Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

6/9 - Kicking butt's all Butler

from: http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/how-john-leguizamo-got-fu.php

How John Leguizamo got funny in the sci-fi action movie Gamer

John Leguizamo, who plays the character Freek in the upcoming sci-fi film Gamer, told SCI FI Wire that he provides the film's comic relief. Freek joins Kable (Gerard Butler) in a video game in which players control actual human beings in a battle to the death. "I'm like a Renfield in the Dracula story, that crazy guy who's locked up in an insane asylum," Leguizamo said Monday in an exclusive phone interview while promoting Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. "I'm in there; I have all this information, and I'm in the prison. I'm in the game."

Butler handles most of the film's butt-kicking. "It's all Gerard," Leguizamo said. "There's a little weapon situation with me, but mostly I'm just kind of like a little comic relief. I mean, I hope I'm doing that."

A stand-up performer with one-man shows and a veteran of genre films, Leguizamo is an expert at voices and experienced with prosthetic makeup. But he didn't have to transform too much to play Freek. "You'll recognize me," he said. "There is more, like, that heroin look more than anything else."

Leguizamo signed on to the movie for the chance to work with directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor (Crank). "I had a great time," he said. "I just love the directors, man. I love Crank, and I love them. They said, 'Do you want to do this little fun thing?' I said, 'Yeah, absolutely. With you guys, anything.'"

Seeing Neveldine in action fulfilled Leguizamo's expectation of the filmmakers, Leguizamo added. "He will get on his roller blades, hold onto the car and hang on and shoot," he said. "That's how he'll do it, and that's how you get those crazy, amazing shots. They're wild. They're really inventive."

Gamer opens Sept. 4.

I think John is cool and to add some comic relief to that kind of movie should be interesting. Thanks for the post. :wave:

John is always good for the comic relief. He's hilarious ... and I love it when serious movies throw in a little comedy to keep you awake.

Thanks - great article!

Lisa

I love John Leguizamo.. He was hysterical in Too Wong Foo.... His presence should put an interesting spin on Gamer.

I like John best in Ice Age Films his voice as Sid just cracks me up.

Yeh Too Woo Fong was great. Also good at drama in Summer of Sam in fact an all rounder as he was in Moulin Rouge too.

Moira

I love John Leguizamo.. He was hysterical in Too Wong Foo.... His presence should put an interesting spin on Gamer.

To Wong Foo was definitely one of his best films. I love that movie, but I also love John doing his stand up. He ranks on his family so bad ...

:lol:

i think i might actually see gamer......but so looking forward to the ugly truth..by the way on justjared.com pics of you know who getting ready to start shooting the bounty hunter...enjoy,,,i did.............

Edited by ileen

I just love Sid the Sloth! He was a good choice for the comic relief! You got to have a little bit of that especially in a movie like Gamer.

D

:wave: Barbara that is a fantastic siggy you have, I just adore it.

Thanks for the news Galfriend,

hugs,

Anna X