Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's serious interviews.

I was watching on YouTube one of Gerry's old interviews the other day. He was talking about the phantom and had a black leather jacket on. What really struck me in that interview was how serious and reflective he was, which believe it or not made him even sexier! I really love deep men, the ones that are thinkers and that's how I felt that Gerry was in that interview. In fact I don't think he made any jokes at all.

However, in all of his recent interviews, he seems to be joking around a lot. And don't get me wrong, I love funny stuff and can appreciate a good sense of humour, but I'm just wondering why he is never serious anymore in the interviews. Does he feel for example that the public enjoys the funny stuff, so he switched his style, is it on purpose or maybe he isn't aware that he is doing it. Or maybe because the phantom is such a haunting movie, he felt that he needed to be more serious in the interviews?

Either way, I really like him when he is thinking and reflecting. It is very very sexy :)

IMO, you have to take into account the subject matter of the interview. POTO was a deep, moving, serious, thought provoking film. The interviewer would ask questions about the Phantom's tortured soul and lost love. Somewhat a different range of questions than say discussing a strip tease in PSILY or a poor Irish Accent, dancing with Handsome Bob in RnR, or playing duel roles in Nims Island... know what I mean???

Gerry gets serious when the time is appropriate. I saw many interesting, I guess more serious interviews for 300 in which he really studied the Spartans and the King's history. You could tell he really felt that role and felt an awesome responsibility to portray the King with power and unquestionable leadership. That passion to get it right came out in all of the interviews I saw during the 300 press parade. Similar in attitude in how he felt in playing the Phantom.

My two cents...

Edited by sav8821

I remember this one, he starts off looking really somber and he apologizes to the reporter for being low energy

Is that the one your referring too? That was a great interview as well and I love when he gets introspective as well

so your not alone but I enjoy his goofy interviews too :)

So maybe we can have some deep interviews for LAC? I see what you are saying, in the sense that his moods reflect the theme of the movies. But I just really like the more reflective side of him :)

Watch the Wrath of Gods interview. It is an hour long and you can see him in many different aspects.

I love watching this.

So maybe we can have some deep interviews for LAC? I see what you are saying, in the sense that his moods reflect the theme of the movies. But I just really like the more reflective side of him :)

Watch the Wrath of Gods interview. It is an hour long and you can see him in many different aspects.

I love watching this.

I don't think I've seen that one! One whole hour of Gerry talking? I'll have to check it out!

D

Delene,

oh yeah, baby; one full hour with Gerr. He is awesome and so amazing. Do you have the DVD? There are truly amazing things on this.

Delene,

oh yeah, baby; one full hour with Gerr. He is awesome and so amazing. Do you have the DVD? There are truly amazing things on this.

Is that B&G renamed?? If so, I do have it. I popped it out too soon!

D

The long sit-down interview with GB (in costume as Beowulf) in Wrath of Gods is amazing. It's kind of like having GB in your living room rambling on and on. I love it. Too bad the reporter's tape ran out or we could have had more!!

At the beginning of the interview he said he had a bad headache, but you would never have known it as he continued. He was a real pro under not too great circumstances. The interview, for some odd reason, takes place in a parked bus, several times the lights go out and they are interrupted a couple of times by people getting things off the bus. It was great the way he kept right on going during the power outages.

I also enjoyed (in a very different way!) the shorter interview with him after the film wrapped and they were getting him out of the costume and wet suit. Wish I could have been there to help.

Delene,

D

No, it is the documentary about the making of B&G. The title is Wrath of Gods. You can order it on Amazon.

IMO it is a MUST HAVE!!!

Edited by andrea71

The long sit-down interview with GB (in costume as Beowulf) in Wrath of Gods is amazing. It's kind of like having GB in your living room rambling on and on. I love it. Too bad the reporter's tape ran out or we could have had more!!

At the beginning of the interview he said he had a bad headache, but you would never have known it as he continued. He was a real pro under not too great circumstances. The interview, for some odd reason, takes place in a parked bus, several times the lights go out and they are interrupted a couple of times by people getting things off the bus. It was great the way he kept right on going during the power outages.

I also enjoyed (in a very different way!) the shorter interview with him after the film wrapped and they were getting him out of the costume and wet suit. Wish I could have been there to help.

I so envied the woman who did all the dressing, undressing. Damn! :bonk: To be that close to him? Holy Mother!

He was such a trooper with the headache; I felt bad for him the whole time. When I get a headache, I need medication immediately; cannot take the pain, let alone giving an interview for an hour.

Edited by andrea71

Delene,

D

No, it is the documentary about the making of B&G. The title is Wrath of Gods. You can order it on Amazon.

IMO it is a MUST HAVE!!!

Gotcha! I'll have to get it.

Thanks,

Delene

I fully agree with Andrea. I got my DVD last Friday, and still cannot get enought to listen to these interviews!!! He is really amazing!!! The DVD is definitely worth having!!! :wave::wave::wave:

Of course, there are many wonderful interviews (practically all his interviews). He did also very nice interviews about Dear Frankie. Becozy even made a special thread of them for Con/Virtual Con where they are all together. I love especially the one with a reporter named Bonnie.

Edited by Donnie

OH Delene!!

You must get Wrath of Gods! It is a must have. The documentary is outstanding with the added bonus of seeing Gerry in a ONE HOUR interview in his trailer!! He is in costume as Beowulf because he just got off a shoot at 2:00 AM in the morning. He had a headache but it didn't stop him from being funny. He was amazing in that interview.

You will also see Gerry being undressed by a woman who takes care of him on set. I mean almost totally undressed. Gerry is not modest by any means. Lucky lady! Yes, you must get this DVD!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

YESSS that IS the interview that I am talking about. I loved him in it, especially the low energy part. He was very very sexy

I was watching on YouTube one of Gerry's old interviews the other day. He was talking about the phantom and had a black leather jacket on. What really struck me in that interview was how serious and reflective he was, which believe it or not made him even sexier! I really love deep men, the ones that are thinkers and that's how I felt that Gerry was in that interview. In fact I don't think he made any jokes at all.

However, in all of his recent interviews, he seems to be joking around a lot. And don't get me wrong, I love funny stuff and can appreciate a good sense of humour, but I'm just wondering why he is never serious anymore in the interviews. Does he feel for example that the public enjoys the funny stuff, so he switched his style, is it on purpose or maybe he isn't aware that he is doing it. Or maybe because the phantom is such a haunting movie, he felt that he needed to be more serious in the interviews?

Either way, I really like him when he is thinking and reflecting. It is very very sexy :)

Do ya have a link please?

I must say that although I liked all the interviews in "The Wrath of Gods" very much, I cannot approve of the behaviour of the inteviewers in it!!! They knew how much he must have been tired, but they kept on interviewing... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

As to LAC, so far, I remember just very brief interviews and an article about that. On some other website (I now really do not remember where, I just downloaded the thing) I downloaded the whole script of it, and it looked really interesting!!! I do not want to give any spoilers for who did not read it there, also, according to the article where GB spoke about it (how he liked, as a co-producer, to modify the script), I do not know if the script was what we will see, but I am longing for the film very much, because I hope this would really be something!!!

:wave::wave::wave:

And I really do not think he is not serious any more in the inteviews!!! Of course, there is a difference between an impromptu question in the street (which I would not be able to answer at all), and a seriously meant inteview, where he gets much more serious and introspective. :pointy::pointy::pointy:

Edited by Donnie

I've discovered that there are serious and reflective moments in almost all of his press junkets, it just depends on who is asking the questions and how many times he gets asked the same thing. :p He seemed particularly relaxed in all his Japanese visits. Perhaps they're more polite and accepting of him. Phantom was the first time that the spotlight was squarely on him and there are many very revealing interviews from that period. He's gotten a little more protective of himself as time has gone by since not everybody used his honesty kindly.

Jane

It that the interview girls?

Here you go my dear:

The link I posted on my other post is from the Wrath of the Gods interview that everyone is talking about.

Thanks! I'll go watch it. I haven't watched any of the Phantom ones in a long time. It will be a treat. WoG, I watch a few times a year.

Gerry got serious during some of the PSILY interviews as well. Very enlightening and insightful. The man is brilliant.

Delene, I cannot believe you don't have WOG yet. You MUST get it, watch and then watch the interviews. But get the Euro version ...

I agree that after being asked the same questions over and over for weeks can be annoying. How insightful can you be after being asked "why did you take this role" a hundred times. You have to make it fun for yourself, and I think that's what Gerry does and why after a while we don't get so many serious interviews anymore.

But we do get some serious interviews in print - the latest Men's Health for example. We still get glimpses into Gerry's thoughts and philosophy of life. It would be nice to get a good sit down face-to-face serious interview, and maybe one day we will. I suspect for LAC we might get our wish.

I have to check out that POTO interview. I haven't watched very many older interviews. Thanks for the link!

Lisa