Gerard Butler GALS

6/11 - Bachelor Boys

becozy

from: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/i-woul...me-1748825.html

Original story: 5/23/09

excerpt:

Bachelor boys: 'I would hate to be 70 and have nobody give a s*** about me'

Most men would love the life of a bachelor and all it entails, from fabulous apartments uncluttered by girlfriends' shoes to constant hot dates and parties. Or would they? Susan Daly investigates why 40-plus singletons are now starting to rethink their status

By Susan Daly

Saturday May 23 2009

The lifestyle of the modern bachelor inspires envy. Footloose fun and frolics in a world lined with fast cars, penthouse pads and beautiful, disposable women; they're living the dream, right?

But filter out the roar of private jets and the clinking of Martini glasses, and you may hear murmurs of dissatisfaction from some of the world's most eligible bachelors. Gerard Butler, the 300 actor with the six-pack torso, recently betrayed the brethren by saying: "I find playing the field less and less exciting. I enjoy being single less and less." He turns 40 this year.

excerpt:

Most men would love the life of a bachelor and all it entails, from fabulous apartments uncluttered by girlfriends' shoes to constant hot dates and parties. Or would they? Susan Daly investigates why 40-plus singletons are now starting to rethink their status

By Susan Daly

Saturday May 23 2009

The lifestyle of the modern bachelor inspires envy. Footloose fun and frolics in a world lined with fast cars, penthouse pads and beautiful, disposable women; they're living the dream, right?

But filter out the roar of private jets and the clinking of Martini glasses, and you may hear murmurs of dissatisfaction from some of the world's most eligible bachelors. Gerard Butler, the 300 actor with the six-pack torso, recently betrayed the brethren by saying: "I find playing the field less and less exciting. I enjoy being single less and less." He turns 40 this year.

I will marry you Gerry! :wave:

He might have said that recently "again" but he said it some time back too. He's just "lookin' for love in all the wrong places" as the song goes.

Certainly Gerry can't believe that when he's 70 that no one will give a s**t about him! He's got us GALS!

D

He might have said that recently "again" but he said it some time back too. He's just "lookin' for love in all the wrong places" as the song goes.

Certainly Gerry can't believe that when he's 70 that no one will give a s**t about him! He's got us GALS!

D

I think that quote came from the main focus of the article, Michael O'Doherty. And I think you're right Delene, IMHO that's an old quote trotted out for this piece. (It's amazing how "media savvy" one can get by following one person's career :rotflmao: )

D

I think that quote came from the main focus of the article, Michael O'Doherty. And I think you're right Delene, IMHO that's an old quote trotted out for this piece. (It's amazing how "media savvy" one can get by following one person's career :rotflmao: )

Yes it is and after a while, you can spot a "recyled" story a mile away! ;)

D

What amazes me is how many so-called "journalists" pick up a story written by someone else somewhere else and print it verbatim under their own by-line as if it is original material. What is even funnier is when you know the oriiginal source of something, sometimes an anecdotal story posted on a fanstie, that gets picked up somewhere by a publication claiming they had an "interview" with the celeb when in fact you know they stole the story right out of some fan encounter! Some "journlists" have no shame at all, so I guess recycling a quote is the least of their "copycat" syndrome.

I expect when Gerry feels truly ready for a commitment he will make one, and won't have to fear being 70 with nobody giving a #$%^ about him.

D

AND he's got those beautiful nieces of his! I'm sure they'll give a s**t about Uncle Gerry! :wuv:

D

AND he's got those beautiful nieces of his! I'm sure they'll give a s**t about Uncle Gerry! :wuv:

Yup, and by the time he is 70, the whole world will know him as one of the greatest actors ever, so there will be plenty of people that will give a s...

What amazes me is how many so-called "journalists" pick up a story written by someone else somewhere else and print it verbatim under their own by-line as if it is original material. What is even funnier is when you know the oriiginal source of something, sometimes an anecdotal story posted on a fanstie, that gets picked up somewhere by a publication claiming they had an "interview" with the celeb when in fact you know they stole the story right out of some fan encounter! Some "journlists" have no shame at all, so I guess recycling a quote is the least of their "copycat" syndrome.

I thought I was going nuts! LOL

D

AND he's got those beautiful nieces of his! I'm sure they'll give a s**t about Uncle Gerry!

Awww, Katie, you made me swoon. Such a beautiful thought ... :wuv: What a lucky man, and such lucky little girls ... and fans are a good ego boost and good for the paycheck ...

But neither are the same as having that one special person in your life to listen to you, support you, and be there for you. I hope he finds that for himself. Everyone deserves to be loved and cherished and honored. That's what I wish for him ...

Lisa

Lisa,

your words are beautiful. Yes, everyone deserves that special person.

The sad thing is when you know that you have so much to give and you are more than willing to give all that and you so want and cannot wait to give all that, but there is nobody on the other side....

I will make myself cry...great. :bonk:

Edited by andrea71

Lisa,

The sad thing is when you know that you have so much to give and you are more than willing to give all that and you so want and cannot wait to give all that, but there is nobody on the other side....

I will make myself cry...great.

We sing the same song, my friend. Kinda makes you feel like there's something wrong with YOU.

Ah, but that's why we have Gerry ... fills the void in the meantime ...

excerpt:

By Susan Daly

Saturday May 23 2009

I will marry you Gerry! :wave:

Mary Doll

You are 6750 in the line honey :funnyup:

Moira

Andrea71

I hope you were not referring to yourself as that is sad if that is how you feel. I'm single, never been married, had various things along the way but nothing ever close to marriage. Yes it gets lonely the older you get when your friends all start to go off and get married and you sometimes wonder why has it never happened to you. I doubt I'll ever have kids as I'm hitting the big 40 next year but do you know what you can let it bother you or you can just enjoy your lot and embrace what you have in your life. Maybe celebs or whatever do fill the romantic voids but I know since joining Gals back in 2007 my life has been so much more richer.

:hugskisses:

Moira

Uh, I would love to help him with this issue. I'm sure my hubby won't mind. :wuv:

Who cares if they mind?

That's my philosophy after all. :goodjob:

Andrea71

I hope you were not referring to yourself as that is sad if that is how you feel. I'm single, never been married, had various things along the way but nothing ever close to marriage. Yes it gets lonely the older you get when your friends all start to go off and get married and you sometimes wonder why has it never happened to you. I doubt I'll ever have kids as I'm hitting the big 40 next year but do you know what you can let it bother you or you can just enjoy your lot and embrace what you have in your life. Maybe celebs or whatever do fill the romantic voids but I know since joining Gals back in 2007 my life has been so much more richer.

:hugskisses:

Moira

Moira,

thanks for you kind words. I was referring to myself actually.

I have kids, husband, cats, dog, job, etc..but something is missing.

My life is changing, thanks to you guys and of course Gerr. I owe him for this.

Now I would be more that willing to pay anything. :p

Lisa,

I will make myself cry...great.

We sing the same song, my friend. Kinda makes you feel like there's something wrong with YOU.

Ah, but that's why we have Gerry ... fills the void in the meantime ...

Yes, Lisa; you always hit the perfect notes.

It makes me feel like I'm some kind of weirdo who has too high expectations, etc.

All I want is to give what I have.

Hmmm.. this " Gerr fills the void" thing hit me on a totally different spectrum. :whoa:

Combining your life with someone else is tricky, especially the older you get and the more set in your ways. I think it's probably harder for celebrities. If they choose someone in the business, they may get a more understanding partner but the demands on each of their careers can pull them apart. Then, if they choose someone not in the business, then there could be a question as to whether your mate loves you, the person or your celebrity. You'd have to ask yourself, "If Gerry was a truck driver, would I still love him?" Or better yet, if Gerry was a lawyer, would I still love him? Now that's a good question considering how most of the world feels about lawyers! :funnyup:

D

Edited by GBPhanatic

Combining your life with someone else is tricky, especially the older you get and the more set in your ways.

Wise words! And yes, I also think it's more difficult for celebrities. Though Gerry does have some truck-driver vernacular... :D

Combining your life with someone else is tricky, especially the older you get and the more set in your ways. I think it's probably harder for celebrities. If they choose someone in the business, they may get a more understanding partner but the demands on each of their careers can pull them apart. Then, if they choose someone not in the business, then there could be a question as to whether your mate loves you, the person or your celebrity. You'd have to ask yourself, "If Gerry was a truck driver, would I still love him?" Or better yet, if Gerry was a lawyer, would I still love him? Now that's a good question considering how most of the world feels about lawyers! :funnyup:

D

IF he was a truck driver/lawyer/whatever with the same personality that he has, I would jump immediately.

You'd have to ask yourself, "If Gerry was a truck driver, would I still love him?" Or better yet, if Gerry was a lawyer, would I still love him?

D

That's not a question for me ... if I was at a truck stop and saw Gerry in a plaid shirt, puffy vest and trucker hat (with or without the rooster) and he started chatting me up and that Scottish accent came flying out and he made me laugh like he does now ... I'd hop in the truck and drive away with him.

Long way to say that even if Gerry was a garbage man (trash engineer, whatever the PC word is now), I would love him with my whole heart and soul. In fact, I sometimes wonder if I would be able to love him MORE if he weren't a movie star. I think it would be harder to handle that relationship than if he were just an average Joe.

Yes, yes I would ....