Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

4/23 - Gerard in India

Hi Jane

If you care to add the rest of the comment that came from another site you got this from then everyone will know it is somebody taking the proverbial :funnyface:

Moira

I want to say hello to all the GALS. I've been reading this topic and learning a lot. And all because of Gerry and his travels. :cunning: I come and read but rarely post but I'm going to start.

There was a thread on the "Classic" movie site on IMDb a few years ago about movies made in India and members from India were giving recomendations of what we should see for an overview. One I saved that was shown on TCM during a period they were showing a lot of films from India with a director from India as a co-host - was Mother India from back in the '60s, I think. Around 3 or more hours but the lead actress was great. Do you know it, Nikki? I also taped Junglee 1961 and Awaara 1951. Enjoyed seeing them. Guess I should get them out and watch again cause I've forgotten what they were about. :embarassed:

I just read an item that said

Gerard is "gobsmacked about making my Bollywood debut" in Priyanka's new romantic comedy. We learnt that Gerard will have a cameo as a chai wallah who dreams of making it big in Bollywood. He and his four friends are spending two days in Jaipur for costume fittings (apparently Gerard has quickly become an expert at tying the safa) and intensive training in Bollywood song and dance technique.

. Did I read to fast and you guys have already discussed this. I think that is great that Gerry will appear in this film, if true. :wow2:

But what is a safa. And what is a chai wallah? :unsure: Thanks for any insight you can give.

Catch you all later.

Jane

I thought that I did read this information about the cameo role, in one of the may google alerts or articles originating in the last day ot two, from the Bollywood press. There were so many, that I forget which one it was, but I did read it!!

Very interesting........why not??

:hmm:

Just point me to the DVD when it comes out! LOL

Sounds like something that might happen on set - and certainly Gerry would be up for it. Something more to look forward to, if true.

:D So many "if true's" now - I need to know!!!

Jane

Has this already been posted? If so, please disregard.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Enterta...how/4455121.cms

Gerard’s bringing Cruise to India!

28 Apr 2009, 0000 hrs IST, Shweta Thakur & Divya Kaushik, TNN

Everyone thought that Hollywood hottie Gerard Butler was in Jaipur with some of his friends to explore its beauty and catch up with ‘good friend’ Gerard in India

Priyanka Chopra at the same time.

However, friendship or sight-seeing were not the only reasons that brought Gerard to India. There was some serious work on his agenda too – that of scouting for locations for his next film, starring another Hollywood hottie – Tom Cruise.

Says a source on condition of anonymity, “Gerard was in Jaipur with some of his production team members on a location hunt for his upcoming project that features Tom Cruise. He really liked the picturesque locales of Jaipur and has said that he’ll soon come back to shoot here.” During his stay in Hotel Shiv Vilas, Gerard keenly observed the shooting of director Ashutosh Gowarikar’s What’s Your Rashee? that stars Priyanka and Hurman Baweja. Adds the source, “Gerard and his crew members also checked out the hotel from top to bottom – to see whether it’d be suitable for them to shoot there. After being sure about everything, he has finalised the venue for the shoot.”

After soaking in the beauty of the desert state, Gerard, who will stay in India for a few more days, will go to Agra, to see the Taj. Will this also be a ‘location hunting’ trip? Watch this space...

Hi Dallas

Great minds think alike we must have posted this together LOL.

Moira

Hi Jane

If you care to add the rest of the comment that came from another site you got this from then everyone will know it is somebody taking the proverbial :funnyface:

Moira

Moira, I'm sorry if I made an error. :unsure:

I'll go to the corner. :kisswink:

Jane

I want to say hello to all the GALS. I've been reading this topic and learning a lot. And all because of Gerry and his travels. :cunning: I come and read but rarely post but I'm going to start.

There was a thread on the "Classic" movie site on IMDb a few years ago about movies made in India and members from India were giving recomendations of what we should see for an overview. One I saved that was shown on TCM during a period they were showing a lot of films from India with a director from India as a co-host - was Mother India from back in the '60s, I think. Around 3 or more hours but the lead actress was great. Do you know it, Nikki? I also taped Junglee 1961 and Awaara 1951. Enjoyed seeing them. Guess I should get them out and watch again cause I've forgotten what they were about. :embarassed:

I just read an item that said

Gerard is "gobsmacked about making my Bollywood debut" in Priyanka's new romantic comedy. We learnt that Gerard will have a cameo as a chai wallah who dreams of making it big in Bollywood. He and his four friends are spending two days in Jaipur for costume fittings (apparently Gerard has quickly become an expert at tying the safa) and intensive training in Bollywood song and dance technique.

. Did I read to fast and you guys have already discussed this. I think that is great that Gerry will appear in this film, if true. :wow2:

But what is a safa. And what is a chai wallah? :unsure: Thanks for any insight you can give.

Catch you all later.

Jane

Im trying to picture Gerard in this type of movie....

what's the news source for this info and thanks for sharing :)

Here's another little blurb. Notice that the GB quotes from the original story are twisted around just a little bit. I hate it when they do that:

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bollywood...rty-280409.html

Priyanka's party with Gerard Butler on poll day

Priyanka Chopra is having a party at her house for about 25-30 people at her residence on Election Day — April 30. The guestlist is still a work in progress. The party is in honour of Hollywood actor Gerald Butler, who is presently in the country.

The actress first met the actor, last seen in the action flick 300, in Dubai, at a party hosted by Shahrukh Khan in his suite at Atlantis The Palm. Butler is in the country on a back-packing trip with four of his friends, and last week, he caught up with PC in Jaipur, where she was shooting for What's Your Raashee?.

Last week, the actor who is single was quoted in a Delhi paper saying, "I'd love to date an Indian girl." When asked about his friendship with Chopra, he said, "I would've dated her but she has a boyfriend." The 'boyfriend' Shahid Kapoor will also be present at Piggy Chops newly done-up residence Raj Classic in Versova. This will finally put an end to the rumours of any romance between the B-Town belle and the Hollywood hottie.

The actress has been calling her friends and inviting them to her party, which will include the who's who of Hollywood. Butler will also be visiting his friends Shahrukh Khan and Gauri, while in the city.

Who's invited

Shahrukh-Gauri

Hrithik Susanne

John-Bipasha

Abhishek-Aishwarya

Imran-Avantika

Ranbir-Deepika

Karan Johar

Farah Khan- Shirish Kunder

Edited by Rendita

Hi Jane

Moira

Moira, I'm sorry if I made an error. :unsure:

I'll go to the corner. :kisswink:

Jane

It depends where you read it Jane :funnyface:

The site I read it on it was obvious from the whole paragraph that it was very tongue in cheek and somebody on that site had made it up and considering nobody has actually found a link to it I'm going with the sceptical stance that it was not a proper quote from a publication anywhere - but I could be wrong :funnyup:

Moira

Butler is the star of 300, the phenomenal action film on the Peloponesian war whom the Khans have invited to Mumbai.

They got that right! Who cares about the details ...

I highly doubt Gerry has been backpacking around India...

:unsure:

I've said this before and I shall say it again, I just wish they would let the man be. Whether he's scouting film locations or trying to relax, everyone seems to be in his personal life..back off a titch already sheesh! Okay now I can breathe, just getting a little irritated by the gossip,rumors,and such lately.

And if I stepped on anyone's toes I sincerely apologize, guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning lol.

I guess around the world, it doesn't matter what country you are in, the gossip press is all the same. They just pass on one hogwash story to the next. I loved the "backpacking" story too. Imagine GB and friends hopping buses and thumbing their way around India, dodging sacred cows on the road to the Taj Mahal. LOL. Good grief, where does this junk come from?

I do believe there will be a party though, and I'd bet it's a working event for all involved. I hope there are pictures.

I see the words "backpacking around India" and all I can think of is a GIANT, industrial-size can of bug spray---how bad is that??? :rotflmao:

Edited by StarDust767

My first thought about Gerry backpacking was him trekking across the mountains and countryside, but I guess it could mean journeying through the cities, sort of like an Amazing Race, kind of thing. Gerry's such a self proclaimed city boy, I'll believe him back packing in the country when I see the pics!

:worthless:

D

:funnyup: I hear ya LOL.

It's not that I'm unadventurous--I actualy am. I love trying new things, traveling, seeing new places. However, whilst seeing the jungles etc would be fascinating, meeting the creepy-crawlies living therein would *NOT*. I don't do bugs...

I can't get the images from Temple of Doom out of my head (or the Indiana Jones theme song :rotflmao: Da da dada...da da da...) :lalala:

Edited by StarDust767

oh I hear ya stardust! I don't mind bugs in the slightest but even Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom made me shudder.

I agree with Delene, this thread needs some photos ;) Now see I'm a country girl so the whole backpacking about bit doesn't phase me in the slightest and the only insect that terrifies me to no end are those earwigs..*shudders at the thought*. I'm sorry any bug with pincers on it's bum can high tail it away from me asap LOL.

He loves hiking so he could be backpacking if he wanted to, just for fun.

But this seems more business with just a little pleasure thrown in.

I'm glad Chopra is being gracious enough to throw him a party and show him around, it's probably good for him to be away.

I just can't wait for him to get back to the states!

I do disagree with the classification of Gerry as a city boy. He loves to get out and hike...he was hiking in the hills above Malibu with Lolita. He loves the Highlands, that's his favorite place to go in Scotland. And he's said his ideal date would be to go hiking/walking in the Highlands.

:wuv:

Edited by Dragon Slayer

I'd gladly go hiking in the highlands with Gerry. I'd go hiking by myself even. I love being in the outdoors,getting fresh air :) I would love to go up there with a good camera and takes loads of photos, Sepia tones being my preferred choice :)

:ohbaby: If this rumor is true. I'd :wuv: to see GJB do a cameo

in a Bollywood film dance number.

The MAN's got the grove and the moves! :dance: :dancer:

HE was terribly FUNNY in the dance scene from RNR.

It's my favorite one of HIS in that film.

:gotgals::sword: