Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

2010 Convention

I hope everyone gets to come next year. This year was so great. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Phantom theme for 2010, but I will be there no matter what!

Sara

Me too Sara! That or Timeline...

Here I go again! Thought I'd put this here instead of the ol' suggestion thread.

I just viewed the pics from Vegas and knew a couple of people or so but the rest were all faces I could not associate with names. I knew Barb, Susan, Dayna, Bella, and Deb as she was holding up those infamous Gerry jeans I believe. At future conventions, perhaps a group pic could be taken with people holding up their names in front of them for the rest of us who might not be attending and especially for those who are newer.

Thanks,

Delene

Hi! I'm Jenny!! :wave: (top left pic is me)

Hey, Jenny! I'm Delene! Thanks for identifying yourself!

D

I just got home from TUT, and I would like to suggest that we watch this next year. OMFB!! I'm still trashed...

I too am right behind you. I missed this year do to financial reasons and my son's HS graduation. Next year, I am there

Well I have a huge crayon for Disney 2010 and a white piggie bank for the convention in 2010. In order to be fair I'm going to split my change among them both. Most of the time I'm carrying around over $20 worth of change in my purse before I empty it so I should be okay w/spare cash to go. It's amazing how much change you accumulate when you use whole bills and throw the change in your purse and forget about it. even if my total is say $2.02 I'll use $3 knowing I have 2 cents in my purse. The change will come in handy later and it's the easiest way to save it.

Cassie

Which theme is chosen doesn't matter to me. We're going to have THE BESTEST TIME! no matter the theme!! I'll have my Blu-Ray & regular DVDs of The Ugly Truth in my bag in case anyone wants to hole up with me somewhere & watch them. ( I'm thinking there'll be extras on each that the other won't have. )

Spazzy dance!!!!

The Divine Miss S :rose:

Well I have a huge crayon for Disney 2010 and a white piggie bank for the convention in 2010. In order to be fair I'm going to split my change among them both. Most of the time I'm carrying around over $20 worth of change in my purse before I empty it so I should be okay w/spare cash to go. It's amazing how much change you accumulate when you use whole bills and throw the change in your purse and forget about it. even if my total is say $2.02 I'll use $3 knowing I have 2 cents in my purse. The change will come in handy later and it's the easiest way to save it.

Cassie

That is so true, I never spend my change. I only give bills and then put my change in a jar for something special, either, Vegas, Scotland, Dinner out with Gerry or the Gals. Anyway, this is a great way to save money and it works. Thanks Cassie

Take care all,

Sherrell

Which theme is chosen doesn't matter to me. We're going to have THE BESTEST TIME! no matter the theme!! I'll have my Blu-Ray & regular DVDs of The Ugly Truth in my bag in case anyone wants to hole up with me somewhere & watch them. ( I'm thinking there'll be extras on each that the other won't have. )

Spazzy dance!!!!

The Divine Miss S :rose:

I think it will be awesome just to have a Variety theme, since it will be our 5 yr Convention. I think celebrating them all is a smart idea from the beginning to the most current. Games can be played. It can be an anniversary party for Gerry and all the great work he has accomplished. Just a thought...

I'm ready now if anybody needs a roomate let me know!!! dq

*sigh*

These conventions sound like so much fun!!

I wish I could save enough money to attend one one year!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed in the meantime!! ;)

I've always been a loner. I've always been an outsider.

I never seem to fit in, anywhere that I go. I suppose I fit in just enough to not be noticed as the outcast, but never enough to actually belong. I'm often in my own world. I often have to find ways to entertain myself; to make myself feel whole, and complete... on my own.

I feel like I've found a community with GALS.

I feel like you all just accepted me so readily and so heartfeltly.... and all it took was our common recognition of the amazing beauty and soul of one talented man.

I would love to go to the convention in 2010, and meet, and share stories and good times with such amazing, wonderful, and life-affirming women. I'd love to belong.

I really hope that I can overcome all money, and scheduling, (and fear) issues and make it out to be with you all next year. Save me a seat.

Stephanie

I never seem to fit in, anywhere that I go. I suppose I fit in just enough to not be noticed as the outcast, but never enough to actually belong. I'm often in my own world. I often have to find ways to entertain myself; to make myself feel whole, and complete... on my own.

I feel like you all just accepted me so readily and so heartfeltly.... and all it took was our common recognition of the amazing beauty and soul of one talented man.

I would love to go to the convention in 2010, and meet, and share stories and good times with such amazing, wonderful, and life-affirming women. I'd love to belong.

I really hope that I can overcome all money, and scheduling, (and fear) issues and make it out to be with you all next year. Save me a seat.

Stephanie

Hello Stephanie,

My name is Sherrell ask: Bermos. First I want to welcome to Gals. You should definitely come to one of our events and I guarantee you will make lots of friends. I have been with Gals for almost 5 years and have made lots of friends and many groups. Please don't be afraid to come to our gatherings. You will have a lot of fun and will meet some wonderful people.

We have a big GB birthday party coming this November, it is call "The Phantom Pheast with a midnight showing of POTO. This will be our 5th year as well and every year we have a great time. Think about coming.

Take care

Sherrell/Bermos

Stephanie

Stephanie,

I deal with MANY fears and had to overcome every single one of them to attend my first convention. I was terrified of what people would think of me, and I was shocked and relived by how inclusive the ladies were right from the start. I tend to keep to myself in social situations, and I am not a mixer... I don't feel comfortable with small talk and I'm shy around people I don't know, but the GALS will make you feel welcome. I really hope you can overcome the financial obstacles and be there!

Swannie

Hey Stacey

Start saving girl. It is my goal to attend 2010 convention. I will be keeping my eye out for cheap flight to US come Christmas onwards.

I too have troubles walking into a room full of strange people. I tend to stick to myself and those with me. So fingers crossed, I am make this work in so many ways for me!!!

Sally

Hi hi

Anyone got a date for the con?? I've about 3 things on for June next year and want to squeeze them all in

Hugs and snogs to all

Snap

Edit: Date as in when it's on not a who is going with you date :)

Edited by gerrynutsnap

Thanks Landa hun xx

Guest Kyriem

May - the virtual con this year had webcam access to the convention so it meant less need for drop-ins. Thanks to Scotsman Stuart we were able to help those at home feel more a part of the Vegas activiites. I believe Holly dropped in on Friday night to give a report because the webcam connection in the ballroom wasn't working.

This is really good!! I live in Italy right now, but I'm going to New Zealand in November for one year, so I'm sure I won't be there with you :(

But if I have to wake up in the middle of the night to be a part of GB convention through Skype or webcam, I'll do it!!!!

Edited by Kyriem

Sally, prior to this year's convention I inquired about my dietary issues for the catered Convention dinners. The hotel could accommodate my gluten free needs for those nights, but the problem is eating all other meals in the various restaurants. I know it sounds crazy, but even a speck of gluten makes me very ill. Unless restaurants have specific gluten free meals, you run the risk of cross contamination in food preparation, even if there is no wheat or gluten in specific dishes.

Fortunately, more and more restaurants are providing gluten free menu options, but it's still not a common practice. I'm hoping for the best.

Swannie

saving pennies....nickels....dimes.....you get the idea! i'm all over this! :yay:

WOO HOO!!!!!! I have my Con money!!!! I put it in a verra safe place so I don't spend it on something stoopid like BILLS!

Any word yet Mods? I am dying to get started on my outfit for Saturday!!

ONLY 9 MONTHS!!!!!!

"Date first" as it MAY affect some of the activities we are bouncing around. :cunning: Trust me, Dayna and Jenni are pounding this rock and we hope to have a date etched in stone soon!