Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Susan~Sporran

I'm not sure where else to post this. I've been thinking about this for quite some time now. I'm going to leave GALS. For how long I don't know. Don't get me wrong I love Gerry & his movies but I just don't fit in anywhere on here. I have no artistic talent of any kind (siggies, art, jewelry, avi's, manips, etc etc etc). I don't know there is just something missing. I don't feel I belong. Please understand that these are my feelings & maybe they don't sound right but it's what I'm feeling. The only places I really visit are the Siggy Piggy Clubhouse & The Pub. From time to time I'll comment on a birthday or an article posted.

Honestly I feel lost & I don't belong. Please don't try to reason with me as it won't work. I have my own reasons in my head & in my heart. I also feel hurt & I don't want to hurt anyone in return. I guess right now I'm too negative to be around. Work isn't getting in the way...just don't feel I fit. I've been a fan of Gerry's before I found this site in January. I've loved him since Timeline.

And with that I say...

Farewell....for however long....

I am soooo sorry Darlin'. I for one will miss you horribly. You can always reach me at me e-mail if you feel down and out like I do sometimes. You are a special GAL and you have to do what you want to do when you need to do it!! So if you read our bye-bye's, just remember. I still love and need you!!!!!

Jo

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anne, take it from someone who not only doesn't fit in here, but pretty much not anywhere else, either. However, my love for Gerry and the women on this board that I have clicked with and are friends with is what keeps me here. I mainly only post in the Siggy Piggy Club as well, and once in a great while will post my (dreaded) opinion on something Gerry related. That's it.

You have friends here, and I consider you one of mine. I've always thought it's better to have a few really good friends than a ton of acquaintances. Once I got okay with that, I was okay with my "status" on GALS. I enjoy it here, I love Gerry and so here I stay.

I hope you reconsider.

:hugs: and :hearts:

Lisa

Well, howdy MissAmanda. Welcome, welcome, welcome to GALS. It's a great place to be, to get to know some of the best people you will ever want to know, and to share like you can't with anyone else about that terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE disease we all share....GALS.

:hello:

Anne, I hope we see you again. As AimeeMarie said, GALS will be here when you want to return.

:metoyou:

Enjoy the week, ladies. Lots of love,

Jill

Hi Amanda! Welcome to the FANmily! :wave: I see you are a teacher. What subject do you teach? My daughter chose to teach math to middle school kids ON PURPOSE! But her students love her. That's the one subject I avoided in school like the plague, yet I ended up being a banker. Go figure!

Hugs to all who need one,

Suzie

:welcome:Amanda!! You're definitely in the right place! I'm a teacher as well. I teach high school independent study. You will love it here ... and we ALL have a major case of GALS that none of us are willing to recover from.

:hugs:

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

Well, I missed that you were a teacher, Amanda, or you too, Lisa. I teach middle school core (6th grade, English, reading, social studies)...and have for 31 years now. How amazing that we all are teachers and ended up greeting Amanda. And Suzie! I bet you could have taught anything to anybody. Personally, I'd follow you over hill and over dale! :sword:

Love to you all. Night. Jill

Well, I missed that you were a teacher, Amanda, or you too, Lisa. I teach middle school core (6th grade, English, reading, social studies)...and have for 31 years now. How amazing that we all are teachers and ended up greeting Amanda. And Suzie! I bet you could have taught anything to anybody. Personally, I'd follow you over hill and over dale! :sword:

Love to you all. Night. Jill

Jill, I'm also in California. Central California. I taught middle school for three years before finding the job I have now that I LOVE!

So great! There are many teachers on the Board!

I'd follow that man anywhere! If he would have me ....

Welcome, Amanda--glad to have you with us. I am one of the "older" ladies on here, but

I have such a good time with everyone. We have formed such a wonderful bond here,

and it is sad when someone feels left out or out of place. You will find that a great many of

us have been here quite awhile, and enjoy having this thread to learn about one another,

share experiences, and of course, talk about Gerry!

Hope all of you who are teachers have a great schoolyear. So hard to believe that the summer

vacation is over and Fall is just around the corner.

Hugs,

Judy

Teachers are some of the most precious people on Earth.Most of my favorite people have been some of my former teachers going all the way back to Kindergarten(even some math ones)I salute all my GAL teachers.You couldn't have chosen a better vocation :metoyou: Tanya

THANKS

:streaker:

( :funnyup: me after dealing with DRAMA after bus duty!!! Good Lord protect me from the she said she said of Friday bus duty. I just take kleenex with me now!!!)

Love the kids, love what I do, love Gerry-man, and love all of you.

Jill

THANKS

:streaker:

( :funnyup: me after dealing with DRAMA after bus duty!!! Good Lord protect me from the she said she said of Friday bus duty. I just take kleenex with me now!!!)

Love the kids, love what I do, love Gerry-man, and love all of you.

Jill

OMG I hated bus duty, and crossing duty and lunch duty and YARD duty. Keep talking ... makes me love my independent study job more and more and more!

:D

Add me to the list of teachers!!! I'm certified hopefully on my way to full time employment next year!!!

I love everything about teaching! I hated I couldn't go this morning due to stomach issues! I subbed for a teacher yesterday who was getting the stomach bug so to be safe I stayed home today :)

Welcome Amanda!!!! You will love it here :)

Have a great day all,

April

I never realized we had so many teachers on this site til lately! And the way I crucify the English language not to mention my spelling!! :lalala:

Anne...Once a while back, I felt I had to back off a while myself. Not because I wasn't able to make siggys or write beautiful poetry or even because I felt out of place...those things have nothing to do with what we are all about. This site is about our adoration for Gerry and because of that adoration for this Adorable and Adorkable man we have bonded as a Fanmily...Once you are here you have joined the Fanmily... I for one always enjoyed reading your cute posts and keeping up with your Dancing and "show biz" stories. Your posts made me smile many times when I really needed it...so you see, you do have something to give...all you need to give here at Gals is your friendship...nothing else is expected of you but of course respecting the Gals guidelines....Sweetie, I'm not trying to talk you into not leaving...If that's what you feel you must do Hon than so be it....but hopefully you will keep in mind we will be here if you should decide to come back and see us! Good luck in whatever you do my Sweet friend!

:wave: to all me girlies!!

Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

:hello: and WELCOME Amanda,

Yep, dis is dah place!! We are all Gerry fan-atics in some way or another. You will have some great fun here and read and see some awesome pictures of our incredibly awesome man!

So, have fun Teach-ah!!

Your new GAL pal,

Joanna

Wow, there are a LOT of teachers, here. At least I know I'm in good company. hehe

I teach English at the secondary school level..... Most of the times it's good. I don't envy all you elementary teachers. Yard duty would be the worst - though cafeteria supervision isn't so hot either.

I've gotta Think of how to integrate more "Gerry" movies into the curriclum.... perhaps Phantom or P.S I love you?? That would be a treat for me as well as my students! hehe

I can just imagine my students looking back at me as I'm sighing contentedly watching the screen one Friday afternoon when I don't feel like teaching. The next question they woudl ask "Miss, what does this have to do with what we are studying??" My response" "Nothing, but he's so HOT I just thought we should ll admire him" ;)

Are all the teachers with me??

Cheers

Amanda

Yep, Stace, you came to the right place!! We are all afflicted with Gerry Mania and the only treatment is massive quantities of Gerry Juice. (Notice I said "treatment", not "cure"...NONE of us want to be cured!)

Welcome to the Support Center. :wave: Pull up a chair and join the FANmily.

Suzie

I am WITH you all the way, MissAManda.

So, here's an idea.

You have them read NIM's Island, write a play or a readers' theater of it, then watch the movie, and then!!!! have them write a review of it comparing and contrasting it with what they did! I think it could take an entire WEEK!!! Have them aim it at bout a 4th grade level and then they could even critique each other's work! If I keep going, it'll take an entire Quarter!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

:alex:

Jill

Wow, there are a LOT of teachers, here. At least I know I'm in good company. hehe

I teach English at the secondary school level..... Most of the times it's good. I don't envy all you elementary teachers. Yard duty would be the worst - though cafeteria supervision isn't so hot either.

I've gotta Think of how to integrate more "Gerry" movies into the curriclum.... perhaps Phantom or P.S I love you?? That would be a treat for me as well as my students! hehe

I can just imagine my students looking back at me as I'm sighing contentedly watching the screen one Friday afternoon when I don't feel like teaching. The next question they woudl ask "Miss, what does this have to do with what we are studying??" My response" "Nothing, but he's so HOT I just thought we should ll admire him" ;)

Are all the teachers with me??

Cheers

Amanda

Edited by auntm

Hi All,

I'm just dropping by to Posted Image and say :wuv: y'all.

If any of you GALS have Twitter accounts and are wanting to use a Gerry image for you background, I resized a few of the GALS Gallery images. They are free for everyone to use. Here is the thread if your interested. Enjoy!

Linda