Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

6/4 - Gerard Butler Knows Why they have chickens at bachelor parties

Gerry just added more fodder for photo caption threads! I think (at least I would like to believe) that he was using f*****g chickens as an adjective, not a verb. Oh, the possibilities....

Gerry sure loves to make up stuff as he goes along...he probably doesn't even remember anything that happened in his bacchanalian days!

:wuv:

Well, some hen house names --- huh?

There could be

Plucky Clucky (my personal favorite and DIBS if this happens)

Lucky Clucky

The Fabulous Flock

Helacious Hen

Helennic Hen (for a 300 fan)

FoghornLegHenna (for those of you with a cartoon bent) :whoa:

Henriette Hen

Oh man.....This I've GOT to stop!!!

Auntm

Well, some hen house names --- huh?

There could be

Plucky Clucky (my personal favorite and DIBS if this happens)

Lucky Clucky

The Fabulous Flock

Helacious Hen

Helennic Hen (for a 300 fan)

FoghornLegHenna (for those of you with a cartoon bent) :whoa:

Henriette Hen

Oh man.....This I've GOT to stop!!!

Auntm

Hi Andrea,

If you go to the TMZ site and click on Friday's episode right at the top you will find the bit with Gerry. He appears early in the vid, just after the Williams girl. He looks really unhappy with the paps here, kind of giving them the evil eye IMO. He's usually quite affable with the TMZ guys from what I've seen. Perhaps he's just tired of them labelling hm with all the manwhore BS.

Hi Andrea,

If you go to the TMZ site and click on Friday's episode right at the top you will find the bit with Gerry. He appears early in the vid, just after the Williams girl. He looks really unhappy with the paps here, kind of giving them the evil eye IMO. He's usually quite affable with the TMZ guys from what I've seen. Perhaps he's just tired of them labelling hm with all the manwhore BS.

Thanks a lot. I will check it out right now. :wave:

Gerry definitely looks exasperated in the TMZ episode. The TMZ people in their little chit chat voice-over are amazed at how well he manages to ignore their presence.

But, he has to know they are going to be at events like that. If he really wanted to make sure they wouldn't be around, he could likely sneak out a back door. He may have just adopted a new strategy to simply ignore them from now on.

I think he needs to get back to work and off the party circuit again asap. While you can't really tell anything personal about someone from photos, he's beginning to look a bit glum IMO.

Gerry definitely looks exasperated in the TMZ episode. The TMZ people in their little chit chat voice-over are amazed at how well he manages to ignore their presence.

But, he has to know they are going to be at events like that. If he really wanted to make sure they wouldn't be around, he could likely sneak out a back door. He may have just adopted a new strategy to simply ignore them from now on.

I think he needs to get back to work and off the party circuit again asap. While you can't really tell anything personal about someone from photos, he's beginning to look a bit glum IMO.

I still cannot find it! Where the heck is it? Can someone paste the link, pleeeese?

I still cannot find it! Where the heck is it? Can someone paste the link, pleeeese?

Here you go Andrea. It is Friday's episode, which you may have to click on at the top right of the main screen. Check and see if it says 'Now playing TMZ - Fri' underneath the main screen. Gerry's spot is fairly early in the video.

http://www.tmz.com/tmztv

Here you go Andrea. It is Friday's episode, which you may have to click on at the top right of the main screen. Check and see if it says 'Now playing TMZ - Fri' underneath the main screen. Gerry's spot is fairly early in the video.

http://www.tmz.com/tmztv

Thanks Robyn, I owe you one. I just could not find the damn thing.

I am actually very happy that he ignores these smart arse bastards now.

Good for you Gerr, keep it up. You have been nice enough for a long, long time.

:funnyup: Ok I want to be a chicken too...Posted Image I want to be Gerry's chicken Little bit! By the way the link doesn't play it anymore do you think it will be up on youtube?

Just watched the Gerard clip on TMZ. I think it is a good idea to ignore those people, but even better would have been to ignore them smilingly (looking happy and carefree, which surely is easy for an actor), especially as he was doing some autograph signing.

Edited by Skatingfan03

well, if we are selecting hen names, I want to be "Henny Penny". This is fun.

Barbara

Just watched the Gerard clip on TMZ. I think it is a good idea to ignore those people, but even better would have been to ignore them smilingly (looking happy and carefree, which surely is easy for an actor), especially as he was doing some autograph signing.

I agree that either ignoring or looking "surly" will just give them fuel to say something negative. Gerry must have been in an awful mood. I wish it would get to the point where they would say, "we caught Gerard Butler coming out of "whatever". He was smiling, signing autographs, talking to us. He's such a nice guy! We just love him! We take back all those nasty things we said about him!" But who cares what they think, right?

D

Who cares what they say? They make it all up anyway. It doesn't matter a hill of beans what a celeb actually does, they'll spin it to suit themselves no matter what.

LOTS of celebs do not respond to the paps, nor should they. The more they are ignored the better.

Jane

He does need to go back to work. I don't think he will ever be comfortable with all the attention. I love seeing pictures of Gerry but not at the expense of him being unhappy.

Who cares what they say? They make it all up anyway. It doesn't matter a hill of beans what a celeb actually does, they'll spin it to suit themselves no matter what.

LOTS of celebs do not respond to the paps, nor should they. The more they are ignored the better.

Jane

What she said. When are people going to realize that it's all a pack of lies? Don't read those sites.

:doh:

Bailey S,

Thank you for my Henrietta card. Here it is GALS

Posted Image

Sally

The reality of it is, however, that the behavior of a celebrity caught on camera is going to be seen by the public, and it can cast a positive or a negative light. Ignoring them doesn't work, in fact, I think it makes them worse. If they are going to make up stuff anyway, why not smile for the camera! After all, some of the pics and videos we get are from paps.

I don't condone how they get their pics but you have to make the best out of an uncomfortable situation. Either smile and put on a happy face or pretend you're on the cell phone. The more they can provoke a response, especially a negative one, the better for them. Don't give them the satisfaction. It will all be over in a few seconds anyway.

D

The reality is that the vast majority of people don't pay any attention to this stuff at all. Most people do NOT watch TMZ or E! or any of the others and it certainly doesn't stay with them more than 5 seconds.

Some fans got very upset when Gerry had his altercation with a pap. DOZENS of stars have had run-ins with paps and continue to have problems with them. It doesn't affect their box office. How much of the pics and gossip do you remember about anybody but Gerry?

Stars don't have to worry about the opinion of paps. They worry about their peers, their employers, their friends. If you give power to gossips and rumor mongors, you will never survive Hollywood, let alone life. Nobody but us are fixated on what Gerry does every single day and if we can't tell the garbage from the truth he's better off with out us - as well as the paps.

He should stay true to himself, as honest as he can be, both with himself and the people around him. That way he gets respect which will protect him far more than pandering to the paps.

J

.....and besides, he already tried that! For a long time, Gerry was VERY accommodating to the paps, smiling when they swarmed him, cracking jokes and even answering some of their dumb questions. He WAS nice to them, but that is NOT what they want. So they continue to pester him.

I agree with Jane. As part of his fan community, we can sometimes be tunnel visioned with respect to how he is perceived by others...but most people don't pay attention to the razzi or gossip sites. Most just enjoy an actor's work and ignore the rest. If you read IMDb, JJ and some other the other "entertainment" sites out there, you would think that EVERYONE is interested in Gerry's personal life and off camera antics, but that's not the case.

I'm now on Twitter, and if you do a search for Gerry Butler in the trending topics, you discover that most tweets are about his films, his work, his good looks (OMG he's so HAWT!), and NOT the gossip or pap stuff!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Posted Image

Where I come from originally, 'up north' near the borders of Scotland, I was often called 'chicken' by adults, it was a term of endearment in that part of the country.

hugs,

Anna X

Posted Image

This thread is getting a bit off topic with Gerry and the paps since I think it was Robyn who posted the tmztv link lets get it back on ladies. If the clip had any substance it would have been posted before it was.

Moira

Gerard just being himself, his good old honest self...that's all. And doesn't he look absolutely gorgeous?

:wave:

If we're choosing hen names....I would like to be "Cluckzilla" :cunning::cunning:

Cluck Cluck ROAR!!!!

Remember when Gerry told us at the first convention something to the effect that IF we knew some of what he did ... we would all go "oooohhh, he did THAT???"

I believe the exact quote was "If you knew me you would not like me".