Gerard Butler GALS

Gerard in "Esquire" August issue magazine!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it!! Target by my work doesn't carry Esquire, but I stopped at Barnes & Noble a few minutes ago and they had it.

What a relief! Love it...........................oh wait.........I think I covered that earlier. :)

Going to work out.

Later,

Ren

This seems to be a real problem! I had to look at Walmart (nope), Fry's (nada), CVS (zip), Walgreens (nyet), Safeway (non), Target (nein), Circle K (as if!), and my last hope here in Hell [Casa Grande AZ 111 degrees today] was Albertson's (Hooray!!). I walked up to the register, plunked my copy down and the cashier said "Mmm, Nice!" I'm thinking as I swipe my card,"Yes he is now hurry the fook up!"

Deb, I checked a lot too but didn't have your good luck. I struck out in my little town in Delaware. I checked 4 drug stores, Walmart, Wawa and Food Lion. Nada. Maybe they will get it in ...oh maybe by December. They are sooo behind here.

Oh Gerry, the things I do for you, luv! :D I haven't been like this since I was a Beatlemaniac buying up everything and anything that had a word about them in it. :whoa: But you're worth it, Gerry. :wuv: Hope everyone gets a copy that wants one. I will keep looking...

Hugs,

Diane

I actually stole my brother's copy since he has a subscription. hehe. Not that he'll ever know. Hmm it must have been lost in the mail, too bad bro.

I really liked the article and I thought it is one of the better ones to come out in a while. The pictures were great too, the only thing I could complain about was that there weren't more of them.

I remember when the Men's Health came out when I was in Toronto last September I got it in a 7/11 just down from my hotel. They had a great range of magazines. Don't rule them out if you see them.

Moira

Gosh, I feel bad! :doh: I haven't even checked Wal-Mart where I work. Reading all the posts I hope I get my copy tomorrow. Set my alarm clock from my cell phone as a reminder that I gotta get my fix. Good way to get rid of migraine headache. Should have done it today.

I was told about it last night by someone who already had it so first thing this morning I headed out to Barnes and Noble and a couple of other stores with no luck. Then I found out it isn't due on the stands until next week so I stopped looking. I've never been lucky enough to find any of the places around here that put the magazines out early.

The July issue is out - I have found it many places - it has Bar Refaeli (most recently linked with and possibly now split from Leonardo DiCaprio) naked on the cover with words printed all over her.

So then he'll be on the cover of the August issue ... just for my birthday!! :pointy: Thank you for this heads up! I'll keep a lookout.

I got mine at borders on Thurs. OMG wait untile you see it .

This seems to be a real problem! I had to look at Walmart (nope), Fry's (nada), CVS (zip), Walgreens (nyet), Safeway (non), Target (nein), Circle K (as if!), and my last hope here in Hell [Casa Grande AZ 111 degrees today] was Albertson's (Hooray!!). I walked up to the register, plunked my copy down and the cashier said "Mmm, Nice!" I'm thinking as I swipe my card,"Yes he is now hurry the fook up!"

I didn't learn 300 things about Gerry either. But when the reporter asked what movies Gerry had been in and his first answer was "Phantom of the Opera" I was so tickled! When I first looked at the pics, there wasn't even a pile of ash to be swept up! :spit: I was so discomboobilated I had trouble driving!

I'm better now....but I will need to get another copy!

Bless you Sam (can't remember his name) for the best pictures I've seen of Gerry since Klaus!

I got my copies at borders on Thursday . I called ahead .The clerk at the store thought I was nuts I almost jumped over the counter to get them . But my old knees are too stiff lol. Is't he magnificent . My poor husband was doubled parked in center city waiting for me to get the magazine . Go Gerry

I finally got past the Gerard article, (after many readings and licking of photos) and read the "Sexiest Piemaker"...... I thought it was great!!! Something for everyone in this issue, Gerard for the ladies and a pretty gal for the guys.

Now if I can send of word of warning to Mr. Fussman......once Ms. Fussman watches POTO and all the other wonderful GB movies, you will lose her to our world!!! She'll NEVER be the same! She'll be begging you to accept Gerard's "you can use my cinema" invitation for a chance to meet him and see his really, really nice house!! One more thing....at the risk of being picky, as you listened to Gerard singing "Music of the Night" the word is SOAR not SO.... Great article anyway Mr. Fussman....wish you would write an article on the rest of the things that happened during your interview AND everything else you two talked about for 3 hours....PLEASE??? Now THAT would sell even more magazines........

I did learn a few new things about Gerry from this article: Of course Gerry is a terrific storyteller I knew that. But he is a good listener too, Fussman would tell Gerry a bit about his experiences and from Gerry’s responses it was clear that Gerry understood and would fling back a succinct one liner. Also I’ve never seen other movie stars do this in these sorts of magazine articles but Gerry expressed interest in Fussman, asked him questions and did so in a very funny and very Gerry way.

During a break from Gerry’s legal studies Gerry briefly worked the state fair carnival circuit here in California, which boggled my mind. Imagine finding him operating the Ferris wheel, or better yet offering rides into The Tunnel of Love….

During a break from Gerry's legal studies Gerry briefly worked the state fair carnival circuit here in California, which boggled my mind. Imagine finding him operating the Ferris wheel, or better yet offering rides into The Tunnel of Love….

Have you watched the Leno when he talks about working on the Wacky Wire? It's hilarious. He mentions being in either Sacto or Bakersfield. You'll love it!

I sent an email to Esquire thanking them and Mr. Fussman for the article. I added some comments re Gerard. They sent a very nice note back and said they will let Mr. Fussman know..... If you're up for it the address is: esquire@hearst.com

We all seem to being enjoying the article & the pix. Hmm?? Wonder what the reject pix looked like??? :cunning:

The Divine Miss S :rose:

Ten miles and four stores later.....I have my copy. Geez...this guy makes us work.

Yes, he makes us work. But ya gotta admit, the fringe benefits ROCK!! lol

The Divine Miss S :rose:

Ten miles and four stores later.....I have my copy. Geez...this guy makes us work.

I don't' want to hear it ... I just drove 70 miles round trip to get mine and Danielle's copies! So no one complain! :lol:

But it was so worth it. I stood in Borders holding it for a few minutes before my son's girlfriend asked me if I was ready? LOL The sales girl asked "Did you find everything okay?" I informed her how I drove all the way from Porterville to get it. She holds up the magazine and asked, "Is it for the guy on the cover?" I said yes, and then, when we got outside, Krystal told me that I said it as if the girl was stupid.

Anyway, I'm excited that I have my copy and will be mailing Danielle hers. Now I'll read the whole thing ...

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

After calling bookstores all over Tulsa, it occurred to me to call Esquire. I have, in fact, spoken with a person in "circulation" at Esquire. The magazine is not supposed to be on sale until July 9. The rep would neither confirm nor deny that Gerard was on the cover. Apparently some stores are displaying it early. However, for many of us, it won't do any good to go in search of the mag until next week. Just an fyi...

Well that's really interesting because...I just stopped in my local grocery store on the 9th after only glancing at the headline of this thread, and I didn't bother to see what month the issues there were, but there was a naked woman on the cover, and I glanced thru to see Gerry but didn't see him.

???

After calling bookstores all over Tulsa, it occurred to me to call Esquire. I have, in fact, spoken with a person in "circulation" at Esquire. The magazine is not supposed to be on sale until July 9. The rep would neither confirm nor deny that Gerard was on the cover. Apparently some stores are displaying it early. However, for many of us, it won't do any good to go in search of the mag until next week. Just an fyi...

Well that's really interesting because...I just stopped in my local grocery store on the 9th after only glancing at the headline of this thread, and I didn't bother to see what month the issues there were, but there was a naked woman on the cover, and I glanced thru to see Gerry but didn't see him.

???

That's last month's. Just means your store hasn't gotten their new ones yet. :) It's out.

I managed to snare a second copy of Esquire today. This time it had arrived at Walden's. This copy will be for cutting out the pic of GB in the Elvis sunglasses and plastering it on my refrig.

I don't know where to put this, but if it isn't already posted here somewhere - Gerry's going to be on Craig Ferguson on July 21. That bit of news has made my day.

I guess going into San Francisco on the subway and limping (a pulled muscle in my calf) up Powell Street to the Union Square Borders so I could snag my copy a day early is small potatoes compared to what some of you have gone through. But be assured the August Esquire has not even showed up in my neighborhood yet, so no sacrifice was too small to get my hands on a red hot copy!