Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

Reports from Vegas

We had our "informal" dinner tonight. It was a LOVELY evening comprised of dinner, dancing and drooling! Dayna and Jenni acknowledged various people for their efforts in pulling this thing together; Katie (Songbird) did a stirring, encore performance of "I did it anyway"; KB (TheBlonde) conducted the Video Voting (it was a hard decision!), along with acknowledging gals living The Motto. (A bunch of weepy gals gathered at the stage for group hugs). Fergie took lots of pictures as our "official photographer" and will have lots to post soon, I'm sure. Right as I was about to begin my "stand up," Dayna asked if I would mind an "interruption." Of course, knowing Dayna would only "interrupt" for something fantastic, I gladly stepped aside as we all listened to a "Skype call" from Gerry. (I'm guessing it was a good 3-4 minutes long).

It was his usual self-depracating fare (indicating how he still can't believe we'd want to "have a convention with his name in it," but then went on to say how he knew we'd have fun because we'd be watching movies with him in them. :rotflmao: ) He continued with wishing us all well, congratulating us on our fundraising efforts, and thanking us for our continued support. He commented about "working his little butt cheeks off" for us so that we would have a bunch of movies to see in the future. Of course, it's this kind of stuff that makes him so endearing!! (Mel promises to get the audio into the multi-media section ASAP; Katie and I are already planning our attack on transcribing the thing. (He actually sounded a wee bit nairvous and rambles a bit. NO COMPLAINTS as it made for a GRAND "ear feckin." :cunning: )

We don't have as many attendees as years past, simply due to the economy. However, it makes for a very "intimate" setting and everyone does feel truly "connected." Personally, I'm having a great time, especially now that I'm not walking around wondering what I'm going to say for my stand-up. :p Of course, doing stand-up AFTER Gerard Butler calls makes for an "easy gig." :lmao:

I continued to have technical difficulties, so we didn't have any live streaming for the virtual con. I hope to get matters resolved tonight. I'm off to update software, etc. We'll be touring the Shade Tree in the morning, then a break before Dear Frankie. I hope to be streaming for tomorrow's big gala. *crosses fingers* (I'm givin' it all she's got!)

Gerry, if you're out there reading, :thankyou: for once again, giving many of us memories to last a lifetime. To you it may be just a call, but to us, it's a gift we won't soon forget. You may be "a bit of a f*ck up," but you're OUR f*ck up! :kisswink: Your continued generosity towards your fanbase, makes it such a pleasure to reciprocate the support. I wish you could have been in the room after the video contest and your call. I think you would have been touched as well as proud. Prayers of peace, happiness and "gratifying success" for you. I'm proud to be a GAL.

:hugs: y'all!

Hol

Thank you so much for keeping us updated!!!!! :wave::wave::wave:

He is such a wonderful man!!! I cannot wait to hear/see his call!!! I wish you - and him, especially - all the best, not only for this weekend!!! :pointy::pointy::pointy:

:wuv: Amen Sister! Galfriends, he never ceases to amaze that he has the time and inclination to reach out to his fans. Bless him.

hugs,

Anna X

Sorry Holly forgot my manners.......Thank you so much. :kiss:

Edited by Anna

Thanks for the update Holly and I am so there with you all in spirit.

Gerry was gracious enough to call us last year so this is wonderful he has taken time out of his hectic filming schedule to do it again. The thing is he does not have to do this but he wants to which makes him a class act in my book and like you said it is special and unique to the fans that makes us feel we are connected with him. We "get" him and he "gets" us. :yay::wuv: :wuv: :wuv:

Have a ball tonight Gals.

Hugs

Moira

Holly,

thank you so much for updating us on everything!!! I'm so glad he called you guys, I'm also pleased that everyone is having such a wonderful time! :wuv:

Much love to all of you. Take care of yourselves and have a blast. Gerry's call sounded like a hoot and a half.

Love,

Tracy

Cannot wait to hear it!!!

I'm crying like a big baby! It means so much that he takes the time to call. It means so much that each year, no matter how large or small the group, our GALS fanmily gathers in his name, to do good things for charity, and to share our common love for him and for each other.

Thanks you so much Holly, for being our eyes and ears at the convention. I can't wait to the the pics and hear the stories! Love you GALS!

Swannie

Thanks so much for this update! I'm so thrilled that he did this! This is only my first year with GALS and I couldn't make the trip to Vegas this year, but hopefully will be able to attend another year or at some other get together.

Gerry is truly a wonderful man! It does make me a little emotional thinking about him making this call for GALS. I'm so looking forward to hearing it and the more nairvous and jabbery he is, the better! That's how he rolls and that's why I/we love him!

You all have a great time and I'm so jealous!

And thanks, Gerry, for just being you!

Love,

Delene

:claphands:

Ooooo! :whoa:

*runs off to try to convert audio file*

Can't wait to hear it! Thanks for the update. It would have been nice to be there in person to hear the call. I bet ya'll could have heard a pin drop in the room as everyone listened.

Ya'll are up WAY too early as I read time stamps.LOL!

Thanks Holly!

Thanks Holly for your dedicated effort into helping us that can't be there be part of the happenings and fun of the convention!! All of you guys are the greatest! As for Gerry's call...well lets face it...that's why we love him so! :wuv: I can't wait to hear his cute little giggle....I bet he did right? :cunning: Looking forward to being part of the "party" tonight if I can get home early enough from the bar! Hope you all have the time of your lives tonight!

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

You'd think after all his years of acting, he'd be more comfortable talking to people. NOPE! He's still that sweet boy from Scotland who gets nervous & a wee bit tongue tied talking to the girlies. giggle If he's lasted this long without losing all his "innocence" to stardom, I believe he's never going to lose it. SMILE!! I don't care how rough, tough, rugged & "hard arse" he may look, he IS a big, cuddly bear, even with that deep growling voice. Think about it...why get married when he has all his girlies right there, always got his back & caring for him no matter how sh*tty things get. He knows where to get what we all truly want...Love & Respect. Unconditionally. You GALS that have been married to the same man for a number of years know what I'm saying. He has to know he has that with his girlies. I may not KNOW him, but in this fact I have no doubt. He knows we're going to treat him with that type of love & respect. That has got to be giving him a deep, warm, reassuring feeling each time he hears what we're up to on this site. Not the other sites... THIS SITE!!! I read here somewhere, that he claimed if we knew some of the things he had done in the past, that we'd be questioning our loyalties to him. You know......you forgive & forget those kind of things when you come to realize that the person...the real person deep, down inside, is truly good. We all fook up one or more times in our lives, does that make us truly bad people? I'm confident in my mind that what happened in Mr. G's past may be bad or awful, but you know, it was a small step toward helping him to be the REAL MAN we occasionally get to glimpse today. It's actions like these ( taking time to make a call to his fans/friends at a convention bearing his name ) that shows us a just a wee peek behind the facade that's been created around him. He just a man who happens to appeal to a number of people at the moment. If may last for years & years, or it may end in just a few. But, he's still going to be the same man either way it goes. IMHO, he's one of a rare breed that's not so prevalant in his like of work these days...an honest to goodness, down to earth, considerate, respectful person. His Mum sure did raise him right!! She should be proud of herself! Oh..did I mention incredibly humble ( that's the trait I've come to respect about him over the years I've known of him. )

Okay...I've had me say!!

Lucky GALS!! I for one am GREEN with envy over not being there to hear his voice.

Hugs!!

The Divine Miss S :rose:

I would like to say that when a man is "nervous" and chatty with a woman, he's in awe of her! We obviously have that affect on him because he seems pretty confident and quick witted when he's interviewed or put on the spot normally. I don't know how he was the year he actually showed up to the convention and maybe he performs differently in front of a live audience that he can see their responses to him, but the thought of him seeming a little discombobulated when he spoke is endearing and adorable and actually very sexy! I can't wait to hear it!

Again, thanks to all you lucky GALS who got to go and hear his voice first hand and, of course, to our lovely Gerry! :wuv: I love it that he says he's working hard to GIVE US more movies to go see! Don't ya just want to eat him up? :cunning:

Delene

Holly, thanks so much for taking the time to share everything that's happening in Vegas. I know we all wish we could be there, as well.

Gerry............I'm not going to repeat what others have said so well. I just want to thank you for the person you are and for working so hard.............well..........for us.

We love you............BE HAPPY!

Ren

Thats our boy! Can't wait to hear the audio!

*stumbles bleary-eyed into thread* Mornin'! Thank you Spotty for posting a great update! Not much to add except ditto... and that Spotty's stand-up act was flippin' awesome :bounce: I did take video of it and shall post in on the site verrra soon!! Along with Songbird's beautiful rendition of "Anyway"!

And now I think I must snuggle back into my still-warm comforter....

~Mel

:wuv:

What else can I add? I was there last year when he called and I remember how in awe and special I felt then. I can imagine how the GALS who are there for the first time this year felt at hearing the phone call. He is an amazing man and I am so proud to be member of GALS. Quick question ... if it was a Skype call was it an interactive conversation or just Gerry leaving a message?

Holly, I can't wait to hear/see your stand up. Last year I was rolling, and I still quote your pipe cleaner story.

Katie, you brought me to tears last year with your song, and I'm looking forward to hearing your beautiful voice again in the video.

Barb and Mel, :yourock: for working so hard to make sure we here who couldn't attend get to feel like we're a part of the convention in spirit.

and ...

Gerry, if you do read these, THANK YOU for being you. For being the generous, considerate and beautiful man that you are. You must really care about us for you to take time out from your long day of filming to call the convention and make your fans' night like that. You never cease to amaze me, and you make it easy for us to proudly wear the badge of being your fan.

Lisa

Wow, thats our Gerry.

So sweet with a little edge

of naughty thrown in.

Thats why we love him so

much.

Thank you GALS for keeping

us all back home informed

as to whats going on.

Cant wait to hear the audio

and see all the pics.

Have Fun!!

Debbie

I'm soooo happy for you all

So jealous to not be there this year

So happy that I did hear his calls last year

And soooo very proud to be part of GALS for the friends, the friendships, and the ability to honor this amazing man. That he doesn't forget but actually takes time to remember --- that is why I came here......and then got to stay for the friends and friendship too. I feel very lucky to have found you all.

Thanks Gerry. Thanks Holly and Mel (and whoever I'm forgetting, sorry) for all you have done and do. Thanks Dayna for getting this group going.

We are all connected.

'10!

Gerry is truly a stand up guy! I loved reading about his phone call first thing this morning, thanks for sharing it with us.

I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face...

Gerry you're amazing!!

Holly, Posted Image so much for all that you are doing...I know YOU are working your little butt cheeks off for all of us back home so that we can enjoy this with all of you.

hugs,

Sue

How AWESOME is that?! LOVE ya Gerry! :wave:

Thanks Holly for the updates!

Thinking of you gals!

Cheers!

WOW! Thank all of you for reporting back to us at home how the convention is going. How awesome is THAT! Our Gerry calls and talks to everyone. He is so d@amn cute and sexy all at once! The man is a walking conudrum!

I wish I could have made it this year, but I don't think my husband would understand my obsession with another man and leaving him to run off to Vegas to play with other like-minded Gals! Maybe some day I can explain it to him! For now, I keep Gerry close in my heart and mind and dream about one day meeting this incredible human being, who claims he "is just a man". But boy o boy, what a man he is! :drool1:

Nice to see fame has not spoiled this man, and that he remains true to himself.