Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
framolamdu

6/10 - Scots hunk Gerard Butler shoots down rumours about his relationships with female co-stars

Just a tad

Moira

:funnyface:

"When asked why he was on his cell at the The Hangover premiere's after-party, Gerard Butler replied, "This woman just had twins, and I was trying to find out if one of them was mine."

C'mon!! Why would you want THAT to change? :lmao:

Edited by phoenixgirl

"When asked why he was on his cell at the The Hangover premiere's after-party, Gerard Butler replied, "This woman just had twins, and I was trying to find out if one of them was mine."

Oh Yes!!!....That sounds like the sort of comment that would be made by Mr. G. :whome2:

He sooo funny!!! Like the line from the Billy Joel song, "Just the Way You Are"....."Don't go changing to try to please me...You've never let me down before."

( Ya know...that song should be the theme song for this thread...Listen to the words....they SO fit!! )

The Divine Miss S :rose:

Gerry still does what Gerry wants to do, that is what he has always done, he is a non-comformist. That is what we liked about him from the start. If you believe everything in the media or on tmz or the magazine, unless it comes out of his mouth , I never believe it. And we are supposed to support him and some of us have a way of putting him down. Come on, let the man live, he is busy and if he makes mistakes so do we we are all human. He has to learn from them, but he is brilliant too. He would have never made it in law if he was not. He is just Gerry and always will be to me. Raina SNow :yummy:

Gerry still does what Gerry wants to do, that is what he has always done, he is a non-comformist. That is what we liked about him from the start. If you believe everything in the media or on tmz or the magazine, unless it comes out of his mouth , I never believe it. And we are supposed to support him and some of us have a way of putting him down. Come on, let the man live, he is busy and if he makes mistakes so do we we are all human. He has to learn from them, but he is brilliant too. He would have never made it in law if he was not. He is just Gerry and always will be to me. Raina SNow :yummy:

:clap: Pairfectly said.

I remember that story Gerry told to explain why he doesn't feel he is good in relationships/dating. The woman excuses herself to go to the restroom, Gerry decides he'll go and she comes back to find him gone and just leaves? Talk about at cross purposes! Either she thought he ditched her or she was perturbed that he left her alone. I always wondered, was this before the invent of the cell phone? Maybe he had been telling her "chicken" jokes! :funnyup:

D

Gerry,

If you happen to stumble onto this thread..like the girls say...keep it real..That's one of the many reasons why I like you...:)

I just loved you in your performance as the Phantom but I even liked you more viewing you one evening on the Jay Leno Show..

Keep it real man....keep it real :wave:

WOW, that was a really good joke, the kind I appreciate coming from him.

Here, here! A wise person once told me that celebrities want to be seen for who they are, not the image everyone thinks they've created. To be honest, I've never seen an actor so down-to-earth as Gerry is. Sure, he slips up every now and then, but who doesn't? We all make mistakes, as Raina Snow said, and it's really not up to us to judge others based on what they do. I hope Gerry does find the right woman one day, one who will love him for who he is, and will stick by him through thick and thin no matter what. I don't mean that to sound crazy, but that seems to be the one problem that every celebrity has trouble achieving.

Just a tad

Moira

Actually Gerry is not so far from the truth...it has actually happened that a woman had twins, each with a different father. Be careful out there, Gerry!

:wuv::doh:

Just a tad

Moira

Actually Gerry is not so far from the truth...it has actually happened that a woman had twins, each with a different father. Be careful out there, Gerry!

Oh I know! I mentioned that in my very first post on this topic. Isn't that crazy??

I would be money that's the story he was referring to. Again, just such a quick wit. I really admire that ... I have to think about being funny, which, alas, does not work.

This is a very interesting interview in today's Scottish Daily Record.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment...86908-21428840/

Scots hunk Gerard Butler shoots down rumours about his relationships with female co-stars

Jun 10 2009 Rick Fulton

Film giant Paramount made Gerard Butler go on a media course after he made a joke about Angelina Jolie.

The big-mouthed 39-year-old Scot starred with the Oscar-winning actress on 2003 film Lara Croft: Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life.

Cracking up, the Glaswegian laughed: "I sat down and said, "Hey, you know, she may have won the Oscar, but I think I really had to bring my acting down to do these scenes with her.'

"It was a complete joke.You read it in print and you think it sounds terrible.

"Angelina was cool. She said she knew I was joking, but Paramount said I was going on a media training course."

So did the media training work? Not exactly, Gerard still likes to tell it like it is.

For new rom-com film The Ugly Truth, in which he plays a chauvinistic character, Gerard, who flexed his muscles in 300 admits:"I think every man has a bit of a sexist and a chauvinist in him if he's being honest."

And what about Jennifer Aniston who he has been linked with and who he will be starring with in new film Bounty Hunter.

"I'm working with Jennifer so obviously I'm having a thing with her," he said.

Leaning forward in the American hotel room where he is doing the rounds for The Ugly Truth, he claims the long list of women he's supposedly dated, including Cameron Diaz, are not true.

"None of them are true. I've managed to have a decent long-term relationships that nobody ever found out about.

"But meanwhile, apparently, I'm dating Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz, anybody that I've ever been spotted talking to or becoming friends with.

"None of those are true." Perhaps the media course didn't go so badly. At least he's not doing a Russell Brand, who is linked with so many women it would be impossible.

But then, while Russell is trying for a Hollywood career, Gerard already has one. After a blip in the title role of the film adaptation of The Phantom of the Opera in 2004, Gerard's stock has risen.

His role as King Leonidas in the sword and sandals film 300 made him into a Sean Connerystyle figure for the action generation. But comedy film P.S. I LoveYou and Nim's Island showed he had a softer side - playing on his tough guy image.

Certainly Gerard bristles if you suggest he's best known for his macho roles.

"I don't think I am," he said. "I think if you watch Nim's Island, I'm exceptionally geeky.

"I think that I try and play roles that are vulnerable, lost or crazy.

"It's just maybe the macho ones I've played have been more memorable movies."

Gerard is enjoying being able to jump from The Ugly Truth to his next film in September, Gamer, a sci-fi film.

"I think there's many different sides to me," said Gerard. "I try to embrace all of them.

"So there is a macho element to me, but I also have my feminine side and my vulnerable side. I'm just like everybody. I'm not just one thing."

Along with AmyWinehouse's producer Mark Ronson and The Strokes frontman Julian Casablancas, Gerard has opened up his own restaurant in Los Angeles called Shin, which serves Korean barbecues.

He said: "It's a bunch of my buddies. They also are involved in Geisha House and another and they asked if I wanted to be a part of it. It was a fun idea and Simon Chin who owns it actually cooked me a Korean barbecue at a party about eight years ago when I first arrived in Hollywood and I never forgot it."

A Glaswegian owning a Korean restaurant in Los Angeles is maybe a bit strange, but it seems to work.

"It's going well," Gerard said. "I'm very much a silent partner in that.

"But, I was just speaking to Simon the other day, and a couple of people who'd been there recently said it's been doing really well.

Everybody that goes there loves it."

Back to his acting, and Gerard is once again showing he's more than just an action man with The Ugly Truth.

He stars alongside Katherine Heigl in the latest battle of the sexes. The film has been written by two women and Katherine is one of the producers. Gerard is cast as Mike Chadway, a television personality who comes across as crass and vulgar when talking about the opposite sex.

Of course this is Hollywood, so Katherine plays Abby, a romantically-challenged morning show producer, who is single but looking for Mr Right. At first they get on like chalk and cheese, but of course true love is right there in front of them.

Gerard scoffs when asked how similar Mike is to him.

"I was disgusted by his attitude. I thought it was ridiculous," he said.

In the movie he speaks with an American accent, but claims the character's jokes are all Scottish.

He said: "We love rude jokes. I think it's a very Scottish thing.

"We love jokes that really push the envelope. I tell them in America sometimes, and it's just on that line between too much and then loving it. They're not used to jokes that are quite so rude."

While he may not spend most of the movie with his top off, the role is still one for the girls and will keep him top of the most sexy lists.

Gerard laughed: "You almost make me feel guilty. I'm sorry they put me in the sexy guy role.

"You know, it's easier to be sexy when it's written for you.

"It's easier for me to be nice in PS I LoveYou where I'm written as nice and sweet.

"It's also easier for me to be obnoxious and rude in this, because it's written that way.

"And then there's, the other thing, which is I'm just damn sexy. So, I can't help that."

And then that media training kicks in and he laughs as he realises what he has just said.

"I'm going to be sent back for the media course, like I was before," he laughed. "Don't take me away."

Gerard was going to be a lawyer and even went to the School of Law at Glasgow University before trying out a career on stage.

His first film role was Archie Brown in 1997's Mrs Brown alongside Billy Connolly, but his first role in a film was further back in 1992's The Bodyguard with Whitney Houston.

Not that you'd be able to spot him. Not even he can.

"The row behind me were cardboard cut-outs of people," he revealed.

"So I was right at the back. "They were just choosing people, saying, 'OK, you over there, and you over there... ' "I looked behind me and thought there was no way I would get on camera."

How times have changed.

The Ugly Truth is released on August 14. Gamer is out on September 4.

Gerry makes me laugh.

Thanks for sharing.

Love,

Tracy

Just a tad

Moira

Oh I know! I mentioned that in my very first post on this topic. Isn't that crazy??

I would be money that's the story he was referring to. Again, just such a quick wit. I really admire that ... I have to think about being funny, which, alas, does not work.

It is medically possible for a woman to have a set of "twins" that have different fathers.

Among dizygotic twins, in rare cases, the eggs are fertilized at different times with two or more acts of sexual intercourse, either within one menstrual cycle (superfecundation) or, even more rarely, later on in the pregnancy (superfetation). This can lead to the possibility of a woman carrying fraternal twins with different fathers (that is, half-siblings). This phenomenon is known as heteropaternal superfecundation.

I'm sure Gerry was joking and perhaps didn't know it was actually possible.

D

Scorpios are notoriously brutally honest to a fault....I should know, I'm one, and I'm the same way. You know EXACTLY where you stand with me. I don't like posers, wannabes and bs-ing. Straight dope, in your face, take it or leave it.

Footnote: How damn beautiful is this man? Holy crap! When the hell is he coming back to LA, so I can at least get another chance at an up close and personal view? Better face time than the last Gerry encounter I had.

Jen (is hoping for a repeat and a better 3rd Steet Promenade encounter with Gerry)...

Edited by Jennifer10

I would bet money Gerry was referring to the story, Delene. :lol: It was all over the news the morning the story broke. And yes, according to the doctors while it's highly improbable, it IS possible.

Weird, huh???? Like kittens!!

Footnote: How damn beautiful is this man? Holy crap!

Pretty DAMN BEAUTIFUL!!! :thud:

Edited by phoenixgirl

Scorpios are notoriously brutally honest to a fault....I should know, I'm one, and I'm the same way. You know EXACTLY where you stand with me. I don't like posers, wannabes and bs-ing. Straight dope, in your face, take it or leave it.

Footnote: How damn beautiful is this man? Holy crap! When the hell is he coming back to LA, so I can at least get another chance at an up close and personal view? Better face time than the last Gerry encounter I had.

Jen (is hoping for a repeat and a better 3rd Steet Promenade encounter with Gerry)...

My sis is a Scorpio and you never know what to expect coming out of her mouth! Honest? Depends on the day. Brutally honest? She can do that quite well. If you look like crap, she'll tell you but only my disguising it in a back handed compliment! :funnyup:

D

I missed posting this the first time...

His first film role was Archie Brown in 1997's Mrs Brown alongside Billy Connolly, but his first role in a film was further back in 1992's The Bodyguard with Whitney Houston.

Not that you'd be able to spot him. Not even he can.

"The row behind me were cardboard cut-outs of people," he revealed.

So we know to look for him next to cardboard people :)!

I mention it because I started a thread awhile back wondering where he was in the movie

Jen,

he will be in LA for the TUT premiere, so you can go and see him.

You could even write a little note to remind him of your little street encounter /with your phone and e-mail of course/

I am bad aren't I? :bonk:

Jen,

he will be in LA for the TUT premiere, so you can go and see him.

You could even write a little note to remind him of your little street encounter /with your phone and e-mail of course/

I am bad aren't I? :bonk:

Hi Andrea,

The TUT premiere? When will that be? I am so NOT in the LA loop...what are the chances I run into him again? I'd love to get the chance to actually talk to him this time, my Green eyes to his Green eyes.

Edited by Jennifer10

Jen,

I'm not sure when the premiere is going to be.

Maybe the other girls know.

It is Thu 16 July - no venue yet but alot of Sony's are at Mann's Westwood Village. Unless you can blag a personal invite to premiere/after party where there is a chance you may be lucky enough to actually get 2 mins of his time you'll have to make do with a 2 sec passing in front of you glance with the rest of us girlies outside :funnyup: Not sure that is alot of time to have a memorable conversation :lmao: But hey you gotta dream haven't you :funnyup:

Moira

It is Thu 16 July - no venue yet but alot of Sony's are at Mann's Westwood Village. Unless you can blag a personal invite to premiere/after party where there is a chance you may be lucky enough to actually get 2 mins of his time you'll have to make do with a 2 sec passing in front of you glance with the rest of us girlies outside :funnyup: Not sure that is alot of time to have a memorable conversation :lmao: But hey you gotta dream haven't you :funnyup:

Moira

I'm wondering how long he's going to be in LA for? Since I saw him on 3rd Street P the last time, I spend a bit of time shooping/eating there; that's where I ran into him the last time. I may get another chance running into him again, if he's in LA longer than just a day or two.

I guess it depends on how long they give him off from filming Bounty Hunter. We see him in all different places so nobody really knows where he likes to spend his free time when he is in LA so knowing where he will be at any given time is like finding a needle in a haystack :funnyup:

As you saw him in his car driving along(correct me if I'm wrong) he may not have spent alot of time in the area. If you like hanging around that area you may find yourself lucky who knows. Good luck hope you see him.

Moira

I guess it depends on how long they give him off from filming Bounty Hunter. We see him in all different places so nobody really knows where he likes to spend his free time when he is in LA so knowing where he will be at any given time is like finding a needle in a haystack :funnyup:

As you saw him in his car driving along(correct me if I'm wrong) he may not have spent alot of time in the area. If you like hanging around that area you may find yourself lucky who knows. Good luck hope you see him.

Moira

Thanx Moira. If I have another chance at a run in with thim again, and hopefully a chit chat, I'll keep you ladies posted.