Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

5/20 - Leaving India...

note:

What is Bharat Yatra? It's a discovery tour of India...

Yatra is Sanskrit (and Malayalam) for "journey" or "pilgrimage." Bharat is India's true name—not the one given to it by invaders struggling to pronounce the Sanskrit word for a particular river.Bharat means "to revel in light." The Land Revelling in Light. In India's scriptures, light is synonymous with knowledge, as both light and knowledge reveal things previously unknown. Bharat was a land of wisdom: physics, chemistry, medicine, astrology, mathematics... But Bharat's wisdom does not stop there. It's pinacle was and is Self Knowledge, the knowledge that illumines and reveals one's true nature.

~Barb

Barb, not sure if those side-notes were in the blog or if you found them yourself and posted them but THANK YOU. That was really cool to read!

Thanks, GDW!

I added the note, since I was wondering what Bharat Yatra meant, and I figured others would wonder, too! :D

Reminder to please refrain from religious discussions

sorry...certain person who's post is now gone,dissing him kind of ticked me off. didn't mean to break any rules honest :)

We're trying to be respectful to the people of India and their customs and beliefs. ;)

Drinking from the Ganges is part of their religious custom.

When a member has a post set to 'invisible'

please allow some time for a Moderator to contact you...

it's been Moderated for a reason.

Reminder to please refrain from religious discussions. Outside of very generic commentary, any posts regarding Gerry's "Oneness" (or Twoness) will be cloaked without notice.

:onetwo: Hey, what'd I do?!

Nothing. You're a different One-Twoness, altogether. We'll talk about you in great detail. Now, get back to the massaging, mopboy!

:onetwo: Ok. Let me get you "grrrrrrreased doon" so we can do the bobsky.

Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about!

*Lewd and lascivious mod prepares to be grrrrrrreased doon*

OOOPS! That's the name of the place, I thought! Sorry! But please, explain to me "greased doon" and the "bobsky! :funnyup:

Delene

Okay, I’ll be the skeptic. Her post is rather vague to say the least. Do we know that this really happened last night or is she just getting around to posting something that may have happened last night or last week or last month? Although she does seem somewhat more grounded then the usual Bollywood press which seems to make up stuff out of whole cloth. (Not that the Western Tabloid press is any more accurate). I’ve also heard some equally nebulous and possibly false rumors that Gerry has been in Scotland of late, so who knows?

That being said Gerry is doing what people who have the means and the time do: Travel. If I had the money that’s what I’d do, I’ve always wanted to see Nepal and Tibet. I’d love to go to Bali. Or New Zealand. And Europe, particularly Italy and France and of course Ireland and Scotland. But here I remain without the means or the money. So have fun Gerry, weather you’re in Danville Indiana or Timbuktu, enjoy yourself!

Shobhaa De is a popular novelist, and writes a column for The Times of India; has written for television and was a model, as well as a saree designer.

Her blog was dated May 20 and the reference to the party was 'last night', so I believe it to be referring to Tuesday May 19.

I would think her blog entry to be genuine, and not a fabrication of events...someone of her notoriety wouldn't have to make up a story.

I don’t think she’s making it up, but as a novelist there may be a bit of poetic license involved, it’s more an impressionistic account, as opposed to factual. That’s my take in any case.

I don’t think she’s making it up, but as a novelist there may be a bit of poetic license involved, it’s more an impressionistic account, as opposed to factual. That’s my take in any case.

You mean, perhaps, a little "embellishing" of the facts, what we call here in the Midwest a "fish tale"?

D

You know, I was thinking about this tonight and I'm kinda pissed at Gerry ... he's friggin' lucky he didn't end up with dysentery! I really hope he wasn't alone and had someone to take care of him.

I'm glad he's home ....

The things people will do to lose weight quickly :funnyup:

I'm sure we will hear all about it if it is indeed true. Hope there are no lasting effects for him.

Moira

:wave:

Oh I don't get on her much now...I'm a dirty lurker... :wave:

If the rumours are true ..well I'm philosophical about it...GB looked tired, he looked very tired and my daughter spent almost a year in India post University and she accepted the aspects of India that were maybe not quite what we expect but she loved the country and she especially loved the people, their friendliness and how thy welcome guests, it grounded her, made her relax..Indian's don't hurry...they are thorough but India is not the place to go if you want to get anything formal done quickly....they are very 'laid back'...GB would I think need that....anyway...a poorly tummy...okay..maybe a mishap on GB's part but he will have recharged his batteries ...I hope and if India helped him achieve that I'm happy..

Now, stop hogging him girls ....let him come to his real home....Scotland...the Uk...

Okay don't hit me....back to lurking :wave:

You know, I was thinking about this tonight and I'm kinda pissed at Gerry ... he's friggin' lucky he didn't end up with dysentery! I really hope he wasn't alone and had someone to take care of him.

I'm glad he's home ....

Your pissed at Gerry due to a rumor on a blog!?!

I think he might be equally pissed at the reaction of his devoted fans taking a blog from a model in India as FACT! Now if being interviewed he talks about drinking this water etc... then sure, be down on him for it, but the truth is always somewhere in the middle and I found this womans blog about as accurate as Hugh's Philly blog!

Gotta stink to be written about all the time with crap made up with little ways or no ways to really defend your truth.

I'm not sure that we can take this blog so literally, as concrete truth.......more so than any other blog. It could be exaggerated and embellished, or half truths.

As for him returning to "LA".......I dunno. Maybe. Maybe not. Perhaps Gerry said he was returning home, and the Indians assumed that he meant LA. He could just as easily have been referring to Scotland or New York (with a trip to Cannes, or elsewhere, along the way).

:hmm:

Edited by Emily Bronte

I'm glad he's home ....

I think he might be equally pissed at the reaction of his devoted fans taking a blog from a model in India as FACT! Now if being interviewed he talks about drinking this water etc... then sure, be down on him for it, but the truth is always somewhere in the middle and I found this womans blog about as accurate as Hugh's Philly blog!

Gotta stink to be written about all the time with crap made up with little ways or no ways to really defend your truth.

:whoa:

:lmao: I don't even know what to say to you, Sav. I'm going with Barb's assessment and finding this woman's account pretty valid.

And you know what? If I wanna be pissed at Gerry, I'll be pissed at Gerry. :lol: If he comes out and says it didn't happen, AWESOME and I'll take it all back with a huge smile on my face that he was never sick. I HATE the idea that he might have been sick. Makes me sad ....

In the grand scheme of life it just doesn't matter. Adam lost ... THAT'S what matters! :lmao:

Chill people ... it's a friggin' story.

I'm glad he's home ....

Thank you! Couldn't have said it better! I reserve my final conclusions when they come from a credible source. As far as getting pissed at Gerry for being sick, if he was, it may have been fool hearty on his part to engage in something that made him sick, I'm sure he learned his lesson in that regard, I hope he learns a few others a long this journey as well and that's why I would tend to be more pissed at him!

D

I'm glad he's home ....

Thank you! Couldn't have said it better! I reserve my final conclusions when they come from a credible source. As far as getting pissed at Gerry for being sick, if he was, it may have been fool hearty on his part to engage in something that made him sick, I'm sure he learned his lesson in that regard, I hope he learns a few others a long this journey as well and that's why I would tend to be more pissed at him!

D

Wow - I will surely never voice my pissedness at Gerry here ever again ... I forgot ... silly me. Good thing he's home IN LOS ANGELES ... looking beautiful ... is that better? Only positive, right? :kisswink:

I don't understand why some people are being so hard on this blogger. What exactly is it about this story that you find so objectionable?

Yeah, you know, you have a point. Since the blog is from the internet the story must be true and accurate to a 'T'. Thanks for setting us straight! :unsure:

Wow - I will surely never voice my pissedness at Gerry here ever again ... I forgot ... silly me. Good thing he's home IN LOS ANGELES ... looking beautiful ... is that better? Only positive, right? :kisswink:

Lisa, you missed the point!

The point wasn't to wear rose colored Gerry glasses, but to be responsible in using blogs as fact. If indeed Gerry stated he did drink this water, be as mad as you want. You have every right to that opinion. But to be mad at someone, someone you claim to care about, based off a rumor is another thing and I find that disturbing.

Hope I made that clearer.

New pictures show him happy and leaving a restaurant in LA last night. If the illness story was true, he's sure over it now.

Lisa, you missed the point!

The point wasn't to wear rose colored Gerry glasses, but to be responsible in using blogs as fact. If indeed Gerry stated he did drink this water, be as mad as you want. You have every right to that opinion. But to be mad at someone, someone you claim to care about, based off a rumor is another thing and I find that disturbing.

OK I'll re-phrase to make you guys feel better ... no I won't. This is a moot point now. He's home. He's healthy and looks wonderful. That's all that matters.

I need to de-subscribe to this thread cause ... oh man I could go off right now, but luckily I won't.

"OHM .... OHM .... "

Drinking fresh water that makes you ill is not just in foreign countries. Living in the mountains here in the U.S. and spending a lot of time backpacking we NEVER drink from any stream or river or lake without using a water purifier first. I will bet that Gerry's manager, agent and probably Lloyd's of London - and his mom - are gritting their teeth over the story.

But the new pics show him out looking great so whatever made him ill hopefully has worked its way through his system.

And Gerry, if you are reading this, just take a water purifier with you the next time you want to drink out of any fresh water source ANYWHERE in the world.

:bow2:

Edited by Lady Ski Bum

[Lisa, you missed the point!

You know, Gerry is the one who should be "pissed". What kind of "friends" would it be to blab to the world the things that he's doing in India, from his bogus proposals making him look like some giddy, love sick school boy, to drinking bad water and getting sick! Never once did I hear any thing about how handsome and funny he was, gracious and caring, just that he's enamoured with "someone" and got the drizzlies! Very nice! Gerry needs to get more internet savvy!

D

You mean, perhaps, a little "embellishing" of the facts, what we call here in the Midwest a "fish tale"?

D

Well if Gerry ever climbs aboard my yacht I'll definitely have a fish tail to share. ;)