Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
kimmy67

Question about Gerry

Does anyone know if Gerry is a citizen of the US? I was wondering that today...

No, he travels on a passport from the UK. Gerry is SUCH a Scot, I doubt he will ever get American citizenship. I wonder if his mother would be upset if he did??

Suzie

:funnyup: I don't think she has anything to worry about! :lol:

If he did get US citizenship, he'd have to pass the test, which I don't doubt he'd be able to do, and take the oath, which might be a bit more difficult for our loyal Scotsman! He would of course, retain his Scottish citizenship. I'd say he might consider getting the dual citizenship if the pros outweighed the cons for him. JUST MY OPINION.

I don't see why he couldn't pass a citizenship test he got a Law Degree in Scottland :whome2:

he's not a dummy :sword::attila::phantom2::worthless::menkilt:

:kisswink: I didn't think he did but when Obama was nominated as president...and seeing Gerry outside of the White House...I wondered if he voted....etc....lol

I don't see why he couldn't pass a citizenship test he got a Law Degree in Scottland

he's not a dummy

If you're referring to my post, you may want to read it again. I said, "If he did get US citizenship, he'd have to pass the test, which I don't doubt he'd be able to do."

I've known for years that Gerry is a smart wee cookie! :wuv:;)

I'm not sure why he'd become a U.S. citizen because he doesn't work exclusively here like Craig Ferguson who did become a citizen. It might eventually come down to the almighty $ and taxes. I read once that UK taxes are actually higher than those in the US.

I don't see why he couldn't pass a citizenship test he got a Law Degree in Scottland

he's not a dummy

If you're referring to my post, you may want to read it again. I said, "If he did get US citizenship, he'd have to pass the test, which I don't doubt he'd be able to do."

I've known for years that Gerry is a smart wee cookie! :wuv:;)

Well, I took the test and it is very easy, so I don't think he would have a hard time.

I have dual citizenship but it's up to the birth country if they allow it or not.

I am lucky because I could not give up my Hungarian.

I have dual citizenship as well because of my parents, I posted that whole long story here awhile back

But I checked the Italian consulate in NY and they are offering it only if you fill out like 4 different surveys, go meet with

them, you must have ancestors from the country you want dual citizenship from and if they believe you are in fact a person

who is qualified and in the right to have Italian citizenship as well. I dont know how it differs from other Country's but it seems like

you would really have to want it to go through this trouble.

Even if Gerard remains a resident, he can still get pension and have certain rights except for the voting.

What ever he decides makes him happy is what he is going to do so it's all good :)

Oh this was just a curiosity question more than anything else...saw those pics of him in Washington and wondered if he voted....

As far as I know, you can't vote if you're not a US citizen. Why would Gerry want to become a US citizen? I think he's too Scottish to give it up...would there be working benefits to becoming a citizen?

:wuv:

You're absolutely right, Dragon Slayer, you do have to be an American Citizen in order to vote.

Like Kimmy said, this was more of a "curiosity" question than anything else. I've personally never heard Gerry express any interest in becoming a American citizen in his interviews.

Edited by discoveringme

No, he travels on a passport from the UK.

Suzie

Yes, on photos it seemed to be same looking as my passport = European Union one.

Edited by Skatingfan03

You're absolutely right, Dragon Slayer, you do have to be an American Citizen in order to vote.

Like Kimmy said, this was more of a "curiosity" question than anything else. I've personally never heard Gerry express any interest in becoming a American citizen in his interviews.

Thank you Discoveringme for reiterating what I said...I wasn't trying to start something....lol...I guess curiousity does kill the cat...or in this case...me...