Gerard Butler GALS

4/23 - Gerard in India

becozy

[sorry that I posted this. I just wanted to tell somebody who would understand because it really hurt me. Again, I apologize.

No need to apologize. Believe me, I understand. When you first encounter that kind of stuff you feel shock and outrage and anger. But in the end you just have to remember that they are really stupid people - and I mean that in the literal sense - who have nothing better to do than fill the world with garbage. Pretty sad.

It does hurt. But I just go back to Gerry interviews or remember the very kind things he's done we know about (and the many others we don't know about), and I feel better. All he really owes me is what he does on the screen. I believe he's basically a good guy. That's all I need to know.

Jane

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[sorry that I posted this. I just wanted to tell somebody who would understand because it really hurt me. Again, I apologize.

No need to apologize. Believe me, I understand. When you first encounter that kind of stuff you feel shock and outrage and anger. But in the end you just have to remember that they are really stupid people - and I mean that in the literal sense - who have nothing better to do than fill the world with garbage. Pretty sad.

It does hurt. But I just go back to Gerry interviews or remember the very kind things he's done we know about (and the many others we don't know about), and I feel better. All he really owes me is what he does on the screen. I believe he's basically a good guy. That's all I need to know.

Jane

Thanks Jane! I know that he is a great guy, you can just tell from the interviews; his personality comes through.

You just cannot fake it. And the most important is what he gives us in his movies.

I don't think that I cried that much in any other movies combined than I cried in PSILY. :)

I don't think he would ever let that happen, but I just hope no one ever uses Gerry for their own publicity. That's all I have to say.

D

Edited by GBPhanatic

Some of us don't read the blogs and other sites because we don't want to deal with them. They post as they do to get at fans. By responding to them, you give them what they want - attention. Gerry is incidental. In an odd way it is a testament to his popularity that they continue to pick at him. If he did not have a following, they wouldn't care. It's been going on a long time and it's not likely to stop as long as they get a rise out of people.

And personally, I'd really appreciate it if fans wouldn't come back here and tell us what they're saying. It's never good and there's nothing I can do about it anyway. PM your friends and share with them. If I wanted to know, I'd read the blogs myself.

Incidentally, it might be wise to remember this when you read outrageous lies and character assasinations of other celebrities. Could be, that isn't the whole truth either. Some people love to revel in filth and only delight when they can tear somebody down. And, apparently, they also like to blog. :)

Jane

Sorry that I posted this. I just wanted to tell somebody who would understand because it really hurt me. Again, I apologize.

I don't blame you. You are new to all this fan stuff with Gerry. Good for you for trying to be heard. I think everyone should realize that Andrea was just upset. She never meant to further negativity.

Thank you guys!

I really adore him in a way that's so special and peculiar, since I have never felt this before with anybody.

You all know what I'm talking about. :wuv:

I would never do anything to hurt him in any way or form.

I don't think he would ever let that happen, but I just hope no one ever uses Gerry for their own publicity. That's all I have to say.

D

I'm sure it's happened ... I think it's the nature of the beast of being in show business.

Andrea, I did the same thing at first. I felt it was my duty to defend Gerry's honor on those sites. Then a few friends set me straight about a few things. 1. They are only out to say crap about celebs no matter who it is; 2. Responding to them only fuels their fire; and 3. Their opinion doesn't matter.

But it hurt me so much to read what they were saying about Gerry. Now, almost two years later (holy crap), I have come to realize that the only opinions that matter are the ones on Gerry fan boards. We can't help what those who spew poison do, and trying to put them in their place only makes it worse. Forget them ... they just don't matter.

I'm sure whatever you said did represent our feelings toward Gerry. We all love and respect him and would never do anything to hurt him. So whatever you said, amen, girl. And honestly, if I want to read it I'll go there. GALS is a safe place and the negative poison should have no place here.

This is so off topic. :lmao:

Lisa, I don't think it's off topic at all. It really took me a long time to realize that the people on JJ (and some on IMDB) are really Gerry haters and I used to get really upset with what was said on there. I almost took it personally. I don't read there at all any more. It's a good thing that Gerry's real fans know what kind of a person he is...just look at him with the Slumdog kids and you know he's a caring and loving person. He probably does lots more that we know nothing about. I know personally about something he did recently for those less fortunate and there was never a word about it in the press.

Never a negative word has been said about him by those who are closest to him or have worked with him...NEVER! I believe those of us who are his fans truly know the kind of person he is and that's why we are his fans. I'm never going away!! And it sure doesn't hurt that he's manly, hunky and sexy!! Look at the love in that gorgeous face...his eyes are just shining!

(Trying to get this back on topic...)

:yay::wuv:

teetotaler: a person who abstains totally from intoxicating drink

You learn a new word everyday :]

I love the last one Lisa, where is says he is an 8/10 on humor, 9/10 on intelligence, and 10/10 on looks.

The man is a 10/10 on all of those, lol.

If that is true he was out late, good for him!!!

I'm glad that even though he is a 'teetotaler' *noticed I used my new word* he demonstrates you can still have a blast.

Oh, that gives me hope.

Edited by BaileyS

I post on JJ, but rarely respond to other posters, and I don't read most of the haters. The reason I post is just to add something positive to the comments, and yeah they lash out me sometimes, but I don't care. I'm gonna say what I want.

Swannie

Just a gentle reminder - I know some of the posters are newer to Gerry fandom and newer to this site, but if that be the case PLEASE do take a few minutes to review the site guidelines.

GALS Guidelines

In guideline #2 we do ask that drama (and negativity) from other sites not be brought over to this one. Those who have been around for a little while know that there are many sites out there where anything goes, and the nastier the better as far as some of them are concerned. We know that all that nastiness is hurtful to anyone who cares about Gerry. I do not bother to read the comments on other sites like that, for just that reason. I say often enough here that allowing the comments to hurt you, and responding to them, allows those who post them to believe they have some kind of power. I refuse to give even a moment of power to someone who spends their time bashing and trashing another person, whether it be Gerry or anyone else. I don't let their words hurt me, and I'm sure Gerry doesn't let them hurt him either. So the best advice I can give is enjoy the photos and ignore the comments. It isn't that I avoid the sites themselves, I just don't read what is said by people who in 99.9999999% of the cases do not know Gerry, have probably never even met him, and therefore are only saying what they do to get his fans upset.

I don't defend Gerry as perfect, he certainly is not because he is a human being, who has flaws just like any other human being. I can't say that every motive he has ever had is 100% pure of heart, I doubt that's the case for anyone. But I will defend him based on the words of the people who do know him, his friends, his co-workers, his associates, that he has a heart of gold, and a wicked sense of humor, and a very fine intelligence. That is a combination that I admire greatly and no naysayers are going to change my mind.

Lisa, I don't think it's off topic at all. It really took me a long time to realize that the people on JJ (and some on IMDB) are really Gerry haters and I used to get really upset with what was said on there. I almost took it personally. I don't read there at all any more. It's a good thing that Gerry's real fans know what kind of a person he is...just look at him with the Slumdog kids and you know he's a caring and loving person. He probably does lots more that we know nothing about. I know personally about something he did recently for those less fortunate and there was never a word about it in the press.

Just gonna leave that dangling out there or share? :lol:

Thanks Susan, I understand and again, sorry.

I guess I just need a little time to get over this and after that I will handle things like this better.

I did read the Guidelines in the beginning but apparently did not pay enough attention or was just acting based on my emotions.

I'll be more careful in the future.

A.

I post on JJ, but rarely respond to other posters, and I don't read most of the haters. The reason I post is just to add something positive to the comments, and yeah they lash out me sometimes, but I don't care. I'm gonna say what I want.

Swannie

Hey, I'm with you, Swannie. I very seldom look on these sites but when I do I might post something and if someone wants to "attack" me, I say "bring it on, bring it on!"

D

Quite honestly, this good deed was told to me in complete confidence by a very good friend who witnessed it and I don't feel comfortable sharing it. If she wants to that's another thing. Gerry does many generous things without anyone knowing about it and that's as it should be. Do we shout it all over about the things we do to help others? Just believe that Gerry has a compassionate heart and cares for those who are less fortunate than any of us here.

:wuv:

Edited by Dragon Slayer

They say if you are beautiful on the inside, you are beautiful on the outside too. And Gerry is one person I know who proves this phrase.

He is such a looker with a great body et al but I think his eyes are windows from which his inner beauty shines.

Thanks a lot to all the GALS for all the photos and the clippings which tell us more about this beautiful being.

It might sound kind of weird but now I want to know when he leaves India.

Why?

I don't know. It's just too hard on me to know that he is here and I can't even attempt to reach him. (courtesy:exams).

Nevertheless, anything about him is so heartwarming and such a 'happy feeling' that I've got no words.

I'm glad that I watched PSILY and I got to know this wonderful man and then, such wonderful people on this site. I have visited many forums but the kind of interaction we have here, I feel cannot be found/seen in another. And that is why I'm a member ... here alone! :)

The photos have been very enjoyable indeed. I´m glad that Gerard is on vacation, everybody needs that, LOL. He looks soo great with kids!!!

P.S. For those who may have not noticed: A very tight Hello Magazine monthly poll, Gerard against Mark Owens, going at http://www.hellomagazine.com/vote/mostattr...onth/index.html

Gerard needs to win to move onto the yearly poll. One can vote every 10 minutes... Poll discussion at http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...hp?showforum=71

Edited by Skatingfan03

I wasn't sure where to post this but I just heard something on the news about one of the Slumdog kids. I failed to get his name but evidently, the house that he and his mother lived in was torn down because it was considered "illegal". I was saddened to hear this and wondered if Gerry has heard about it yet if it just happened. He was shown sitting holding his chickens on his lap and smiling and it just breaks my heart! You just want to adopt them all!

D

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of Gerry's kindness and generosity...this just came over in a Google Alert and says so much about the man...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Bollywo...how/4579694.cms

He was sick with a headache and fever and STILL went to visit these kids and is going to help them in their present situation. The man is utterly AMAZING and has the most beautiful and biggest heart in the world. I'm sure he does a lot that nobody ever knows about, for other people in need, as he is not one to toot his own horn, and apparently likes those kind of things to be kept on the QT, so it's very nice that this act of kindness has been brought to public attention.

WHAT A GUY!!!!

Tense

On the subject of Gerry's kindness and generosity...this just came over in a Google Alert and says so much about the man...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Bollywo...how/4579694.cms

He was sick with a headache and fever and STILL went to visit these kids and is going to help them in their present situation. The man is utterly AMAZING and has the most beautiful and biggest heart in the world. I'm sure he does a lot that nobody ever knows about, for other people in need, as he is not one to toot his own horn, and apparently likes those kind of things to be kept on the QT, so it's very nice that this act of kindness has been brought to public attention.

WHAT A GUY!!!!

Tense

I am happy that he did that. I knew he would.

D