Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Hey BlueJean! :wave:

We kind of got our Spring flowers early...we have lots of flowering pear trees and my mom's favorite, which I will probably mis-spell; Crape Myrtles(??) They are mostly lilac to dark pink shades and so pretty. We have them planted in the grassy center dividers of the roads here where I live. We also have quite alot of Magnolia trees. And along the hillsides of our toll roads we have the indeginous (?) California Golden Poppies and what I think is called Lupine (?). They are very purple-blue and quite a colorful contrast to the almost orange colored poppies.

Everything smells good thru the canyon where I live. We even have monster-sized wild thistles!! They are usually finished blooming by July.

And last night at 11:30 PM (!!) we had a HUGE hummingbird fly into the house...I was taking out some things to the recycler and he just BUZZED right in thru the front door!! Shouldn't he have been in bed at that time of night??

I had warned my roommate about him, (or her), last week. I would step out the door and hear this very loud BUZZING which quite frankly scared the living daylights out of me!! And it happened a couple times before I saw what it was. At first I thought it might be these huge shiny-blue Japanese beetles, but was so relieved when I saw it was a hummingbird...even tho it is the BIGGEST hummingbird I have ever seen!! I don't know what he is doing hanging out by the front door and I cannot see any place to have a nest, but it turns out that he was there a couple years ago too, and had scared a friend of my roommate's.

When he flew into the house, I immediately shut all the doors to the other rooms and stood on the first section of the stairs to upstairs so he wouldn't fly up there...it was bed time and I was so wanting to go to bed...Mary didn't know what to do, and I suggested getting a broom to try to encourage him back over to the front door...we also opened the sliding patio door to give him another option and he was looking pretty tired...he kept hitting his beak on the ceiling. Finally he flew out to the patio looking very dis-oriented. Whew!!

Now I'm really going to be paranoid to go out the door since he seems to hang out there. I do not want him in the house again...especially if I'm home alone.

Poor birdie.

Well, hope everyone has a great weekend, and a wonderful Memorial weekend in the US!!

I will be out driving tonight, not a Prom, just a fancy dinner with a very large group.

Love, and hugs,

Nancy

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wave: Nancy,

I used to work for a Security co. and the new Ameritec building was my site. It's now AT&T. It is so huge inside and whenever someone would leave a door open for delivery, the place was always full of birds. We had real trees in the atrium and they would live in the tress until the guys came in with BB guns to shoot them down. I told my boss I would not let them in for that to tell them to come on another night I wasn't there. I hurt so much to see them carrying the dead birds out. But they were a pain in the proverbial arse for the employees. But I still hated to see it. So I know how you felt.

Just wanted to comment.

Hugs, :wuv:

Jo

Hey BlueJean! :wave:

We kind of got our Spring flowers early...we have lots of flowering pear trees and my mom's favorite, which I will probably mis-spell; Crape Myrtles(??) They are mostly lilac to dark pink shades and so pretty. We have them planted in the grassy center dividers of the roads here where I live. We also have quite alot of Magnolia trees. And along the hillsides of our toll roads we have the indeginous (?) California Golden Poppies and what I think is called Lupine (?). They are very purple-blue and quite a colorful contrast to the almost orange colored poppies.

Everything smells good thru the canyon where I live. We even have monster-sized wild thistles!! They are usually finished blooming by July.

And last night at 11:30 PM (!!) we had a HUGE hummingbird fly into the house...I was taking out some things to the recycler and he just BUZZED right in thru the front door!! Shouldn't he have been in bed at that time of night??

I had warned my roommate about him, (or her), last week. I would step out the door and hear this very loud BUZZING which quite frankly scared the living daylights out of me!! And it happened a couple times before I saw what it was. At first I thought it might be these huge shiny-blue Japanese beetles, but was so relieved when I saw it was a hummingbird...even tho it is the BIGGEST hummingbird I have ever seen!! I don't know what he is doing hanging out by the front door and I cannot see any place to have a nest, but it turns out that he was there a couple years ago too, and had scared a friend of my roommate's.

When he flew into the house, I immediately shut all the doors to the other rooms and stood on the first section of the stairs to upstairs so he wouldn't fly up there...it was bed time and I was so wanting to go to bed...Mary didn't know what to do, and I suggested getting a broom to try to encourage him back over to the front door...we also opened the sliding patio door to give him another option and he was looking pretty tired...he kept hitting his beak on the ceiling. Finally he flew out to the patio looking very dis-oriented. Whew!!

Now I'm really going to be paranoid to go out the door since he seems to hang out there. I do not want him in the house again...especially if I'm home alone.

Poor birdie.

Well, hope everyone has a great weekend, and a wonderful Memorial weekend in the US!!

I will be out driving tonight, not a Prom, just a fancy dinner with a very large group.

Love, and hugs,

Nancy

My Mom has a host of hummingbirds. Last year I was here visiting and she was at work and one of the feeders was empty. I was standing at the front door looking outside(glass door) and one of the hummingbirds came and hovered right in front of my face turning his head sideways at me like "give-me-fooooooood"...kind of weirded me out" I called her "Umm Mom,I think your birds are hungry". :lol:

Hey yesterday was my second Gals anniversary(sp)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jobella!!! I am so proud to be a member here. I have made the most awesome friends I have ever had in my life from GALS.

Hugs,

Jo

Good morning, Gals!

Attila Girl and Andrea - love to hear about the flowers and humming birds. Crepe myrtles are beautiful. CA is a beautiful state. Spring and spring flowers represent new life to me - and most likely to everyone - and I just enjoy it so much.

Speaking of new life - my great-grandson, Leeland Russell, is due here in a few weeks - and he's gonna' be a big 'un! My granddaughter looks like she swallowed a watermelon horizontally! I do remember when I was a child (I wasn't born this way) and my mother's friend was pg - and my mom told me she was that "fat" because she had swallowed a watermelon seed. Scared me to death! My mom and dad had always told me not to swallow the seeds or........and I remember thinking "oh, she shoulda' minded her parents"!

I can probably vote again now - and MOs climbing quickly - so I'll see you Gals in a while - be the good Lord willing.

BlueJean

Good morning, GALS! Happy Day before Memorial Day. I was an Air Force Brat and I was an Air Force Bride too. I lost both my beloved husband and my father to service connected illness and both are buried at Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery. Remember our Troops and all those who gave their lives for this country this weekend. Please fly an American flag to show your support.

Posted Image Suzie, True to the Red, White and Blue Posted Image

Suzie, I join you and everyone in honoring our veterans and America's armed forces on this Memorial Day weekend. My late father was on the battleship IOWA in WWII.

Posted Image

Hugs,

Diane

Awh Suzie...I wish I was there to give you a great big hug!! :hug:

I am totally Patriotic too!!

I love to watch all of the special tv programs, and news stories, and movies about our hero's, and cry thru most of them. My Grandpa still living, almost 86 years old, (mom's dad), was in the Army and in France during WWII and then two of his sons were in the AirForce. And one of my dad's older brothers was in the Army in the 60's-70's.

My grandparents just celebrated their 67th wedding anniversary on May 15th!!

To all our Armed Service Members; :ty:

GOD Bless the USA!!

Nancy :kiss:

:wave: Greetings Everyone!

I'm adding all my Red, White and Blue too in honor of all our Veterans and those who are serving in the Armed Services today.

My husband served in the Army during the Vietnam War and my son is an Air Force Vet (80's)....very proud of them both along with all the many others who given their service to this country. We too are flying our flag proudly this weekend!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Hugs :wuv:

JUDE

That crazy Hummingbird buzzed me again last night when I was getting home after 11pm!! :tantrum:

I have to hurry in the house and slam the front door.

My roommate had left the porch light on for me and it's usually not on. I had turned it on the night before since I was home alone...so maybe he thinks it's daytime???

I would not want to beebee-gun him, although we had some VERY ANNOYING pigeons making all kinds of noise right outside my bedroom window most of last year...and I was thinking beebee-guns!!

I just think that everytime I've seen hummingbirds in the past, they were so tiny and really flashy-bright colors like purple and green...this one is just so BIG and dark...and it's funny....he doesn't make that loud buzzing sound when he is just "hovering" in the air...it's actually when he "flies". It just scares the crap out of me!! :duck:

Hello, Ladies. How is everyone? I am not going to even lie and tell you I went through and read this whole thread, because I frankly do not feel like it. That however does not mean I do not care and that I do not pray for the members of Gals and Gerrylicious everyday. There are a couple of people I ask God to heal two people everyday by name if it be in his will. The rest I add the names if I remember if I have read a specific request. Truthfully I know God knows all and that gives me comfort. I will ask him to bless the people on the Gals and Gerrylicious boards that need healing spiritual, physical, mental , financial or emotional. I also have a couple Days of Our Lives Soap Boards where I ask for healing for the people in their prayer threads. I myself am not well at all. I am trying to better about eating healthy, but I love food or I am addicted to certain foods, but I am trying. I am taking my baby aspirin everyday and my cholesterol medicine hoping for no more mini strokes. The doctor put me back on insulin. I hate taking it, but it gets the sugar down the fastest.

Anyways I didn't mean to come in here and start a pity party for me.

I just wanted to stop in and say hi.

Love,

Tracy :rose:

:hug::attila::phantom2::beo::jackie2::archie::chuck::reddeath:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

Wishing all of you a blessed, happy and peaceful Memorial Day. There is still the minute of silence throughout the USA at 3:00 pm est today - if you can join in.

It's kinda' cool and rainy here today - kinda' a glum-bug day - and ---- and this is a big and ----MO is gaining on Gerry - we need to keep voting in the Hello Mag contest - it doesn't end until 5/31.

BlueJean

Hey all. It's been a while since I have set my feet in this place. Just wanted to share with you somethings I did on Saturday night. I wanted to share some pics with you all and where I went to was my school's prom. First thing I did though was get a manicure and pedicure done by a good friend of mine and then I went to get my hair done so now I sort've look like Joan Jett or Pat Benatar. Either way I still rock haha.

My friend Shanelle and I.

Posted Image

My friend Amber and I

Posted Image

My friend Taylor and I

Posted Image

But anways I hope that you all have a good day! And hello to new members and hello again to friends!

Paige :wave:

Ahhh Paige, you look beautiful...and yeah, you DO rock girl!!!

Congratulations on your two year anniversary Jennipher!!!

Today will be spent cleaning house for me...and remembering all of the wonderful men and women .... not only in our country ... but across the globe that have fought and given so much for the rest of us.

Posted Image

My Bryan, B2 and Toni left yesterday and it seems so quiet...but it was so much fun having them here. Bryan did all the bbq'ing, Toni did all the preps and they both did all the cleaning up....all Dan'l and I had to do was play with B2 and have fun.... :wuv:

Posted Image (just out of the bath and wanting gramma to watch him put his puzzle pieces back)

Wishing all my sistars a safe and wonderful Memorial Day.

love,

Sue

Right back at you, Sue! So glad you had a wonderful weekend with your family!!!

Nancy, I am so sorry you are having to contend with Humzilla. I could recommend something my Gene did once. He was being deviled by doves in the neighborhood who constantly bothered him with their noise while he was writing. He had a slingshot but didn't dare shoot rocks at birds because I would have rained verbal blows on his head! So he tried shooting AT them with gumballs. This was fairly effective till my neighbor's dog started farting bubbles! So he had to switch to grapes or seedless olives. This got expensive and I was afraid he would actually HIT something, so I made him use capers. The doves loved them and the flock soon doubled in size.....Hummmm, maybe it would be easier to just live with Humzilla......at least you aren't being strafed by doves looking for capers!

Happy Memorial Day to all in the US. Posted Image

Suzie

PS: I am a member of The World Wildlife Fund. No animals or birds were ever injured by a member of my family!

Edited by Texas gramma

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY GALS!!!!!!

I said it on the voting thread but then I got to go with my family to breakfast, and I love you ALL!, but I love to go out with my babies and it's even more wonderful that they are proud enough of me to ask so often. I don't always go, but today we have a guest!! My Grand daughter Dana's friend Pam is here with her baby Sarah and Sarah is one today!!!!! Pics will be coming. Pam calls me Grama Jo like my own Grand daughter does. I hope Sarah will call me Grama Jo when she gets to talking more. She is, of course, a beautifuly expressive baby girl. I absolutely love and adore her.

I am going to work on my son's blanket and finish a scarf for my daughter Ginger for Christmas and if the sun ever shines, I am going to finish 'Gerry' outside. He will be easier to work on in the hot sun as he is in wax for the bronze pour which I missed because of my heart attack!! I will have more pics of 'Gerry' as I go along. After all I have to make the booklet of what has been done so far. I think he looks awesome. And I am fussy!!!!

Well, going in to watch "True Blood: with my daughter Suzy and crotchet!!!!

Hugs and Lots of Love to All my GALS!!!!

Jo

:wave: Jo and Mousie :seeyou: Jo sweetie, who wouldn't be proud to go out with you!!!! I can't wait to see some pictures!

Frannie, I'm sorry your back is still hurting....Posted Image

That's funny Suzie....Dan'l used to go crazy with pigeons nesting in the rain gutters on our roof when we had a three story house....he tried everything (short of shooting them) to get rid of them and what finally worked was those linen bags you put nylons and dainties in to wash...he filled them with cat hair and put a few of them on the roof and the pigeons found a new home...much to Dan'l's delight! lol Their must be a nest of babies somewhere close I think Nancy or else she just wants to be your friend...lol

Well, break time is over...back to cleaning!!

hugs,

Sue

Paige, thanks for the beautiful photo's. You look lovely.

Suzie - what a hoot with the doves - I had a good chuckle at that.

Tracey, hang in there lovely, I'm sure we are all there for you.

Ahhh B2 is sooo cute. I'm finally going to get to see my gorgeous grandson in two weeks time for his 3rd birthday. He lives in southern Queensland (about 1,300 kms away) and we are flying up for the weekend. Can't wait.

Hugs to all

Cat

AAAWWW Sue...Thanks my Dear galfriend! I'll survive I'm sure... I love the pic of your precious baby and most of all to see that you had such a wonderful time with your family! I can read your happiness in your post Sweetie and you and Dan'l truly deserve this my friend!

Suz....very funny bird story...Don't know if it was meant to be but I couldn't help but laugh! Specially about the dog farting bubbles!! Funny visual.. :p

Nancy, you sure this is a Hummingbird you're ducking? Sounds more like a Love bird! :unsure:

I want to wish all my galfriends a Safe and Happy Memorial Day and of course a HUGE thanks to those that have fought and are still fighting to keep this great country safe! To all the brave and valiant men and women that have givin their precious lives in the line of duty and to those that are still in recovery from injuries received in the course of battle! They have all givin the ultimate sacrifice and I celebrate this day with love and gratitude in my heart! Thank you and God Bless you all!

{{{HUGS}}}

Frannie

Evening all!

Hope you all had a wonderful and safe weekend.

SUE! So glad that you had all the gang around -- and all you had to do was play. That's the way it should be. (Sounds as if Toni may be the real deal....)

With Ladyfran, I'd like to remember all who are serving or have served in our armed services. I'd like to also expand it to include all those serving with the fire and police services too. THere can never be enough time to remember to thank them all for their service and care of us all.

JENNIFER! 2 years. Congrats. And starting school soon, too....busy time with 3 at home.

and Paige, you looked just beautiful. I always thought Joan Jett was HOT -- so, you go there and you do that. I hope you had an amazing time.

Lots of love to all. Saw Angels and Demons yesterday and the previews started out with a VERY healthy dose of Gerry. The little ladies in front of us immediately started chatting -- and we heard one of them say --- oh, HIM. I hope he uses his real accent, cause I just LOVE THAT BURR.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Love ya ladies, Jill

:funnyup: Jill.....so did you enlist them or what???? Well, at least I know one time we will all be together this summer....TUT movie!!!

hugs,

Sue

p.s. thanks sweetie...it was wonderful to have them here

Right back at you, Sue! So glad you had a wonderful weekend with your family!!!

Nancy, I am so sorry you are having to contend with Humzilla. I could recommend something my Gene did once. He was being deviled by doves in the neighborhood who constantly bothered him with their noise while he was writing. He had a slingshot but didn't dare shoot rocks at birds because I would have rained verbal blows on his head! So he tried shooting AT them with gumballs. This was fairly effective till my neighbor's dog started farting bubbles! So he had to switch to grapes or seedless olives. This got expensive and I was afraid he would actually HIT something, so I made him use capers. The doves loved them and the flock soon doubled in size.....Hummmm, maybe it would be easier to just live with Humzilla......at least you aren't being strafed by doves looking for capers!

Happy Memorial Day to all in the US.

Suzie

PS: I am a member of The World Wildlife Fund. No animals or birds were ever injured by a member of my family!

:spit:

That's hilarious, Suzie!

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day wherever you are!

Mousie :wuv:

Edited by mousie

Jill, I practically breathe Joan Jett and the Blackhearts LOL and to add a little of Pat Benatar. Haha and thanks for the compliments everyone.

Sue, I love seeing pics of the little guy. It's cute seeing him play with the puzzles LOL. Hope you are doing well hun.

Anyways time for bed here.

Paige :wave: