Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

Reports from Vegas

Thanks Holly for the update! It is so thrilling to be a part of this! Last year I was not a member of GALS but I was on the outside looking in wishing I could be in on it and I am so happy this year to be a real GAL and know that this came from Gerry for his GALS --of which I am now a proud member! :wuv:

Thanks Gerry! You wonderful guy, YOU! :whome2: ! Yes--YOU!

Lots of love,

Diane

What a swell guy! :wuv::hearts:

Mr. Butler never ceases to amaze me with HIS generous sprirt.

Thanks for the updates :yourock: and the privilege to hear

what all you lucky GALS got to experience first hand,

HIS unending appreciation of HIS fans. HE is our "field of dreams".

That's why I'm still a hard core GJB fan after more than ten years.

Hope the convention finishes off in grand style. :goodjob:

Wish I could be there more that I can say. :vegasbaby:

:igotgals:

:sword:

The posts in this thread are a beautiful reflection of the true meaning of GALS, I believe -- the admiration and respect for the ultimate reason for the site, Gerry Butler, as well as for each other, and the generosity and inclusiveness of GALS who are making the convention accessible to those of us who could not attend and taking the time to share their real time experiences with us.

That Gerry would call and express his appreciation for the ongoing support of this special group of women and for the good work they do in his name is further proof of the nature of the man that brings us all to GALS and keeps us here as members of his FANmily. I am so proud to be one of you.

So, thank you, Gerry for making all this possible and for continuing to show such warm generosity to your fans ... and thank you for working so hard to give us more ways to enjoy your work and your artistry.

And huge thanks to Dayna, Susan, Holly, Mel, Barb, Katie, KB, Stu, and on and on and on for proving that we ARE all connected.

:grouphug:

Connie

Edited by Constance

THANK YOU HOLLY for the updates. What a thrill to read Gerry actually called. I thought as time went on and since he is busy filming right now that he would not call this year. Gerry, I guess, still knows how much he is loved by all of us and took the time out to call. What a guy!! He is as many people have said, down to earth and a really nice man to everyone around him. No matter who they are. That's our guy and why we are loyal fans to him. I will be till the day I die!! Can't wait for the audio!! Thanks to all of you gals who are making this happen!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hey Spotty, Barb, and Mel... :wuv:

Spanks a lot for the updates...so glad everything is going well, and everyone is having fun!

:bow2: ...can't wait to hear the phone call!

Looking forward to more... :yourock:

Smooches :kiss: ,

kimbo

Just wanted to add my thanks the the GALS who are working so hard to make us "virtual -conners" feel like we're connected too.....having been there last year and remembering what it felt like when Gerry called, I can only imagine how some of the newcomers must ahve felt.....gerry is truelly such an angel to take the time year after year to let us know that he loves us too.......have fun tongith girls!!!!!!Can't wait for pics and updates and hopefully the live stream!!!!

What a wonderful treat.I am so happy for all the GALS in attendance.It doesn't surprise me he is so special and a sweetheart.When I asked him would he be going to the GAlS Convention this year He just stared at me and smiled maybe then he know he couldn't attend but he would come through some kind of way.I love him that was so endearing of him.I don't know what else to say.Maybe next year will be lucky number five!!!

Edited by dairyqueen

What a wonderful treat.I am so happy for all the GALS in attendance.It doesn't surprise me he is so special and a sweetheart.When I asked him would he be going to the GAlS Convention this year He just stared at me and smiled maybe then he know he couldn't attend but he would come through some kind of way.I love him that was so endearing of him.I don't know what else to say.Maybe next year will be lucky number five!!!

Thanks to everyone for making me feel like I am a part of this wonderful

experience.

I so wish I could be there with you. Maybe next year I will be able to

attend. I wanted to this year but finances just wouldn't allow.

I hope everyone there is having a FANTABULOUS time. I know you are.

Just being able to congregate to support our Gerry would be fun, no matter

what else goes on.

Thanks for sharing about his call. He is the ultimate performer and that's why

we all stay supportive and so in love with him. He is so kind and loving.

It is so special of him to take his time to acknowledge that he cares that we

care. What a sweet spirit he is.

Can't wait to hear the call. Love to hear his voice, but especially in this case.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

You all and Stu just rock. I watched some of the live stream. I was envying bragging on Dayna's figure. The pictures of Gerry in the back ground had me mesmerized even though I had seen them all before. I enjoyed seeing the GALs almost as much as Gerry as we are a family of sorts. I have made some friendships here that I hope last a lifetime. I suppose I should thank Erik then Gerry and especially Jessie that I was able to meet all of you.

I think Gerry really cares about his fans. Every interview where it is brought up; he is always so generous in admiration of his fans. It is nice to be a fan of someone who appreciates you.

I am not only Gerry's fan. I am a fan of a lot of Gals here and the ones I do not know I hope I can be friends with eventually.

I am really crazy about this place.

Love ya,

Tracy

Dayna,

Thank you for allowing those of us who couldn't make to the convention, all the fun and excitement everyone had. I know I really missed not being there, but I look forward to next year and would love to be apart and help.

Your the best Dayna.

Much love,

Sherrell/Bermos

I just want to give kudos for a great convention to Dayna, Jennifer, Katie, Susan, Libby, Mel, KB and any others I can't bring to mind at the moment (bear with me, it took me over 6 hrs to drive home from Vegas instead of the typical drive of 4 hours ... the traffic was horrendous and I am beat!!!!) The convention was a lot of fun and we raised a good deal of money for a most worthy charity; I was very touched by the Shade Tree tour. I know that we can do a lot of good for them. What a great group of women we are ... we came together because of our mutual admiration of the talented Gerry Butler and we wound up being friends and helping others. That makes me feel pretty darn good! Thanks ladies ... looking forward to next year.

Barbara :goodjob:

Edited by Beejay

HI Everybody!

I am soooo sorry I could not keep up with all the streaming and posts. It will be better if I am there next year. Our flood made soo much work for us, as I am sure some of my GALS totally know from personal experience and some who know because they are empathetic enough to understand the ramifications of the loss and devastation of personal, non-replaceable items. And having just had a heart attack and on new meds, I get tired very fast and have to rest. I don't like to stop when I am on a roll of doing anything. But that is not the way anymore. I so wanted to sit at the computer and live the weekend with all of our GALS! But at least I get to enjoy what has been posted and I truly thank you all for the opportunity to be able to share some moments with you.

I am soooo proud to belong to this group of phenominal women. Thank you for allowing me this privilege. Dayna and Barb and Holly and all mods and Susan~ too, are awesome women. Iam tuly honored.

Love Ya ALL Much,

Jo

I've posted pictures of the Shade Tree tour in that thread, and of the auction and raffle items in that thread so here are the last of my pictures - the ones of the beautiful decor and a really yummy dessert. All but the last one are from Friday night, then the last is the centerpiece on the head table for the gala Saturday night. Thanks KB and team for making the ballroom look so special. I know you had some outside help on Saturday, but your part was quite incredible.

click to enlarge

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Done with class, just like always! I'm sorry to have missed those decorations in person. Thanks for the pix, Susan!

Swannie

Gorgeous decorations, KB! Thanks for sharing that with us, Susan! Edited by phoenixgirl

The decor was KB's! Awesome creativity that one has!

Oh, the one with the Seahorses! It is so beautiful and so perfect for DF.

:goodjob: KB....thanks for sharing those Susan.

Yes, kudos KB!!

AND... nestled in tissue paper within those lovely beribboned Chinese boxes were Landa's exquisite cookies!! They were (nearly) too beautiful to eat!!

Thank you too Landa for your contribution to Friday night's loveliness!

:hugs:

Katie

Oh Susan~

The decorations are so beautiful and I know how much work went into all the preparations. Been there, done that for Weddings and party's when I was an event planner a looong time ago. So much has changed in the years, except all the work and caring that goes into the event. You GALS are awesome and so talented. Thanks for the beautiful pictures. I wish I could have been there. :tissues:

With any luck and as you all know that is not so good this year, I will be there next year. HOPE, HOPE, HOPE, HOPE!!!

I LOVE the pics of the GALS!!! Now I get to see some of the wonderful women that I have come to love and adore!!

Thank you so much!! :wuv:

Jo

Somebody please tell me that they took pictures of the cookies! In my hastiness to pack them and get them to Vegas, I forgot. *whomp, whomp*

Some wonderful photos of the convention are now being posted in the gallery. I just love seeing all the ladies! You all look so happy with big smiles! I must say, the decor for the We Are All Connected gala is outstanding! The colors, the use of fabric, the shells and fishbowls... absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

KB... You are the woman!

Swannie

I so agree ....WELL DONE KB! :throw: Everything including our Gals and pal :p were beautiful!!

:wave: Frannie

I noticed a few of the pics had that dreadful redeye and I took one to see if I could fix it...My redeye remover didn't seem to do it so I improvised and guessed what color eyes I thought these three lovelies have...hope you don't mind..

:wave: Frannie

\

Posted Image