Gerard Butler GALS

Gerard in "Esquire" August issue magazine!

Prints too small on the pics in the gallery to read. WAHH!!! I hiked all over the area near my offices looking for a copy. No one carries "Esquire". Dang!! I do live in a one horse, cows walking down Main Street, cousin kissing town!!!!

The Divine ( sniffle sniffle ) Miss S :rose:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's fun to look at the article and pictures online, there is no substitute for actually having the magazine in your hands and seeing the whole thing in print.

I also think it's a good idea to purchase a copy, thereby showing support to Esquire which gave us such a great article and those wonderful pictures o Gerry.

Exactly! The publishers always look at the how well certain magazine covers sale! So for those of us stateside, it’s $3.99 a copy, money well spent.

OH HOLY SHITE!!!!! :swoon:

I think those are the BEST pictures I've seen of him in a long time. I think my heart stopped. How am I supposed to focus on my job interview now?

I KNOW!!! :wuv::drool1:

I was out at lunch tracking down the magazine with no luck dammit. It's gonna be another manhunt like the Men's Health magazine. I won't rest until I find it.

Edited by isaboo

What a great article! I really loved it and I also loved the idea that the author was not told who he was interviewing.

I think we've all shared the experience of listing out every movie Gerry's been in, when explaining who you're talking about. 300 helps, because most people have seen it or are at least aware of it. Although most still wouldn't recognize him from that either.

You're just such a chameleon Gerry.............and we love it.

Uhoh............maybe I said love a few too many times.................oh well, too bad.

As I said earlier the pictures are gorgeous. I really LOVE them. :lol:

Sorry, had to throw it in. I'm a goober. I know.

Hugs,

Ren

Somehow, I imagine Mr. G. had a smirk on his face as he stood next to the fridge. "Yeah, I can sing like I'm in an opera." ;)

The Divine Miss S :rose:

There is a little liquor store in the center next to my office and they have a small magazine stand so I stopped there on the way to work and bought the one and only copy they had! I'm heading out at lunch for some more copies - I want at least 3 more, maybe 4. I bought 7 of the first Men's Health with Gerry on the cover. I really love this article. Somehow they keep getting better - I loved the last Men's Health article where the interview was done while Gerry shopped and walked around in Edinburgh, and I love this one - that last paragraph just about left me breathless thinking about being there. I'd love to see his house, after seeing what he did with his loft in NYC I can only imagine how beautiful his house must be. Gerry, can we all come over for movie night in your cinema????

This backwards hick town I live in has no copies out yet. They still have up the old copies of Esquire and that makes me mad. Walmart, Target K-Mart, everywhere I checked nothing. We are not on the Esquire list of towns to hurry their shipment to. Even Hastings a book store-video store doesn't have it up yet. Gad, it's prairie hell out here, and it's damn hot temp wise too.

This scan on Gals is too small to read. *Head in hands shaking it back and forth. sigh!!*

Edited by Timeflies

This scan on Gals is too small to read. *Head in hands shaking it back and forth. sigh!!*

Click on each of the printed pages, then try "Ctrl" "+" a few times, each time will enlarge the print a bit. The print is pretty blurry, but I was able to read most of the article. It's a great one.

I just love Stu. While I agree there is nothing like having your own copy when we cant even get it in the UK an internet version is the next best thing. Great interview. I actually wonder what the interviewer thought when he came out singing - bet he was not expecting that :funnyup:

Moira

I loved the article! Hard to read at times yes because of the size issues, so i'm overly anxious for a better scan =] All sold out of copies of Esquire near me, have to wait for more...arggghhhhh! :tantrum:

Gerry, can we all come over for movie night in your cinema????

Oh Love, you dunna know what a big old can a worms you've opened!! With all us girlies hanging about his cinema, the man'll no get any sleep!! lol lol

The Divine Miss S :rose:

( I just hope he has enough popcorn!! )

Beautiful photos and great interview. A guy named Gerry!!!

:whome2:

And finally they got the numbers right for his movies - $1.2 billion dollars...

Break a leg G-man on the 24th of July.

:wave:

I went to the IMDb website to try and get a copy of the article that had been posted in the Esquire cover boy thread and read through the posts. We all know how "nice" everyone is at IMDb - right? (not) :tantrum:

Anyway - Last time I checked $1.2 Billion as in 1000 x 1M was NOT chump change. Yes, ladies and gents that does equal the A-LIST. :cheer2:

Ahhhhhh, July and September ...

Kick out the stops and let the good times roll!!!!!! :woo::woo:

I've been on the search too....Haven't checked out target yet so that'll be tomorrow...Meanwhile I'll be very happy with our Pal Stuart's contribution to us Gals that can't get our mags yet! Knowing me I will (once I find it) buy a few of them! :cunning:

:wave: Frannie

:woo: I stopped by B&N on the way home and scored 2 copies of the mag. After reading the article and seeing the AMAZING pics, I think I'll need at least one more. The awesome color pic in the white T will definitely be framed! :wuv:

The article was soooooo good, but could you imagine being the interviewer and not knowing ANYTHING about "Some Guy Named Gerry"!!! :lol: Gerry's responses were too fooking funny! I didn't learn 300 things about Gerry Baby, but I did learn a lot about his dark past. I'm soooo glad he was fired from the law firm, aren't you Gals??!! :drink:

I went to FOUR stores and not one of them had it.

TWO didn't even carry the magazine.

I hear that! I cannot find it for the life of me, even Barnes & Noble have the July issue STILL on the shelves. More than annoying at this point.

Out of curiosity as a UK national I purchased the magazine on Ebay for around $22.00 including p&p.

Is this excessive or around what I should expect.

J

I think it might be a little steep. The mag is about what $6.95? $7.95? Postage to the UK runs anywhere from $3.75 to $12.50?

:drink: you got that right, VA fan!!!

No new issue at Wally World; three of the nekkie girl on the cover left though. I wanted to hurl them onto the floor!

Thanks Barb for tiding us over and Stuart for that awesome file!! Wow!

Out of curiosity as a UK national I purchased the magazine on Ebay for around $22.00 including p&p.

Is this excessive or around what I should expect.

J

It's about par for the course on eBay. Mags run anywhere from $10 to $20, depending upon the dealer and the desirablility of the magazine. Then shipping is routinely charged on the high end - $8-12 for overseas shipping. (I buy a lot of foreign magazines.)

Venders will charge as much as the traffic will bear. Sometimes if you wait a bit, a vendor will offer things at a lower price but you just don't know how many will be offered or how soon. Pick a price you're comfortable with and go for it.

Sometimes the publisher offers a back issue service which may be cheaper, too.

Nobody has it out in my little town. The British ladies will be amused to know that our main independent bookstore only has the British version on its shelves right now. :D Our Walmart doesn't carry it at all (we're a hot rod and hunting kind of town). Our other bookstore does carry it but sometimes does not put new mags out until the actual month they represent comes around. In other words, they have been known to hold a magazine until the first of the month of its issue date (they did that with Men's Health). Try again next week.

Jane

Edited by Jeb
I remember when I was looking for Men's Health before I actually had the best luck finding it at 7-11. I don't know if they carry Esquire or not. I never made it to the store at lunch so I'll have to go on the prowl for it after work (for more copies, I have one).

This seems to be a real problem! I had to look at Walmart (nope), Fry's (nada), CVS (zip), Walgreens (nyet), Safeway (non), Target (nein), Circle K (as if!), and my last hope here in Hell [Casa Grande AZ 111 degrees today] was Albertson's (Hooray!!). I walked up to the register, plunked my copy down and the cashier said "Mmm, Nice!" I'm thinking as I swipe my card,"Yes he is now hurry the fook up!"

I didn't learn 300 things about Gerry either. But when the reporter asked what movies Gerry had been in and his first answer was "Phantom of the Opera" I was so tickled! When I first looked at the pics, there wasn't even a pile of ash to be swept up! :spit: I was so discomboobilated I had trouble driving!

I'm better now....but I will need to get another copy!

Bless you Sam (can't remember his name) for the best pictures I've seen of Gerry since Klaus!