Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

2010 Convention

I will try and try and try harder first to make the commitment and second to get over my DAMN fear of flying...But I soooo want to meet all my Galfriends and hit it big in Vegas...oh about that second part...that was just me wishful thinking again... :unsure: But as for now ....my mind is made up...count me in!!

:wave: Frannie

Fran, just think about all the loving GALS who will be waiting for you to get off that plane. You can do it.

I will try to be there but my life is absolutely crazy...

Sadly as long as I have my current job and the convention is held during the summer....I won't be able to make it. Damn weddings. The job ruins my social life. lol

As long as I stay healthy, l'll be there. It's too much fun to miss.

Barbara

Okay...Am I the only one, or...well...um...um...has anyone else started to plan their wardrobe for the convention?? Mentally going thru ones closet...yep! yep! NOOOOOO!!! OH! that'll look good with that. YEAH! gotta take THOSE shoes! Can I pull off the strapless ( :boobs: ) or do I go with the sassy red number that makes by tushie look toned??

OMG!!! So many clothes! So many shoes!!! Not enough time!!! :gah:

The Divine Miss S :rose:

OH! and the big question....."Will it still fit next year??" :scale:

:wave:Boy I wish I could be that brave and sign up for next year...but unfortunately fear of flying has me home bound. Has anyone heard how many have shown up for this year? Times were that we would get drop ins by attendees to tell us how it was going...How I wish it were me sigh . Dad fell again and now has a broken rib and at 84 they don't mend very fast. I love Gerry to bits but my duty as a daughter out weighs my duty as his fan but somehow I know he understands... :wuv:

May - the virtual con this year had webcam access to the convention so it meant less need for drop-ins. Thanks to Scotsman Stuart we were able to help those at home feel more a part of the Vegas activiites. I believe Holly dropped in on Friday night to give a report because the webcam connection in the ballroom wasn't working.

This year we only had about 65 attendees. That is a significant drop from the past years, yet due to the generosity of spirit (and wallet) of the attendees (both RL and virtual) we believe that the final tally of funds raised will be pretty darned close to last year's. There are still contributions coming in and a few straggler expenses to be considered before the final amount raised is announced. We hope that the economic situation for many will have improved enough by next year that we can have double or triple that many in attendance. Despite the smaller numbers there was nothing lacking in the facilities, decorations, or other features of the convention that attendees have enjoyed in the past. Thanks to the team who managed the finances, and to The Blonde and her team of decorators who made the ballroom tables look so grand!

May - the virtual con this year had webcam access to the convention so it meant less need for drop-ins. Thanks to Scotsman Stuart we were able to help those at home feel more a part of the Vegas activiites. I believe Holly dropped in on Friday night to give a report because the webcam connection in the ballroom wasn't working.

This year we only had about 65 attendees. That is a significant drop from the past years, yet due to the generosity of spirit (and wallet) of the attendees (both RL and virtual) we believe that the final tally of funds raised will be pretty darned close to last year's. There are still contributions coming in and a few straggler expenses to be considered before the final amount raised is announced. We hope that the economic situation for many will have improved enough by next year that we can have double or triple that many in attendance. Despite the smaller numbers there was nothing lacking in the facilities, decorations, or other features of the convention that attendees have enjoyed in the past. Thanks to the team who managed the finances, and to The Blonde and her team of decorators who made the ballroom tables look so grand!

:wuv: Thanks for letting me know Susan! Oh my goodness only 65 attendees; I hope Gerry knows it is due to the economics and not our waining devotion for his work?

I'll be there God Willing!

I am sooooo there! As long as Dayna does this I will be there!

Love ya Dr Em!

Good! because I am not going to miss seeing you again. We have too much fun

Wooman, you don't know just how much I missed you :wuv:

:wuv: Thanks for letting me know Susan! Oh my goodness only 65 attendees; I hope Gerry knows it is due to the economics and not our waining devotion for his work?

I think we can rest assured that Gerry knows how much we still love him and his work and that it was the severe economic situation that kept many away this time.

I am sooooo there! As long as Dayna does this I will be there!

Love ya Dr Em!

Good! because I am not going to miss seeing you again. We have too much fun

Wooman, you don't know just how much I missed you :wuv:

Me too, me too!! :pointy:

I'm sure Gerry understands. We would have ALL liked to have been there but this was just a bad year financially. Hopefully next year things will start to look up and we'll have a bigger crowd than ever!

I've already started saving so I can attend my first one! It sounds like so much fun.

I will be there in 2010 for sure!! This year was so wonderful!

Thank you to Dayna, Katie, Susan, Holly, KB, Jen, Landa, Libby and all the mods and those I missed. The convention was fabulous.

Susan, The Shade Tree is a perfect fit for GALS! Thanks for putting us together!

Dayna thank you for hosting these conventions year after year. Beside being such a blast, the con and the money it raises is so important and impowering.

I'm so grateful to have met the GALS that attended this year and can't wait to meet more next year!

And thank you for those that attended the workshops.

Hugs,

Cheryl

Edited by Paisleyscot

I'm so grateful to have met the GALS that attended this year and can't wait to meet more next year!

Hugs,

Cheryl

No, no, thank you Cheryl for hosting the Siggy Workshop! I even managed to snag me a Siggy out of it!! :spit: *Ahem* still waiting for my siggy :drool1:

I AM SOOOO ready for next year ALREADY!!!!!!

Lets see === CHECK LIST

DRESS - CHECK

CON REG MONEY - CHECK

SHOW MONEY -- [you know I'm doing Criss Angle (tee hee) again with one or two other shows]- CHECK

SEXY SHOES - CHECK

I have a tin bucket that I'm putting lose change and money in -- it has a PIC of the G man on it -- INSPERATION!! LOL

miss y'all that I saw this year - cant wait to meet new GALS next year.

BIG :hugs:

Binkie

PS -- THANK YOU __ THANK YOU --- to ALL the MODS and VEGAS helpers for putting this all together and making it one KICK BUM TIME!!!! you gals ROCK!!!!

Hugs,

Cheryl

No, no, thank you Cheryl for hosting the Siggy Workshop! I even managed to snag me a Siggy out of it!! :spit: *Ahem* still waiting for my siggy :drool1:

I'll get it to you Deb! LOL

Thanks for being such a great roomie Binks! What a fun time!! You rock girlfriend!

Hugs,

Cheryl

For what it's worth--I am going to try to come in 2010! I had such a wonderful time in '07 and thought it might be my one and only CON. Things are looking a little better--and I like the idea of

putting away something each week, makes it seem much more "doable."

And Cheryl, since we live less than an hour apart, I would love to get together sometime and

hear about this years CON and see your photos.

Hugs,

Judy

I wish you girls would drive up to Portland! It's only a few hours away!

Swannie

Thanks for being such a great roomie Binks! What a fun time!! You rock girlfriend!

Hugs,

Cheryl

RIGHT BACK AT YA ! :cloud9: !!! :wuv::yourock:

:hugs:

B

I have my empty penny jar labeled for 2010. :woohoo:

You hiding it from dear ole' hubby??! ;)