Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
GBPhanatic

Lara Croft, Tomb Raider; The Cradle of Life

Well, since there was no sub forum for this movie, which puzzles me somewhat, I'll just say that I located a copy of the DVD and sure enough, there is an alternate ending for the movie just like I thought.

This was the first "Gerry" movie I saw and I remember thinking, "where have they been keeping this cutey?" He was sexy, adorable, sexy, HOT, gorgeous, sexy, did I say sexy? Some critic said that there was a lack of chemistry between Lara and Terry. Well I have to say, it wasn't Gerry's fault! His "chemistry" was spot on and working just fine and when he turned that little corner of his mouth up and spoke in that soft and low brogue, I poured Sprite down the front of me before getting the can to my mouth!

Anyway, I saw the movie in Denver and we were given voting cards to select the ending. I remember this and everyone thinks I'm crazy! Well, I am crazy, but for other reasons. So for now, I know I wasn't dreaming this up!

D

I do like the alternate ending because Terry basically dies as a hero who got wounded during the fight...

Well, since there was no sub forum for this movie, which puzzles me somewhat, I'll just say that I located a copy of the DVD and sure enough, there is an alternate ending for the movie just like I thought.

This was the first "Gerry" movie I saw and I remember thinking, "where have they been keeping this cutey?" He was sexy, adorable, sexy, HOT, gorgeous, sexy, did I say sexy? Some critic said that there was a lack of chemistry between Lara and Terry. Well I have to say, it wasn't Gerry's fault! His "chemistry" was spot on and working just fine and when he turned that little corner of his mouth up and spoke in that soft and low brogue, I poured Sprite down the front of me before getting the can to my mouth!

Anyway, I saw the movie in Denver and we were given voting cards to select the ending. I remember this and everyone thinks I'm crazy! Well, I am crazy, but for other reasons. So for now, I know I wasn't dreaming this up!

D

Oh, he was insanely sexy in this one. There was an awesome, cold chemistry between them- for me at least. I love-love Angelina.

They could have made him live for a change. :doh:

D

Oh, he was insanely sexy in this one. There was an awesome, cold chemistry between them- for me at least. I love-love Angelina.

They could have made him live for a change. :doh:

I completely agree! I LOVE it when he plays characters where he can use his own accent. It must be that little bit of Scottish DNA in me kicking in!

Edited by mary1213

Yes, I loved the alternate ending where Terry dies a hero (at least). But the director says that the actors made the choice which means Gerry wanted to die by the hands of his woman, after he slaps her down and is a real meanee, jerk! Does that sound like our Ger?

As far as the chemistry thing, Gerry was pouring it on ol' Angelina and she just wasn't sending it back, from my perspective. She was more "hot and botherd" in "Gia". I understand that she was disgruntled by his past but I think she needed to get more "enraptured" whenever he looked down in to her eyes with those knock out peepers of his, that brogue talking sweet and low! :swoon: Oh.....where am I? Whew....It worked for me and all I have to do is recall the scene. Angie is a stronger woman than I, for sure! I believe this is the one where Gerry said he looked forward to kissing those lips and also he made a joke about having to tone down his acting.

Another critic did make the remark about watching the "screen test" that Gerry took and said it was one of the best he'd seen and it could have been put right in to the movie! That's probably why they included it on the DVD! That's our boy!

D

:terry2: I bought the DVD just to be able to watch the alternate ending! But I will tell you honestly I preferred when he "got greedy" in the end ; after all his character was a "Soldier of Fortune".

But and this is a huge "but" I wanted them to revive his character down the road because don't forget that he died in the fabled place known as the "Cradle of Life" so why would it be such a stretch of imagination that he became resurrected? :terry: Opposite sides of the coin they most certainly were but very drawn to one another.

I even signed a petition for another Tomb Raider but only "if" they revived Terry! She loved him but did not agree with his "means to an end" attitude. Who does not "fall" for the "bad boys"? That is what made the couple so interesting; that they had conflicting egos. I still hope some day (like in Dracula) that they resurrect Terry; if only to give her another reason to try and change him.....

Remember; :drac: Dracula is not dead...really so who knows when they will revive him? I for one can't wait for that day but is MUST be Gerry who reprises that role...Hey Vampires are a "hot" commodity now a days!

Edited by may

May, I thought about that too! He was left there in the "cradle of life" so why couldn't he be resurrected? Angie says she won't do another. They are looking at Kira Knightly. Not the same.

D

I like the ending the way it was because it fit with his character even though I felt bad for him because he was too sexy

in the movie and sexy men shouldn't die they should ride off into the sunset with their bad a$$ self and live to reek

havoc another day ;) hehehe

I like the ending the way it was because it fit with his character even though I felt bad for him because he was too sexy

in the movie and sexy men shouldn't die they should ride off into the sunset with their bad a$$ self and live to reek

I agree! But I' m a sucker for an ending where he does the right thing in the end and redeems himself. Maybe isn't as dramatic but I'm the hopeless romantic.

If I could have written the end, I would have had him appear at the very end of her battle with Reisse with of course his only intention to get Pandora's box for himself and while Lara's fighting the bad guys, Terry manages to get the box and has a choice of saving Lara by letting go of the box back in to the acid or absconding with it while they are all distracted. Of course, he struggles with the decision for a moment because he knows Lara is capable of taking care of herself but in the end, his love for her wins out and when Lara is about to be dropped in to the acid lake, Terry lets go of the box so he can catch Lara as she falls from above! The box sinks away, Reisse falls in to the pool and they walk out together to fight for justice another day! She asks him again, "why'd you do it?' and he tells her that he doesn't want to loose her again and no amount of wealth is worth that. So he has redeemed himself after all and she tells him she does think he's charming afterall. :tissues:

I think most people like good endings. We have too much bad going on in the world not to. But, hey, that's just me.

D

I agree! But I' m a sucker for an ending where he does the right thing in the end and redeems himself. Maybe isn't as dramatic but I'm the hopeless romantic.

If I could have written the end, I would have had him appear at the very end of her battle with Reisse with of course his only intention to get Pandora's box for himself and while Lara's fighting the bad guys, Terry manages to get the box and has a choice of saving Lara by letting go of the box back in to the acid or absconding with it while they are all distracted. Of course, he struggles with the decision for a moment because he knows Lara is capable of taking care of herself but in the end, his love for her wins out and when Lara is about to be dropped in to the acid lake, Terry lets go of the box so he can catch Lara as she falls from above! The box sinks away, Reisse falls in to the pool and they walk out together to fight for justice another day! She asks him again, "why'd you do it?' and he tells her that he doesn't want to loose her again and no amount of wealth is worth that. So he has redeemed himself after all and she tells him she does think he's charming afterall. :tissues:

I think most people like good endings. We have too much bad going on in the world not to. But, hey, that's just me.

D

Delene,

what can I say? That's my kind of ending. Thanks for writing it. :kisswink:

I also prefer the alternative ending. I like to think that love for Lara made Terry change his ways. This bitch on wheels is really a romantic at heart.

Also, I've toyed with the idea of writing a story that links Dear Frankie and TR2. It's been proposed (not my original idea) that the Stranger left Glasgow and became Terry Sheridan. :lol: So in my story, he wouldn't die at the end either, and be resurrected by the Cradle of Life and return to Frankie and Lizzie. :D I like that version the best.

There is a whole thread somewhere here on the site dedicated to the proposition that Terry Sheridan is The Stranger, only the other way around (that Terry became The Stranger, not that The Stranger became Terry). Afterall he died in "the Cradle of Life" so maybe he didn't really die and when he was given a second chance he decided to become a good guy, but kind of anonymous (though he is Marie's brother, afterall).

There is a whole thread somewhere here on the site dedicated to the proposition that Terry Sheridan is The Stranger, only the other way around (that Terry became The Stranger, not that The Stranger became Terry). Afterall he died in "the Cradle of Life" so maybe he didn't really die and when he was given a second chance he decided to become a good guy, but kind of anonymous (though he is Marie's brother, afterall).

I love this idea so much!!! :wuv: Someone has GOT to write it!!

I remember Lara saying that eveything comes in pairs, pleasure and pain, men and women, good and evil. Something like that. I think in keeping with that premise is why they choose to leave Terry the "bad" and Lara would of course be the good. Opposite sides of the same coin.

D

UM......WHAT? Terry as the Stranger...The Stranger as Terry or is Terry???????????? I'm confused ...how's that gonna come about. I mean not that I would be against it cause I'd like to see both of them come back...I've always wanted to see a sequel to DF but never thought of it for LCTR...Figured the bad boy was DEAD!

:wave: Frannie

UM......WHAT? Terry as the Stranger...The Stranger as Terry or is Terry???????????? I'm confused ...how's that gonna come about. I mean not that I would be against it cause I'd like to see both of them come back...I've always wanted to see a sequel to DF but never thought of it for LCTR...Figured the bad boy was DEAD!

The "premise" is that when The Stranger left Glasgow, he became a baddie and turned into Terry Sheridan and did all that stuff with and without Lara. Then afterwards, since the Cradle of Life has a life force and power, it actually brought him back to life (after Lara was gone) and he then returns to his previous good ways and goes back to Lizzie.

I like it .... very romantic.

The "premise" is that when The Stranger left Glasgow, he became a baddie and turned into Terry Sheridan and did all that stuff with and without Lara. Then afterwards, since the Cradle of Life has a life force and power, it actually brought him back to life (after Lara was gone) and he then returns to his previous good ways and goes back to Lizzie.

I like it .... very romantic.

Does the fact that he was a Marine in the Royal Services fit in to your scenario? Remember he was a Marine turned mercenary.

D

:yay: Okay sounds good to me! Now how do we make this happen????????????????????????????? :cunning:

:yay: Okay sounds good to me! Now how do we make this happen????????????????????????????? :cunning:

GBPhanatic wrote; May, I thought about that too! He was left there in the "cradle of life" so why couldn't he be resurrected? Angie says she won't do another. They are looking at Kira Knightly. Not the same

Well there was a petition a few years back for another Tomb Raider and they agreed that it would happen....but then Angelina got preggers then married Pitt and became an anorexic globe trotting Saint adopting kids like some people buy shoes....Sorry about that; I loved her as Lara and you are right it would not be the same without Gerry as Terry and you know who as Lara. But believe it or not; the petition did start them "thinking" about it again.

On another note; they need to wake up Dracula; seriously....

Edited by may

Did they ever mention Marie's last name in DF? How do we know all the Marines, naughty boy toy for Laura, Cradle of Life stuff didn't happen before he became the Stranger? It never said his name at all. It coulda been Terry. He coulda come back to Frankie and Lizzie after that last cruise, opened a little travel agency in Glasgow and they all lived happily ever after with grandma. Terry and Lizzie did so well in the travel business, they were able to have surgery done to restore Frankie's hearing and today he is a rock star currently planning a world tour! Terry plays guitar in the band and acts as back ground singer for his adopted kid! It coulda happened! I'm just sayin'!

Suzie

I love you Suzie! Frankie as a rock star after having surgery to repair his hearing. Pure dead brilliant (as they say in Glasgow)!

Frannie - the way WE make it happen is via fan fiction. I don't think it is REALLY going to happen ever since Andrea and Shona really never want a sequel to DF. But in the world of fan fiction writers can make ANYTHING happen.

Did they ever mention Marie's last name in DF? How do we know all the Marines, naughty boy toy for Laura, Cradle of Life stuff didn't happen before he became the Stranger? It never said his name at all. It coulda been Terry. He coulda come back to Frankie and Lizzie after that last cruise, opened a little travel agency in Glasgow and they all lived happily ever after with grandma. Terry and Lizzie did so well in the travel business, they were able to have surgery done to restore Frankie's hearing and today he is a rock star currently planning a world tour! Terry plays guitar in the band and acts as back ground singer for his adopted kid! It coulda happened! I'm just sayin'!

Suzie

:lol: That's cute! I like it more dangerous, though ... giving him that secret life in between. Like, where did he go when he left? What did he do? That's when we can write him coming back and enjoy your scenario. I love the idea of Frankie being a rock star. That's really cute.

We could all collaborate on this and write a piece of it! :lol:

Lisa, don't forget we have to update news on Marie. She closed the chip shop and dumped the hard drinking boyfriend. She and her sister in law, Lizzie, expand the travel agency, add a gourmet coffee shoppe and open branches all over Scotland where Marie soon attracts the attention of some very attractive politicians. She decides to get into politics herself (because she can sell anything!) and becomes the first lady mayor of Glasgow (do they have mayors in Glasgow?) Either that or she becomes an astronaut! Whadaya think?

Suzie

Lisa, don't forget we have to update news on Marie. She closed the chip shop and dumped the hard drinking boyfriend. She and her sister in law, Lizzie, expand the travel agency, add a gourmet coffee shoppe and open branches all over Scotland where Marie soon attracts the attention of some very attractive politicians. She decides to get into politics herself (because she can sell anything!) and becomes the first lady mayor of Glasgow (do they have mayors in Glasgow?) Either that or she becomes an astronaut! Whadaya think?

Suzie

I think you have a GREAT imagination and should write stories! Sounds like a wonderful way to continue the tale ... I'm so impressed.

:D

OMG! I'm loving your scenarios galfriends...Not really good at writing fan faction but I'm good at reading it so keep the stories coming. When I was an "Angel" (you know the other site) we did have a contest for the best idea for an ending to DF! I even entered but really don't think I even came in the running....told ya I couldn't write fanfic but it was fun!