Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Oh Elissa, I wish you all the luck in the world my friend...(when I first read you had contacted an adoption agency I thought "OMG....talk about the empty nest syndrome....Elissa, are you sure you want to adopt now? lol)

Awww Paige...it's only just begun for you now....

Edited by irish

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Elissa, I wish you all the luck in the world my friend...(when I first read you had contacted an adoption agency I thought "OMG....talk about the empty nest syndrome....Elissa, are you sure you want to adopt now? lol

:funnyup: Thanks, Sue. No adoption for me now. When I feel like changing a baby's diaper or sitting up all night with a crying baby I'll go work a night-shift at the hospital. :D But my nest is no longer empty. Erin is living at home again. :)

I knew that Elissa (about Erin coming home I mean...lol) and I thought you had more sense....lol but, honestly....there are still times when I think how much I would love to have a sweet baby around...and than I take care of B2 for a few days...reality sets in and and I'm screaming UNCLE!!! lol...I have so much admiration for the grandma's and grandpa's out there that ARE raising babies (like in raising their children's children...I don't know how they do it....)....and for those women who have their own children in their 50's....what are you thinking? lol

But I do think what you are undertaking is very exciting and scary...and I will say a prayer that it turns out to have a storybook ending like you see in the movies. Actually I had a dear friend who worked with me and he never knew his father and after he got a divorce and was kind of in a bad place his new girlfriend took it upon herself to track down his biological father (I don't have any idea how she did this)...but Jim was furious...FURIOUS (they broke up over it) that she would do that (it was really balsy at that...lol)....he said he didn't need his father...that he had a really close relationship with his step father and yet it turned out to be wonderful....he found he had another whole family that came to love and support him....so that is what I wish for you.

hugs,

Sue

:thankyou: , Sue! I know we might not even like each other and I might not even find them. Not so sure my birth father ever told his new child(ren) that he'd been married before. I only have my mother's side of the story of their marriage and divorce and my subsequent adoption by her second husband. It's a one step at a time kinda thing I guess. :) Edited by Lady Elissa

SUE...I was thinking like you too, about Elissa...I thought "OH my goodness! Elissa wants a baby??!! :funnyup: Ha!!

Seriously, ELISSA, I hope the search goes good for you!!

CAT! So happy for you!! When do you think your new home will be completed? (and when can I come? Hee hee!)

And ANNA: yes, I got the pictures... :wuv::hearts::ohbaby::thankyou::tens::thud:

Just got to tell you all that I always get asked if I've ever driven celebrities on my limo jobs...well I did kind of have one on Saturday...it was just too funny to me, I picked up Clinton Kelly from "What Not To Wear" for a fashion show at South Coast Plaza Macy's.

I'd rather pick-up GERRY!! :cunning:

Edited by Attila Girl

:wave: Pulling up a chair for our coffee chat.

Gosh I thought the same at first......Elissa and Bill 'feeling broody', hope this all goes well for you sweetie, I think when the circumstances are such as yours it will. :wuv:

Tracy you take care sweet thing, thinking of you.

Nancy :kiss: Galfriend he is so gorgeous at the moment, should be doing the RSC as Hamlet....so much pathos he leaves me weeping.....and this is only on TV!

Cat, my sweet Galfriend, many years of happiness and good fortune to come for you, great news, and for you too Paige.

Sue let me know how Dan'l is doing, saying my prayers twice daily for him still, Lord Bless my friend Dan'l, hoping we will meet soon. (Dan'l that is, not me and my maker.....not yet anyway). :wuv:

Have to get my Butler off in the mail today or he'll miss his connection to Vegas, sorry he's late Suzie but he has been 'messing around here', go see later in the 'What a doll thread', Lulu is saying her goodbyes to him again! Don't give up yet Suzie, it's getting better, even without Dougie. And Nancy little post for you too, still trying for the vanity set for you.

Did I ever tell you about Butler and TJ? When TJ still called me Mama (now I'm Grandma) he would chatter about his Mama and her Butler, or he said it.....BUT-TELL-ER......one of his nursery teachers confessed one day she actually thought I had a Butler!........so sweet.....but we are living near people who actually do have them! I stood and chattered with Lady Elizabeth Lansdowne (senior) in the pharmacy yesterday, as usual we talked about horses and dogs! Grand country life here in Wiltshire........now where is that coffee, I'll just ring for some fresh.

May the Good Lord rain his Blessing down on you all Galfriends,

hugs,

'The Lady of the House speaking',

Anna X

Edited by Anna

Paige : CONGRATULATIONS and huge hugs. Now comes the next exciting installment of your life. Can't wait to see it unfold.

Sue: Sounds like you had a terrible time. Yes, we are lucky and I thank the universe every day believe me.

Nancy: You can come visit anytime - but the house should be complete this time next year and we will have a full visitors suite bathroom and all.

And anyone from here who is thinking of coming all the way to Oz - you are always welcome, even now - although why you would come to Canberra in the middle of winter would be a bit beyond me LOL it's 8 degrees Celsius Max today with a -4 windchill factor *brrrrrrrr*.

Anna: thanks I will be looking forward to spending much more time here with you all then too :-)

Hugs to all

Cat

:funnyup: Hey Cat sounds like normal weather to me! Although it is 16 here today, that's 61f Galfriends, just warm enough for no coat and short sleeves!

hugs,

Anna x

Mornin' GALS :wave:

Poppin' in to say Hi and comment on our man's hair!! OMG!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! The man is 'sexy' personified, and I have always loved his hair longer and curly like that, but fashion rules and he has to do what he has to do. But I don't care how he wears it (except that mini mohawk junk!!!!!!) The man is too refined and elegantly masculin for that childish style.) Kathy-Forbes Girl, knows how un-utterably busy I am, that she sends updates and awesome pics of the G-Man to me so I can work on the afghans and ornaments, pretty soon, and 'Gerry' as well. Kathy pointed out that someone noticed that you can see Gerry's awesommmmmmmmme

abs, :thud: opps, 'scuze me, got a wee bit 'finger'tied there for a wee bit. There is not one iota of male-ness about this incredible man that I don't absolutely love and adore, but his tummy area is so beautifuly gorgeous to me, that I get all fluttery in my tummy and am so hard put to keep my hands from reaching out to touch his gorgeous chest!!!!!!!!! I AM A NUT!!!!!!!! CERTIFIED!!!!! I also have another friend that knows I am as busy as a herd of squirrels getting ready for a reeeaaalllly bad winter, that also sends me pics and updates of Gerry. Kathy is always first with those updates and pics, but the idea that someone cares enough for me to do that is so awesomely wonderful, that my heart and mind reel from the love. I am cheating right now, but I stopped to get a re-fresh on the coffe and thought I'd just for the heck of it check if there was anything on the computer worth my time and I find my Kathy and my GALS. Definitely worth my time. And new pics and updates about our Gerry ARE ALWAYS WORTH MY TIME!!!! I also need to keep up with the good news :throw: and sometimes the bad news :tissues:

But I have to address more "HI"'s and get me arse back to work or no one will have any afghans by the time winter comes.

Know this my GALS, I need you ALL to keep me sane where Gerry is concerned. Please keep in touch.

Love and Hugs,

:archie: 's Ocean Gal Forever,

Jo

Awesome Anna,

You DESERVE a "Butler"!!! With all that you have gone through, you deserve all the good things that you can get in this life. I love your story. Children ar the blessings the Lord bestows on us to save our souls and make life worth living. If I didn't have my children and grand children and great grand child, and all my awesome friends, I would rahter be dead, because it would be just like that anyway. I NEED my people in my life and as you so succinctly put it!!!, "May the Good Lord rain His blessings down on all you Gal-friends"!! Very beautifully stated.

Love Ya GAL. You have a beautiful heart!

Your Jo

My Beautiful Earth Angel, Sue,

I have been remiss in posts to you, but please forgive me and know that you and Dan'l are ALWAYS in my prayers daily. As are all the GALS are in constant prayer mode for each other and Dan'l. With all these prayer warriors, it's no wonder I survived a heart attack with minimal (to me) damage. And to be praised by my teacher for coming back to finish school, that is so astounding to me, I am still rocked by it!!!

But the Lord must have some special plan for me to be sparing me so often and I am not one to ask "why me God?" I just ask that he let me know, sorta, what it is. WAIT--------I KNOW!!!------Maybe I'm going to meet Gerry and he is going to fall in love with a short, chubby ol' woman, me, and we will be married and all the crap talk will be over about his love life because they will be laughing so hard about it, they will finally shut the heck up!! LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you notice the lonnnng guffaw and extensive amout of laughing I had to do!!! I'll be lucky to even get to see the glorious man from afar, let alone meet him or get a growly hug from him. Those things happen to "other" people.

But, I just wanted to let you know I am never further than the phone or the computer if you ever need ANYTHING I can do or give.

I love my new "EA" Sis very much. Tell Dan'l I have a special place in my heart for him and the rest of your family as well. But I will be careful of saying I love you, because I am such a stunningly gorgeous woman that Sue will get jealous and come out here to Elgin and pound the heck out of me :funnyup::hehe: ! Oh boy I am just a real NUT today!!!

Love and Giant Hugs my Sweet "EA"!!!

Jo

:funnyup: Jo ....You light up my day Dear galfriend!

Anna...you do too! I so enjoy reading your posts and always have! I know I haven't been around much lately but I do try and catch up...I love the story about TJ and "The But-tell-er" ....sounds like you do hobnob with the peeps that do have a "But-tell-er. You sure you don't have a Butler in your closet??? :p

Cat, my heartiest congrats to you.... you lucky woman! I soooo wish I could sell and go back home. But I guess it's not in the cards for me right now. It's absolutely pairfect that you can stay til your new home is complete! :yay:

Paige....Congratulations to the graduate! May your future be as bright and happy as you are Sweetie!

Elissa....I am sending as much positivity as I can muster up for you my friend that everything goes well as you take on this journey to find your biological Father! I wish you all the best... :kiss:

Nancy....I agree...I would much rather pick up Gerry!! ....Yeah...hey...I WOULD much rather pick up Gerry! :cunning:

Sue, so sorry to hear about your ailment Sweetie...I hate it when I have a wonkey belly meself galfriend! Makes me become too familiar with certain corners in the loo I forgot to scrub if ya know what I mean!! ;)

Tracy....Much Love back to ya Hunny!

Big Squisshy {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to all my galfriends ....you know who you are !! It's called GALS!

:wave: Frannie

:wave: Hey Gals!

How is everyone? It's been CRAZY for me. My baby Sophia turned 1 can you believe it? Jonah is in Cancun with his grandparents and I have been getting ready for school and dealing with jury duty. If it was Gerry duty I would not have a problem with it! Thinking of you all!

Love Jenniper Jobella Jen!

Hi sweet Jo - still hoping for pictures of GERRY ASAP! Oh, just fyi - the Butler to whom Anna is referring is her 12" Marek Mandoll who is first cousin to Elissa's and my Mandoll, AJ and Gerry M. Here are photos of them while Butler was here last summer:

Posted Image

AJ, Gerry M. and Butler at the Alamo

Posted Image

Butler beating his cousins at pool!

Anna, we are all waiting for our friend!

Sue, I hope you are feeling better. I've been having sympathy pangs all night --- you were not contagious over the phone, were you??? LOL!!

Hugs,

Suzie

Frannie!!!

Thought you'd get a laugh, GIANT LAUGH out of that!!!! I am cheating right now. Finishing off the coffe and just peaked in to see what's going on in 'puter land. Soooooooo I am hurrying to say "HI" and enjoying the laughs too. I have to pulllll, no, ripppppp myself away from here becasue all I can do is stare at that gorgeous man to the left of my screen. Dear Lord help me!!! Just to think of seeing this awesome man walking down the street with that thin little shirt with those awesome abs showig up so seductivly makes my heart flip flop with total love. OMG, he is too beautiful to be real!!!!!

And to add to my everlasting sadness, I see that it is 15 days 'til I DON"T get to meet the GALS that mean more to me than I can ever say!!! :tissues: And to compound the felony, I can't have the surgery on my back or my blown out knee this year because of the Plavix I am on and can't stop taking for a year!! Doctors said "NO", or I might as well have another heart attack and get it over with. I would totally hemorage to death or my heart stents would clog up and I would kick the proverbial bucket!!! And I 'got' things to do before I pass on to the realm of non existence here on this plane of earthdom. At least finish 'Gerry' before I go!!

Got to go Frannie. I want to to change my siggy soon. Just love it so, it's hard to decide what to replace it with. GAH!!!!! I am a dork!!!!

Love Ya much Fantastic Frannie,

Jo

:wave: Sweet Suzie,

I am not sure how to post pics on here and the re-vised pics of 'Gerry' are not here yet. I can't get hold of Tyler to tell him to bring the new pics of 'Gerry' in wax, that we improved his legs on. The camera of my grand daughter's is at her Mom's and they keep forgetting to bring it back home. I am going to have to save and get myself a camera of my own. Heck, I'll call my son, he has a new camera and I'll get him to take the pics and then I'll learn how to put them here. 'Gerry' will be ready for the bronze pour in October or November even though I have to make four pieces for the pour to make sure at least two turn out. One for the convention next June and one for Gerry himself. So, save, save, save it's for charity. My donation to GALS. I was hoping to have his ready for his 40th birthday, but it won't be ready until after his birthday is over. Our Awesome Susan~ is going to try and get it to him sometime when she is at a premier sometime in the future. God in heaven, Susan~ is so wonderful to offer that to me.

So, I am going to go and call my son and get him to bring his camera over and set up 'Gerry' for pics. He looks so good now that we extended his legs. But do please remember, he is going to have a kilt on and a sword in in his right hand and a dagger at his side with a studded belt over his shoulder and around his waist. A true Highlander!!!

Hugs Sweet Suzie, :wuv:

Your Friend, Jo

Posted Image (well, it's still morning here for a wee bit yet...lol)

Thank you my sweet sistars...I do feel a little bit better today (I think)...lol. At least I was able to sleep most of the night and not be woken up with terrible cramping in my stomach, which was a blessing!!! And so far this morning I've been ok so I'm sure everyone's prayers are working. Now I'm waiting on pins and needles for my son to call sometime today to let me know if his trip is still on and if I get to drive down there and pick up B2 tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to the drive but I am so looking forward to spending a few days with my grandson.

Cat, I don't know if I will ever make my way down under...but if I do...your invitation sounds wonderful!!!

Andre and Gerry will have to be content to sit this con out with me this year...but they told me this is the last year they plan on missing the convention and I had best start planning for next year...lol...we shall see.

Jo, you know I could never beat the heck out of you luv~ lol :wuv:

Oh Jenn, I had that last year....have fun on Ger erm Jury duty!!

Frannie, Posted Image

hugs to all my sistars ...Posted Image

love,

Sue

Morning lovelies..I'm soo glad that graduation is finally over. The ceremony went well and right now I am just fully awake yet. I went to a school sponsored graduation party and am running on about a couple of hours of sleep. So I will see you all later and talk to you about my night.

Paige :wave:

AGAIN PAIGE!!! CONGRAT'S BABE!!!!

'Tis proud I am of yee!!! And I am sure you will do verra weel in your future pursuits.

Pretend that this is from Gerry!! But I am sure he would be proud of you as much as we are. Bless you and take care and get some sleep darlin' GAL!!!

Hugs,

Jo

:thankyou: for all the well-wishes and messages of support regarding my registration with the national registry to find my birth father and his family. It was indeed a long shot after all the years that have passed. I heard back from them today and there are no matches in their data base. I would have been really surprised if they had found anything, but at least I tried. If anyone from his family ever tries to find me, at least I'm in the national data base.

Glad you're feeling better today, Sue.

Hugs to all!

I hope you're okay that you didn't find your birth father at this stage of the game, Elissa. Perhaps down the road, a family member will register as well. I've often wondered if either one of my sisters have tried to find their own birth families. Both of them were adopted by our parents before I was born. They never talked about finding them so I never asked. I figured it was up to them to talk about it. But knowing there is a national registery, it just makes me wonder. :confused:

:hugs: and :wave: to all. I know I don't post all that often in here but I do read and send up prayers for all who need them.

Exciting news for our household this week. Our youngest son, 17, became an Eagle Scout on Monday. We were all thrilled for him since he's worked so hard over the years to become one. He really made us proud as he received the news this week. :yahoo: He's done a great job settling in at his new school this year. It's been a blessing all the way around.

Much love to you all,

Jilly :rose:

Jilly...what an accomplishment! Congratulations to your son!!!

:hearts: Elissa....hopefully someone is out there looking for you as well...you never know...

Well, I may be missing for a wee bit. I'm driving down to pick up my B2 tomorrow and he will be with me until Monday....I'm so excited...

love and hugs,

Sue

Thanks Jill and Sue! To tell you the truth, I'm kind of relieved there were no matches. I'm not sure I would have had the courage to contact anyone anyway. :unsure:

Awh ELISSA, I cannot even imagine what that would be like...to find someone like that and then getting up the nerve to make that first call.

I have a friend who has a story similar to yours. I guess his birth father took off after having him and his younger brother when he was under the age of 5 and they never saw him again and when his mom remarried, that gentleman adopted him and his brother and he's always been their Dad.

To you and SUZIE, I just get a kick out of seeing all the antics your Mandolls get into!!