Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

Gerry's call to Vegas Con: Transcript

This was a very special moment at the convention!

Thank you Gerry for taking a few minutes from your busy schedule to say hi!

We truely appreciate it. What a guy!

Cheryl

Thanks for working it out, Dayna. It will mean so much to the ladies who were not able to attend the con.

Swannie

I read the transcript to Jill and Issy while we were visiting Jill during Vegas weekend and I have to say, we giggled nearly the entire time trying to imagine what the voicemail sounded like.

Now, after hearing it, I had a few moments of giggling, a few moments of "aww"s and a very long moment where my heart grew just a wee bit fonder of Mr. Butler (hard to believe that, but yes, a few more corners of my heart now belong to him).

What an incredible thing for him to take time out of his day to share a few moments of his life with GALS and to get a glimpse into the con activities. I really don't care what anyone else says about how he lives his life - this man did not have to call. He didn't have to sign anything for the raffle/auction. He could have chosen to not acknowledge the con or the fans or anything that was done that weekend in his name.

But he didn't. He called, he signed, he was kick-a$$ enough to be part of the con as much as he could and that's frickin awesome.

I don't know him pairsonally, I never will - but I do know that he made an incredible weekend for the fans who attended the con into a spectacular one, just by leaving that message. By his comments and baffled tone, I don't think he really understands how much we appreciate his talent and generosity when it comes to the time he gives to his fans and the depth he brings to each new role.

Thanks to Dayna for having the vision to create this site, to put up with the crap/drama that goes with it - it's moments like the ones you spend with your friends at the convention (in person or virtually, depending) listening to a voicemail from a very talented actor we all adore and admire (**insert a squee here as I say to myself "Gerry called, again!"**) that I hope make it all worthwhile for you. The funds raised for charity and those people who will benefit from the generous donations, the strengthening friendships, the lasting memories - None of those would be possible without you and those you've chosen to help you represent the site, Dayna.

As if I didn't like you enough, Gerry, you had to go and make me like you even more. :kiss: and many, many blessings to you in your career and life.

Edited by AimeeMarie

What an incredible thing for him to take time out of his day to share a few moments of his life with GALS and to get a glimpse into the con activities. I really don't care what anyone else says about how he lives his life - this man did not have to call. He didn't have to sign anything for the raffle/auction. He could have chosen to not acknowledge the con or the fans or anything that was done that weekend in his name.

But he didn't. He called, he signed, he was kick-a$$ enough to be part of the con as much as he could and that's frickin awesome.

I don't know him pairsonally, I never will - but I do know that he made an incredible weekend for the fans who attended the con into a spectacular one, just by leaving that message. By his comments and baffled tone, I don't think he really understands how much we appreciate his talent and generosity when it comes to the time he gives to his fans and the depth he brings to each new role.

I could not have said better myself - I AGREE with you Aimee 100% - the only thing I would add is a whole hearted THANK YOU to him for being the wonderful man he is.

Audio added here: http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...c=26790&hl=

Sorry I took so long converting it. It wasn't easy to get this fix, trust me!

~ D

Dr. Em,

Thank you for your perseverance. It's greatly appreciated.

Dayna~ You rock! Thank you so much for getting the message transferred. I know it will mean a lot to all of the GALS, including me.

As if Vegas wasn't incredible enough! Now I have this too!

Thanks again for all you and the Mod Squad have done/ will do! :wuv: :wuv:

I just signed on and found this and want to thank you, Dayna, and everyone for figuring out how to download this! This is a great treat for me just before we leave tomorrow on vacation for the next ten days as I don't know if I'll be able to access the site from my laptop on a cruise ship sailing the gulf of Alaska! This is quite a Gerry "fix" in that regard!

Actually listening to his voice, I could picture his facial expressions. He seems humbled that he has such a following. Also, whenever he does that "giggle" of his, I could just see that little shrug he does! He's so endearing and adorable! No man should be this charming and there be only one of him!

Thanks so much, Gerry, for taking the time to show your support! You have no idea how much it means to so many!

Love to all,

Delene

thanks for the transcript and the audio posted :)

It is appreciated! I love the little Ciao~ he threw in at the end

Thank you Dayna and Gerry .. That was just awesome and very touching. :wave:

Hugs, Midnight :pointy:

Thanks Katie for the transcript!!

What it must have been like to hear his voice! :thud:

Yes, April, having to listen to that voice, over and over and over again as I transcribed was indeed an arduous labor of love. :lmao: No.

"Pewled" a wee bit o' Gerry humor there. :lol:

I just wanted to say, "You're welcome!" to all who said thanks. And to add my thanks to Dayna for making all of it possible. (Gerry didn't have that schedule of events because he went and searched for it. ;) ) But of course, he didn't have to choose to make the call, so a very special thanks to Gerry for taking the time and making the effort to give us all the thrill of hearing from him.

:hugs:

Katie

P.S. When transcribing Gerry's voicemail message, there was no option to pause the message. I had to grab what I could in typing along with his voice, and then stop and play it again from the beginning, editing for accuracy along the way. So I heard the intro and first few sentences many many many times over. :lol: I had ear buds on and the audio clarity was good. Needless to say, Dayna still claims that I was squirming in my chair during the transcription. I hope those growls deep in my throat were not heard by her or Jenni. LOL! This Mod job doesn't pay monetarily, but oh...at times like this, the 'compensation' is priceless!