Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Sue, I'm so happy to see you with B2. See, prayers do work.

Glad to hear Dan'l is doing well now.

Hope everyone had a great Memorial day. I always think of my Dad and brother. Both

served in the army. Dad as a mechanic during WWII and Vann during the Viet Nam

"conflict." I still think this country should call a war a war.

The pics of the prom are gorgeous.

Do hummingbirds attack? There must be a nest of eggs somewhere. Usually hummingbirds

"fly away very fast." It must be a female protecting her eggs or little ones. Don't worry,

they will be gone soon. To get them away from you, hang a feeder away from the house.

That's usually all it takes with hummers.

YES, WE WILL ALL BE TOGETHER, EVEN THOUGH AT DIFFERENT THEATERS, FOR TUT.

Most assuredly.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning, Gals.

Been lotsa' posting in this thread! It's fun trying to read all the posts and see all the connections.

I don't know if hummingbirds attack - but I have a hanging geranium vine on my front porch and there's a nest in it - two eggs! But the mother is very calm - she skitters ......well, okay....she flies.....away when i start to trim the plant or water - but she lets me do my thing and then she returns. I really wish this wouldn't happen - I can't disturb the next - but mama bird makes a mess on the porch railing! Plus a couple of years ago my neighbor let a nest go in her hanging basket and all the little birdies died - it's disheartening.

Gotta' go vote - those MO fans nearly did us in yesterday!

BlueJean

:wave: Did everyone have a great Memorial Day weekend? Sure hope you all enjoyed and celebrated and took time to honor what Memorial Day stands for. God Bless and keep safe our men and women in the military whereever they are!

My hubby had to work so I spent a quiet Memorial Day with my daughter helping her paint some. She is doing a lot of trim work on her new home. We didn't cook out as we planned as a storm came up and rained from middle of day on.

Suzie: :funnyup: Thanks for the giggles today.

Sue, Thanks for sharing the pics of that sweet little one. What a treasure and a pleasure for you with your family there with you all weekend. I know what you mean it gets quiet later. The same here whenever my son, wife and granddaughter come in for the weekend. So active and so much going on. Then after they leave...so quiet with just hubby and me. My mom always said it's feast or famine with family. LOL, so true.

Hi Cat, hope you will have a great time seeing your family and grandson's 3rd birthday.

Hugs to everyone! Have a good day!

Diane

Edited by Shamrocked

GOOD MORNING GALS!!! :wuv:

Just started my day with the site and vote for our G-Man!!! What a way to start the day!!! :drool1: The only thing that would be better than seeing that incredible man's face on my side table and walls and computer would be next to me on my own pillow!!! :cheeky: OMG, did I say that? :naughty: If I keep that up, I'll need a :coldshower: !! This man does incredibly entrancing things to my mind!!! Never mind my body!! :yummy:

Back to "E"s.

HUgs ALL!!,

:archie: 's Ocean Gal Jo

Sorry I missed being here yesterday to officially wish all the best to the men and women who are serving or have served our country. They are in my thoughts and prayers We took my dad (a WWII veteran) out for lunch yesterday. He wanted to go to Dana Point so we took him there and had a very nice time. I even found a new seahorse for my collection. I told the lady at the store that Dana Point is a dangerous place for me because I always find a new seahorse (or a few) when I go there.

Then David and I went to see Star Trek which I am SO bummed I missed on IMAX. The movie was fantastic (and the theater was completely full). When it got out I was looking around hoping to see a TUT poster (didn't find one) but right there in the lobby was a big poster for GAMER!! I got so excited I pointed and said to my husband "look it's Gerry!" He probably thought I lost my mind because of course it wasn't Gerry himself, just his poster. It looked so great!!!

Gotta run, just trying to get caught up.

:wave: everyone! I hope you all had a good Memorial Day weekend. I worked Friday, Sunday and Monday, but managed to work in lunch and another showing of the Star Trek movie with my daughter on Saturday. :) Now I'm off until Friday! :D

Susan, I saw Star Trek in a regular theater then saw it again in IMAX. Frankly, we all liked the regular theater better. It was so overwhelming in IMAX that you missed a lot of the little things that were happening. Also, for those who plan to see it for the first time or see it again: JJ Abrams hid an "Easter Egg" in the movie. Somewhere in the movie, R2D2 from Star Wars made a cameo appearance. We couldn't even spot it in IMAX. If you spot R2, PLEASE let me know what scene he was in!!

Suzie

oohhhkkayy..so this is where everybody meet and have coffee before they start the day. Now i'm NOT so lost lol. It's been a month since I joined gbgals and still getting confused where and how to go to such. I told myself, this site is so big I get lost!! :tantrum: But all the while i'm loving it.

I had to work on Memorial Day so it kinda suck, the only thing that made my day was eating junk food and checking out gals to see what you guys are upto. So far I have voted 5 times and will go there again before I go to bed. It's 9:01 pm here in Hawaii. We had a sunny day. Still drinking my ginger tea on my GBU (gals) mug that I order.

June 6 is my daughter's last day of school. She'll be with her dad half the summer, then I'll have her from 4th of July til August. I'm gonna miss that girl Posted Image. Well, goodnight to all of you! I'll be here tomorrow having coffee or tea with you all, so you can remember me more.

MoniqueD

Now that we're on the topic of movies, I saw the NATM: Battle of the Smithsonian with my Mom the other night and we both thought it was good but not as great as the first movie. But I thought it was interesting up until seeing the Jonas brothers (Yes they're in this movie playing the Cherubs that sing) then that ruined it for me. They messed up one of my favorite Celine Dion songs and don't tell your daughter, niece, or granddaughter but I think their show epically fails (if you know they watch their Disney Channel tv show.) But other then that the movie was great. Dexter and Able, the two monkeys, were adorable with their facial reactions and the effects were just awesome. I have to go head off to school and hope you all have a great day!!

Paige :wave:

Good morning, Gals.

I'm here early 'cause I wake up and run down to vote and check the tally!

I am going to spend a few hours with my granddaughter and great-granddaughter today. I love it. The cycle of life is a marvelous thing. How great is our God.

I do believe we are ready for summer here in Loveland. Everything is so green - because we've had so much very welcome rain - and the lilacs, all the spring flowers and shrubs are blooming and it's so beautiful. Love Spring - the cycle of life.

Have a most wonderful Wednesday, Gals.

Cheers!

BlueJean

Posted ImageMonique to GALS and most especially to the support center....we'll keep you company while your daughter is away...I know it's going to be very hard on you but think of it as a time to play in Gerry land...ok?

How are you feeling Frannie...is your back any better yet sweetie?

I think Dan'l and I are going to try and go see Star Trek in the theater....he will love it. We're just waiting a few more days.

hummm...more pictures of Gerry to the left I see...ok, off to have a closer inspection.

Have a wonderful hump day!

love,

Sue

helllooo!! Good morning! I've been up an hour ago, but had to attend to my daughter, but I'm here now. Glad I could talk to you all before I really start my day. I was going to do my laundry, but somebody got in first (I live in an apartment by the way) so we only have a laundromat. But's it's ok, I have the whole day to do it.

I checked the poll and I'm diligently voting, c'mon guys, I noticed owen's number is going up slowly, but NOT for long. I already voted twice! I'll be keeping track of the numbers as I have two more days off.

Irish--thanks for the "welcome"

Frannie--i hope you're feeling better.

MoniqueD

Good Thursday mornin me Lovelies! Just thought I would stop by and check on everyone...Monique, good to see you here Hon. It will take time but before you know it you'll have this site down pat!!

Sue, the back is much better Sweetie and thanks for asking...I've decided when you get my age every day is a challenge anyway! ;)

Usually I get up around the same time Rachel Ray comes on .....she's kind of like my alarm clock...anyway, this morning instead I didn't bother because she has been showing too may repeats. Well to try and make a long story short which is usually hard for me...I came out of my bedroom and Bobby left the TV on in the living room ...I glanced up at it and there on the screen was a clip from RNR and I stopped in my tracks cause I thought FINALLY she has Gerry on as her guest! Well of course knew that couldn't be cause the Gals would have known about it , instead it was TN! I was so mad cause I missed about fifteen min. of the show and have no idea what was talked about before showing that clip :tantrum: Anyway, they were having a nice cinversation about other things but than Rachael started showing pictures of Tandy with her costars..first one was Tom Cruise with just a few claps, second one was with Will Smith and they were talking about him such a nice down to earth guy, and then she was looking at the third one and Rachael say's in that way they say "Hello" I knew who was in that picture instantly...She say's and "Gerard Butler" something about his handsomeness and hotness and held that one up for the Ladies in the audience!! I've been watching her show for so long and hoping one day to see our guy as a guest...she has had Harry Connick Jr, Jeffry Dean Morgan, Hillary Swanke, so many of the actors that were in PSILY but no Gerry...She always has someone special on her show...all big stars I might add...So where is Gerry? I thought maybe she didn't really know of Gerry yet but by her reaction today....OOOOOH yes she does!! Anyway, I was excited just for the mention of him and I love that she got a little giddy looking at the picture of him with Tandy! Just wanted to share this with you guys...Isn't it crazy that we get so excited when we get a quick peek or a quick mention of our guy? I know ....I need to get a life!! :p

Going to take a quick peek around and then get busy...See you all later!

{{{{HUGS}}}} to all, Frannie

Good morning, kiddies, Happy Thursday.

Frannie, so happy to hear your back is better. As you say, at our age, every day is a challenge....but it beats the dickins out of the alternative! I use Rachel Ray as my alarm clock too, but didn't turn on the TV today. Gerry played a chef in one of his movies, I agree he should be on her show! Maybe he could show her how to make French custard. That should get Rachel's blood pumping, especially if he shows her like he showed Sarah!!

We've had a lot of rain here in Southern Texas and everything is so green it nearly hurts your eyes! (After months of drought, the green is a pleasant change.) However, as I told you before, my neighborhood has a whole community of year-around geese. The beautiful spring has awakened their libido (as if they needed any help!) and they don't care where they are when their passions overtake them! Yesterday, the school bus full of kindergartners came to a dead stop in front of my house because the geese were going at it in the street. I could almost hear the bus driver trying to explain to a busload of five year olds why he couldn't move that bus! There are signs posted everywhere that the ducks have the right of way on the streets, so traffic has to stop for them! That's a heck of a way to teach children about sex! :embarassed:

Must get the day started. Hugs all around - unless you are a goose, then you don't need attention from me!

Suzie

I haven't been in here for a while ... but I had to come in and see Frannie's description of Rachel Ray talking about Gerry. I may just have to set my DVR just to hear her "HELLO" at Gerry. :D

Doing a fly-by to say HI and that I think I'd like to start posting in here again ...

:hugs:

Lisa

Good Mornin' GALS!!!

I have been reading some of the posts about Memorial Day!! I haven't told this to very many GALS, but I think it needs to be said and I am going to cry, so just bear with me. I am sure other GALS have had a similar experience or know someone that has.

I am so proud of the comments that have been made regarding the lack of caring for our troops from the younger people. They have no idea of what our troops are going through. War is hell, no matter what!! My experience was very upsetting and my son was truly hurt by the unenthusiastic regard for what Memorial Day stands for. My son served in the Navy as a Damage Control/ Fireman Officer. Before he even went to the Gulf he volunteered to help remove victums from the crushed cars on the Nimitz Bridge from the eathguake in California back in the early 90's. He received a Humanitarian Medal for his efforts and he did think it was that big a deal. He just felt that they needed help and I had taught him to always give a helping hand when he saw it was needed. Just like Gerry said when he saved that little boy from drowning. It's something that had to be done.

Then he was shipped out to the Gulf on a ship called the Iwoa Jima. An older ship from the second WW. So many things were so old and so wrong with the ship, as Damage Control/Fireman officer, Rob was responsible along with a few other men, to keep the ship afloat!!! Then the worst happened. The boiler exploded and ten men were literally melted to death. Two of those men my son had just sent down to train on machines in the boiler room. He went back to get the books and papers needed to train them as they were suppoesed to look over the machines they were going to be trained on. When the boiler exploded, my son had just stepped away from the hatch and barley missed being a victim But the guys he was supposed to train were literally melted to death and my son held one of the guys in his arms 'til he passed away. My son has suffered this Post War depression for all these years since that day. He feels, even now, that he killed those two guys. And even though he has had therapy and countless sessions with a military therapist, he still harbors feelings of guilt that it should have been him instead of or as well as them.

It took 6 hours of absolute horror 'til we finally learned that my son was not a victim of the explosion. But he still was a victim. He has finally begun to work out his issues and become more social as his new girl friend has been a huge help in this respect. She is Chinese and an LPN working toward her RN. She absolutely loves my son and he absolutely loves her and helps with her 14 year old son who is having "teenage issues" and the father is such a jerk and offers no support of any kind. My son helps with finances and is being the strong father figure this boy desperately needs.

We went to lunch together yesterday and he spoke about the lack of caring for our troops. He feels that the young people have no concept of what the guys and gals are going through to keep this country free!!! If they don't fight there, then we will have to fiight here on our own land. Young people, some, are totally oblivious of how hard it is to keep this country from having a war on our on land. Not all of course, but so many, it literally hurts to know it!!

My son, Rob, is the only surviving son out of three and when he went into the service, I prayed so hard not to lose him and our Lord heard my prayers. That is why I am such a great believer in the power of prayer.

Thank You all for hearing my story. And yes, I cried a lot for the rememberance of this incident. I look at my son and thank God

all the time for giving me back my baby boy!!! And I celebrate Memorial Day in honor of my son and all the troops, past and present that fought and are still fighting to keep this country I love so much, FREE!!!!!

Love and Hugs,

Jo

Jo - thank you so much for sharing this with us. I celebrate with you and praise the Lord with you that you still have your son - your baby boy. I sure related to that phrase - my baby boy. They will always be that to their mothers. I'm so sorry your son had to experience that hideous event - horrible. I'm so sorry.

Our troops deserve all the honor and respect and admiration and support we could possibly muster up - and it's terrible that our young people have not been taught the patriotism we were. So many today always just blame America first - and with that comes - lack of respect, honor and support for the troops that risk their lives - and, indeed, give up part of their lives so that we can remain free.

Lord bless you and yours.

BlueJean

BJ :wave: ,

Thank You so much! My son is getting better and he says Thank You as well. It made him happy to know that my friends were feeling for Memorial Day and our troops as he was.

Yeppers, he will always be my Baby Boy!!! Even though he is 39 this year. But I love him so much, triple times more.

Hugs Sweet BJ!!,

Jo

Jo, thanks for sharing with us. That is a very touching and tragic thing your son had to experience. I pray he will find peace. Please know that his service for this country is very much appreciated by me and my family, he is a true HERO! My late father and my 2 brothers served in the Navy with the oldest brother a retired Chief Petty Officer of 20 years Navy and Naval Reserves.

On Memorial Day, I was with my youngest daughter (she's 25) and though I think she was not that interested in hearing my stories about my late father's service in the Navy in WWII, she did listen. I had her change the channel on the TV to some of the Memorial Day services around the country on TV. I feel it is important that my children be aware of the cost of freedom. It comes so easy for them as they have not had to fight for freedom, though 9-11 did open their eyes.

Hugs to you,

Diane

Jo Sweetie, I want to thank you for sharing your story with us. When I hear stories like yours it just boggles my mind as to how memorial day is celebrated without much concern for what it's really all about! I really hope your son can find some peace of mind and maybe someday realize that what happened that fateful day was in no way his fault. I pray for him and for his healing and I thank him with all my heart for putting his life on the line for me and all Americans!

Someday with the Lords blessing he will know that he is a hero!

{{{HUGS}}} Frannie

GALS!!!!!!!

My name is Amber, and I STILL have GALS. In case anyone was wondering!

I just watched Phantom... :tissues: I'd forgotten how much I absolutely ADORE that film, and this AMAZING man! He is just so talented and beautiful and wonderful and amazing, and I almost forgot!!! But I didn't forget, not all the way. And I still love him, even though I'm not on here as much as I should be. I was one of the first 100 members, and I haven't been here in... too long.

I've ben home from college for about a month now. Still looking for a job. Grrr... :wall:

Can't wait for The Ugly Truth! (even though I have no money and therefore probably can't see it...) Oh well, I'm excited anyway!

I love you all!

Amber.

Edited by MadameAngel

Frannie, I thought I was the only one that gets all excited because

someone else has realized how wonderful our Gerry is. I thought

at tfirst I had lost my mind being so proud of him and excited about

his every success. That is love, my dear. Just as we all get excited

when someone is amazed by our family members, children, parents

when we are young, etc., it's the same thing. We knew how great

he really is long before most people and we were so proud of his

every accomplishment, and we wanted the whole world to discover

this wonderful creature, and now that they are taking notice, we

are getting to say, "see, we told you so. It's about time you saw how

magnificient he is." Yeah, Frannie, I think we all feel that way.

I'm glad you are feeling better. Back pain is so terrible. Makes you

stop in your tracks and can't move sometimes. I hope you improve

daily.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Jo Sweetie, I want to thank you for sharing your story with us. When I hear stories like yours it just boggles my mind as to how memorial day is celebrated without much concern for what it's really all about! I really hope your son can find some peace of mind and maybe someday realize that what happened that fateful day was in no way his fault. I pray for him and for his healing and I thank him with all my heart for putting his life on the line for me and all Americans!

Someday with the Lords blessing he will know that he is a hero!

{{{HUGS}}} Frannie

Thank You Frannie, So much for the beautiful and loving words. I am going to see my son this weekend and I want you to know I will tell him that you Thank him and you are praying for him to continue to, finally, get back to a life as free as he can due to the circumstances. He is a wonderful son despite his growing up in a house of a verbally violent alcoholic. He doesn't drink very often nor do drugs. I am very blessed with my family and my friends, of which I count all my GALS. Your words touched me as much as the beautiful words from Blue Jean and Diane! It means so much to me that some of us still remember what Memorial Day is about.

Hugs Sweet Ladies, :wuv:

Jo