Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Okay, don't know if anyone can help me, but I hope so.

I lost my "icons" at the top of my internet "page" on my laptop. I don't know what I might have hit wrong but it's been a few days and I just tried some things to try to fix it but I really don't know how

All I have left is the green arrow "BACK" button. The forward arrow button is gone, along with Home, Refresh, Favorites, History, Print, etc. Even the look-up/address bar and "GO" button are gone!! :tantrum:

(I REALLY miss working in an established business big enough to have an IT department!! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum: ) For some reason these guys were always my buddies and I miss them!

It has to do something with the settings. Unfortunately I am home sick right now and my laptop is a MAC (thank God!), so I cannot check. It happened to me before.

I am sure that these very smart computer ladies here can help you out. Or google it.

I really wish you could send a picture of your screen and I could see what exactly is going on...Did you try putting your cursor on the arrow and pull back on it to see if you can pull back your icons?? Also you can pull directly down fronm the top of your page... :tantrum: I wish I could explain it better...Put your cursor on the top and see if you see little arrows and if so pull down on them ...you might have just hidden them!

:wave: Frannie

You could also try downloading a new toolbar. All of the search engines have their own tool bars, so you could maybe try one of those. I have the Google one.

:wave: Oh thanks Ladies, I think you all gave good ideas.

Frannie, I do know exactly what you are describing and I'll try it again.

Thanks also SUZIE, Andrea and Mrs C...I might just try a new tool bar/search engine...I'm just so paraniod about virus' and stuff.

And Suzie, there are so many times I want to use that ESCAPE button; even when I'm NOT on the computer! :kisswink:

Something funny:

Yesterday at the grocery store, the young boy ringing me up, showed me on my receipt that there was a listing of all the recently re-called cookie dough products...and I said, "Oh, I'm okay. I don't do cookie dough", and he said "It knows what you've bought (because of my card), so even if you bought it awhile ago it's gonna show up on your receipt".

And then he said "so if you start feeling feverish, come back and see me"!! :lmao:

I think I blushed...

Edited by Attila Girl

:pant: Nancy, was he cute? :funnyup: BTW, the toolbar may just be hiding, try right-clicking on the existing one and see if it gives you the option to add toolbars.

Fran: so wonderful about your daughter. I hope she continues to do well. :cheer:

Sue: I thought that was Joaquin Phoenix for a second! :omg2: I'm glad B2 is doing so well.

Only 2 1/2 days until we leave for Vegas! See some of you there!

Mousie :wuv:

Sue: I thought that was Joaquin Phoenix for a second! :omg2: I'm glad B2 is doing so well.

:funnyup: oh Mousie, I will have to tell my son you said that...he loves Joaquin as an actor...as a matter of fact, he is one of Bryan's favorite actors but Bryan's ex wife used to always say that Bryan looked like Joaquin and my son thought she was crazy...lol

hugs,

Sue

Ok I'm behind again, Hello Everyone! :wave:

Frannie, your daughter is so beautiful in that red dress..........can I borrow it sometime?and what a wonderful story, :wuv: brave Mama too!

Sue am I all at sea here? What is wrong with my little B2 that you didn't tell me? Sorry if you did by email when I think even God was blocked and deleted by this 'puter, safety?

Oh no got to run, visitors,

be back later,

hugs,

Anna x

Thank you Galfriend....I don't get here as often as I would like but I love it when I do that I see my friend Anna!!

BTW....I'm PM'ing you!

:wave: Oh thanks Ladies, I think you all gave good ideas.

Frannie, I do know exactly what you are describing and I'll try it again.

Thanks also SUZIE, Andrea and Mrs C...I might just try a new tool bar/search engine...I'm just so paraniod about virus' and stuff.

And Suzie, there are so many times I want to use that ESCAPE button; even when I'm NOT on the computer! :kisswink:

Something funny:

Yesterday at the grocery store, the young boy ringing me up, showed me on my receipt that there was a listing of all the recently re-called cookie dough products...and I said, "Oh, I'm okay. I don't do cookie dough", and he said "It knows what you've bought (because of my card), so even if you bought it awhile ago it's gonna show up on your receipt".

And then he said "so if you start feeling feverish, come back and see me"!! :lmao:

I think I blushed...

:funnyup: :funnyup: :funnyup: :funnyup:

Hello Irish...good to see you too!

:pant: Nancy, was he cute? :funnyup: BTW, the toolbar may just be hiding, try right-clicking on the existing one and see if it gives you the option to add toolbars.

Fran: so wonderful about your daughter. I hope she continues to do well. :cheer:

Only 2 1/2 days until we leave for Vegas! See some of you there!

Hey Mousie...thanks Sweetie for your comments about Deb...With all the positive vibes from my Gals ...she can't miss!!

Have a great time In Vegas....soooo wish I could be there! ;)

:wave: everyone! I just worked my last shift until after I return from Vegas. Woo hoo! I have tons of things to do! Good Sport, Erin, Suzie and I are leaving on the same flight on Thursday. I have all the laundry done, but none of the packing. I have no place to lay clothes or suitcases out since I have no guest bedroom. If I lay things out on the floor the cats lie down on them! Anyway, I know it will all get done and we'll have a great time with our fanmily! I wish all my girlies could be there! :drink:

Hugs to all!

Elissa, I hope you all have a terrific time!!!!

hugs,

Sue

Oh I wish I could go to Vegas!!! :tantrum:

MOUSIE, Yes he was cute, but very young, so it caught me off guard. It was busy at the store, and I saw a man two customers back in line and he was laughing.

Something sad:

This morning my most favorite little doggie at work went to a better place. She was so sweet, I just loved her, but she had been coming to the hospital just about everyday for 6 weeks. To get SubQ fluids, and forced-feeding. She just didn't seem to want to eat. Sometimes her owners would bring her in the morning and leave her with us all day, and I always talked to her and checked on her.

I was afraid I wouldn't get to be there if they made the decision, and I thought they were going to do it a week ago. But when it came down to it, her family stayed with her and they were so upset, the dad and two college-aged girls. It broke my heart. She was 14 years old so she had a good life. And she only had one eye so she was a little fighter...she lost it trying to get thru a chain-link fence years ago. She was a little orange powder-puff Pomeranian, so sweet.

Hope everyone has a blast in Vegas!! I don't even know what Gerry's up to these days, but it looks like there's new pix! Just can't wait to see THE UGLY TRUTH. :wuv:

Nancy xoxo

Stopping by to say Hi...things have been really busy lately.So sorry I haven't been around much. Sue, my boys are on a special diet too,they are gluten and milk free and they are thriving,it really does help when kids eat what they should and don't eat what they shouldn't.

:wave: That's awesome Andrea.

They say Humans are the only creatures who keep drinking milk AFTER they've been weaned!! :spit:

I heard about a book for a gluten-free way of living and I want to look it up and buy it. I think it would help me alot with some of my health issues, if not all of them.

Andrea, that is what my B2 has been put on ... gluten and caisen (sp? but it's all dairy) free diet. They are finding that in 80% of children with ADD, Autism, etc are significantly improved when you take dairy and gluten out of their diets. I am learning so much about this stuff...it's mind boggling!!!

Nancy, it would sure be worth a try hon!

hugs,

Sue

Bon Voyage Galfriends off to Vegas!

Am I jealous? Heck I am green with envy!.......one day I will get there!

Nancy so moved to hear your little doggy friend was loved right up to the end...and beyond, :wuv:

And Sue the diet sounds just right for B2, myself I always believe that fresh food free from additives etc is beneficial for all, just don't trust anyone so if I am out to eat I order foods that take little preparation.

I must go have a quick peep around the boards and answer some pm's.......early night again I'm afraid,worn out and weary again,just 'old age' creeping up! I'm so vain that when someone told me I looked younger with shorter hair I went for the 'chop' again! :yay: It's so cool in the heat.

Take care Galfriends,

big hugs to all,

Anna X

Hi. Good Luck to all heading out to the Convention. Take lots of pictures. I am going to try and enjoy Virtual Con. I am still not well. Beginning to wonder if I will ever be. Hubby and I both have to go back to the doctor. I am trying to write my little Ghettofabulous Redneck version of the ending of Dear Frankie. I am too tired to read through the thread, but know I am still praying. I love you all.

God Bless,

Tracy

P.S. Please forgive my favoritism, but I have to shout out to my dear Peggy. She was my very first GalFriend!!! :kiss:

I hope everyone is having fun in Vegas!!

It is HOT here in Florida. I wanna move....anywhere that is cold. The pool temp was 90 and it still felt great, because the air is in the triple digits. July is gonna SUCK!!!

Oh my, my son is about to land in the next few minutes in Orlando....that hot huh? yuck

We are having a miserable start to summer here in Southern Texas. We've had triple digit temps for days, and the trend is expected to continue. If I have to put up with 104*, it may as well be in Vegas! At least there, we won't have humidity!

Ready to get out of here first thing in the morning and will meet Elissa and her family at the airport. Vegas awaits. We both will be taking lots of pictures and I promise to post anything that makes me look good! (There will be many pictures that will never see the light of day! LOL!!)

Before we leave, I have to add this. Months ago, Elissa announced she was going to lose 40 pounds before Vegas. She went on a very healthy program, did light exercise and made that goal. She looks wonderful and feels so full of energy. I am verra proud of my friend! Well done, Elissa!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Suzie

i haven't been around here in a long time, but i still adore His Royal Hotness... :wuv:

A shout out to any of my old friends...long time, no see! :wave::kiss:

And i hope that all of the Gals going to Vegas have a GREAT time!!! :wow2:

As for hot...it is so hot and humid in Indiana that i spent most of the day in my panties and a wet t-shirt in front of a fan!!! :heat:

We are having a miserable start to summer here in Southern Texas. We've had triple digit temps for days, and the trend is expected to continue. If I have to put up with 104*, it may as well be in Vegas! At least there, we won't have humidity!

Ready to get out of here first thing in the morning and will meet Elissa and her family at the airport. Vegas awaits. We both will be taking lots of pictures and I promise to post anything that makes me look good! (There will be many pictures that will never see the light of day! LOL!!)

Before we leave, I have to add this. Months ago, Elissa announced she was going to lose 40 pounds before Vegas. She went on a very healthy program, did light exercise and made that goal. She looks wonderful and feels so full of energy. I am verra proud of my friend! Well done, Elissa!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Suzie

Elissa, way to go woman!!! :tantrum: why can't I get my fat arse in gear and do the same...maybe you will inspire me!!!

:wave: Kimbo, welcome back!

hugs,

Sue

Edited by irish

Congratulations Elissa...I applaud you Sweetie. I'm so mad at myself and when I get this way I eat everything that's not nailed down...

To all you lucky Gals in vegas...Think of "us"....think of "us" fondly!! :cunning: but have a supergerrylicious time!

Edited by ladyfran

May I add my best "bon voyage" to those heading out to Vegas! And I must add my congrats

to Elissa for making her weight goal before the trip!! It seems that most of the major diet plans

advocate natural foods as we really weren't made to ingest all the chemicals we eat regularly.

(Now if I can only convince myself to do this.) That, and get more exercise (which I also detest.)

Here in Oregon, we really haven't had a hot spell, yet. Very comfortable in the 70's and still much

like late Spring. Actually our summer comes on more the middle of July and then lasts through

September. I don't envy those of you with the three digit highs--I have to go into hibernation when

we get the rare 'hot spell' here.

Hugs to all,

Judy