Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

5/5 - Spartan Efficiency

:funnyup: Edited by Izzabeta

He is so awe inspiring.Last night I was trying to go to sleep and I couldn't,so I put on TR2 and as soon as I saw his face,I started thinking about this thread and how he never ceases to amaze us all...I was so into my thoughts about him that I started thinking about all the wonderful and profound musings that we've all shared.Collectively, Gerard has brought out the best and creative in so many of us..So I penned a poem in his honor something I haven't done for so long...So I would like to know what my fellow GALS think...Tanya

I got a laugh out of the story he told about his dad's French-Canadian wife whom he referred to as "I suppose my step-mother." Wonder what happened to her and if they are still in communication.

GB has certainly packed enough living into just 39 years.

I am sometimes amazed at how wrapped up in him I have become. I think of myself as a rational human being. I have a real life, but he somehow makes things a lot more interesting. I''m so glad there are others here and elsewhere who understand. I don't feel quite so crazy!!!!!

Tanya, when the spirit moves you, go for it! Let it flow, baby!

I know Gerry has awakened my dormant spirit and except for the transitions my life will go through now, I feel a revitalization. I listen to music and hear the words, I'm inspired like I used to be a very long time ago. I'm braver, more adventurous and willing to take risks (no bungee jumping). I may even do karaoke! Yes, I used to be in a rock band, standing up in front of an audience or dancers on a dance floor, holding my guitar singing in to a mike and I won't get up now and sing karaoke! In fact, I'm working on my number for the talent contest on the cruise around the Virgin Islands I'm taking this winter. I'm going to take a big risk and do Celine! I haven't picked out the song yet. Maybe the one from the Titanic might go over big! I'm taking Scotty McCool so he'll be doing back up vocals! :funnyup:

D

Edited by GBPhanatic

Technical writing hardly counts outside of its discipline. I used to read a great deal of literary criticism - and nothing kills literature faster. :D

He can put words together and tell stories, that's what counts.

J

Hello Ladies,

Just adding to this conversation regarding Gerry's abilities as a writer. I am posting this link which shows that Gerry was awarded the DLitt (Doctor of Letters) from Glasgow University in 1992. (scroll down the list of 'Arts and Media')

http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/alumni/lifeafterglasgow/

This is the highest of academic achievements and apparently is very rarely awarded (note there are only a few on that list with this achievement). More well known recipients have been Tolkein, Mark Twain, Iris Murdoch, PD James, etc. I believe recipients have to have something published to obtain his degree. There are sometimes honorary degrees awarded by Universities many years after, recognizing and being proud of a former student's accomplishment in a particular field e.g. Sean Bean receiving an Hon. DLitt from Sheffield University just a couple of years ago. This could perhaps be the case with Gerry except that it states clearly on this list that he received this award in 1992 and he had barely begun his acting career at that time.

This link gives some info on the DLitt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Letters

If this is correct I imagine Gerry would quite likely be able to turn his hand to a little screenwriting LOL.

Actually, he received this award while he was IN law school. It says he received the award in 1992

and his diploma in 1993, so this was an "in university" achievement.

How GREAT. I knew he graduated in LAW with honors, and was president of the law society, etc., which

automatically made him genius, but this is an all together different achivement.

How much more is there to know about this magnificient creature that we don't know already? These

wonderful things just keep coming up.

Even more reason for me to continue to love him absolutely. And he's cute too.

Sandy

I'm glad, for Gerry's sake and ours, that he switched careers. :pointy:

Gerry seems to be quite a creative person. For me, when I get wrapped up in my daily work and home routine and go a long time without any kind of creative outlet (writing/drawing), I get downright melancholy. I don't even realize it's happening until I get a chance to do something creative, and I suddenly feel so much better. I wonder if it's the same for Gerry.

I'm glad, for Gerry's sake and ours, that he switched careers. :pointy:

I second that! I've known too many people who went into careers for 'logical' reasons and who are subsequently miserable. At the time he decided to go for acting, I bet his family struggled hard to accept his choice, but had he been able to stick it out with that law firm, my guess is that he would have caused them even more grief in the long run. Miserable people are NOT fun to be around.

He's happy (we hope!) in the life's work he's chosen, and has inspired many of us, including me, to stretch our wings.

He earned that DLitt years before he ever made a movie. Silly of me to say this about somebody I'll never meet, but I'm darn proud of him.

:p LOL, like my opinion matters to him.