Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Congratulations to Elissa!

And just incase you don't recognise her in the Vegas pictures here is the new Elissa,

Posted Image

Take care Galfriends, see you all at the Virtual Con!

hugs,

Anna X

Thanks, everyone, but my buddy Suzie jumped the gun a little. I actually am still 3 pounds away from my goal of loss of 42 pounds. I gained .5 pound this week, but the chips and queso I had for lunch yesterday were yummy! Believe, me, when I do hit that magic 130pound mark you'll hear me shout all the way from San Antonio! :p

Hello you lovely ladies sorry to break the chain for the moment but I think it's time we remember a certain music legend *even if he was weird* whom has died today.

From teaching us our numbers and letters with his brothers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOXG8wtxx_w

To creating the GREATEST album in history

To making other great music videos such as this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI9OYMRwN1Q

He will always be known as the king of pop...and may his soul rest in peace.

Paige :wave:

OMG Paige, I hadn't heard that until you posted it. Poor Michael...I always felt he wasn't made for this world...and I mean that in the most kind and loving way...he always reminded me of that song about Vincent Van Gogh (can't think of the title) .... "this world wasn't made for someone as beautiful as you"....

I'm sad.

hugs,

Sue

Even though he did some things that got him in trouble..I only remembered him for the greatest music that I admit I listen to. I admit...I listen to Michael's music and am a fan. And as I stated on another board..the guy was a genius when it came to music..albums like Thriller..were PURE GENIUS.

And Sue I agree..the guy had a great heart..and one that came from a hard past as well.

Heard about Michael. May he Rest in Peace. (even tho he did go a bit off his rocker at the end). I heard he was supposed to give his last concert this summer... It's a pity he didn't make it. Or did he? I'm not sure. I wasn't around when Elvis died, but I imagine it felt quite similar. Probably even more tragic, as The King was performing up until the last days. MJ hasn't really been around that much lately... But still. The King of Pop is dead. May he rest in peace.

I hope all the GALS in Vegas are having a blast!! Someday I WILL join you lot there... (when I'm old enough. gah).

The job hunt continues here in Happy Valley. Gah. At this rate I'll be lucky to find anything before I leave for school again. IF I leave for school again... If I never get a job...I might not be able to go back!! And that would SUCK.

All righty, signing off. Ciao!

Amber

I was also shocked and saddened that MJ passed away at only 50yrs. I feel sad for his young children. Like some of the rest of you, I wasn't a huge fan, but I did appreciate his talent, and

I think he had a kind and gentle soul, even if he was a bit "messed up." It is a sad day. Farah

Fawcett also passed after her long and gallant battle with her cancer. May they rest in peace.

Hugs,

Judy

Edited by mommaduck

I have to say ... I was a HUGE Michael Jackson fan years ago...and I still think he had more talent in his llittle finger than the majority of people on the planet have in their whole bodies...I always felt that he really lived a hard life. I too feel so sorry for his children ...

Hello ladies one and all! I've been gone about two weeks visiting family in PA --- and the love of my life --- (ok, I know, I shouldn't say that but HE IS)....my 8 year old nephew (please forgive me Gerry --- and be understanding).......but being AUNT! is most likely the joy of my life.

Birthday hugs to Anna, MANY MANY hugs to Mrs. C -- goodness, what a year, HUGS and ENJOY! to all those in Vegas this coming weekend, howdy to my buddy Jobella, AND

SPECIAL HUGS to that great lady and amazing friend, SUE! I have pix to share and good news too! I'd love to catch up with you for coffee etc -- if we can get past these potential thunder bumpers round here!

Love to you all and many, many hugs. I remember joining this weekend 3 years ago -- and I couldn't understand all this stuff about a convention etc....also thought it was a mighty slow board....

and by Monday the GALS were back with tales of an actual GERRY SIGHTING (well, I'd call it a slobbering!!! if ya'll could have gotten that close!). From the energy and the excitement I was hooked from then on.

I'm mighty glad to be celebrating 3 years with GALS (and 2 conventions --- and let's talk about NEXT YEAR NOW!!!!)

Jill

Here's to next years girls!

Hello, ladies! Just got home from a Christian concert and I had a blast! We have Emerge conference for the whole week and I'm involve in a ministry.

Anyway, I was sharing earlier in the thread how much we are going to miss Michael Jackson and that I'll be praying for the family. I've visited a blog for MJ this morning as soon as I heard the news and some people are just terrible with their judgemental attitude. MJ is an Icon and a legend.

For those who went to Vegas, have a blast! I'll see if I could go next year depending on my work schedule.

Elissa--good job and congratulations!!

Happy Friday my friends...Fish fry day...hope to see you at the Bar! :p

Yesterday was a very sad day all around...FF and MJ! I wasn't a fan of MJ's but I did appreciate his incredible talent! he's in the hands of our maker now and may all his heartache and troubles be laid to rest at last! :hearts:

I also feel so sorry for the family and friends of FF! Although we knew she suffered for quite some time ..her suffering is no more! God Bless her and those she temporarily left behind! :hearts:

Another hot and steamy day in NC! Looks like we may have a summer storm later today...hopefully but not likely it will cool it off! :p

I MISS MY POOL!!!! ;)

Probably won't be on much today as it's a week-end and all depends what's going on at the Bar! Some Fri. we have Karaoke...I'm always waiting for this special "Guy" that we all know and love ...that loves to sing Karaoke to show up!! :cunning: Yeah...like that's ever gonna happen!

Well Galfriends...going to check out the site a wee bit.

Have a wonderful and safe week-end..

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} Frannie

Morning ladies..I am still a bit sad after hearing what happened to FF and MJ. I was going through some of the stuff that my fave band The 69 Eyes was doing and found on their mobile blog a tribute to Michael and thought it was really sweet.

You can read it here.

http://www.royalartistclub.com/69Eyes/2009/6/26/6636.aspx

I loved how they put the last shot of Thriller *when Michael is smiling with the yellow eyes* and said "THE KING IS GONE!"

Just wishing everyone a great weekend!

The weather is perfect over here and I'm going to go enjoy it :)

hugs and kisses xoxo

Evening ladies! Wow -- what a day to drive down the valley to SAcramento. I heard about FF about the Williams area and by the time I'd reached Sacramento - they were reporting MJ. HOly heck the radios coverage was NUTS.

I have had an MJ song stuck in my head all day "Gone too Soon" it was beautiful and lovely and very unlike the things he was doing in the late 80's...but showcased his amazing voice. I think my very very favorite song from my childhood (junior high == since I am 3 years older than MJ) -- was I"ll Be There....I'll Be There...just call my name, and I"ll be there......

I remember sitting in the sweeping staircase at the junior high in Vallejo with a bunch of gal friends (even had them then!) and singing it so we could take advantage of the amazing acoustics. It was something else. The teacher on duty told us the only reason she wasn't kicking us out was it sounded beautiful AND she could tell me were all singing and not messing around because of the way it echoed around the halls! A great memory from the day.

You bet JObella! Next year --- Book it Dano! Hear that Sue?

Have fun all the ladies who are in VEgas. Wish I was there too --- I've loved every minute the past 2 years when I was there..... Jill

Edited by auntm

Hi gals!! :wave:

Bet they're having fun in VEGAS tonight!! I wonder what last night was:

The Phantom? :phantom2:

Chippendales?? :embarassed:

or The Thunder From Down Under??? :cunning:

I was/am looking forward to the Virtual Con, but just tried the link and it was not able to show the page for me at this time...will try maybe tomorrow if I don't have a limo run.

I volunteered for the 2009 DAWG Walk, (Dedicated Animal Welfare Group). They have a Dog fair at the park across from out vet office. I heard I have to be at our booth by 7AM!! Oh my...what was I thinking!!? :doh:

Must get to bed now. Won't get to stay up long enough to chat with Anna. Goodnight ladies!! And Good Morning ANNA!!

Nancy

Nancy, have you seen the videos yet that are up for the contest in Vegas. I can't remember if it was Rezz's or Mel's...but one of them has a picture of you and Gerry and someone else...I can't remember who but I recognize you and you look soooooo pretty woman!!!

:wave: Post the picture please someone, I would love to see it, pretty please!

I stayed up last night but was totally confused by the time zones, I thought it was time for the Dear Frankie movie and wondered why I couldn't find it.

More coffee over here in this corner pleeease, :kiss:

hugs,

Anna X

Mornin Gals! I was up most of the night doing a Relay For Life walk. 6PM until 6AM....I have had three different cancers in my life and thought it was time I give back to the American Cancer Society. I am fine, now, but one day, you never know.

Anyway! Back to our Hot Scot, Gerry! Hope you are all enjoying Vegas and we are looking forward to hearing all about it!

Nancy, have you seen the videos yet that are up for the contest in Vegas. I can't remember if it was Rezz's or Mel's...but one of them has a picture of you and Gerry and someone else...I can't remember who but I recognize you and you look soooooo pretty woman!!!

Me & Gerry? Are we decent??? :lmao:

YES...but you are so beautiful Nancy...and this picture shows it woman!!!! I could just HOPE to look half as good in a picture of me and Ger...lol. Soooo I'm sure you have THE picture...will you post it here pretty please...come on!!

love,

Sue

I thought I would come here tonigh ..or should I say this morning here on the East coast! First I want to congratulate Tish for winning the poster in the silent auction... I tried my best ...but unfortunately I couldn't get back here in time to bid....

I'm sad and in shock right now because when I got to the bar we got a few phone calls telling us that John ....our good friend (actually like a son to us) and bartender was in a bad accident. He was at the bar all day because he ran the horse shoe tournaments and we had one today.... anyway he was drinking Ice Tea as he was on pain meds because he had a bad knee and he blew it our earlier ...oh I'm just rattling on right now ...but to make a long story short ...he was in a bad accident and he did not make it! I just can't believe it and all our customers are in shock too...everyone loved him...as I said before he was like a son to us....everyone called him John Wheeler and he would yell at them but he would always laugh about it....I think I just have to talk to someone...Bobby is in bed and sleeping....I know this is going to hit him tomorrow because John always works on Sundays for race day... I honestly don't know why I'm babbling except that I can't stop crying and my heart hurts... I'm sorry ...I don't mean to bring anybody down but I just wanted to talk to someone...I know of all places that I can go this is the place!

Thanks for reading,

{{{HUGS}}} Frannie

Dear Frannie, I cannot believe it. I feel so bad for you and wish I could give you a BIG comforting hug right now! So sorry to hear this. I bet you feel in shock.

Please try to get to sleep. I'm just off to bed right now myself, so I'll say a prayer for your comfort and for John's family & friends as well. So sad to hear.

Love to you always,

Nancy

Oh Frannie, I am so very sorry my sweet friend. I will say a prayer for John's family and for you and Bobby...I'm sure his loss is going to be very hard on you two. Like Nancy said, I wish I could be there to give you a big hug and let you cry on my shoulder....