, gerry is pictured along the original article. Like in the newspaper.

2.I just hope he isn't planning to do a Bollywood-type movie (for selfish reasons on my part) because on-screen kissing or physical displays of affection are not allowed,

Now, that is a once-upon-a-time-long-time-back.

3. Sadly (for me, as I would love to be his only fan in India ... gets me brownie points you see) people do know him here! Maybe not that much ... 'cuz I think 300 was the one which got him much recognition here. People aren't yet aware of his other wonderful projects. You know, like every Hollywood movie doesn't get an Indian release. Only the very popular ones do/popular star cast. (I guess). But those who are his fans ... Well, they are as crazy as us ... (needless to say).

4. Here is the link where you can see the original article (with pictures).

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Cli...TOINEW&GZ=T

Hi Nikki - thank you for a perspective from someone who knows India. When I first posted my response there was no picture of Gerry with the intial link, the photos came in subsequent links. That's why I was responding to another member's query about why there might not be a photo.

As for the prohibition of kissing in Bollywood movies - I wasn't aware that had changed. It was only about 4 years ago I saw " Bride and Prejudice" and I thought Aishwarya Rai was one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen. I read some interviews with her in which she had stated that "in typical Bollywood tradition" she had never kissed a man on screen, and the articles seemed to indicate that such displays would not be seen in Bollywood films even today. But I now understand that such prohibitions in films ended many years ago, though public displays in other places can still get one into trouble (like Richard Gere found out in 2007).

I am sure that the women of India, those who have had the opportunity to see Gerry in any films, are as crazy about him as the rest of us. If he travels about with well-recognized Bollywood stars then he will be less likely to go undetected himself.

Why Gerry might not be pictured could be due to this being an Indian publication and their own people being considered bigger stars and bigger news in their own country.

Somehow I don't think Gerry's itinerary in India is going to result in lines of fans (or paparazzi) following him around. What is acceptable (or at least legal) here may not be so much in other countries. The Indians are very devoted to their Bollywood stars, so Gerry may be able to pass almost undetected in much of the country.

I just hope he isn't planning to do a Bollywood-type movie (for selfish reasons on my part) because on-screen kissing or physical displays of affection are not allowed, and I know I much prefer a Gerry movie that includes plenty of both - or at least some!

Whatever his reason for visiting, if he is in fact there, I hope he has a wonderful time and finds whatever he needs right now (whether it is R&R, romance, film locations, spiritual recharging, or anything else).

Umm ...

1. No, gerry is pictured along the original article. Like in the newspaper.

2.I just hope he isn't planning to do a Bollywood-type movie (for selfish reasons on my part) because on-screen kissing or physical displays of affection are not allowed,

Now, that is a once-upon-a-time-long-time-back.

3. Sadly (for me, as I would love to be his only fan in India ... gets me brownie points you see) people do know him here! Maybe not that much ... 'cuz I think 300 was the one which got him much recognition here. People aren't yet aware of his other wonderful projects. You know, like every Hollywood movie doesn't get an Indian release. Only the very popular ones do/popular star cast. (I guess). But those who are his fans ... Well, they are as crazy as us ... (needless to say).

4. Here is the link where you can see the original article (with pictures).

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Cli...TOINEW&GZ=T

Hi Nikki - thank you for a perspective from someone who knows India. When I first posted my response there was no picture of Gerry with the intial link, the photos came in subsequent links. That's why I was responding to another member's query about why there might not be a photo.

As for the prohibition of kissing in Bollywood movies - I wasn't aware that had changed. It was only about 4 years ago I saw " Bride and Prejudice" and I thought Aishwarya Rai was one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen. I read some interviews with her in which she had stated that "in typical Bollywood tradition" she had never kissed a man on screen, and the articles seemed to indicate that such displays would not be seen in Bollywood films even today. But I now understand that such prohibitions in films ended many years ago, though public displays in other places can still get one into trouble (like Richard Gere found out in 2007).

I am sure that the women of India, those who have had the opportunity to see Gerry in any films, are as crazy about him as the rest of us. If he travels about with well-recognized Bollywood stars then he will be less likely to go undetected himself.

Yes, you are absolutely right that the PDA (Public Displays Of affection) is not acceptable. Thanks to our GREAT politicians who make a huge hue and cry about it!

You'd be shocked to know that recently down south a group of politicians tried to ban Valentine's Day!!! LoL. BUT THANK GOD people revolted against it!!! We had this "Pick Knickers Campaign" against it where gals n women sent their 'pink knickers' (with or without messages) to that group of politicians.

They just have to make fuss out of of it ... 'cuz they know that they can't really manipulate the urban-Indian vote bank ... So, they try and manipulate the 'rural' Indians. It's crazy but it's politics.

So, people (like us) really have to choose the right 'public places' for PDA. :p (That sounds so weird!)

And you know ... aishwarya rai herself has gone ahead and done kissing scenes. I just don't understand that why do they make such statements!!!

About the Gerry thing I just meant to say that he is not yet as popular as Jolie or Cruise or Pitt and the like.

Anyways, if i sounded mean ... I'm really sorry. I really didn't mean to ...

Tcr! :)

Hi there Nikki... :wave:

Tell me what you think of this: I have noticed in the last two years that there ARE some on-screen kisses in certain movies, and obviously it is going to happen more and more. I think right now it seems to be between actors and actresses who are NOT married to anyone.

But where I go to the Indian movie cinema here in our local Indian community, the audience (which is 99% Indian), gasps at any kissing, or a slogan on a t-shirt or blatant adultery...(like SRK and Rani in "Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna")...

Did Salman actually kiss Lara Dutta at the end of "Partner"???

I know I saw a kiss very recently in something in the past year..."Dostana", or maybe "Bachna Ae Haseeno"? Oh no, I think it was in "Dhoom 2"...Ash and Hrithik :wuv: ...I didn't mind at all...I guess because it was Hrithik...I thought it was about time! Ha! (But he IS married, Ash was not at the time.)

I think Ash might have kissed Dylan McDermot in "Mistress Of Spices"? I know there was a bedroom scene, but maybe just artistically rolling around, and no actual lip-to-lip action. :kisswink:

I remember sitting there watching it and thinking..."why wasn't GERRY in this one?" He would've been GREAT in it!!

And in "Salaam Namaste", quite a large group of people actually got up and walked out of the theatre when Preity Zinta was reading her pregnancy test!! The whole theme of the film was very bold for a Hindi film.

Take care!!

Goodnite.

Nikki - I didn't think you sounded mean at all - I appreciated getting the point of view from someone far more "in the know" about Indian culture than I! There are some very real differences, and I do hope that our Gerry knows the proper etiquette while he is visiting. He seems to be a very affectionate man, possibly prone to spontaneous displays of affection even just among friends, and I would hate for him to get in trouble while he visits a country in which he seems to feel a strong sense of spirituality. As for his not being as well-known in India as some of those others, well, he isn't as well known as them here in the U.S. either, and I think that's really OK because it gives him some opportunities to just be himself, not constantly on display for the media.

Nancy, you really do know your Hindi films!

Hi Nikki

It is great to hear your point of view and very much appreciated. Is Priyanka getting any backlash in the media over there with her friendship with Gerry. I do know that it is frowned upon even just having a friendship with people outside of your normal custom. He has made it clear he likes her but acknowledges she has a boyfriend but I imagine even just saying something like that may not go down well some some corners.

As Susan said even showing PDA is a sin over there so I would like to think any foreigner that goes over there is well advised of the customs.

And I agree with Susan that Aishwarya Rai is one of the most stunningly beautiful women in the world.

Hugs

Moira

Hi there Nikki... :wave:

And in "Salaam Namaste", quite a large group of people actually got up and walked out of the theatre when Preity Zinta was reading her pregnancy test!! The whole theme of the film was very bold for a Hindi film.

OMG!!!

Thats awful !!! I mean sh*t .... did that happen ? OMG. I can't seem to get over it! I'm very shocked. I don't really know how to put it but it's just that SOME people are a bit too conservative. It's a shame that they go out of the country and then give such wrong impressions to people.

Well, I don't think 'kissing' is restricted to the un-married or something like that. But it's just that some stars just choose not to do it because they can get away by not doing it. A lot of "controversies" are created by the media and the politicians over baseless issues like I already mentioned. It's just that a WHOLE lot of people have gotten totally open-minded and all of that BUT there still is a BIG chunk of the population who are still ... well, not that open. And films are meant to cater to all the audiences.

With the whole "multiplex revolution" happening, films are being made to cater to the taste of the urban Indians.

It's just the whole diversity thing. And it is interpreted by the foreigners in a completely wrong way. But I don't really blame them. I mean one believes in what one 'gets to know by the media.' And 'real India' as they put it is not what they show. The real India can be discovered only probably by interacting with more and more Indians.

PS: Have you seen BLACK ? It's a nice movie. Plus, there's a kissing scene between Rani Mukherjee and Amitabh in it. (Now that we are talking about it ... I just thought I might add).

Hi Nikki

It is great to hear your point of view and very much appreciated. Is Priyanka getting any backlash in the media over there with her friendship with Gerry. I do know that it is frowned upon even just having a friendship with people outside of your normal custom. He has made it clear he likes her but acknowledges she has a boyfriend but I imagine even just saying something like that may not go down well some some corners.

As Susan said even showing PDA is a sin over there so I would like to think any foreigner that goes over there is well advised of the customs.

And I agree with Susan that Aishwarya Rai is one of the most stunningly beautiful women in the world.

Hugs

Moira

Hey Moira

Well, she is absolutely not "getting any backlash in the media".

I do know that it is frowned upon even just having a friendship with people outside of your normal custom. He has made it clear he likes her but acknowledges she has a boyfriend but I imagine even just saying something like that may not go down well some some corners.

Okay, that makes me sad. I mean I know you don't mean it in the wrong fashion but such bizarre conceptions can really make me angry and sad.

But maybe it's like ... people here have crazy conceptions about the people outside too. I mean some people. I think it's only human to be curious and judgmental and the media makes the most out of it.

But trust me on this, there is absolutely NOTHING like that. I mean ... there might be some people who think like that. Like there might be some people there who maybe 'conservatives' as compared to the rest of you. You know what I mean.

Now, I don't know how my maid or her family would react to this. BUT I don't think anyone else will see it like that. I mean I don't know anyone at all who would see it like that.

As far as PDA is concerned. Well, it ain't a sin but then if you go to for a campaign to the villages and all then one should avoid kissing. LoL. You know what i mean. (Read : the Richard Gere controversy). I mean yes, we can't be seen kissing in schools and colleges but then it's like people do kiss in schools and colleges. It's just that it won't be in the corridors in front of the teachers and everyone else. You know ...

But people do kiss in parks, pubs, theaters and it is made sometimes an issue by some really cheap and aimless politicians trying to establish themselves. But that doesn't stop anything.

Now, I wouldn't go on to say that in the next few years people will be openly 'making out' in public or at parties (not that it doesn't happen ... but I mean ... like in large numbers). Because, simply putting it we do have a different culture and traditions. And it is this mix of our own culture and modernization/westernization which is totally "awesome".

And I think no one ... whether it's an Indian or a Scot or an African ... I mean everyone should somewhere know his roots and be in touch with what he is.

Ren

Thanks a lot for understanding :).

Dragon slayer

It's indeed my pleasure for being able to clear somethings up or tell you guys something about India. makes me happy. :)

Love

Nikki

And Moira ... I forgot to hug you back! So here it is ! :) *hugs*

WOW! I've got to say! After following this thread for a while, I am learning so much about India and it's culture and customs that I never knew! Then I think about Gerry being there for any length of time, especially loose in the country (not to mention around all those beautiful, exotic Indian women!) and I'm thinking "uh' ooohh! Knowing our boy, :whome2: and his "spontaneity" :omg2: about everything, I feel it's not just a matter of "if" but more just a matter of time! LOL :behave:

D