Gerard Butler GALS

4/28 - Gerard Bringing Cruise to India

Celtic Star

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Phoenix, for the info. It kinda' surprises me that Gerry would say something like that about TC or anyone - but it obviously didn't hurt him (with the press, etc.).

I have never been a fan of TC - but I did see Valkyrie and I was pleasantly surprised - I thought TC was very good in that.

BlueJean

I myself didn't care much for Valkyrie. I prefer his much older films as I've stated before ;)

Either way if he does decide to go through with everything, I only wish him the best :)

Latest news on Gerry's Indian vacation

It’s the other way round now - Hollywood is finally wooing India! Not only Bollywood actors, but also, India’s locales are being sought out by Hollywood hotties. This time, it is Gerard Butler, who recently came to India not just for sight-seeing or ‘very good friend’ Priyanka Chopra’s sake but for a very serious work. The actor was scouting for breath-taking locales for his next film that stars none other than Tom Cruise .

A source disclosed to a news daily, “Gerard was in Jaipur with some of his production team members on a location hunt for his upcoming project that features Tom Cruise. He really liked the picturesque locales of Jaipur and has said that he’ll soon come back to shoot here.”

The source further said, “During his stay in Hotel Shiv Vilas, Gerard keenly observed the shooting of director Ashutosh Gowarikar’s ‘What’s Your Rashee?’ that stars Priyanka and Hurman Baweja. Gerard and his crew members also checked out the hotel from top to bottom - to see whether it’d be suitable for them to shoot there. After being sure about everything, he has finalised the venue for the shoot.”

This means that India will see two Hollywood hotshots working against the picturesque background of Indians deserts - a treat for cine-goers!

Man how do you guys get this stuff so quickly? Does the paper boy deliver the paper and magazine under ya'lls pillows or what?

Not that i'm complaining or anything. Just wish we had more solid proof, how do we know this isnt just the typical gossip coming about?

Either way as I've said before, I only wish Gerry the absolute best now and always. He's a wonderful and brilliant man. Things can only continue to go up from here :)

It always needs to be borne in mind that many don't understand Gerard's sense of humour and would be unable to tell if he was joking or not.

I'm wondering if it was an off-hand, tounge-in-cheek answer Gerry gave to the reporters in India about TC's involvement... ????

:lol:

I do agree with you on that Barb...they probably don't understand his brand of humor. I thought there were a few things he said that he was joking about.

;)

Either they don't understand his sense of humor or they need to clean out they're ears LOL

There is so much that can be lost in "translation" with these types of media reports. We all know how Gerry jokes around but this might have something as simple as someone asking Gerry if he was planning to make a movie in India and when he said he was or thinking about it, they may have asked something like, "Will there be any other movie stars like Tom Cruise?" and Gerry said "maybe". Then it all gets blown out of proportion. I would consider this rumor at this point and nothing more.

D

There is so much that can be lost in "translation" with these types of media reports. We all know how Gerry jokes around but this might have something as simple as someone asking Gerry if he was planning to make a movie in India and when he said he was or thinking about it, they may have asked something like, "Will there be any other movie stars like Tom Cruise?" and Gerry said "maybe". Then it all gets blown out of proportion. I would consider this rumor at this point and nothing more.

D

I think this is probably right. May possibilities other than the one the media reported!

BlueJean

I'm sure we will know when GERRY wants us to know the truth of the situation.

I just hope he is enjoying his celebrity in INDIA. He has surely earned it with all of his

hard work and promotion of his product.

Love him absolutely.

Sandy

I hope if he does do a movie with Tom Cruise they don't over shadow his talents and give all the kudos to Tom Cruise...would like to see Gerry get the praise too.

:pointy:

Really?? I mean ... REALLY???

This ... shocks me ... Literally shocks me ... working with Tom Cruise? If this is true, I wonder if Gerry had to apologize for his 3 foot comment. :rotflmao:

I'm not a TC fan, but I do know he's a box office draw ... and would be great for Gerry's career as a producer to snag TC. I make it a point to not see Cruise movies, but if Gerry is involved in any way I'll be there to support him - no matter what.

Lisa

:yummy: I so plan to marry Gerry!!!

I think you'll have to stand in line for that! *giggles* Line forms to the left!!

I hope if he does do a movie with Tom Cruise they don't over shadow his talents and give all the kudos to Tom Cruise...would like to see Gerry get the praise too.

I'm with you on this one! During the filming of LAC, all I heard was "starring Jamie Foxx" the new "Jamie Foxx thriller". I did not hear once that it was Gerard Butler's first production under his new Evil Twins shingle starring along side of Oscar winner, Jamie Foxx. What up? Irritates the crap out of me! :grrr:

D

It irritated me as well Delene. It's about time he gets some recognition, I'm tellin ya.

I agree this will be a huge boost for his career in a positive way :) I'm anxious to hear more. TC is quite the box office draw. So this new movie is going to be huge. We're all so very proud of Gerry and all that he's accomplished :) Tom is the lucky one getting to work with such a brilliant man!

Remember, Gerry has his own production company Evil Twins...this may be scouting only for a movie with Cruise in it.

I'm with you on this one! During the filming of LAC, all I heard was "starring Jamie Foxx" the new "Jamie Foxx thriller". I did not hear once that it was Gerard Butler's first production under his new Evil Twins shingle starring along side of Oscar winner, Jamie Foxx. What up? Irritates the crap out of me! :grrr:

D

I'm with you on that..he deserves more than he gets.