Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

5/10 - Aniston to play ex on the run

I would have a hard time running from Gerard. He wouldn't have to chase me I'd go straight to his front door and ring the doorbell.As a matter of fact I would sit there on the steps he'd trip over me.....who cares if he is a hitman or bounty hunter Take me in.....Please!!!!

It's a thriller. Well that makes things interesting!

Swannie

I don't like Aniston much though but hey if he gets to hunt her down and maybe kill her :drool1: ...I just don't want it to be a romantic comedy although I did enjoy him in PSILY...

So am I. I don't think that Jennifer is a good actress, her films are similiar, and sometimes boring,exept" Friends".

Also, I don't want to see Gerry in comedies, after UT it' s enough for him.

I like seeing Gerry in light hearted or comedic roles as well as action, thriller, epic, musical, you name it! After LAC perhaps a lighter role might be a good switch for him as this movie would probably come out after LAC. I'm so anxious for Burns and I'm dying to hear more news about it! It just kind of went away or something!

It is difficult for me to see JA in a serious role, running from her bounty hunter ex unless it is a more light hearted role that ends upbeat. No more killing Gerry, please? Thank you!

D

Oh, and bring on the romance! Any form or fashion!

Oh come on. We know Gerry is going to be magnificient in any role he

choses to portray, and we know he is going to make any co-star look

great too.

I just want to see him in anything he wants to do. Let's face it, he doesn't

have to accept roles he doesn't want any more, and I've never seen him

in anything he wasn't wonderful in, even some of the first "pay his dues"

roles he was fantabulous. So we know we are not going to be disappointed

by any role he chooses.

Love him absolutely.

Sandy

Oh come on. We know Gerry is going to be magnificient in any role he

choses to portray, and we know he is going to make any co-star look

great too.

Sandy

Yes, I agree totally. Besides, from what I have ready, I have gotten the impression that this is going to be a kind of adventure movie. That sounds really exciting to me (as any role Gerard will be doing, LOL).

P.S. Please, do vote for Gerry in Hello Magazine´s monthly poll to get him onto the yearly

poll http://www.hellomagazine.com/vote/mostattr...onth/index.html

Edited by Skatingfan03

Sounds interesting. Wasn't sure if it was to be funny or not. Did sound kinda funny at first. Either way, should be a good one. I can't see Gerry trying to kill Jenny tho. Hey... what ever works then.

Thanks.

Later Gaters

I'm not a big Jennifer Aniston fan, but she was quite believable and eye opening in "Derailed". Completely changed my opinion of her as an actress. For those who've never seen it, check it out; she's quite convincingly evil.

Edited by Jennifer10

The last I heard, Scotland had won its independence from England. :yay:

I agree with Gerry wholeheartedly.

He IS Scotland..at its best. :yummy:

Edited by Andi

Wow, this thread is going all over the place, so I'll make a few disconnected comments.

I don't know why some people out in Web land seem to hate Jennifer Aniston. I rather like her and I think Bounty Hunter should be interesting. I see it's now listed some places as an action/thriller which is good IMO.

The only Clint Eastwood movie I really liked was Play Misty for Me.

I'm glad GB is acting in a variety of movies and not just romcoms like Matthew McConaughey. I used to like him, but he's turned into the king of really awful romantic comedies. I haven't paid to see any of them, but the ones that show up on HBO etc. are terrible IMO, and McConaughey plays the exact same person in each.

I really think (hope) GB's time has come. I've read a lot of blogs by the public about his upcoming movies and the majority are very positive. One even noted that GB is becoming Hollywood gold! A writer in a column accompanying the Gamer trailer said 'everyone loves Gerard Butler right now.' YES. YES. YES.

What is there not to love?

Yes, "Everybody loves GB right now." Well, I've loved him since Attila, so I was waaaay ahead of the crowd, LOL.

I so agree, the only Clint Eastwood film I really loved was 'Play Misty for Me.' I still like it, as well as the song, 'The First Time Ever' I saw your face - which now I connect more to with GB. After seeing GB, it's hard to think of anyone else. GALS is a sickness that I've been unable to cure. Right now, I can't think of a reason to do so.

I'm just counting down the days to TUT and Gamer.

The last I heard, Scotland had won its independence from England. :yay:

No, that's not correct. We're still connected.

a little more info about the storyline...

from: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...copycat_1102979

JENNIFER ANISTON is set to send movie gossips into overdrive after signing up to make a new action thriller similar to the film that ended her marriage to BRAD PITT.

And her co-star is British actor Gerard Butler, who has been romantically linked to the actress.

In Bounty Hunter, Aniston plays a journalist on the run from her hitman ex-husband after he's instructed to kill her.

She says, "She's a witness to a murder, and the bounty hunter - her ex-husband (Butler) - is given her as a hit."

Ironically, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie played rival assassins in Mr & Mrs Smith - the film that brought the couple together and partly resulted in Pitt and Aniston's split.

In that film, Pitt and Jolie try to kill each other before teaming up to defeat the bad guys.

10/05/2009 14:00

Ironically, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie played rival assassins in Mr & Mrs Smith - the film that brought the couple together and partly resulted in Pitt and Aniston's split.

In that film, Pitt and Jolie try to kill each other before teaming up to defeat the bad guys.

I've seen this connection repeatedly made and there is nothing "ironic" about it. If it wasn't for Brangelina, nobody would see any connection between the plot of Mr and MRs Smith and The Bounty because there isn't one. Jen's character is not an assasin, she's not trying to kill her husband because she's bored with suburbia, and the setting of The Bounty does not appear to be high-style intensive.

It must be annoying to have everything you think, do and say linked to your ex-husband and his new hausfrau, especially when it has nothing to do with them.

Jen, like every actress out there, is trying to stretch into more action oriented films since that's where the money is and that's the kind of film Hollywood is making over and over. Might as well link her to Sandra Bullock or Julia Roberts or any actress past 35. Enlarge your repetoire or retire.

Jane

The folks that write some of these opinions are really NOT paying attention to the movies they're referencing, and jumping to conclusions.

At least most of Gerry's fans realize this as you - and some other gals - have astutely pointed out!

I've seen this connection repeatedly made and there is nothing "ironic" about it. If it wasn't for Brangelina, nobody would see any connection between the plot of Mr and MRs Smith and The Bounty because there isn't one. Jen's character is not an assasin, she's not trying to kill her husband because she's bored with suburbia, and the setting of The Bounty does not appear to be high-style intensive.

It must be annoying to have everything you think, do and say linked to your ex-husband and his new hausfrau, especially when it has nothing to do with them.

Jen, like every actress out there, is trying to stretch into more action oriented films since that's where the money is and that's the kind of film Hollywood is making over and over. Might as well link her to Sandra Bullock or Julia Roberts or any actress past 35. Enlarge your repetoire or retire.

Jane

Thank you! Every time I see that item repeated over and over, it’s been inducing severe eye rolling from me. There are no similarities whatsoever but it does provide a handy way to link Jennifer with her ex and his wife and for good measure throw Gerry’s name in, the perfect gossip item that gets picked up on every celebrity site out there and rolled out again every few days.

Boy, I am so glad others are as annoyed by the "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" comparision as I am. Everytime I read it, I want to :bonk: the writer.

Sharon

Okay don't mind me if I "semi" go off a bit :lol: My rant is not at any of you ladies or what you've posted, its about the articles.

ENOUGH WITH THE DAD BLAME GOSSIP!!!!!!!!! :tantrum: okay i'm fine now :lmao:

I've said this before and won't hesitate to say it again, people REALLY need to get they're facts straight before writing articles. As for the once again returned Gossip about Brad,Jen,and Angelina....enough with it already...ai yi yi yi *bangs head on keyboard*

They had a good marriage,didn't work out, it's over, he's moved on, she's moved on end of discussion. And as for linking Gerry to every single woman that walks the earth, they REALLY need to knock that crap off too. Let the man be! He busts his arse off day and night only to wake up and read the latest bullcrap about himself. I admire his strong will and determination to handle that bs, I would have tossed the towel in long ago.

As I said above let the man be to live his own life and live it the way he sees fit. Give the guy a break, he can't even get a Starbucks without being harrassed it seems. Now I know why I got a degree in Veterinary Medicine instead of becoming an actress like I wanted to as a kid.

Edited by Izzabeta

Okay don't mind me if I "semi" go off a bit :lol: My rant is not at any of you ladies or what you've posted, its about the articles.

I've said this before and won't hesitate to say it again, people REALLY need to get they're facts straight before writing articles. As for the once again returned Gossip about Brad,Jen,and Angelina....enough with it already...ai yi yi yi *bangs head on keyboard*

They had a good marriage,didn't work out, it's over, he's moved on, she's moved on end of discussion. And as for linking Gerry to every single woman that walks the earth, they REALLY need to knock that crap off too. Let the man be! He busts his arse off day and night only to wake up and read the latest bullcrap about himself. I admire his strong will and determination to handle that bs, I would have tossed the towel in long ago.

As I said above let the man be to live his own life and live it the way he sees fit. Give the guy a break, he can't even get a Starbucks without being harrassed it seems. Now I know why I got a degree in Veterinary Medicine instead of becoming an actress like I wanted to as a kid.

Amen to that!! I totally agree!!

Any press is good press as the saying goes. The more the media talks up Bounty and JA and GB and AJ and BP the better for TUT and G(amer) and LAC and B and whatever other initials we want to throw in for future movies.

Who believes what the press reports on any subject anyway?

:wave:

Remember this?

"Gossip's worth it's weight in gold!"

I know this is a little off the topic of the thread but we're talking about getting the facts straight, rumor, etc. Anyway, the only thing I get sick of hearing about is Gerry's womanizing, if that's the proper word for it. I saw a TMZ clip last night of Leo DeCaprio coming out of a club or restaurant, trying to duck the camera, sliding in to the back of a limo and then quickly followed by a man leading a bevy of young beauties out and herding them in to the limo with him. WTF!? The only thing they had to say was, "looks like a party at Leo's" or something to that effect. I just wonder why he does stuff like this and it's all made seem so respectable and if Gerry is seen just talking to a female it's the old "Butler couldn't be sublter" routine? I guess you could look at it from the perspective that Leo's shenanigans don't inspire a "song" written about it or that nothing rhymes with DeCaprio!

That's just my rant, so sorry. I started watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith the other night and got distracted away for some reason. I had heard some of it was filmed in KC. From what I could see and what I know of "Bounty" these two movies are nothing alike.

Anyway, Kayla, good for you and your Vet degree! I so admire people in animal husbandry and health.

Love,

Delene

I had a startling revelation earlier this week! I realized that most of what we read on gossip sites and entertainment rags is recycled, hyped and untrue BS.

When it comes to Gerry, I believe the words of his peers and personal acquaintances. The rest is all just somebody's idea of entertainment. Gossip rags seem to love speculating that each new film announced is just the same 'ol same 'ol. I guess they don't get that their articles and snarky opinons are just the same 'ol same 'ol

*Yawns*

Swannie

Ditto ... why can't people just stick to the talent and good things people do? I would think that alone would be good publicity for a movie. That's why I don't read or listen to any gossip sites, magazines or crap like TMZ. Not worth my time.

Gerry is worth more than all that and out of respect for him and his career, I stay away only believe what comes straight from his mouth.

Ditto ... why can't people just stick to the talent and good things people do? I would think that alone would be good publicity for a movie. That's why I don't read or listen to any gossip sites, magazines or crap like TMZ. Not worth my time.

Gerry is worth more than all that and out of respect for him and his career, I stay away only believe what comes straight from his mouth.

I agree with you, Lisa, to some extent and I don't read gossip rags, never did but erroneous things are written about him in other places that aren't considered tabloid so what are you going to do other than not believe anything you hear and only half of what you see?

We live in a country steeped in the First Amendment. It's up to the individual to draw their own conclusions. I don't consider watching TMZ, ET or Access Hollywood disrespectful to anyone. It's all for entertainment value only.

D

The UK press will put everyone under the umbrealla of being British if you are sucessful. The talented successful Irish have been sujected to this robbery for many years. Back to The Bounty, don't care what comparisions are being made to her former spouse or the films he was in. JA is pitiful not only in a movie but on TV and in the print media. I really think she has stepped way beyond her "acting" abilities. I just hope and know that Gerry will save this film.

I don't remember which thread had the original discussion about the release date for Bounty, but I just noticed that on Gerry's main page on IMDB it lists it as 2009. Maybe the Christmas release report wasn't wrong afterall. Oh well, time will tell. Three GB movies in five months? Wow, if it's true. I'm not complaining.