Gerard Butler GALS

6/28 - P.S. We love you

becozy

from: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/n...convention.html

Monday, June 29, 2009

P.S. We love you

By SIOBHAN McFADYEN

DROVES of dedicated women flocked to Las Vegas this weekend — to honour popular Scots actor Gerard Butler.

Excited fans paid $275 (£166) each to spend three days chatting about the P.S. I Love You star, enjoying workshops, holding raffles... and, of course, watching his films.

read the entire article: here

It is a full page article on page 28 of The Scottish Sun also with a pic of Dayna, Katie and I think Jennifer(??don't quote me on it) taken by Dr Batista at Last year's Convention

Posted Image

Posted Image

Moira

Compared to other similar articles about Gerry's fans, this one is fairly decent and paints Gerry in a sweet light. I must say, the pic of all you Vegas GALS is gorgeous! Congrats to our site and to our admins!

And PS...Gerry, we do love you!

Swannie

I love the picture of all the GALS...Elissa and Suzie, I made you two out the first...lol!

Wait till the find out how much was paid for the "Dear Frankie" script..lol

hugs,

Sue

That rocks!!! I saw soo many faces I know ... Spotty, Katie, Bella, Dayna ... beautiful, all of you!!

I'm so glad we are painted in a pretty good light in this article. I bet Gerry's mum got a kick out of seeing that. :lol: Not all of us are crazy ... just some of us. :D

Anyway, I'm so proud to be a part of this group of dedicated and wonderful women. I hope I can do more to make you proud that I'm a part of it as well.

:hugs:

Lisa

Just curious;

Does the gal who wrote the article have a freindship or connection to someone from GALS??

I mean there's a Gals group photo like the Gals take every year at Vegas and she knows Katie by name???

Just wondering.

Also,

I don't know about anybody else, but I clicked on and read all the other stories on Gerry from that site, and it's so "hilarious" to me how they can put up a title like "Butler Dating Bolly Babe Priyanka Chopra." And this article is from way back in February.

And you can tell the "photo" of them together is photo-shopped...just like we do our siggies at Gals!! :funnyup:

I mean, did you see there's a nice pic of Gerry in a tux in front of the RockNRolla poster, (obviously at the premiere), and then the photo underneath is THE SAME PIC OF GERRY, at 6'2" and little Pryanka (maybe as tall as 5'8"), stuck in the photo next to him holding an award!!! They've got her as tall as him and holding an award!! How stupid do they think people are?!!

They also had an article from Sept 08 stating he was "linked" to Jennifer Aniston...I never heard that. I thought they'd probably start making that kind of claim now since they are filming together.

I guess I just don't keep up with the gossip crap.

Maybe I'm naive but I have just recently noticed in the last month or so, just how ridiculous and sensationalized all these "entertainment" news shows are. Even E! I used to like E! But it seems they are truly downright mean to people. I just wonder how they can say such mean things when "reporting" on celebs and then expect these same celebs to grant them an interivew. I had Hollywood Insider on last night and do not usually watch it, and that is the LAST time I'll ever try to watch it. There's just so many more important things going on in life and the rest of the world.

Dare I mention TMZ???

What a sleezey way to work. I've happened upon it a couple of times now, and I cannot believe what they do. I actually feel "sorry" for these over-paid, lavished-lifestyle celebrities. These "reporters/camera men" actually try to treat them somewhat politely at the start by asking how they are, or about their new film, and then they toss out a completely rude and insulting comment. I really think all the "celebs" should not do anything but walk on by without a word or a look, or a gesture. :2cents:

Edited by Attila Girl

Hey, Nancy!

The reporter did an interview with Dayna, Jenni and Katie. :D

As with most 'interviews' some things were misquoted but it's overall a nice little article.

The photo was supplied by GALS, taken Friday evening.

:wave:

That was Deb (Knight Phantom) and actually, she is more of an Erik (the Phantom) groupie than a Gerry groupie, but I don't think she'll mind the title! Deb has a very generous sense of humor!

Swannie

Barb, was the reporter at the convention? And also, I'm wondering how this reporter found out about the convention in the first place? Makes you wonder who all reads this site!

You can tell the quotes are a bit off, but overall, not too bad.

I hope we get to see a larger photo soon!

Swannie

I just got home from work, and the first thing I did was check out this article. I thought it was cute. Someone else could have twisted the whole thing but I thought it was pretty nice.

Wish I could be in Vegas!

Overall quite well done, though I know that the "quote" attributed to Jenni about people pretending to be extras was not something she said.

Compared to other press that we fans have gotten, this one managed to focus on the more important picture as we hoped - how in supporting Gerry we have come to support each other, and even to support women's and children's charities as well. And how he supports us in the process. Not a bunch of crazies.

I believe Siobhan (the reporter) may have come upon the Convention via a Google search because she contacted the site via email last week to request the interview which Dayna, Jenni and Katie did the other night.

Today, we were back at the Shade Tree to bring the first part of our donation (that which was received in cash and could therefore be given immediately) and some other goodies for the shelter residents. In talking to Marlene, the Executive Director who attended the event last night and who is in the picture-sitting front row in cream-colored dress. she said she had never met such a group of big-hearted, caring, compassionate women as those she met last night. We are proud that our love for Gerry, which brought us all together, has helped us spread the love to others, because each step we take on this journey proves again and again that we are all connected. One of our donations to the shelter was a collection of most of Gerry's movies, and Marlene said he may have about 350 new fans very soon!

I remember on the Craig Ferguson Show that Gerry said he hated the Scottish press. I think they were pretty nice to Gerry in this article. The only thing I didn't like about the article were these quotes.....

“Some of the fans are pretty obsessive.

“They sometimes have to be reminded that he’s an actor and that it is not his real life.

“We’ve heard some crazy stories from people who just generally follow him around to fans who pretend they are extras on set just to get close to him.

“A couple of years ago one fan paid $300 (£181) for a glass he’d drunk from".

In my opinion, those people if they exist, are in the minority. If I am obsessed it is all in my mind and not in my actions. All in all, I was pleased with the article for Gerry's sake.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I'm glad the article was well written as stated in some previous posts. Katie's from Nashville? That girl never told me that! I know she's a TN GAL but didn't know Nashville! I need to hear her sing more often :D

I picked Bella out of the photo in a heartbeat. She's so tall & pretty. Well and I'm a dork, she's the only one I recognize on sight.

Loved the photo ladies! Thanks for the updates Susan!

THANK YOU MODS & ADMINS & all the GALS at the Con! :hug1:

PS Stu, I want a copy of that too! *giggles*

I did mention that the part about fans pretending to be extras was not a Jenni quote. We know thast some of the information is not from the interviews but from the internet, aka the world wide web of misinformation.

But to be honest there are some (a tiny minority) of fans who can be over-obsessive, who can forget that Gerry the real person is not the charactrers he has played. There have been rare instances of fans overstepping the bounds. It doesn't imply that we're all like that (which some articles have).

The water glass WAS purchased (for charity) at the 2006 convention, by Bethy. It was immediately following his appearance at the convention. I myself bid at least $100 on it. Just like the $1000 for the jeans, the $300 was for a cause. Considering that Bethy is the same fan to receive the Christmas Day phone call, and had a special personal few moments with Gerry that same evening in Vegas, I think her wanting to have the water glass is probably quite understandable, and you can't expect the press to get all of THOSE connections. Bethy has been open about the story, so anyone who knows her, or read her stories, probably gets it.

I certainly can understand why Bethy would want that glass. I know of the story about Gerry calling her and they did get a chance to speak at the convention. But, of course, that was not in the story which is what I don't like about the press. They also didn't mention the circumstances under which Bethy got the glass. That's my argument with this article. I know that the jeans were purchased for charity. That was not mentioned. I certainly don't fault anyone for purchasing these items. I also would not call these ladies obsessed for doing so. They are loyal fans who bought something of Gerry's for charity. I guess I'm sensitive about the press making us out to be crazy obsessed ladies, which they have in the past. The gals here deserve better than that. They deserve the full story.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Deb's(Knight Phantom) a Groupie - I bet she wishes :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yes well The Scottish Sun may be the most popular paper in Scotland but it is not always the most accurate but fair play to them they did a nice job in making it as much about the charity work as it did about the crazy obsessive fans :funnyup:

It painted Gerry out in a nice light which was nice too.

Lovely picture of you all BTW. :wave:

So did the reporter get the part about him appearing via video link skype call correct as I thought it was just an audio call??. Can anyone who was there verify this. I can just imagine if all of a sudden Gerry appeared on screen the place would have erupted.

Moira

Deb's(Knight Phantom) a Groupie - I bet she wishes :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yes well The Scottish Sun may be the most popular paper in Scotland but it is not always the most accurate but fair play to them they did a nice job in making it as much about the charity work as it did about the crazy obsessive fans :funnyup:

It painted Gerry out in a nice light which was nice too.

Lovely picture of you all BTW. :wave:

So did the reporter get the part about him appearing via video link skype call correct as I thought it was just an audio call??. Can anyone who was there verify this. I can just imagine if all of a sudden Gerry appeared on screen the place would have erupted.

Moira

I was there and as much as we all would have liked a video call, it was an audio call only, and the place still erupted. LOL

Barbara

hey thanks for all the updates frm vegas.... this is totally unrelated but did you guys see this new set of clips from the ugly truth? or are they old ones that i had missed previously? its on youtube on this link

cheers

kc

Added by Framolamdu - KC had to take link out as that video is only available in the over 18 section due to the nature of the clip and has already been posted there. :wave:

This is why I love Gerry! He truly does care about his fans. He didn't have to do anything for the convention but he sent a message & donations! Wish I could have been there! Gerry is such a good man. Even if he was a street cleaner, he would still have that wonderful smile, those smoldering eyes, & the aura of happiness that surrounds him.

Great pic, ladies (and gentlemen)! It's my goal to be there next year for the 5th annual. I'm saving my pennies now. I hope to see some of you at the Birthday Bash in NYC, a little closer to home (for me anyway). Yes, Gerry, we DO love you! When I had the extreme pleasure of meeting him he was gracious, caring, generous with his valuable time, and totally adorable!