Gerard Butler GALS
bellawolfe

The "GAME" GALS Play 4th Annual Charity Doll Tour

Andre with his cousin (sorry, Bells, I don't remember his name)

Merik Kable McSheridan

:wuv:

~Bells

Somehow the brothers (Andre and Kable) of my Gerek Jack MacManly have managed to change their last name to McManly. But Gerek is the oldest brother, and he's gonna keep the original spelling of the last name. All 3 brothers managed to get a "J" middle name (which happened by chance but I thought that was pretty cool when we realized it).

Somehow the brothers (Andre and Kable) of my Gerek Jack MacManly have managed to change their last name to McManly. But Gerek is the oldest brother, and he's gonna keep the original spelling of the last name. All 3 brothers managed to get a "J" middle name (which happened by chance but I thought that was pretty cool when we realized it).

Whoops - no, it's MacManly. Gotta go with the oldest brother ... :lol: My bad ... :D

That's OK Lisa, the last time I saw a post about Kable his last name was spelled McManly too (by Sherrell) so it seems to be a common mistake!

Where do you get these mandolls? I have never found a source.

I only have 300 dolls. Are there others available? If so, where?

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

WAR-TOYS.COM has 9 boxed Andre's available for $29.99 each, and 4 naked Andre's for $17.99 each.

Hope that helps!!

~Bella

Thank you Bellawolf and all who responded. I have an Andre doll. I don't

remember where I got it. I wouldn't know what to do a naked one. I don't sew

anymore, so I'll leave that to some of our more talented GALS.

I didn't know they were all Andre dolls. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I also have several Lionidas dolls that someone told me where to get. I love them

all. I hope to someday have a glass case to put them all in and display with pride.

You know, the old waiting for the lottery or a job which ever comes first.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

For those of you not familiar with the Marek Mandolls, here is what they can look like. These photos are of my Gerry MacStudley (Gerry M.) MacKuel and Lady Elissa's Archie Jonnie (A.J.) McErikson - hope I didn't misspell that! For anyone wanting to own a Mandoll, I must warn you that once you open the box, they become expensive!

{quoted pictures removed}

Suzie

What do you mean by "once you open the box they get expensive?"

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Edited by discoveringme
Quoted pictures removed. Too many to change to links.

Shirsan - if you notice all the different outfits and accessories they have you'll get what Suzie means about them getting expensive. As long as they stay in the box, dressed as Andre Marek, they aren't so expensive, but once you start getting them outfits, vehicles, friends, pets, furniture, musical instruments, condos... it seems the little guys have a knack for figuring out your eBay and PayPal account information and going to town there!

I'm oh so tired at the moment but not much for me in 2010...YET...

Any chance Kable can start in January? *bat eyelashes* I would love for him to be with me on my birthday (Jan 6th) & I tend to be good at conning my parents to take me to Hard Rock Cafe.

If it stays the same, the first weekend in June would be great. If I'm still working for the Y by then I will have time that I can ask off & hopefully go to the renaissance festival in Rogersville, TN. That is if all goes well & the crew I went with this year go next year & I have dog sitters. Kable would get a bit glittery though because I'd be bouncing around as my usual faerie self :D

I plan on starting Kable's tour in December as the dolls often miss all the Christmas festivities for their tour having just been shipped off to new owners! So The Game's GALS Play Tour will kick off December 1st -hopefully if all goes well with the end of Scotty's tour.

That and I have a teensy request.

Kable needs some combat boots and some recreational shoes if anyone is willing to donate to the cause. I have clothed our wee man in fatigues [green camo top & cargo pants] and a green tee that said "Ken" until I took a Sharpie to it! ~LOL~ He also has a man bag, khaki shorts and a striped shirt for warmer weather.

Please pm me for an addie to mail the shoes if you have a spare set. [The next two touring dolls need shoes too, but no rush for them just yet! ~LOL~ I may find some by the time their tours come up.]

Thanks!!

:hearts:

Bella

Oh Bells I bet he's utterly handsome *swoon* Wow to spend my birthday will Kable (if it's a possibility) would be super amazingly fantastic. Hmmmm no one has it planned yet since we're not to December but there are three January birthdays in my family (me, dad & step sis) & we always do a family dinner & Kable could meet the family & oh yes I would get my dad & step sis to pose with him. Wow I think I might have a better 31st than 30th this year if I got to spend some quality time with Kable. Oooooooo

Sorry day dreaming aloud :wuv:

Bella, consider Kable's footwear taken care of.....will forward ASAP.

Suzie

Well I hosted the other two and will be more than happy to host Kable as well.

Cassie

The first post has been updated to add the tour schedule dates.

Please post or PM the dates you'd like to volunteer. [First come first serve policy.]

If someone already has the week that you need, please PM them to see if there is any way they are willing to switch dates. I know some events are held each year at a specific time.

The doll should be shipped on Tuesday of each week to ensure the next hostess has the weekend to tour with Kable before she too ships on the following Tuesday. If you will be on vacation please take the weeks for the time you will be gone -esp. if you can't make the Tuesday ship date. Or if the doll needs to be shipped overseas, you need to take at least a three week block. [One week to ship, a week to tour, and a week to return to the US.]

Thankies!!

~Bella

I don't know if this is possible but I would love to have Kable for The Bounty premiere. I don't think we even have anything close to dates other than it's due to be released next summer?

So, if possible, keep it in mind, Belles. I already have two GALS coming to be with me whenever the premiere is, and it would be a blast to have Kable.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Susan will want him for Gerry's birthday.

Bella,

I'll take Sept 15 - 21st, please.

Thanks,

Linda

No clue how to work Kable in as I was hoping to have him for Jan 6th since I'll be 31 then & would love to spend my bday with him. It's too early for anyone to tell us when the family January birthdays are but usually between Jan 4th & Jan 13th...key word "usually"....I didn't want to hog him from like New Year's Day (even tho post office is shut down) til the 14th or something....I just know I want him with me the week of my birthday as I know I'll at least see my parents & go to Hard Rock Cafe if nothing else. It's how we did it this year for my 30th.

I can't put an exact date down for June because

1. Not sure if the same group is going to the renaissance festival then

2. Not sure where I'll be working then & taking time off. The ren faire is usually the first weekend in June...usually. I don't know if the group has made plans that far in advance yet as they are finishing off their stuff for this season which ends in November.

Sorry for any confusion. :rose:

Kable has to go to Vegas in June, so anyone who signs up for June at the moment be prepared to have your week possibly moved. I don't think the offical Vegas dates are out yet -that's why it's not listed yet.

Other than that, feel free to pencil yourselves in. If plans change [sapphire :wuv:] you can back out, but if someone takes the week you want because you didn't ask for it when it was open I can't help you. [Hint-Hint]

:)

~Bella

So can I have him Jan 2-14th ;)

If not hands down the week of Jan 6th....I want him with me on my bday. If he doesn't make it for the family birthday dinner (dad, me & step sis) because he has to go to the next hostess, I'll be fine. So long as we're together on my birthday, I'm speaking up now :D

ETS: First slot in December & keep him til end of first slot in Jan? PWEESE?! Trust me plenty of family stuff going on during that time, plus I know the Jonesworld family gets together during the holidays to celebrate. He'd be FAR from bored! :D Pretty please with sugar on top?

Edited by Sapphyre

Suzie and I would love to have Kable visit us in San Antonio, Texas for the local St. Patrick's Day festivities. Because the parade is on Saturday, March 14 and the Wreath Laying Ceremony at the Alamo is on Tuesday, March 17, we need to have him here for 2 weeks if that is ok. Please put us down for March 10-23. :)

Suzie and I would love to have Kable visit us in San Antonio, Texas for the local St. Patrick's Day festivities. Because the parade is on Saturday, March 14 and the Wreath Laying Ceremony at the Alamo is on Tuesday, March 17, we need to have him here for 2 weeks if that is ok. Please put us down for March 10-23. :)

Well, there are two of you GALS hosting, so certainly you can have two weeks! :wuv:

*UPDATE*

I was able to secure Kable a pair of black motorcycle boots thanks to a Shia Lebouf doll I found at Value Village for .99c! I cut the backs to put them on, but they look awesome!

I noticed also that the dates for Jay Leno and LAC premiere have been released -would anyone like to take Kable to those events?

Thanks ladies!!

~Bella

Bella,

Please pm me with the address that you would like me to send Scotty's souvenirs to.

Thanks, Linda

Bells how can Kable go to Jay Leno & LAC when those were this week? Sorry ya lost me :lol:

Wish I knew how to sew or someone who sewed doll clothes because I'd get Kable a biker jacket or at least a bomber jacket. :D

Bella,

I have the most fabulous news & I hope Kable is excited. My sis called me tonight on her way home from work. She has told her sister in law AND her best friend about Kable. The girls in the family are already going out before Kable comes. HOWEVER she has a million things she wants to do WITH Kable and me! I had to hold my sides in from laughing so hard. GREAT laughter as the ideas are amazing! My sister has the Toys for Tots charity with a wee man down pat! She knows it backwards & forwards & was able to tell her sister in law & BFF who want to join in! I know one day is going to be spent at the Opryland Hotel with Kable checking out the beautifully decorated place for the holidays with us three ladies who I believe we have decided to get dressed up just for him *happy sigh*. The girls think the Toys for Tots idea is fantastic. I could go on and on about all the ideas MY sister, has for Kable! I had just a few photo opps planned out & a gift waiting for him but my sister is many steps ahead of me & it's amazing! Plus getting the family involved! Dad already promised time with Kable and I plan to hold him to it (photo opp).

I just can't believe my baby sis who rolls her eyes at me and goes "Oh Anne..." & does that shake of the head & pats me on the back thinking I've lost it kinda thing...she's now SO into it & wants to help me! I need to write up an itenerary of sorts! WOW!

So excited!!!!

Edited by Sapphyre

Having hosted this doll for the Star Wars Weekends march at Disney World in Florida, these things can take on a life of their own.

I know when I hosted Jack MacRover, I had grown men that toted him around on their shoulders dressed in their stormtrooper gear. Once people learn it's for a charity cause, it's amazing what they'll do to reach out and assist. It was a grand and memorable time that gave an awareness to a very worthy cause.

Kable wasn't here today *sad face* I hope he shows up before Christmas Eve. My sister & I have a lot planned for him :)

ETA: Not too be a hog but if Kable needs a hostess for all of January & Feb. I'm game! :cunning: He'd make a great date for Valentine's Day! ;)

Edited by Sapphyre