Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

Thanks from virtual GALS

To all of you who made the Virtual Con a great success:

Holly, Barb, Stu, Dayna, admins and mods....I was in in Stu's live feed chat last night, and I want you to know how much it meant to all of us that we were included and welcomed among you. Most of us are very disappointed not to have joined you in person, but as we all know, with the economic crisis, many of us just had to make the hard choice not to attend.

Having gone all 3 previous years, I've been very sad to have missed out on year 4, but the virtual con and especially the live feed took away that sadness. Last night we all watched the presentations, cheering, laughing and in many cases, crying with the rest of you. When Barb was announced as this year's Phoenix Rising recipient...she was right there with us, watching the whole thing!, Every time I saw a familiar face, I called out your names, and yes I was even clapping out loud! Your group may have been smaller than other years, but even not being there, we could all sense the specialness of this year's con, and we could tell it was truly memorable.

I loved getting to see to the decorations and table settings! Sure the images were blurry, but I could see that the Dear Frankie theme was carried off brilliantly. Can't wait to see the still photos!

I really hope the live streaming idea can be included each year, because I know it did make us all feel that "We are all Connected." I would venture a guess that there was just as much Gerry love in that little chat room as there was in the Ball room!

So... for all your hard work, creativity and dedication....much love and thanks to you all!

Ladies, please feel free to add your own words of thanks!

Swannie

Swannie, your timing is amazing -- I was just thinking how much the GALS who planned, organized and carried off this convention deserved a huge Posted Image and how inclusive this entire gathering has been, both actual and virtual, thanks to all the hard work of many ... I'm just imagining the love and joy felt around the world as these events have unfolded in real time.

Your words say it all.

Posted Image to everyone,

Connie

I'd like to say thanks also, although I was not a very good Virtual Con participant. I completely forgot about the DF chat last night and I really wanted to join in. I was busy yesterday and did not see the live streaming. I'm glad you GALS had a great time!

:yay:

With my illness I will never go to a convention, but with all your hard work and dedication I am still included and made to feel every bit as much of a Gal as those in attendance. So thanks ever so much for letting us at home have things to participate in. I am soooo proud for those able to go. One GAL in particular. Since she does not like to be showered with attention I will leave out her name. God bless all of you! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Love,

Tracy

Yes I re-iterate all that has gone before me in this thread. With not being able to get there this year due to work commitments those like myself who could not attend did not feel like we were left out. The internet is such a wonderful thing for stuff like this.

:fans::goodjob::cheer2:

Moira

Swannie expressed so well what we were feeling as we watched the streaming Video last night. I am a newcomer to this but I was so excited to be there with my GALS friends! Thank you, Thank you to all who made this possible for us! Stu was amazing with all the techical stuff and Holly worked so hard to be sure we GALS at home were included in the festivities! Thanks so much Holly!

Posted Image

Diane

The previous posters have spoken all the words & expressed all the feeling I have for the GALS who worked their "little butt cheeks off" to pull BOTH conventions together!!! BIG HUGS, KISSES & TEARS of happiness to all of you!!!

I gotta come next year to do the above in person!!

The Divine Miss S :rose:

Well said Swannie!

The efforts of all involved in both the Virtual and actual Cons need to be applauded. I know there are some who will start working on next year's Vegas Con tomorrow! It doesnt happen by magic and it doesn't happen overnight.

Thanks to Stu and Holly for helping us "at home" to feel connected and involved. (I had technical difficulties so I missed last night's live feed but I'm sure Mel or another of our technical wizards will have it in multimedia soon!)

Congratulations on the Rising Phoenix Award Barb! :clap: Thank you for all you do not just for the Virtual Con but every single day.

Congrats on your video win Bella! Great job!

:grouphug: I'm all verklempt again. LOL

edited bec. apparently I was drunk when I wrote it. :rotflmao: (kidding!)

Edited by Hobbes

BIG DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....thanks so much.....you all did an amazing job of including us GALS at home......HUGS!!!!!

Thank you GALS and PALS who worked on the virtual convention! I didn't try the streaming stuff because I'm not so great on my computer and didn't even post much, but I read the threads and still felt part of it. :yay:

I'm looking forward to the photos too. Thanks again! :)

I cannot express my thanks better than the others already did, but I would like to join you - it was GREAT :party::party: that Virtual Con was organized this way, we could feel as if we were with you, really connected!!! THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!! :wave::wave::wave:

:ty:

Edited by Donnie

Thank YOU for your kind words! There were moments when trying to overcome the computer issues, along with keeping up with other responsibilities, seemed overwhelming. Of course, with being the first time doing the feed, we learned a lot for next year.

After I overcame laptop/messenger issues, the biggest problem was LIGHTING! In addition to being lowered for "ambience" for the gala, the Hilton has implemented a "green program" wherein the chain is striving to reduce its "carbon footprint." Outside of the slot machines and jewelry cases, NOTHING is brightly lit (it's rather annoying -- you always feel like you can't quite "see.") So, between my regular handheld "webcam," which was transmitting through Big Mike's laptop "air card" and the lighting, things appeared "blurry." (Although the hotel offers wi-fi, the wi-fi DOES NOT extend to the ballrooms. The fee for ONE day of temporary satellite internet was $1,000!! Suffice to say, Mike's air card was the chosen option. (Trust me, I would have GLADLY paid the wi-fi fee!))

Hopefully, next year we'll have a lighting source projected onto the "stage area," and even newer technology to implement. Thanks again for reminding me why we worked so hard to FINALLY REALIZE this aspect of the convention after four years of saying, "I wish we could somehow broadcast..." :)

Stuart is, in every sense of the word, a PAL! I'm so grateful he's a part of the fanmily.

Vegas 2010 is only 52 weeks away!

Well said Swannie!

It was great to sit in the comfort of my own home, tune everything out, I even put a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my front door so my neighbors wouldn't bug me, and I could get food & drink when I needed too, sat & texted Bella to see how it was going, go pee *giggles* when I needed to. Sad not to be there with everyone but it was awesome what Holly & Stu did for Virtual Con so we didn't have to spend a penny we didn't have just to get there in person. I know I was cheering & boo hoo'ing too. I LOVED being in chat with my FANmily. It was great. I didn't want it to end. Thanks so much guys especially coming from someone who is still unemployed & bummed out a lot. It sure did brighten my weekend like a mini vacation, on my couch, in AC (finally) and on my laptop.

Big round of applause for all :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi ladies!!

So sorry but I could never get on to the Virtual Con links...I missed getting online Thursday and then when I tried on Friday, it looked like every thread for it said "Pinned". Doesn't that mean the thread is closed??

Hi ladies!!

So sorry but I could never get on to the Virtual Con links...I missed getting online Thursday and then when I tried on Friday, it looked like every thread for it said "Pinned". Doesn't that mean the thread is closed??

when it says pinned it just means that the thread has either been moved or merged or both I think. When a thread is closed it will say closed in the top right corner I think.

Okay, thank you, I have been on this site all these years I never knew that.

:wave:

I agree! and I applaud you girls!

I know from organizing some charity events that the work is unreal!!

and you did a wonderful job of including all those that just couldn't make it this year..

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so excited to have Holly streaming live to Stu and therefore to everyone who couldn't attend... Spot and Stu, my hat's off to the both of you!!

Each year is a learning experience on how to improve the next... ESPECIALLY on a technical level! Lighting definitely was an issue this year, like Holly said, but also like she said, we'll keep that in mind in planning next year so we can fix it.

I will have the recorded videos from last night available in MM soon... I'll be working on that tonight since there's no gala to attend. *sad* Man, these things always go too quickly!

Much love all! Thanks for starting this thread Swannie, and for yours and everyone's great comments. There are so many of you that weren't able to come that I missed terribly... but we could definitely feel you in spirit.

~Mel

Just gonna re-post what I wrote last night in the Cafe ...

I just want to say that this Virtual Con is the BEST idea ever! I've so enjoyed being a part of the excitement and joy of the convention even if I couldn't be there. I feel blessed that I was in the chat when Barb won the Rising Phoenix award! She so deserves it.

Also CONGRATS to Bella for her beautiful video ... it was so touching! And to Tish for winning the poster, and everyone else who won something tonight!

The Shade Tree sounds like a perfect organization for us to help. I plan on donating something if I can ... it's the type of organization that was near and dear to my mother's heart. I wish I was closer so I could volunteer there ....

I have also loved chatting with my beautiful Sisters that I rarely get to see or speak to. It's such a joy to have this community of fans and talented and beautiful women to call my friends.

The convention inspires me, and I truly hope that this next year I can start thinking of others first. I'm generally a very selfish person by nature (it's the whole only child thing - I'm very spoiled), but it's time to change. It's time to put others first, even when I don't have a lot to give. GALS has helped teach me that.

I don't know what my true purpose is, but hopefully I can find it this year, with everyone's help.

I love you all from the bottom of my heart.

Lisa

Hi ladies!!

when it says pinned it just means that the thread has either been moved or merged or both I think. When a thread is closed it will say closed in the top right corner I think.

If a thread is pinned, all it means is it will stay on the first page of the section. Lack of replies will not cause it to be pushed to another page. Even if a thread is closed, that just means you can't reply to it, but you can still open it.

:)

Last night's virtual Con was a great experience. Thanks to all who made it possible. And I want to say I appreciate all who provided the items in the auctions and raffles. And a big thank you to Gerry for signing them and making them a personal gift from him.

This does give those of us who cannot attend the conventions or meet Gerry personally an opportunity to donate and attain Gerry memorabilia that we would never get the opportunity to otherwise. And then the wonderful benefit of being with and talking with other great Gals and making valued friendships that are so real even thought they occur in a virtual world. Thank you again.

Tish

Edited by tishieann

Sadly, for me, I wasn't able to participate very much in the Virtual Con this year, but I had

a wonderful time when I did. I want to thank each and every one who helped make this

possible--those here online, and those in Vegas.

THANK YOU!!

Judy

I too was not able to participate much in the Virtual Con (Fri night: play, sat nite: recital). But from all that I read it was a great success. Kudos to all who worked to make it so! :claphands:

I will start praying now that I will be able to attend the con next year. It was a real bummer not being able to go this year. I missed everyone so much. :unsure:

The above posters have said it all.... but from down under, thank you for giving me the opportunity to join in on the activities of Vegas via live streaming.

Sally :wave: