Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
TwinsMommy

Help with account settings

Hi.. I know I am new here but I am coming to you for help, hanging my head from embarrassment.. I am trying to find what "posts" have been made under my account. Does that make sense? Our home computer, or network, or whatever they want to call it was hacked by our snivelous neighbor and she's done some really not-so-nice things. My husband and I are trying to do some damage control now and clear up/delete things that have been posted, created, changed, etc.

Fortunately our banking and credit card information was secure, but she managed to sign us up for some interesting websites and then post nasty remarks under our names to other sites we had belonged to. The state police suggested we contact sites and ask for assistence since we may have to cancel accounts and such.

Anyone know how I can check to see if she's done anything here??? I clicked on my account name but nothing except my first message comes up.. Is that a good sign? I've changed email addresses, passwords, sign-in names, etc.

In advance, my sincerest apologies for anything that may have posted under my account. Please know I am a really nice person and am not hateful nor do I make sarcastic and rude comments to people i don't know.

Hugs

Alycen

Hi Alycen,

In the left margin of your post (above), I can see that you have only made 2 posts. Again, in the left margin of your post above, place your cursor just to the right of your screen name and you will see an arrow. Click on it and you will get a window where you can choose "Find Member's Posts." You can see all of the posts you have made that way.

Hope this helps.

Hugs,

Libby

Hi Alycen,

In the left margin of your post (above), I can see that you have only made 2 posts. Again, in the left margin of your post above, place your cursor just to the right of your screen name and you will see an arrow. Click on it and you will get a window where you can choose "Find Member's Posts." You can see all of the posts you have made that way.

Hope this helps.

Hugs,

Libby

**Slaps self upside the head**

Ohhh,,,,, again,, I am soooooooooooo technologically impaired.. Which is how I probably got myself into this whole "security" mess in the first place.. Who knew a wireless hub could cause so many problems LOL!!!

Thank you again!!!! I think I am good here, no seems to be out of place!!

Hugs

Alycen

Sorry that happened to you, Alycen. I'm glad that things seem to be okay in here at least. I just don't understand people that do those sorts of things.

Hope to see you 'round GALS!

:hugs:

Another twins' mom :kisswink:

Also, clicking "My Assistant" will show your last 10 posts.

I'm sorry about your neighbor. I have similar concerns as I dealt with a cyberstalker recently and seem to be getting an inordinate amount of new spam to the shadow e-mail from my Gerry fan site. It's mostly going to my spam filter automatically at this point, so I don't worry about it as much as I might do otherwise.

Well, we're glad you "mean" to be here and your registration isn't the result of a "hacking"! :lmao:

Well, we're glad you "mean" to be here and your registration isn't the result of a "hacking"! :lmao:

No way, I like this website that's why I joined. It was just coincidence that this situation came to light right after.. She's apparently done this to two other neighbors as well. But we've filed charges so hopefully this comes to an end now. I think she went after us because one day she was cussing her mom up and down and I was outside playing with my kids,, who heard EVERYTHING and I told her to have some respect and watch her mouth.. Being 15 you can imagine her response back to me.... I got all immature and told her she was lucky I wasn't her mother,, I'd have beaten the crap out of her if she talked to me that way..... (I know,, bad,, right.... But the little snot deserved it!)

My hubby even teases me about my King Leo wallpaper.. I told him if he had a body like GB and that Scottish accent maybe I'd put his picture up instead LOL.......