Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Evening ladies, one and all! Here we are moving into summer and another season gone. Wow. Where did spring go????

Had an amazing outside coffee moment with Sue (Irish) this evening. What a civilized thing to do -- sit at a table with one of the best buds --- and wear your jaws down just jabbering. It is everything I ever wanted to find at GALS and there it was --- in my own backyard. (ok, I'll stop with my Dorothy of the Wizard of Oz imitation....)

Love to you all. Happy June! Jill

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wave: Pulling up my chair to join the chat, even if you have all gone to bed!

My visit to the Opthalmologist was a shock, both eyes are affected......blame it on the steroid injections or just advancing years..... :tissues: but seriously all in in hand for removal, the referral has been sent off, so no problems, just have to evade all the 'white stick and dog jokes'. :tantrum:

Sue your siggy gave me goose bumps, I have walked that very spot many times on the past visits to New York, nice pic of a cool looking Gerry too! Big hugs for Dan'l. :wuv:

Joanna did you get your 'Gerry' finished yet? Did I miss the end result? :wave:

Suzie how poor Robert must be suffering, my goodness and thank goodness I only eat cold water fish, he already has my prayers for comfort and peace of mind until his body heals. I fished one summer, so boring, couldn't bait for myself either but did catch one fish, screamed for help to 'get it off my hook and put it back'.

Hello there little Mousie, go on and enjoy your trip and don't worry about a thing, love ya sweetie.

Frannie my Galfriend, you were such a miss when you went offline, my problem was an 'on-off' affair withe the 'puter, so annoying.

My real life coffeepot is calling me,

Ciao for now my Galfriends,

:kiss::kiss:

Hugs,

Anna X

:wave: Pulling up my chair to join the chat, even if you have all gone to bed!

My visit to the Opthalmologist was a shock, both eyes are affected......blame it on the steroid injections or just advancing years..... :tissues: but seriously all in in hand for removal, the referral has been sent off, so no problems, just have to evade all the 'white stick and dog jokes'. :tantrum:

Sue your siggy gave me goose bumps, I have walked that very spot many times on the past visits to New York, nice pic of a cool looking Gerry too! Big hugs for Dan'l. :wuv:

Joanna did you get your 'Gerry' finished yet? Did I miss the end result? :wave:

Suzie how poor Robert must be suffering, my goodness and thank goodness I only eat cold water fish, he already has my prayers for comfort and peace of mind until his body heals. I fished one summer, so boring, couldn't bait for myself either but did catch one fish, screamed for help to 'get it off my hook and put it back'.

Hello there little Mousie, go on and enjoy your trip and don't worry about a thing, love ya sweetie.

Frannie my Galfriend, you were such a miss when you went offline, my problem was an 'on-off' affair withe the 'puter, so annoying.

My real life coffeepot is calling me,

Ciao for now my Galfriends,

:kiss::kiss:

Hugs,

Anna X

:wave: Awesome Anna!!!

Nope, no 'Gerry' yet!! 'Cause this ol' lady had a fookin' heart attack!!!!! I missed the pour by mere days!! But I am taking the Independent Study Group this fall and 'Gerry' will be poured in Oct/Nov.

I have him almost ready to be poured. He is in black wax and I have to make two more of the black wax forms to make sure that at least two come out good. One for next years convention auction and one for Gerry himself. Susan~ told me if I can get it to her, she will try and present it to him at some point when she sees him. You know premire or such. Susan~ is super to do that for us.

You have my prayers for your lovely eyes and the rest of your health. I missed reading your posts Anna. Please take care of yourself for us. We need you.

Love and Hugs, :wuv:

Jo

Anna, I think I can speak for Libby and say we are both excited about the rapid approach of our trip to see you!! Can't wait to get our Anna squishes. Even Rick, my brother, is excited about meeting your family! However, my enthusiasm for the flight was somewhat dampened by the crash of the French airliner this morning. That's the same kind of plane we will be on! Gulp!! I'm not the world's most secure flier anyway! My prayers go out to the families of the passengers and crew of the downed airliner.

My brother, Robert, has been very ill of late and will be making a trip from the Austin area to San Antonio with his adorable wife to stay for a few days and get a dose of family to aid in his recovery. He has Ciguatera Fish Poisoning from eating infected warm water fish. The effects are really nasty and can last for years. Since he became ill, the whole family has sworn off anything but fresh water fish or sea food from the northern regions! He has no feeling in his hands and arms, his legs to the knee or across the shoulders. It is difficult for him to keep food down and sometimes difficult for him to stay awake. He is 5'11 and currently weighs about 120lbs. As he says, the illness is not life threatening - it just makes you WISH you were dead! Anyway, he will be staying here for a couple of days of older sister spoiling!! I have three brothers (I am the eldest and only girl) and am thankfully very close to at least two of them - the third lives further away and we seldom get to see him. I am truly blessed to have siblings whom I respect and totally adore!

Anyway, if you have a spare minute, please say a prayer for Robert. I promise you if someone can pick up a rare illness which is difficult to diagnose and has no known cure, it will be Robert! God love him!

Well, must get the house in order for company. Hugs to everyone and I hope your week rocks!

Suzie :wuv:

:wave: Sweet Suzie,

I have put Robert as well as Anna on the prayer list at church and I wll pray very hard for him myself as well. You never fear! Us prayer warriors are always here!!

Love and Hugs Sweet Suzie!! :wuv:

Jo

Just stopping by to say hi, spread lots of joy and cheer, AND brag about my new siggie that Sue (Irish) made for me. I am such a lucky girl to have her right here for me.

Hugs and lots of happy thoughts. (Can you tell it's only 2 more days until the school year is OVAH???) Oh yeah. And the kids think THEY want out!

Jill

HEY...I know that bridge!!!! LOL Jill ... (or Jenn or Gerriann or Roxi) could you imagine going out on a summer morning for a walk across "our" bridge and seeing Gerry walking his bike across? I mean I would... :drool1::pant::yummy: ...and than have a heart attack and die!!!! lol

I'm happy you like it Jill...and I'm even happier that school is out soon (for your sake dear ...you need a rest...maybe not from the kids..but from the principal :tantrum::bonk:

hugs,

Sue

I just watched Celtic Thunder's newest concert entitled Take Me Home.Boy has Damien grown and his voice has changed so much!He has a really deep voice now and has gotten so tall.The DVD and CD aren't due to be released until July 14th. I already preordered mine from amazon.They did a lot of the same songs from their first concert but they did a lot of new ones too.I can't wait to get the DVD and CD.

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don't as well.....

Posted Image Peggy

Peggy:

Where did you see the new dvd?

omg! I cant wait until next month.

I love Damien, Keith, Ryan, Paul and

George.

I saw them in concert when they came

to Portland. What fun!

Debbie

Oh, thank you, Peggy! I just ordered mine from Amazon too. I can't wait to see it! I had tickets to go to the concert here in San Antonio and the show was cancelled. I was so pessed!!! My daughter went to the show in Dallas and she said it was spectacular! Those guys are wonderful. It's hard to pick a favorite (though I am partial to Damien) because every singer has his own particular style and they are all fantastic!

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

Peggy:

Where did you see the new dvd?

omg! I cant wait until next month.

I love Damien, Keith, Ryan, Paul and

George.

I saw them in concert when they came

to Portland. What fun!

Debbie

I ordered them at Amazon.com.

Hugs,

Peggy

Peggy, what did you see it on? Oh Suzie, I didn't know your concert got canceled...that does suck!

Keith's gorgeous looks and beautiful voice :drool1: and Ryan's sexy voice and to die for eyes.... :pant: ... hummm...

Debbie, you do have that siggy saved a wee bit larger I hope..

hugs,

Sue

Suzie, sorry to hear about your brother... Hugs to you and family

As for me... GAH! have to have my gallbladder out *sigh*. Have gall stones and nothing can fix them except whip the darn thing out. Sometime later this year. Apparently nothing serious so all reasonably OK.

As for house... still waiting to hear if we get an offer. Fingers crossed.

As for new house Nancy, yes it will have a pool. WOOT!

Love to all

Cat

Oh man, gallbladder surgery! :tantrum: Both my mother and my grandmother had their gallbladders out. But at least the stones will stop. And the surgery is a lot easier these days so good luck!

I'm just hanging out here in Concord, MA with my sister and her two kids. I'm going to see Walden Pond, the Louisa May Alcott house, and the Revolutionary War bridge, if everything works out. It's beautiful weather here but more humid than I am use to, LOL. :heat:

Everyone have a good hump day! :chuck:

Mousie :wuv:

Peggy, what did you see it on? Oh Suzie, I didn't know your concert got canceled...that does suck!

Keith's gorgeous looks and beautiful voice :drool1: and Ryan's sexy voice and to die for eyes.... :pant: ... hummm...

Debbie, you do have that siggy saved a wee bit larger I hope..

hugs,

Sue

Sue, it was on our PBS channel here on Long Island.You know that channel that shows these concerts etc and asks for donations and offers the DVD or CD for a certain amount of your donation.That's what keeps that channel running as they don't have advertisers to back them.

I called Fran and told her and she couldn't find it on her TV in NC.They were talking about appearing here on Long Island somewhere so maybe it was only local right now and as they travel it'll show elsewhere. :confused:

:hugs: Peggy

Oh I hope so Peggy....can't wait to see them in something new (me thinks Dan'l is getting a wee bit tired of me playing the same concert over and over and over...lol)

Posted Image to all my sistars!!!

Mousie, oh please take pictures and share with us...

Cat, I had to have my gallbladder removed a few years back...I felt soooooo much better afterwards. Gallstones were kicking my arse! Good luck sweetie.

Posted Image,

Sue

:wave:

I am dying to see Celtic Thunder here on our PBS!!!

I saw them a few years back. Last year as a matter of fact and I think I told you GALS about my finding them. I love Paul Byrom's voice so much. He has some absolutely beautiful songs he wrote. I am so anxious to see Damien all 'growning' up. He was such a doll!! But, Paul is my favorite. His voice and his songs just move me so much. But all the guys are so awesome together. This year I am going to be able to donate and I am going to. Not too much, but at least enough to get a CD. They are so beautiful to close your eyes and listen to. But, even better to watch on DVD!!!! I want to get their CD's so much. I am looking forward to getting a new DVD player that holds more than one DVD so I can listen to CD's at night in my room and fall asleep.

I hope today finds my GALS doing okay. I am still praying for all my GALS and Sue, for Dan'l the prayers never stop! I also never forget Chacha, or Sandra, or any of my friends here. I miss EM so much. I hope everything is okay with her. She is so important as are all the Mods here. My heart is growing fonder and fonder of our Susan!!! She is such an awesome lady. She is willing to help me get Gerry's statue to him after it is made. It won't be ready for his birthday, like I wanted him to have it for his 40TH. But it is meant for that. But I will send both to Susan~ and one she will put up for auction next year (so save up GALS) and the other is for our incredible man to know how much we love and need him. Every time he is lonely or depressed by the 'razzie, he can look at his statue and know how much we love and appreciate what he goes through for us. Dear Lord, I love this man tooooooooo much!!! :thud:

Love and Hugs My Beautiful GALS,

:archie: 's Ocean Gal, Jo

I finally landed the stinker with the assistance of two brawney men dragging me back onto the bank! He was delicious!

WHO was delicious? The fish or one of the brawney men?!! :kisswink:

Seriously Susie, I'm sorry to hear this about your brother. Wow. I am glad to hear he will eventually be alright.

SUE,

if we are getting fish at a restaurant we haven't been to before, we always ask where the fish is from, because my mom was always very alert about dangers in certain meats and fish that she was not preparing herself. At our fave place it's actually Icelandic Cod for our fisn n chips, and we accept no less!!

Edited by Attila Girl

As for me... GAH! have to have my gallbladder out *sigh*. Have gall stones and nothing can fix them except whip the darn thing out. Sometime later this year. Apparently nothing serious so all reasonably OK.

CAT, I hope it goes good for you. My mom had emergency gall bladder-removal surgery way back in '84 after four years of suffering and not knowing what it was. She had a big scar, but now they can do it like my sis had in '92 where it's just two or three little one inch incisions...I hope this is what will work for you and that it's easy on you. :hug1:

As for new house Nancy, yes it will have a pool. WOOT!

POOL PARTY AT CAT's!!! :jackie::partytime::archie::jackie2::attila::leo::claphands:

Sorry about the three posts in a row, but that's what happens when I am left here all by myself. Why am I the ONLY one up right now??? :unsure:

:tantrum: Darn it I missed Nancy!

'Another hot day at the coal face' but we are due a change in the weather soon so we had better enjoy it.

As I was going walking in the woods prior to lunch I thought I would try out some anti bug patches I had been given last year, they worked extremely well, the critters were soon fleeing from me as my friends walked with me keeping close. It was a different story when we went to lunch, the smell intensified so much from the patch even after removal, it was a good job we were eating alfresco! Phew!

I later had to dive into a shower before I could stand the smell of myself! Even had to use the last of the Coco Chanel shower gel I had been saving for my anniversary, (still I'm hopeful I will be getting some more for my birthday...I dropped enough hints!).

hugs,

Anna X

I got to go to Walden Pond yesterday! It is so beautiful with all the trees and I actually waded in it-it wasn't too cold as there were people swimming. I can't believe all the trees out here! It reminds me of Oregon (where I lived for four years), in a way.

So I hope everyone is doing well and getting things done.

See y'all in :vegasbaby:

Mousie :wuv:

:wave: Okay, ANNA, when you say you are having a "heatwave" in England...How hot is it exactly???

And that bug-patch story was too funny!! Did the Coco Channell work???

But now I have to ask...What kind of pesky bugs do you have in England? I didn't think England had anything but cute little rabbits in blue coats and hedgehogs doing laundry, and bees and butterflies, and cute little chubby red robins, and etc, etc, etc. (Oh, I miss my childhood!) :kiss::butterfly:

Miss MOUSIE,

did you get to go to Alcott House? And are you familiar with the Wee Forest Folk mouse collection? They are based in MA, and every year they make a special little mouse just for proceeds to go to the Alcott House...One was sitting on a book (Little Women) and holding an apple...so cute!! He was dressed in trousers, a shirt and a little waistecoat. I discovered these little mousies thru a couple of friends way back over 15 years ago and got hooked on them (along with my sisters) just a year before our mom passed. We all have our own little collections, but I have had to sell some of mine over the past three years when I wasn't working. I try not to look for them anymore.

Okay, better say goodnite for now.

Love you all,

Nancy :metoyou:

Edited by Attila Girl