Gerard Butler GALS

Need Help With Getting a Novel Published

gerran

Hi. I am currently writing a Phantom of the Opera novel, and I know that several members of this forum have Phantom of the Opera novels published. If it’s not too much trouble, I would like to know what I need to do to get my novel published as soon as I have it finished, which should be done before I return to school. Do I need to put anything special in my novel? Thank you for your time and your help, and if I should be posting this somewhere else, please let me know. Thanks.

Hi. I am currently writing a Phantom of the Opera novel, and I know that several members of this forum have Phantom of the Opera novels published. If it’s not too much trouble, I would like to know what I need to do to get my novel published as soon as I have it finished, which should be done before I return to school. Do I need to put anything special in my novel? Thank you for your time and your help, and if I should be posting this somewhere else, please let me know. Thanks.

Honestly, it's not about anything "special" that you put into your novel. It needs to be well-written, and well-edited. Then, you need to query publishers. If you get rejections with some good criticisms, *take them to heart.* Re-write, and re-write again. My third draft of the book was the one that was accepted by a publisher in the UK.

The process should not be about "getting it published as soon as you're finished." It should be about refining your work so that it tells your story in the best way possible. You may want to consider joining some writers' sites, like Editor Unleashed (http://www.editorunleashed.com) where you can post excerpts and things for discussion and criticism.

Best of luck to you with your story.

Edited to add: My story took three years to write, six months for edits and re-writes, and another year to be published. Stephen King had his office wallpapered with 122 rejection letters. This is not a quick and easy process at all.

Edited by Fiona64

• 3 weeks later...

Try "Outskirts Press". They are publishing my book, "The Phantom's Redemption" and also published another Phantom book, "Into the Light." They have many different packages and all sorts of add ons, so you can go with your budget pretty close. This is from someone who is considered poor- :lmao: by gov't standards. So you can decide what you want. I wish you luck. Debbie, who wrote "ITL" helped me.

Anne :yay: