Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
stacey32

Advice for Vegas

I had to go to Vegas with the family just last week. Couldn't make them wait for the convention, but still had fun!!! I thought I would give you all some advice.

First, get a bus pass for "The Deuce" if you plan on walking the strip. It's longer than you think. (7.5 miles to be exact.) Take the bus if you plan on making it all day outside and still be able to walk the next day! It's was worth the money for the 3 day pass. (you can get 24 hr pass also.) You cannot get on the bus with food or drinks. (so make sure you finish your ginormous margarita before you get on, You'll see...)

Drink WATER!!! And use lots of lotion, you will be very dry there. (duh, desert...) Oh and there are $1.25 margarita's and Daquiries at Bally's, and just outside Circus Circus!!! (lol)

We stayed at Treasure Island, so it was right in the middle of the chaos. Good show, for free outside.

Get the Vegas coupon books, you should have one in the hotel room, and they hand them out at various places. You can get 1/2 off the Eiffel Tower and Madame' Tussauds, and other things.

If you want to see Phantom and haven't gotten tix try the 1/2 price tix place, at Coca-Cola world and M&M world!

Oh, and btw...The Venetian was playing music from Phantom (the Movie) outside, so you can hear Gerry singing as you walk along!! So Cool! :wuv:

Also, the Ethel M Chocolate Factory tour is free, but part of the factory is shut away due to renovations and not worth the trip. We had to take the bus all the way to the station and switch to another to get there and really you don't see much. Plus there was only one free sample of chocolate. If you go to the Fashion Show mall, then you can go to the Ethel M shop and get a free sample without the long trip.

There is so much to see, so I hope you all have lots of fun!!!

I'm going to blog about my Vacation on my myspace page if you wanna check it out!

It sounds like you had a blast, Stacey! Good for you!

You are so right about drinking a lot of water in Vegas! My doctor said sodas, alcoholic beverages, and iced tea or other sugary drinks will be nice going down but they won't satisfy your body's need for WATER! I also carried hand lotion and lip balm as well as sun screen with me, but I felt like the moisture was just being sucked out of my body! If you are going to do a lot of walking, just be safe from the heat. Oh, and when you walk inside a building, it feel like you are walking into a meat locker! I'm super cold natured and had to have a wrap inside!

Suzie

Great tips, Stacey! Sounds like you had fun. Thanks so much for sharing some do's and don't bothers.

The water, ESPECIALLY is important to remember. I got a bit more dehydrated than I was counting on even with staying in the hotel a lot. That constant air conditioning sucks the moisture right out of you.

Thanks for the tips Stacey! Good to know.

Sounds like you had a good time. I can't wait to get there!

Cheryl