Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

New LAC Pic, worthy of discussion!

Violent and aggresive prisoners are still shackled, particularly when brought into court, moved from one cell to another, or after confrontations.

The chain runs from the collar to handcuffs which are further secured to a chain around the waist and then a chain down to individual ankle shackles which impede movement causing the 'convict shuffle'. You see them sometimes on Court TV (Tru TV now).

Anyway, the shackle indicates he's been a bad, bad boy and they are scared he's planning to be bad again.

Jane

Oh, handcuffs! :cunning: He's been a bad, bad boy! :drool1: Do you know what happens to bad boys? Let me have him! :swoon: Oh, where was I!

Question:

Delene ... are you having fun at my expense, you cheeky monkey you?

Answer:

Only to keep you from having fun at mine! :kisswink:

Yes, I would LOVE to have these types of discussions in person, Lisa! Maybe we could get together, bake cake and have a good ol' fashioned food fight! (did you see Idol last night?) Everytime you challenge what I say, I can just rub angel food cake in your mouth and when I give you a smart arse answer, you can shove double chocolate devils food in mine! That's my favorite! Anybody else game? :funnyup:

Love you, Lisa!

Delene :wave:

I didn't know they used neck shackles anymore...to me they're only fit for an animal.

I agree but when you see individuals who either can't or won't control themselves, who attempt to murder lawyers in a courtroom or other prisoners who get in reach, you can understand why they are used on occasion.

I will be happy if it is a solid, well-received film with positive critical and public support. Lots of fine films don't get awards. It doesn't make them any less worthy than the very few that do. I am very happy that the first film for his production team seems to be coming together so well. And if it does well, it will mean many more to come.

This is such an exciting time for him and for us. I wish him the very best.

J

I completely agree with your statement. Ive seen those court shows with shackled loon's so I'm guessing it's a necessity for some of those

animals who commit gruesome crimes in real life. Besides it's just a prop for a movie and adds to the ambiance of it all.

I have to say I'm loving the fact they put him in shackles because you know the character is going to be a dangerous mastermind and it just looks intense and on Gerard dare I say sexy :kisswink:

I tried not reading that much about the movie in articles that were posted because I want to be completely taken aback with it all

so I cant comment on what Gerard's character really is like but I'm guessing like with what someone already posted here that he was

a good man who got pushed beyond his limit and has got nothing left to lose.

Even though I consider myself peaceful I would murder anyone who ever touched my child I would go completely bat sh*$ crazy :lalala:

Seven and Silence of the Lambs was fantastic but I didn't consider them scary at all...maybe it's just me I'm desensitized to films like this

perhaps watching too many slasher films lol! In the end it's just a movie all make believe

thanks for the photos and for sharing the fact that the director is saying nice things about Gerard :kiss:

Wow! I did not know that they still used neck chains in America. He looks like he see nothing good happening in his future. I am looking forward to what promises to be a gritty role for Gerry.

I just don't get why everyone has to bring in the sexy aspect...Gerry is such a fine, fine actor...can't we just give him credit for his intense roles without him having to be sexy? I realize this won't be a popular opinion here, but Gerry is SO much more than just a sexy, handsome hunk! He is very deep and will go to great lengths to demonstrate his intensity in his acting. JMHO...

:unsure:

Edited by Dragon Slayer

agreed with your statement :):kisswink:

I meant sexy in the sense that I think his character is sexy having this "dark" b ad boy image

and I like the look in the photo. Not just for Gerard but I like that "character" look for men in roles like this :D

Has anyone made note in the second pic of how tightly his hands are clasped? His whole posture says that he is using every ounce of himself to maintain some semblance of control. Even if one didn't know the backstory, the two pictures convey a sense of very pent up rage.

This movie is going to be intense on multiple levels. I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those that has to be seen more than once to be able to absorb everything.

Gerry can't help it if he's sexy and we can't help notice he's sexy, however, other than the remarks I made about the cuffs and shackles, I don't see anything sexy about this picture of him. In fact, if I walked around a corner and came face to face with him, with that look, I'd turn and go another way and quickly! :eek:

D

I just don't get why everyone has to bring in the sexy aspect...Gerry is such a fine, fine actor...can't we just give him credit for his intense roles without him having to be sexy? I realize this won't be a popular opinion here, but Gerry is SO much more than just a sexy, handsome hunk! He is very deep and will go to great lengths to demonstrate his intensity in his acting. JMHO...

:unsure:

If you look back on many of the posts most of us HAVE said that ... but there's no getting away from the desire that Gerry stirs up in us. It's just a picture; I'm sure when it comes to the actual movie we'll see it differently. But I don't think there's one person on this site that is in disagreement with you DS.

Delene, I don't have fun at your expense. :lol: And do I really challenge everything you say? :unsure: Ooh you and I need to get together in person ... maybe a jell-o fight with Gerry as our referee, what do you say? :D

I think this is one of the better discussions we've had about one of Gerry's roles. It'll be interesting to see what we say once the movie is actually out.

L

The second pic, I don't think his hands are cuffed...it appears to be a prison ID bracelet...I know I saw many of them in my 8yr law enforcement career...he appears to be just clasping his hands together as he's standing there listening to what the other inmate is saying. Inmates are not ever chained in general population, its too dangerous for them. If an inmate is too dangerous, he will be confined to a cell and not able to mingle or converse with the others.

Just my observation.

Edited by hotlips70

I believe the 2nd pic is actually Gerry taking direction from the director. If I'm not mistaken, that is Gary F Gray.

Swannie

I believe the 2nd pic is actually Gerry taking direction from the director. If I'm not mistaken, that is Gary F Gray.

Swannie

You are right that is the director of LAC.

Swannie

Swannie, I kept wondering where the "other" picture was everyone was talking about because the only other one I saw was Gerry and the director. I remember this one being shown while they were still filming and that IS the director......isn't it?

D

I know it's GB and FGG. I didn't make it clear in my post that it was, at least to my observation, that GB seems to be "in character". Note the clasped hands, facial expression. This is what I mean when I say it's like he becomes the character. Sorry that I didn't go into more detail.

I know it must take a lot on an actor to reach that level emotional intensity. Can you imagine having to be in that kind of a "zone" with a character who is a psychotic killer during a shoot and then break for lunch? I can understand how Gerry might feel a little drained afterwards!

D

I know it's GB and FGG. I didn't make it clear in my post that it was, at least to my observation, that GB seems to be "in character". Note the clasped hands, facial expression. This is what I mean when I say it's like he becomes the character. Sorry that I didn't go into more detail.

No...my bad...I didn't know that was the director. Sorry. *giggles*

I think Gerry can morph into any character because of the simple fact that he is a brilliant actor! I think if you mix just about every emotion that has been mentioned on this thread that would describe what this picture is saying.... and if anyone can make this character believable that is Gerard Butler! At the same time and although this role is very dark and quite insane....he is still gonna be sexy! Lets face it...when he took the mask off he was still SEXY! He just can't help himself and I'm in no way taking anything away from his incredible acting abilities! This is going to be a powerful powerful movie with a powerful powerful effect on us all! Just wondering if he can make us hate him or feel remorse for him...that's gonna be a test for me and I can't FREAKEN wait!! :lalala:

:cunning: Frannie

By the way, I choose to think we see a quiet rage and sadness both in his face. JMO!

Edited by ladyfran

For some odd reason, when I read that this movie is like 7 meets Silence of the Lambs, I had this vision of watching the movie with Gerry and being like REALLY scared (because I get really scared in really scary movies) and then looking at him for comfort and then seeing the same scary man as in the movie and being totally freaked out! I'm gonna have trouble seeing this one, but I'll do it for Gerry.

Frannie, excuse me? You're what now? Excited? Weren't you the one who was incredibly bummed about him playing the bad guy? :D This is great! I'm so glad you're excited about it finally. :pointy:

Jenn, I'm looking forward to being scared by Gerry! It'll be a new emotion for us all. :lol:

Sexy to me in this picture means dark, introspective, brooding - a man who feels he has lost everything and has to protect himself. I think if we didn't know as much as we do about the character we would see it as a scary ominous picture. But because we are aware of what brought the character to that point we can find the empathy and understanding for him.

Let's face it - if Gerry played Hannibal Lecter we would find him sexy. :lol: It's just something he can't get away from, as much as he would probably like to for certain roles. I'm not sure many of us can watch any Gerry movie and see only the character. I'm not sure I can. I would guess he wouldn't like to know that, but it would be like my son being in a role (which he does in plays). It's hard for me to separate the person vs. the character when I care so much about the person. I do try when I see a Gerry movie for the first time - I try to watch it for the movie and put my feelings aside. I'm hoping LAC will be one of those movies where I can do that and see Clyde and not Gerry.

I hope some of this made sense.

I agree totally Lisa

Yeah Lisa...you got me...but my main reason for that is cause I'm sick of him having to DIE in soooo many of his movies! Now I just want to see him play this role to the hilt!!! I was bummed at first but I came around to the switch quite a while back... Well I still am not sure how I'm gonna handle him dying again unless of course he makes me hate the character and .....naaaahhh ...that'll never happen!! :cunning:

:wave: Frannie

I agree with Lisa, too. As I said, he looks very intense in the photo, but there are other emotions.......certainly sadness is part of it. I think maybe a degree hopelessness.....a brooding anger. He essentially lost his life, I believe.

I think Gerry brings out the humanity in all his characters. I mean.....he somehow made some iconic figures, not known to be "nice", somewhat sympathetic ie: Attila the Hun, Judas, Dracula

I don't believe this character will be black & white, either. I just know I'm so looking forward to seeing this movie. I am confident we will be blown away by his portrayal.

Ren

Go Gerry!!!

Edited by Rendita

Delene, I don't have fun at your expense. And do I really challenge everything you say?

For the record, I never accused you of either of these things. I am being "cheeky".

D

Edited by GBPhanatic

I'll take my hat off to Gerry if he is as good as F Gary Gray makes out because most actors when doing a film like this need to stay in character the whole time with no disturbance from anyone so the fact he was able to joke about the set alot and be very fan friendly all the time makes me admire his talent even more.

Moira