Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

4/23 - Gerard in India

I do disagree with the classification of Gerry as a city boy. He loves to get out and hike...he was hiking in the hills above Malibu with Lolita. He loves the Highlands, that's his favorite place to go in Scotland. And he's said his ideal date would be to go hiking/walking in the Highlands.

:wuv:

I believe those were his words about being a city boy. But I can see Gerry as very adaptable to any environment. Hiking through the Indian countryside would be a far cry from hiking the hills above Malibu. Gerry would just have to make sure he came prepared. Let's see, back pack checklist:

energy bars

water

cell phone

iPod

palm pilot

Bounty Hunter script

toilet paper

tooth brush

pic of Lolita

swiss army knife

flashlight

batteries

maps

lion, tiger and bear repellent

bug spray

sun screen

portable coffee bean grinder

:funnyup:

D

bug spray

sun screen

D! :funnyup:

I love hiking too, specially in the forest. I spent a few months up in washington state hiking thru the woods near Mt St Helens and exploring some of the waterfalls on the oregon side of the Columbia River Gorge...omg soooo beautiful. I'd go hiking with him thru the highlands of Scotland any day. I just have my reservations about the JUNGLE....

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd go with him anywhere :wuv: --even the jungle--but not before insisting he remain armed with the worlds largest fly swatter... :escape:

Star

Edited by StarDust767

:ohbaby: If this rumor is true. I'd :wuv: to see GJB do a cameo

in a Bollywood film dance number.

The MAN's got the grove and the moves! :dance: :dancer:

HE was terribly FUNNY in the dance scene from RNR.

It's my favorite one of HIS in that film.

:gotgals::sword:

yeah lol!

bug spray

sun screen

D! :funnyup:

I love hiking too, specially in the forest. I spent a few months up in washington state hiking thru the woods near Mt St Helens and exploring some of the waterfalls on the oregon side of the Columbia River Gorge...omg soooo beautiful. I'd go hiking with him thru the highlands of Scotland any day. I just have my reservations about the JUNGLE....

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd go with him anywhere :wuv: --even the jungle--but not before insisting he remain armed with the worlds largest fly swatter... :escape:

Star

I'd like to go hiking with Gerry in the highlands and loose his map, if you know what I mean! :cunning:

D

Yes delene we know you'd devise a plot to "lose" said map hahahaha

PS: As a SRK fan maybe you'd like to know. He says, " I'm too shy for kissing scenes" and " I'm too shy with women" and " I'm so shy that I can't walk up to get my food from the buffet if my wife is not along with me. "

*Jus a bit of trivia which makes me laugh so much ... like in a 'cute' way*

:funnyup::funnyup::funnyup: I find this very hard to believe..Shahrukh shy?? :hide:

I guess it just shows what an excellent actor he is. :kiss:

I'll take him to the buffet anyday!!! :kisswink:

I saw another post a couple pages back, (in fact, I am still two pages behind at this point!!), stating "Gerard and his friends Shahrukh and Gauri"...I know they were some of the celebs listed at the big party when that new resort opened in Dubai last year, but for me to picture my TWO fave guys in the WHOLE world TOGETHER, in the SAME ROOM is just too much for me to dream of...

I can go to sleep with good thoughts now. :love:

NIKKI; Have a safe trip and best of luck. :metoyou:

Nancy

Let's see, back pack checklist:

energy bars

water

cell phone

iPod

palm pilot

Bounty Hunter script

toilet paper

tooth brush

pic of Lolita

swiss army knife

flashlight

batteries

maps

bug spray

sun screen

D

That is a great list! What about snakes, is there a repellent for those?

Edited by Skatingfan03

Lady Ski Bum

Oh, I just wanted to tell you that the post above is like a general post and not a reply to you. Damn, I should have erased that quote thing. I mean I kind of started the whole topic with the movie thing and then went on to talk about other things. :)

Anyways, I'm glad you liked the movie and I want to see it too! :)

Love

Nikki

Hello Nikki,

I didn't take any offense and your post was really interesting. As a Computer Engineer I just loved the movie for what it was - a movie about hard working computer literate people who wanted to move up in the world of computer systems. You really have to see it to see what I mean but while watching the movie I thought about a few years back when I was having some computer problems with a system I was installing and called the help line. As the gentleman and I were waiting for the system to re-boot we started chatting about India and his family and my family. It was great fun and something that happens a lot when I am talking on computer help lines. I just get excited about how small our globe is and how computers can bring us all closer together. That's what the movie meant to me. The movie was funny and truthful and just plain enjoyable.

:hmm:

Let's see, back pack checklist:

energy bars

water

cell phone

iPod

palm pilot

Bounty Hunter script

toilet paper

tooth brush

pic of Lolita

swiss army knife

flashlight

batteries

maps

bug spray

sun screen

D

That is a great list! What about snakes, is there a repellent for those?

None that I know of. Just heavy boots and an after bite kit (or someone willing to suck out the poison). Aren't there a lot of cobras in India? Maybe a flute??? :funnyup:

D

I actually have a snake bite kit for whenever I go camping. :)

PS: As a SRK fan maybe you'd like to know. He says, " I'm too shy for kissing scenes" and " I'm too shy with women" and " I'm so shy that I can't walk up to get my food from the buffet if my wife is not along with me. "

*Jus a bit of trivia which makes me laugh so much ... like in a 'cute' way*

:funnyup::funnyup::funnyup: I find this very hard to believe..Shahrukh shy?? :hide:

I guess it just shows what an excellent actor he is. :kiss:

I'll take him to the buffet anyday!!! :kisswink:

I saw another post a couple pages back, (in fact, I am still two pages behind at this point!!), stating "Gerard and his friends Shahrukh and Gauri"...I know they were some of the celebs listed at the big party when that new resort opened in Dubai last year, but for me to picture my TWO fave guys in the WHOLE world TOGETHER, in the SAME ROOM is just too much for me to dream of...

I can go to sleep with good thoughts now. :love:

NIKKI; Have a safe trip and best of luck. :metoyou:

Nancy

I know ... initially it was very hard for me to believe it too! But he says that over and over again ... all the time! So, i guess it's true. Also, in some of his interviews you can actually see him blushing! :)

Thanks a ton for the luck! I need it bad! :)

Please Excuse ...

Actually the post above got posted here again! :'(

Edited by Nikki7

I want to say hello to all the GALS. I've been reading this topic and learning a lot. And all because of Gerry and his travels. :cunning: I come and read but rarely post but I'm going to start.

There was a thread on the "Classic" movie site on IMDb a few years ago about movies made in India and members from India were giving recomendations of what we should see for an overview. One I saved that was shown on TCM during a period they were showing a lot of films from India with a director from India as a co-host - was Mother India from back in the '60s, I think. Around 3 or more hours but the lead actress was great. Do you know it, Nikki? I also taped Junglee 1961 and Awaara 1951. Enjoyed seeing them. Guess I should get them out and watch again cause I've forgotten what they were about. :embarassed:

I just read an item that said

Gerard is "gobsmacked about making my Bollywood debut" in Priyanka's new romantic comedy. We learnt that Gerard will have a cameo as a chai wallah who dreams of making it big in Bollywood. He and his four friends are spending two days in Jaipur for costume fittings (apparently Gerard has quickly become an expert at tying the safa) and intensive training in Bollywood song and dance technique.

. Did I read to fast and you guys have already discussed this. I think that is great that Gerry will appear in this film, if true. :wow2:

But what is a safa. And what is a chai wallah? :unsure: Thanks for any insight you can give.

Catch you all later.

Jane

Hello Jane (and Dragon Slayer too :) )

Chai = Tea (in hindi) and Chai wallah is someone who sells tea! The "chai wallahs" often sell/serve other snacks etc too but are called so 'cuz they are basically famous for their tea or they started with selling tea (started their shop/stall).

Also, Jamaal in Slumdog millionaire is shown as an employee of the chai wallah *if i remember correctly*. (The one who goes around and serves the tea for him).

Safa is particular type of turban. And as Gerry is in Rajasthan, I assume *here* they are talking about the Rajasthani way.

You can read about the Rajasthani ones here :

http://www.sawf.org/newedit/edit01102000/culture.asp

Now, god ... it would be interesting to see Gerry playing the role of a chai wallah with the 'safa' et al! I mean ... it's kind of hard to imagine. Firstly, him as a tea seller and secondly, wearing a safa!?! (If they meant that his character is wearing one)

I guess, he is being shown as a very authentic chai wallah then. :p

Because safas are either worn by villagers or on some functions and marriages OR could be worn as a part of the costume by anyone trying to create the Rajasthani theme in their hotels or for some other reason ...

Okay so Chai means tea? so when we ask for Chai tea we are actually asking for tea tea? :roftlmao:

I think when you order Chai tea, it means it's Indian style. That's my take on in anyway. I love Chai tea...

:)

Okay so Chai means tea? so when we ask for Chai tea we are actually asking for tea tea? :roftlmao:

LOL!!!

That reminds me of something! As a kid i used to say "DITTO SAME". LOL.

I think it means tea in Turkish and Arabic as well and Ive read that word in a Kabbalah book I have which means life

or living in Hebrew.

http://www.mynews.in/fullstory.aspx?storyid=18228

Here's a link to an interesting report I received yesteday. I think it reveals a lot about Gerry's trip to India...what he really came there for. It's all starting to fall into place for me. I hope he did find some peace after the intensity of LAC.

:wuv:

Ha, ha...funny Gerry! Thanks Moira...

;)

I wonder what Gerry would have done if she would have said "yes", that cheeky boy!

D

:drink: Another snippet a friend sent me:

Party News

"Great Gerard

The party finally got over around 5 am though Gerard Butler (the guest of honour) and his group of friends stayed back.

"Everyone was charmed by Gerard. He's down-to-earth and friendly and his gang buddies was great fun too. Gerard appeared to be a teetotaler as he neither smoke nor drank. Throughout the night he sipped only water."

The source adds, "Although there have been rumours about Priyanka and Butler, its utter rubbish. With Shahid on one side and Gerard on the other, Priyanka didn't look uncomfortable at all. In fact, Shahid and Gerard were seen chatting and Shahid mingled with everyone."