Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Songbird

Touring The Shade Tree in Vegas! Need to Know!

As some of you may recall, GALS Charitable Foundation announced previously that The Shade Tree Shelter has been selected as our chosen charity to receive the net proceeds from our 4th Annual Gerard Butler Fan Convention Charity Raffle and Auction!

Please read more about this wonderful organization by visiting their website at:

www.theshadetree.org

The Mission of The Shade Tree

We are in discussions with the executive director of The Shade Tree about scheduling a tour of the shelter's facility during our convention!! It's about a 5 mile trip from the LV Hilton to The Shade Tree, and the tour lasts about an hour.

In order to know whether or not we'll be able to arrange group transportation and accommodate the tour, we NEED some feedback from convention attendees regarding your interest in taking the tour.

ETA: WE NEED TO GET A HEAD COUNT ON THIS, SO PLEASE INDICATE YOUR PARTICIPATION.

MORE THAN LIKELY, WE'LL DO THE TOUR AROUND 10:00 AM ON SATURDAY, JUNE 27.

What say ye? Swift responses are greatly appreciated, as the con is just over 3 weeks away, and the staff at The Shade Tree need to know our numbers for tour planning purposes!! Thank you!

:vegasbaby:

Katie

Added 6-4-09:

We are now looking for volunteers who will have vehicles available for passengers to carpool to The Shade Tree! Our tour is now set for 10 AM Saturday, June 27, so we'll gather at a yet-to-be-determined location at the Hilton around 9:15 to coordinate passengers and head out!

It's gonna be a GBGALS CONVOY! :yeehaw:

I'd like to go!

Suzie

I would be interested in going.

Barbara

Libby,

We're hoping for Saturday, June 27.

if it can be arranged that would be lovely to see the facility.

I think this is a great idea Katie! I did not know we were donating to a different organization this year. The Shade Tree looks like a really good one. Let me get with Sally, since she's the one driving this year.

I was looking over their 'Wish Lists' and thought maybe we could brings some of the items on it. What do you think?

Deb,

I think that's a wonderful idea, and whomever would like to do that voluntarily, I'm sure that The Shade Tree would appreciate it greatly! I notice too that they also help out the furbabies of families in crisis, through their Noah's Animal House! Isn't that wonderful? :wuv:

It is my hope that the more able we are to see firsthand The Shade Tree's efforts and impact on their community, the more we'll be inspired to raise as much funds as possible through the raffle and auction items Saturday night!

I thought that Dayna had posted somewhere on the board that The Shade Tree was going to be our chosen charity for the convention this year, but pairhaps I am mistaken. :confused: Sorry about that!

~Katie

P.S. Yesterday I phoned my The Shade Tree Shelter contact and learned that she had been laid off! It seems our current economic situation is adversely affecting lots of nonprofits, and The Shade Tree is no exception.

However, she spoke so highly of The Shade Tree and all the help it provides, and even pointed out that there are so many more women contacting the shelter for assistance these days, again, because of the hard economic times.

Even though she's laid off from her job at the shelter, she was generous in getting me in touch with the exec. director. I'm sure it was a very difficult decision to downsize the staff and from a personal level on my part, learning all of this simply ignites my passion even more keenly to help The Shade Tree Shelter!

Please see the amendments to post #1!

Katie

:bump1:

Why do I always say, "Do the hustle" everytime I see the bump graphics? :lol:

Child of the 70's, I guess.

I'd go Katie. After all this is what GALs is all about too.

Cheryl

Katie,

I'm on board, count me in. I'll be checking the list of needed items also. Great idea.

Sally

Great! Thanks ladies for your responses.... keep 'em coming so we can keep up with the numbers.

Delia, consider yourself and Belia "signed up". ;):kiss:

Just an FYI Katie, I just tried access the Shade Tree site and I do believe we done crashed it! :eek:

The Shade Tree site is up now.

I definitely would like to go on the tour, since I first found out about The Shade Tree and brought the idea to the rest of the team as a potential beneficiary of our efforts.

Thanks Susan!

I copied and saved the Wish List so Sally and I can go shopping!

As some of you may recall, GALS Charitable Foundation announced previously that The Shade Tree Shelter has been selected as our chosen charity to receive the net proceeds from our 4th Annual Gerard Butler Fan Convention Charity Raffle and Auction!

Please read more about this wonderful organization by visiting their website at:

www.theshadetree.org

The Mission of The Shade Tree

We are in discussions with the executive director of The Shade Tree about scheduling a tour of the shelter's facility during our convention!! It's about a 5 mile trip from the LV Hilton to The Shade Tree, and the tour lasts about an hour.

In order to know whether or not we'll be able to arrange group transportation and accommodate the tour, we NEED some feedback from convention attendees regarding your interest in taking the tour.

ETA: WE NEED TO GET A HEAD COUNT ON THIS, SO PLEASE INDICATE YOUR PARTICIPATION.

MORE THAN LIKELY, WE'LL DO THE TOUR AROUND 10:00 AM ON SATURDAY, JUNE 27.

What say ye? Swift responses are greatly appreciated, as the con is just over 3 weeks away, and the staff at The Shade Tree need to know our numbers for tour planning purposes!! Thank you!

Katie

This sounds terrific. Please count me in.

Diane

The Shade Tree site is up now.

I definitely would like to go on the tour, since I first found out about The Shade Tree and brought the idea to the rest of the team as a potential beneficiary of our efforts.

Yes, huge kudos are definitely in order to Susan for calling our attention to this worthwhile organization! :bow2: SusieQ!

We are now looking for volunteers who will have vehicles available for passengers to carpool to The Shade Tree! Our tour is now set for 10 AM Saturday, June 27, so we'll gather at a yet-to-be-determined location at the Hilton around 9:15 to coordinate passengers and head out! It's gonna be a GBGALS CONVOY!

I just saw this thread. Is it too late to sign up for the tour? If not, I'd like to go. :)

Nope, not too late, Elissa!!

(Please let me know if Good Sport or Erin will go, too, so I can get an accurate number. :))