Gerard Butler GALS

6/28 - P.S. We love you

Great pic, ladies (and gentlemen)! It's my goal to be there next year for the 5th annual. I'm saving my pennies now. I hope to see some of you at the Birthday Bash in NYC, a little closer to home (for me anyway). Yes, Gerry, we DO love you! When I had the extreme pleasure of meeting him he was gracious, caring, generous with his valuable time, and totally adorable!

Reg,

you will see me for sure at the Birthday Bash. :music:

I am so proud to be a part of this group! Thank you guys!

I can't believe a picture of me in the Scottish News. How unbeliveable.

I loved every minute at the Convention and I'm already making plans to go back!

Love to all my new friends!

Speaking of the audio message from Gerry, was there a link to it or something where we can listen or was that a pipe dream on my part that I thought there would be one? I saw the transcript but thought there was an audio download available.

D

I agree that the article was very positive for the Gerry fans, that's why I asked if it might have been written by "one of us", so to speak. Like if Celine (Gerrys NutSnap :wave: ) was writing an article for her local Irish newspaper.

I'm wondering what I missed in the article, are there two? I don't even recall a comment about fans posing as extras, or any mention of Bethy's glass. How'd I miss that part??

I totally remember Bethy bidding on the glass, and I thought she had to have it and was so glad she did...only wish she hadn't had to pay so much for it.

XO

Nancy

Ladies ~

For the record, Siobhan contacted us regarding an interview. To be honest with you, I was a little hesitant, but Siobhan stated that she wanted to focus on the charity efforts Gerry's fans have made. She had Katie, Jenni and me on the speaker phone trying to do an interview. Many times, she couldn't tell who was saying what, though we did try and identify ourselves.

Siobhan took quotes for the article from the site. I know the quotes she used about how I "found" Gerry, were direct quotes from my site bio.

I appreciate Siobhan focusing on the charity efforts and for giving a shout out to The Shade Tree Shelter. My hope is that this article, if not more, will put The Shade Tree and other battered women's shelters in the spotlight so as to raise more funding for these most remarkable organizations.

Please remember that there is only so much room on a page in which to write the story and I think Siobhan did a great job. I was the one who gave her the information regarding the $1,000 jeans and the $300 water glass. She knew the funds were then given to our charities and I believe by stating that we raised money through auctions and raffles, she does IMPLY that fact. So please cut her some slack. :kiss:

In my opinion, she has painted us with a very positive brush and I for one am much appreciative.

:hugs:

Dayna

Moira~ yes I do wish! Who knows....but I had always thought 'groupies' were Rockstar followers, at least on this side of the pond.

I liked the article and was very pleased that we were painted in a fairly good light (for once!).

BTW~ can someone tell me where I can get a copy of the paper? I'd be willing to pay postage.

Moira~ yes I do wish! Who knows....but I had always thought 'groupies' were Rockstar followers, at least on this side of the pond.

I liked the article and was very pleased that we were painted in a fairly good light (for once!).

BTW~ can someone tell me where I can get a copy of the paper? I'd be willing to pay postage.

As someone who was allowed access to the pants, I was very honored to have been a part of this. Thank you for the bottom of my heart Deb!

The $1000 that was paid has been a generosity that has been bestowed well beyond that point in time. The fact that the proceeds from this years convention went to the Shade Tree was amazing as was all of the people that I had the privilege of meeting. I am extremely glad to see such a positive uplifting article on the amazing work done by GALS.

Well done!!! :hearts:

Speaking of the audio message from Gerry, was there a link to it or something where we can listen or was that a pipe dream on my part that I thought there would be one? I saw the transcript but thought there was an audio download available.

D

I know that Barb (becozy) worked for hours to try to convert the file from the format it is in on the voicemail to a format (mp3 or wav) that can be uploaded to multimedia. As of last time I checked we hadn't had any luck with that yet. Maybe if there is a really tech-savvy person out there who understands all the various audio formats and how to change one to another they can give us some advice. It needs to convert from a dat file to mp3 or wmv (Barb or Mel may know if there are other formats that would work for our multimedia). If all else fails it would be possible to take a hand-held mp3 recorder and record while playing the audio from the laptop, but it may not be the best quality that way. You know, like a copy of a copy sort of thing. Just know that I don't think any of us has given up trying to get the audio available on the site.

D

I know that Barb (becozy) worked for hours to try to convert the file from the format it is in on the voicemail to a format (mp3 or wav) that can be uploaded to multimedia. As of last time I checked we hadn't had any luck with that yet. Maybe if there is a really tech-savvy person out there who understands all the various audio formats and how to change one to another they can give us some advice. It needs to convert from a dat file to mp3 or wmv (Barb or Mel may know if there are other formats that would work for our multimedia). If all else fails it would be possible to take a hand-held mp3 recorder and record while playing the audio from the laptop, but it may not be the best quality that way. You know, like a copy of a copy sort of thing. Just know that I don't think any of us has given up trying to get the audio available on the site.

Thanks Susan. I wish I could give some technical advice but I am NOT computer literate. Someone may figure it out and in the meantime, I'll patiently await whatever you get.

D

A tip of the helmit to GB Gals for such a successful convention. Gerry lite the fire but it was GB Gals and the work they do that needs a big thank you. Gerry in his heart of hearts recognizes this and he didn't have to "reminded" by Alan or hit over the head to make that phone call. I'm sure that GB Gals is savvy and know the ropes as do most people that post. It is good to express your thougths about this aricle. Keep up the good work and this is a great vehical for very intelligent and caring GB supporters.

I wanted to send out a cheer to everyone that got to go. I tried watching some of the convention on streaming, was having problems with my Internet so missed allot of it. I am jealous, but am happy that everyone that got to go had fun. The article was actually very positive about the whole convention. Whatever happens, the Gals and Gerry are still strong and having fun. Net stop on this crazy ride, 'The Ugly Truth', July 24th. This is gonna be a Hot Tamale and a few of us are going to have more than hot flashes for this one.

:hearts::cheer2:

SmackGurl1960

aka Katie M.

Sisters, Oregon

D

Thanks Susan. I wish I could give some technical advice but I am NOT computer literate. Someone may figure it out and in the meantime, I'll patiently await whatever you get.

D

I FINALLY was able to convert the file to .mp3 and will be uploading to the site shortly. :pointy:

~ D

I FINALLY was able to convert the file to .mp3 and will be uploading to the site shortly. :pointy:

~ D

WOO HOO!!! Way to go Dr Em! Everyone is gonna love this!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Dayna got it done! http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...c=26790&hl=

*sigh* that was a gool 'ol "ear feckin" to quote Momma Spot! And now we can listen to it again and again and again. Thank you again Dayna and Gerry. You both just absolutely rock my world!!!

D

D

~ D

:bow2::bow::yourock::cheer2::goodjob::thankyou::yahoo::yeehaw::thewoman:

Delene

I'm still disappointed I didn't get Gerry's "chest hair"! I was already to have them sent over to Acme Cloning. :funnyup:

D

That whole thing was hilarious D. I wonder whatever happened to it?

Thanks Dayna for uploading the call. I always enjoy hearing Gerry speak. I also wanted to mention again how much I enjoyed being able to see the presentations through the Virtual Con. Great to see the faces behind the names and the Shade Tree presentation was very moving......such a worthwhile cause.

Ren

:thankyou: Dayna for uploading the call! And Thank you for uploading this article! Was really nice to read. :)