Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
annabanana

Gerry at Ischia!?

I just read an article about a S.African director who will be honored at the Ischia Festival in Italy July 12-19 and it lists actors and directors who will be attending. Gerry is on the list! That makes me wonder if his part in the Jennifer Anniston movie will not be a big one. Wouldn't the festival be during the shoot?

Actually it listed folks who had attended in the past. But who knows? He's gone a couple of times. He very well might.

Somehow I doubt it ... that is directly before TUT is released and I would imagine he would be doing promos for it? Maybe I'm too hopeful ... I thought the festival was held already? Whatever ... I still see him promoting TUT in the states first ... unless he goes for like a day ... who knows?

I agree Lisa. He very well may attend the festival but I think he would more than likely be in the states promoting TUT first. But as you said,we never know ;)

Thank God for air travel, right? I would think that even if Gerry is filming a movie, has a premiere and a festival to attend, he will be doing all of it! I don't know much about the process of making a movie but it seems that during the filming process of LAC, they had the weekends off. It seems most of these events occur on weekends. If not, they'll shoot around him. He couldn't be gone more than a day anyway.

D

I believe this list was from 2007. Gad, I hope he doesn't go to Ischia!

:yay::wuv:

I'm kinda with you on that one ... he does spread himself like "butter that has been spread over too much bread". But, like others will say after reading my opinion, he will do whatever he wants and whatever is best for him. I'm being selfish and hoping for a Leno appearance or something before the premiere. I'd like to see him focus on promoting TUT. And I don't think they would hold filming for him ... it costs too much money and he's not a diva. I don't think he would even ask ...

He might turn up in Ischia to market LAC for a day or two. TUT promotion is a day or two for PR interviews* and a possible talk show appearance or two, and an afternoon and evening for the premiere. KH will be doing TV as well so he may only do one or two if any. Comic Con, if he's there, is a day and home (LA) for dinner. Plus filming the BH project somewhere. And there are sure to be "shooting days" where he is not needed or can be scheduled around, just as for Jen and all other participants. Plus constant texting about future projects, new deals, old friends, new friends, etc. :p

Yup, that sounds like his normal schedule. :lol:

Jane

(*Some or all of those may be done far in advance of the premiere.)

Edited by Jeb

I'm kinda with you on that one ... he does spread himself like "butter that has been spread over too much bread". But, like others will say after reading my opinion, he will do whatever he wants and whatever is best for him. I'm being selfish and hoping for a Leno appearance or something before the premiere. I'd like to see him focus on promoting TUT. And I don't think they would hold filming for him ... it costs too much money and he's not a diva. I don't think he would even ask ...

I agree that no one would HOLD filming for him but he is the costar in this next one and shooting AROUND him for a day shouldn't pose too many hardships. Besides, it's business and it's not like he's taking off to go on a shopping spree or something! He probably needs to promote TUT. That's something I would think that the producers of the movie understand ahead of time and have set up their schedules accordingly.

His promotion of a newly released film (TUT) that he is starring in will be more exposure for him thus promotes his popularity, thus increases the box office success of all future projects counting the one he's currently shooting. It's all good! There's no down side to it. I doubt Gerry needs to ask if he can be excused for the day! I'm sure Anniston may have things she needs to break away for as well with regards to business. It's all understandable and part of the business, I would suspect.

From what I see, Gerry's a work hard, play hard kind of guy. He has a high energy level and likes to be doing something all the time, or so it appears in the short time I've "known" him. I sometimes worry about him "spreading" himself too thin to the point he gets sick or burns out and I think it does show on his face sometimes when he's taking on too much either physically or mentally or even emotionally. I think his Mum is a phone call away for bringing him back down to earth sometimes. He put's a lot of stock in her opinions it seems.

I can tell he has somewhat of a sense of urgency right now, perhaps, about his career and seems to want to get in as much as he can while he's young enough to keep up with it but I've never followed a celebrity's life and/or career before like this and this could be pretty standard behavior for most actors. I don't presume to know or understand their business.

Maybe he's in some kind of searching and researching mode right now. Perhaps he's trying to reach some level of fulfillment that he feels he will peak out at and then he can "rest" some. Sometimes, one never finds that sense of wholeness or gratification they're seeking or they're looking in the wrong places for it. He may have to look more within himself spiritually for that rather than searching for it on the physical or material plains. I believe he's getting a handle on that right now.

It could be that this is just who Gerard Butler is. He's happier when he's on the move, taking it all in like a voracious shark in a feeding frenzy! Whatever he does, I hope he gets to that place he wants to be and goes on cruise control for a while. A lot of performers whether they are actors or rock stars, sometimes have the idea that if they slow down, people will loose interest or forget about them and they'll slip off in to obscurity, loose their edge and have trouble getting back.

I will always support Gerry for the actor he is and will be and the person I see within unless that would change, of course, to something I couldn't support, perhaps being in conflict with my set of values. To each their own. I believe he'll make a fine producer as well and hope he never stops acting to pursue more of a life behind the camera. I would miss him and that's MY own selfish wish, I guess. We all have them. But whatever he does choose to do, I wish him all the best forever.

D

My reasons for not wishing him to go to Ishchia have nothing to do with his career. For those of you who have been around for a while you might remember that Gerry didn't get the best publicity there, but that was before he became a 'star'.

BTW...Jay Leno will only be broadcasting until June when Conan takes over for him. Jay is not going to start up again until the fall and will have a different format for his program. I loved going to his shows!

What happened at Ischia?

All I remember were the interviews from the Italian commentator who's very fond of him.

J

gerardable- thanks for sharing with us sweetie. ;)

My reasons for not wishing him to go to Ishchia have nothing to do with his career. For those of you who have been around for a while you might remember that Gerry didn't get the best publicity there, but that was before he became a 'star'.

BTW...Jay Leno will only be broadcasting until June when Conan takes over for him. Jay is not going to start up again until the fall and will have a different format for his program. I loved going to his shows!

He was great when he was on with Conan in the past so going on the Tonight show would be a good thing. Seeing him on Leno's show AND the Tonight would be an even better thing! But I guess he wouldn't be on with Leno until Game comes out since that show won't be on in June or July!

Edited by annabanana

It is a Scottishfest when Gerry & Craig get together! The brogue gets thicker as they talk!

Ischia may not be in the offing here, but Cannes is next month, starts around the 14th or 15th I think, and since principal photography on Bounty Hunter doesn't begin until June 15, I would expect he would be at Cannes, to promote The Ugly Truth, Game, possibly Law Abiding Citizen and a lot of networking in his produce capacity. He generally makes Cannes, and the timing of that is good for his schdule as we know it at this point. Also, there is a huge Fund raising event for Burns in Edinburgh the end of May, and it's possible that he may also be there for that. TUT opens July 24, the premiere will be the week before it opens, and there will probably be many press junkets for that, including TV appearance, like Leno and Ferguson...I have a feeling this movie is going to be very highly promoted, and I hope it is. We'll just have to wait and see how much of this Gerry takes part in.

Tense

Ischia may not be in the offing here, but Cannes is next month, starts around the 14th or 15th I think, and since principal photography on Bounty Hunter doesn't begin until June 15, I would expect he would be at Cannes, to promote The Ugly Truth, Game, possibly Law Abiding Citizen and a lot of networking in his produce capacity. He generally makes Cannes, and the timing of that is good for his schdule as we know it at this point. Also, there is a huge Fund raising event for Burns in Edinburgh the end of May, and it's possible that he may also be there for that. TUT opens July 24, the premiere will be the week before it opens, and there will probably be many press junkets for that, including TV appearance, like Leno and Ferguson...I have a feeling this movie is going to be very highly promoted, and I hope it is. We'll just have to wait and see how much of this Gerry takes part in.

Tense

Cannes actually makes more sense ....

I remember the old interviews when he was there before, he seemed to enjoy his time and I think he sang at one of those events

anyhoo if he does go I hope he gets to enjoy his stay in Naples for a few days :)

Tense

I hope you're right! It's been a bit of a Gerry drought, and I want to see our lad!!!