Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

7/6 - Gerry's 4th

Football, shmootball, I just would love to see him be all athletic, What a turn on!

LOL I would love to watch him play any sport ... I bet he's fantastic. All sweaty and dirty and smelly ... a total turn on! :yummy: That's one reason I love to watch Game of Their Lives.

I find it funny that on many of the general celebrity/gossip sites a lot of women (and even a couple of guys who admit being gay) are writing about Gerard Butler and how hot he is. You'd think they just discovered the key to Ft. Knox. LOL. Where were they 10 years ago? All this hotness has been right in front of their dumb faces if they'd only paid attention. Oh, well, looks like the rest of the world is FINALLY catching up to what we've always known.

:wave:

Didn't GB say he was pants at footy when he was filming or playing a friendly...but he's stopped smoking now so maybe his lungs have caught up with the rest of his brill body :wave: and shmootball like soccer you watch.....FOOTBALL you live...it's TRIBAL...it may become less important at times but when your team is on a roll you see nothing else.....honestly I do not jest...if you could ask GB as a Glasgow fan he'd say exactly the same thing.....IMO :wave:

but here endeth the lesson in the use of the word soccer instead of FOOTBALL hee hee... :wave:

lol

Marg

x

and GB...sweat nearly as good as a white frilly shirt and tight pants......

Football, shmootball, I just would love to see him be all athletic, What a turn on! :whoa:

Football, shmootball, I just would love to see him be all athletic, What a turn on! :whoa:

Then watch him in "Miracle Match". He can play "fitball" with the best

of them. AND, it's a good movie as well.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Didn't he say somewhere that he played football until he was in his 20's? He played forward in futbol but in the Miracle Match movie they made him a goalie - and he apologized to the soccer fans that he never played goalie so to excuse him?

I think he also played soccer with Hollywood United, a team that Jason Stratham was also playing for, in early 2000?

:hmm:

It was so nice to hear that Gerry got to relax during the shooting of Bounty! We all deserve a break from work!

Wow, it sounds like he has been having fun, but I must say, for someone who has said that he doesn't drink alcohol anymore he sure seems to be having an awful lot of "non alcoholic" alcohol named drinks lately, I believe someone has been lying about what he really does at parties (not that I'm really surprised, he is a celebrity after all, I had just hoped he was being truthful about something that is really important to me) and it certainly will change my opinion of him as a person. Alcoholics are really hard to handle at times. ( I know from my experiences about that subject), But I still will pray and care about him, non the less, ( I'm hopeless aren't I, LOL) sincerely, TZ

I am constantly amazed at Gerry's powers of restraint and have no doubt that he hasn't had a drink or a cigarette since he gave them up (is it over 10 years now for not drinking?). Amazing and just a reflection on how seriously he is taking his career...

I never believe what I see in the news - or as Will Rogers said, "All I know is what I read in the press, and that is my excuse for ignorance." (I also quote Adam Smith and Niccolo Maciavelli a lot, but they never spoke of the press - wise men...)

:wave:

Edited by Lady Ski Bum

I don't read much press just look at the pictures but I am alittle worried about his drinking--really hope he hasn't started again--but he goes to all these clubs and it seems some of the more recent photo's of him his face looks kinda bloated and bags under his eyes--maybe it's just bad angles and God only know that with all the work he does he may just be tired. Drinking could ruin what is turning into a very wonderful career and he has worked hard to get to this point. I think he can be one of the best actors of all time right up there with Newman, Eastwood and others that have lasted. I wish him nothing but good things

:hugs:

Please girls! Would you please stop with this nonsense about drinking?!

They were not even referring to him, and it is just a stupid local paper. How can you believe it?

Sorry about the double post just want to add that he's one of those men that just keeps getting better looking as he gets older--some are really Hot when their in their 20's and 30' s then go down hill--Not our Gerard he just gets Hotter and Hotter

:jackie::attila2::phantom::leo2::alex:

:hugs:

I work for a publication so I know how these things work. None of these blogs or various other outlets can afford to send anyone to cover these events. So they are usually compiling information from press releases, guest lists and second hand info that no one takes the time to verify. Thus if the menu says BBQ hamburger’s and beer were served, then the assumption well be that the party goers were eating and drinking just that, even though that might not be the case at all. Far be for me to spoil anything but in a very, very recent interview Gerry states in a blunt and to the point manner that he does not drink.

Edited by Rubee815

I work for a publication so I know how these things work. Now of these blogs or various other outlets can afford to send anyone to cover these events. So they are usually compiling information from press releases, guest lists and second hand info that no one takes the time to verify. Thus if the menu says BBQ hamburger’s and beer were served, then the assumption well be that the party goers were eating and drinking just that, even though that might not be the case at all. Far be for me to spoil anything but in a very, very recent interview Gerry states in a blunt and to the point matter that he does not drink.

Thank you. It seemed obvious to me from the tone of the article that the reporter had not actually been present to see what anyone was eating, drinking or doing but was reporting what they'd been told was available. You have experience and knowledge on your side as well. :D

Jane

It baffles me when anyone who is a fan of Gerry's jumps to the negative conclusion that he's drinking from an article that has no real basis in fact. I can see why a casual follower, or someone who just happened upon the blog by accident may jump to that conclusion but if you are enough of a fan to have joined a fan site and post on it then why not jump to the conclusion on GERRY'S side instead of on the side of someone who wasn't even there to see whether he drank or not?

Until Gerry tells us otherwise, or until I see him walking around with a bottle of Guinness in his hand, my faith is with him still being on the wagon. Others who have been at parties with him in recent months have commented that he did not drink alcohol, preferring to stick with water or Coke.

And just for the record, this is a sensitive subject for me as well as someone with 20 years of sobriety married to someone with a couple more years than that.

Thanks for your post Susan.

I was struggling w/ saying the same thing, but you said it so well. I probably would have been "EDITED".:)

Ren

Thank you, Susan. I thought (and have thought on other issues) the same thing but I couldn't trust my initial anger. I was pleased to see Rubee815's post too, since my rebuttal just comes across as 'besotted fan'. LOL Until definitive proof to the contrary, I trust Gerry and what he says. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here.

Jane

Thank you, Susan. I thought (and have thought on other issues) the same thing but I couldn't trust my initial anger. I was pleased to see Rubee815's post too, since my rebuttal just comes across as 'besotted fan'. LOL Until definitive proof to the contrary, I trust Gerry and what he says. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here.

Jane

I can assure you I'm besotted! Very besotted!! :wuv:

Gerry is the only man who has ever reduced me to using emoticons!

I didn't read the article but was just observing some recent photo's that kinda concerned me--I too have been affected by achohol abuse my ex-husband is one(that's why he's ex) I prefer too believe that Gerry is not drinking and like the previous post need more proof than a mag or pic that maybe isn't real good--although with him it's hard to take a not so good pic becuz he's so easy on the eyes.

:attila:

:butterfly::hearts::hugs:

Prefer to believe? I'm sorry but I BELIEVE the words that come out of Gerry's mouth over anything else. Pictures don't tell you anything other than the man is tired.

But Rubee and Susan said it all ...

Was there ever any question? Not in my mind! Just read the new Esquire article and hear the man's own words...

:wuv:

Scorpio is said to have the strenght and determination to quit something bad and never

come back to it. Gerry won't drink anymore!! Like Chopra said when he quit smoking:

" I don't smoke because I don't need it anymore". Gerry has learned from the best.

hugs :

whome2:

yes, you

Prefer to believe? I'm sorry but I BELIEVE the words that come out of Gerry's mouth over anything else. Pictures don't tell you anything other than the man is tired.

But Rubee and Susan said it all ...

I agree 100% with what you and Susan and Rubee said. I have nothing more to add.

As many times as Gerry has said "I don't drink," including in the Esquire interview, don't you think that if some pap or other gossip writer had actually seen him with booze in his hand they wouldn't have been all over it, calling him on it? They live for that kind of thing. Because no one has done that just makes me believe that Gerry is true to his word. In fact, I remember in one of the New Year's Eve posts, one of the gossipy writers even said that GB was only drinking diet Coke. Remember, a lot of these people are only just now becoming familiar with GB, and they just post what people in the group he is with are doing.

He's in a whole new stratosphere now. Isn't that what we've wanted for the last decade? LOL. Reminds me of the old saying, "Be careful of what you wish for..."