Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry-central park

poersii

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That video proves that he LOVES his fans.

Those girls were just teenagers and I think that is another reason he was so accommodating to them.

They were young and respectful.

The hug was cute when she was shaking!!

That probably made her life and his day completely.

He was so adorable just sitting there enjoying the part.

He wasn't even on his phone :lol:

That would be a dream come true to meet him like that.

I think he sometimes uses his phone to deflect attention from the paps. In this encounter, he didn't feel threatened, so he could just be himself without putting up defenses.

Of course other people will find a negative spin to this, but that's their problem. I've read gazillions of fan encounter stories, and most of them are just like this. He's sweet, attentive and adorable. The only time he seems to get grumpy or short tempered is when fans push too hard, or when it's a big crowd and he feels rushed. The majority of the time when he bumps into fans, he's just like he is in this video.

AWESOME!!!

Swannie

This is one of the BEST EVER fan encounters and how lucky are we, there is a video!

They did have the perfect situation and opportunity. WOW!!!

J.

Such a sweet, sweet man ... He makes my heart pound harder and ache, but all in a good way. I agree, THAT'S the way to meet him. SIGH I would love that kind of encounter. Just two people ... no movie premiere, no other fans screaming at him, just two people in a chance meeting sharing a conversation. That would be a dream come true.

Babes you will one day. As someone who has indeed had what Lisa wishes for it is magical but surreal on the other hand. He does make you feel very calm it is when he walks away you lose it.

I don't have sound on my work's standalone so will have to watch this in its full glory tonight. From what I can see this is the Gerry we all know and love, why we stick around and why we are in it for the long haul :wuv::wuv::wuv:

Moira

I agree, definitely talking about the story of the Phantom.

What a great video. Those girls will never forget their encounter. Gerry was very sweet w/ them.

By the way, Cheryl, I'm sure synchronicity sounds familiar because we just read it in the Esquire article. He was talking about his Mom and the balloon w/ the word "Mom" floated out of nowhere. Just those strange things that happen in life. Coincidence? :)

Ren

Yes Ren! That's where I just heard it! LOL

OMG, I just watched the video again and noticed that the seam of Gerry's sleeve is ripped on the back shoulder! Too funny! He's such a guy!!!!!

Swannie

I sae that too Swannie. What a guy is right!

Cheryl

This video is proof why I love Gerry! He is so gracious & kind. The girls were the perfect fans. It is a sweet video. Gerry has been so fortunate to have traveled the world. It gives him so much to share with people. This video made my day!

This is sooo sweet..

The girls were adorable and polite! Nice to see from teenage girls..

And Gerry was really down to earth and very sweet.

Like someone said, I think it must be a totally different experience when genuinely interested people come up to say hi and that they enjoy his work.. then the paps snapping photos to sell to the highest bidder.

Great Youtube video.. Enjoyed this one a lot.

I guess the guy taking the video was perhaps the father and I believe I saw a woman's face in there momentarily and she looked just like the little blonde girl so that must be her mother.

It's incredible that those two young girls spotted him like that and recognized him! I wonder if they remembered him from seeing POTO or another more recent movie. The family was obviously just walking through the park when the girls came up on him sitting there! Can you imagine visiting NYC and getting POTO tickets and then running in to the "Phantom" in the park? That was truly "synchronicity" and definately kismet.

Gerry obivously enjoys being alone and just hanging around, especially when he is so surrounded by people most of the time.

This was in April before he started filming Bounty so it was during that time he was in NYC after being in Philly I guess and just before he took his vacation to India.

I loved how they apologized for bothering him. Nice little girls!

D

This is the most wonderful video I have ever seen of Gerry. He is sweet and adorable and absolutely the real person I fell in love with 5 years ago. I've saved every video interview, etc., that has been made available over the years, but I must say, I'd trade any or all of them for a personal copy of this one for my computer. Hint, hint! I do hope our GALS can make this a download for us. Thank you, if you can.

bflo

Thanks for the vid!

What a great experience. :)

One thing I wanted to comment on was when Millie (blonde haired girlie) was apologizing to him & she didn't want to seem like a stalker or anything. When she began to apologize I think his reaction was "For what?"

He's such a huge sweetheart & a man with a giant heart. I'm glad the girls not only have pictures with him but he was more than willing to sign autographs for each girl & did not mind everything being video tapped.

A great memory for sure...

:rose:

I hope he can continue to find quiet moments in the park and that it doesn't become off-limits because of too many fans looking for 'their moment'.

Jane

Amen to that ...

I hope so too, however, the reality is that as his star rises, he will be more easily spotted by not only fans but the general movie going public also looking for "their moment" with a star as well. It's a burden he has to bear as he joins the ranks of other celebrities like Hugh Jackman, George Cloony, and Tom Cruise in popularity and I truly feel he's heading that way! In fact, I was showing my husband the trailer to Gamer and he made the comment, "you know, he's a really good actor". I said, "well, duh!"

The best possible place to be rather incognito is NYC it seems. Most everyone there is going about their own business for the most part and tourists are mostly distracted by the sites and there are so many people around at any given time, he could blend in. I don't think Gerry minds being recognized at all by the random fan, in fact, I think he kind of likes it! That big smile says it all! I just love him for it!

D

I have just seen it with sound now and he was adorable. I think that was her mum that was in there briefly and her dad that was filming from what was being said. The fact he had no issue with them filming was lovely. It really was one of the best fan videos i have ever seen.

BFLO you will need to download Realplayer Download and Recording Manager as this will let you save pretty much any video that appears on the net - well it has for me. How it ended up on my laptop is still a mystery to me as I cannot recall specifically downloading it :funnyup:

Moira

thanks for sharing this :)

but I dont know what's wrong with me??? I cant watch it! :bonk:

this has never happened before and it's making me feel weird because I never had a problem viewing any of his

vids, even that old razzi tongue kissing one lol! :funnyface:

I really wanna see it da** it!

it is a weird day for me all around today I will post something else about this in another thread...

anyway I converted and uploaded it for those of you who want it and you can add it to your iPod as well

http://www.yousendit.com/download/cmcweUNBdWNFc0lLSkE9PQ

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...BdWNFc0lLSkE9PQ

which ever links work best for you

I watched that with tears rolling down my face....and my heart about to burst.....what a touching moment for them and us fans to watch.....it simply re enforces ten fold why we love him so much...what a dream come true for any fan.....a moment that I pray to have come true for me one day....... :cloud9:

Oh, my God! Thank you, thank you, thank you, *guest* . I am so thrilled to have this video downloaded so I can watch it over and over, even if it is removed from the internet later. You are so sweet to do this for all the rest of us.

bflo

Such a sweet, sweet man ... He makes my heart pound harder and ache, but all in a good way. I agree, THAT'S the way to meet him. SIGH I would love that kind of encounter. Just two people ... no movie premiere, no other fans screaming at him, just two people in a chance meeting sharing a conversation. That would be a dream come true.

Babes you will one day. As someone who has indeed had what Lisa wishes for it is magical but surreal on the other hand. He does make you feel very calm it is when he walks away you lose it.

I don't have sound on my work's standalone so will have to watch this in its full glory tonight. From what I can see this is the Gerry we all know and love, why we stick around and why we are in it for the long haul :wuv::wuv::wuv:

Moira

I hope that the angels say AMEM for this, Moira!!! Thanks!!

:pointy:

bflo said:

Oh, my God! Thank you, thank you, thank you, *guest* . I am so thrilled to have this video downloaded so I can watch it over and over, even if it is removed from the internet later. You are so sweet to do this for all the rest of us.

bflo

your welcome :)!

I still cant view it though :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Wow I just came across this vid on Youtube when I was scanning the POTO clips & how funny that it was a fan encounter about going to see the show & they meet GB.

I came here going to post it but of course you guys are on top of it all so I should have know better. ;)

I showed the vid to my mom who said "wow he makes me proud to be Scottish!"

My dad is Canadian but my mom is from Glasgow but born in Paisley just exactly like Gerry was.

That was the loveliest fan vid I have ever seen, Gerry was so warm & sweet & had big smiles for them, the girls were cute & so excited which must have been so nice for Gerry since they were from another country & knew right away who he was.

Now I have to go buy a pug & walk him through CP & hopefully Gerry will be there to run into & our pugs can bond. :p