Gerard Butler GALS

5/20 - Leaving India...

becozy

from: http://shobhaade.blogspot.com/2009/05/litt...ight-music.html

excerpt from her blog:

That left Gerard Butler, who arrived later and was jumping on a plane back to LA a few hours on. He'd done the complete Bharat Yatra , from Hrishikesh to Kanya Kumari, with Agra and Varanasi thrown in. After drinking 'pure' Gangajal at Hrishikesh, straight from the river, the poor man was left violently ill. But not ill enough not to come on board a yacht anchored in a choppy, pre-monsoon sea to say au revoir to a destination (and a person?) he has clearly fallen hard for. When I left, Nandita was melodiously singing , " Kabhie na jao chhod kar......" but to me.... not Gerard! Ha ha.

note:

What is Bharat Yatra? It's a discovery tour of India...

Yatra is Sanskrit (and Malayalam) for "journey" or "pilgrimage." Bharat is India's true name—not the one given to it by invaders struggling to pronounce the Sanskrit word for a particular river.Bharat means "to revel in light." The Land Revelling in Light. In India's scriptures, light is synonymous with knowledge, as both light and knowledge reveal things previously unknown. Bharat was a land of wisdom: physics, chemistry, medicine, astrology, mathematics... But Bharat's wisdom does not stop there. It's pinacle was and is Self Knowledge, the knowledge that illumines and reveals one's true nature.

~Barb

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! Gerry just now leaving India! He must really love it there and it seems like he caught a bad case of Giardia! Nothing says "self discovery" like a rip roaring case of diarrhea! Sorry to be so crude! "Never, never drink water straight from a stream or river, Gerry, no matter where it is!" :funnyup:

Really, I'm happy that Gerry had a good time otherwise! Glad he's coming back.

Thanks, Barb, for the link.... I think.

D

"Gangajal" is "holy water" taken straight from the Ganges River. Hmm... can't imagine why he's ill, can you?

Ah, the things we do for love... :lmao:

Thanks for finding this.......IF true, I'm glad he is coming back to the US ........finally!!! I hope the part about drinking the river water is NOT true.......what was he thinking????? Maybe it is part of this "pilgrimage" and it would not be complete without it?

Sure have missed the news and pictures that surround him when he is here.....know HE hasn't missed it however! Hurry home....Mr. Butler......

"Gangajal" is "holy water" taken straight from the Ganges River. Hmm... can't imagine why he's ill, can you?

Ah, the things we do for love... :lmao:

It doesn't matter where it comes from or what it's called, if it isn't purified, it's full of bacteria.

D

I am cringing at the thought of him or anyone getting that sick.

Ask me how I know? Been there, done that!

D

D, I think many of us remember the "special" Christmas you had this year!

Poor Gerry, hope you felt better quickly.

Ren

It doesn't matter where it comes from or what it's called, if it isn't purified, it's full of bacteria.

No SHITE! :rotflmao:

D

D, I think many of us remember the "special" Christmas you had this year!

Poor Gerry, hope you felt better quickly.

Ren

Wasn't it though? And that wasn't from drinking bad water!

My experience with the little parasite was when I was biking between Frisco and Breckinridge one summer and decided to fill my water bottle up in a stream. That was definately "holy water" because I was praying to the "porceline god" for two days! Dumb! :funnyup:

D

D

Oh, I know! lol...I haven't been there done that, I cleaned up the been there done that! My husband(soon to be ex) and I went to Nassau,Bahamas when I was 6 mons preg. back in 2007 and I had a bad feeling about the water in our hotel,so I refused to drink it unless I ran it through the coffee maker and boiled it to make tea or I would only drink bottled water. He on the other hand, kept filling up my empty water bottles with water from the tap at our hotel(which was really nice but I won't name),well by day 2 he was in the bathroom puking his guts up and had the runs and was in horrible,horrible pain. And I was running all over the hotel and Nassau looking for ginger ale,chamomile tea, Pepto...something. So I learned my lesson,don't drink the water!

No SHITE! :rotflmao:

I beg to differ with you Spot....

No SHITE! :lol::crack:

Raz

:kisswink:

Poor Gerry! I hope he feels better now! I also hope he had a wonderful time despite getting sick.

I suppose this means he didn't feel it necessary to go to Cannes this year. I suppose he could have gone for a day or two and went back to India. I get a little confused by the information we get out of India. A lot of it has been untrue and seemed like hype. It's hard to know what is really going on. I'll bet if Gerry showed up on someone's yacht, we'll be seeing photos. Something like that is not going escape media attention, especially where Bollywood is concerned. I'm just glad he's back.

D

I can't imagine the fascination of India to begin with. My neighbor was a few blocks away when they blew up the hotels. As for drinking the water ... well, duh!

I won't even drink PA water.

I just hope Gerry finds whatever it is he is looking for and soon before all this batting back and forth and looking really hurts him.

I'm going to move this thread to Rumors, where I should have posted it in the first place.

I did check out the blogger, as best I could, and she seems legit. However, it is, afterall, just gossip.

:rose:

I hope the part about drinking the river water is NOT true.......what was he thinking????? Maybe it is part of this "pilgrimage" and it would not be complete without it?

Maybe he just was not thinking, LOL? Poor guy, that could be really dangerous. On the other hand it is good to cleanse one´s systems now and then....

Our Poor Gerry, the thought of him 'violently ill' makes me cringe too!

He has been there about a month, he must REALLY love it there.

I'm glad he is coming back though, I've missed him!

I can't imagine the fascination of India to begin with. My neighbor was a few blocks away when they blew up the hotels. As for drinking the water ... well, duh!

I won't even drink PA water.

I just hope Gerry finds whatever it is he is looking for and soon before all this batting back and forth and looking really hurts him.

I have to agree. I always told the Units I was attached to if I was ever hurt DO NOT repeat DO NOT take me to Bombai but to London....no matter how serious it is DO NOT. Have you guys ever seen the movie "Rules of Engagement" with Samuel Jackson and Tommy Lee Jones? Great movie but what you see ie the "hospitals" etc increase that by 2-fold if not more. I have friends in the MedCorps and to hear them describe some of the things like conditions, water sewage etc......India would not and is not my place to vacation visit or anything of the sort place to go to. JMO.

Peace.

LW

Awww, poor baby had the Hersheys for a spell. :lmao: Hey, good to know he's human. All kidding aside, I've had food poisoning and I know how miserable he must have felt.

I, for one, am glad he took a month or so to travel around a beautiful country and find peace. My cousin traveled around India for 6 months last year and he came back more spiritual than when he left, and he's an Orthodox Jew. I'm happy for Gerry (sad that it ended this way).

Anyway, I'm glad he had a great time up until getting sick. I hope he had someone taking care of him. Violently ill is not a phrase I like seeing by his name. :rose:

India is a place I would like to see at least once. My ex-in-laws have done mission work over there and have brought back photographs. But if I ever do get to go there,I will abstain from the water for sure.

As to the person complaining about his searching for "One-ness". One-ness cannot be found in any one religion or church setting,no matter what you were brought up in or what you believe. Everyone needs to at some point in adult-hood,re-evaluate their lives and decide for themselves what they believe to be true and not true and what their own personal convictions are. When you figure that out,you feel "one-ness". I did that in my mid-20's and am better for it,even though I don't believe 100% the same as my family but I am always learning which is kind of the goal of life,to never feel like you know it all. We each have a mind to think for ourselves. If Gerry feels like he's still searching,then let him search....just stay safe :)

Edited by heISmyGspot
to remove religious references

Maybe it's a good thing for Gerry to have traveled extensively through India on this visit and spending more time getting a chance to see more of it. Sometimes, you may not see the down side of any country when you are traveling as a celebrity unless you just take off on your own.

I hope he had a good time and became rejuvenated in spirit in many ways. I believe he made this same pilgrimage last year about this time on a sojourn to the Oneness University there. Of course, he was also linked to another Bollywood celebrity then too. Poor Gerry. It just doesn't stop, no matter where he goes!

D

Reminder to please refrain from religious discussions. Outside of very generic commentary, any posts regarding Gerry's "Oneness" (or Twoness) will be cloaked without notice.

:onetwo: Hey, what'd I do?!

Nothing. You're a different One-Twoness, altogether. We'll talk about you in great detail. Now, get back to the massaging, mopboy!

:onetwo: Ok. Let me get you "grrrrrrreased doon" so we can do the bobsky.

Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about!

*Lewd and lascivious mod prepares to be grrrrrrreased doon*