Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 66th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 3 floors to go to reach 69 again!

In a bow to the newly renamed "Gamer" and its tag line, this floor is just being called Who's Playing You? That could mean any number of things - playing a game, playing music, getting played, being a player... Let any meaning you prefer prevail!! Now GAME ON - so get playing, GALS!!

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Highrise #2 Floor 36-The Art of Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #37 - Interior Decorating

Highrise #2 Floor #38 - Attila the Hunk

Highrise #2 Floor #39 - Come in from the Cold

Highrise #2 Floor #40 - Come in from the Cold again

Highrise #2 Floor #41 - Viva Las Vegas

Highrise #2 Floor #42 - My Hero

Highrise #2 Floor #43 - Tropical Breezes

Highrise #2 Floor #44 - Spring in his step

Highrise #2 Floor #45 - Deserted Island Fantasy

Highrise #2 Floor #46 - Weather GALS

Highrise #2 Floor #47 - The Beautiful Truth

Highrise #2 Floor #48 - The Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #49 - Still the Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #50 - Dance, Dance, Dance

Highrise #2 Floor #51 - Keep On Dancin'

Highrise #2 Floor #52 - Follow Your Purpose

Highrise #2 Floor #53 - GALS turns 3!!

Highrise #2 Floor #54 - GALS turns 3 -The Sequel

Highrise #2 Floor #55 - Summer Lovin'

Highrise #2 Floor #56 - Music of the Night

Highrise #2 Floor #57 - In a NY State of Mind

Highrise #2 Floor #58 - Globetrotter Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #59 - Happy Halloween

Highrise #2 Floor #60 - Happy Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #61 - Christmas Wishes and Auld Lang Syne

Highrise #2 Floor #62 -Golden Guy Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #63 - Love is in the Air

Highrise #2 Floor #64 - Watching the Watched Man

Highrise #2 Floor #64 - Where's Thy Kilt, My Dear?

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

WOW Rare I'm the first ... that's never happened before.

BlueJean, yeah I was thinking of an upgraded account. Glad it's all sorted out.

Hi all, Good to see everyone is still here.

Hi Nancy, Risa says Hi BTW.

Susan: cool siggy.

Sunday night and another busy week coming up. Hope you all have a good one.

Cat

I have a housefull of company for the weekend,. However, I have to say hi'ya to all my GALfriends and wish you all a wunnerful Sunday!

Huggles,

Suzie

Just popping in to say :wave: to all my fanmily on this Sunday morn! Had a late one last night and feeling rather rough today so gonna fill me up with some coffee and juice ...yeah you know it...Gerry juice! :p

Have a great Sunday my friends... :kiss:

{{{HUGS}}}Frannie

Morning!

Thinking of you all this bright beautiful May morning....

Jill

Happy Sunday, Gals everywhere! It's a wonderful warm, sunny day in Colorado - and Gerry is leading in the Hello mag contest by 283 votes - and that makes it most perfect sunny day in Colorado.

Hope everyone is well and safe and having a most perfect Sunday with family and loved ones!

BlueJean

I was reading over the Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome guidelines and symptoms...thankyou for the laugh. My name is Andrea and I have GALS but only a little bit I'm afraid to admit,because I honestly have no interest in seeing Dracula 2000, I am sure he is brilliant in it but just not my favorite genre . But I have been known to rummage through the $5 bin at Walmart...just in case ;)

Get on over to the Hello Magazine Monthly Poll thread and vote for Gerry!! You can vote every 15 minutes. He is only 16 votes ahead of a guy I don't even know so he needs your vote!!

~HUGS~ Kathy :wave:

HAHAHAHA Oh Andrea! I am the least active horror watcher in the world, BUT --- when Gerry goes out hunting --- I promise you, I REALLY enjoyed his entrance into a store in Dracula --- and the back story --- fascinating twist that.

Watch it every single Halloween now -- and more besides. Even had a girls weekend over and that was what we watched AFTER Rocky HOrror -- and I now have a few new Gerry converts. Do think about giving Drac a try -- even if you start out with watching it on broadcast TV first.

And by the way, YEAH for joining and being here. It is a wonderful place to be with more friends than you can possibly imagine. Welcome welcome welcome!

:drac:

(and after you've gone to watch Drac--- go watch something like, oh, say, Attila.....that'll keep ya going!!!!)

Happy week everyone.

Jill

Hi Andrea, and welcome aboard for the ride. I do love the genre of horror/scifi etc so I would encourage you to give Drac a try, he's such a honey in it *sigh*.

Sounds like you all had a great Sunday with family. Also wish Colorado was home at the moment. Here in Australia, on the southern highlands, it max of 15C and min of -1 C so we are getting chilly and my arthritis is having it's say again *bother*.

Kathy, noice siggy - great message and so true.

Hugs to all

Cat

Good morning - another beaUUUtiful day in Merry Old Colorado. Terry's Witch - you are in Australia? Sounds a tad cool. Are you Australian or are you on a sojourn? Sounds interesting either way. I know of what you speak - re: our friend arthrits. Dumb stuff. Hurts like a son of a gun!

Still voting every 10 minutes for Gerry - don't know why they changed it to every 10 but they did! He is behind - but we can catch up.

BlueJean

Good Morning ladies. I'm here at work listening to my Lady Gaga sipping my tea bopping along. Oh yeah.

Had a nice weekend. Went to the Harry Potter exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry/Chicago and it was super cool. OMG so freaking cool if you're a Harry Potter fan. Lots of props and costumes from the movies. Loved it.

Hope all you girlies are doing well. Big hugs to all. Must go bop some more before my song ends. I shall return.

Cassie

HAHAHAHA Oh Andrea! I am the least active horror watcher in the world, BUT --- when Gerry goes out hunting --- I promise you, I REALLY enjoyed his entrance into a store in Dracula --- and the back story --- fascinating twist that.

Watch it every single Halloween now -- and more besides. Even had a girls weekend over and that was what we watched AFTER Rocky HOrror -- and I now have a few new Gerry converts. Do think about giving Drac a try -- even if you start out with watching it on broadcast TV first.

And by the way, YEAH for joining and being here. It is a wonderful place to be with more friends than you can possibly imagine. Welcome welcome welcome!

:drac:

(and after you've gone to watch Drac--- go watch something like, oh, say, Attila.....that'll keep ya going!!!!)

Happy week everyone.

Jill

Still not sure about the Dracula thing...but I have seen Atilla already,loved it, have seen B&G,300,PSILY,Shattered,POTO, Mrs.Brown,Reign of Fire,Timeline,Nims Island,so I'm doing pretty good. :)

:wave: everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. I spent Saturday and Sunday working 12hr shifts, so I didn't get much of a weekend, but now I have 4 days off! :D

Hello galfriends,

I haven't been here in a while and want to say hi to ya'll. Hope it's a great Monday for everyone.

Elissa, wow, you sure earned the 4 days off! Enjoy!

Andrea, I was with you there on Dracula 2000 at first but curiosity killed the cat and before long I watched it on TV and saw that it was done so campy and not at all scary for me and I don't do horror like SAW, yuck and all that gore. Drac 2000Has an interesting twist at the end. So when it was on sale at Walmart on Halloween last year I bought my own copy. I just watch it for Gerry of course now. Soooo sexy in this movie. :drool1::drac:

Cassie, adorable bopping siggy! LOL.

Hugs to all

Diane

Hey Miss Shamrocked! How's ye olde thumbelina?? Love the siggy you have posted here. Back to el thumbelina - can you still vote? Love the Attila siggies you made earlier. Just wanted to say hi!

Hi all Gals everywhere! Gerry's ahead!!!!

BlueJean

Andrea, I have to agree with Blue Jean, Dracula wasn't real gorey at all.I hate gorey movies like Saw and the likes of that kind. I have the Dracula movie and have watched it several times.Gerry is sexy as he--.!!

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don't as well......

:hugs: Peggy

The concept of ya'll saying he's as sexy as H*** is a draw but I'm just not too into vampire stuff is all. Gore really doesn't bother me,I am a war movie fan.

Hey Miss BlueJean! The thumb is much better, thanks (I mashed it in car door on Thursday for those who didn't hear and my doc just punched a hole in it on Sat. to drain the blood) I may lose the nail though--time will tell but at least the pain is gone. Thanks for the compliments on my siggies. You know I love making them!

So Miss BlueJean, I will head on over to vote and vote, never fear.

:wave: Peggy, BlueJean will agree with Andrea--she doesn't like vampire movies either. I am the one who said it wasn't too gory and I don't do SAW. :funnyface:

Diane

Hey Miss BlueJean! The thumb is much better, thanks (I mashed it in car door on Thursday for those who didn't hear and my doc just punched a hole in it on Sat. to drain the blood) I may lose the nail though--time will tell but at least the pain is gone. Thanks for the compliments on my siggies. You know I love making them!

So Miss BlueJean, I will head on over to vote and vote, never fear.

:wave: Peggy, BlueJean will agree with Andrea--she doesn't like vampire movies either. I am the one who said it wasn't too gory and I don't do SAW. :funnyface:

Diane

What can i tell ya it was late, I was tired and I'm old :lol: I get confused.

:hugs: Peggy

chachababy - I love it when someone else does something they wish they hadn't - makes me feel a little better. Not younger, but a little better.

Not much news being posted here at GALS - and I know we're all still addicted. Guess we're just resting up - or maybe we're all just really busy voting. That's a good thing. Gerry's lead is dwindling rapidly so he does need all our votes.

Carry on, GALS - carry on!

BlueJean

Peggy and BJ, we aren't old, we are "well seasoned"...just enough spice, a little pepper and lots of salt! (My "salt" is covered by Lady Clairol, but it's still there!)

I had an opportunity to speak with Sue this afternoon. She is hanging strong but still needs our support and prayers. Hopefully, in a few days things will begin to resolve. We must think positive and have faith that the truth and reason will win out!

Hugs to everyone who needs them, and very strong hugs to those who may not KNOW they need them!

Suzie

Hey Miss Shamrocked! How's ye olde thumbelina?? Love the siggy you have posted here. Back to el thumbelina - can you still vote? Love the Attila siggies you made earlier. Just wanted to say hi!

Hi all Gals everywhere! Gerry's ahead!!!!

BlueJean

Hello, bonnie! howzit? This is one hot fansite!

Good wonderful sunny Wednesday morning to Gals everywhere! It is a beautiful day and Gerry is leading at Hello by over 1,000 (but we still need to vote) and life is good.

I think I'm even gonna' have another cup of coffee - can't remembe why I shouldn't........therefore, I will. There are some advantages to senility.

Have a most Gerry-addicted day!

BlueJean

Goodmorning everyone! :)

I haven't voted again for the poll ,was busy with taking the kids to the zoo yesterday for my big boys 3rd birthday. He may be leading but I'm going to go vote anyway.Especially since I don't think the guy trailing him is remotely good looking. IMO.

Ok,going to go drink my coffee and write my name on 2 dozen Avon books. Thank God I ordered mailing labels for the next batch.