Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

:wave: Good morning, everyone. I'm very surprised, and happy to say that the feral cat family came back last night around 11:00pm. They all seem to be ok, just very hungry. I still believe someone scared them away while we were out of town. Our next task will be to catch them and tame them.

Hugs to all! :)

YEA! Elissa I am so happy to hear the wanderers are back. They will soon be thriving in your care!

Suzie

Hello Gals! I know some of you were wondering about this, so even though it's in the prayer thread for Dayna in the loss of her mom, I'm posting it here as well. Thanks, Katie

I spoke to Dayna yesterday. She is still in very deep grief at the loss of her beloved mom.

I broached the subject of memorials, because many within our membership have asked in what way they could offer a gift to Dayna in this time of grief.

Dayna and her dad would like to create a Living Memorial at home. It will be a garden sanctuary, with flowers and trees and a bench or two. It will be a special place of beauty and peace, reminiscent of her mom and her bright loving spirit.

She said that it may be selfish of her, but that truly is what she would like to create as a memorial to her hero, her North Star, her mother. I do not think it's selfish, and I don't think anyone else will either!

She asked if I would handle collecting any contributions and I am glad to do so. I will accept contributions to my own paypal account. (Please do not paypal to GALS or GALS Charitable Foundation, UNLESS that is how you choose to allocate your memorial gift.) I will then send the funds to Dayna and her dad.

My paypal address is: ktsteuart@yahoo.com

If anyone wants to snail mail checks, they can do so to:

Katie Steuart

33 Liles Road

Fayetteville, TN 37334

Thanks so much to all of you!

Everyone's prayers and love here at GALS are so deeply cherished by those of us who have gone through the loss of loved ones.

:hugs:

Katie

This is far from a selfish idea and I am happy to contribute but I hope there is no time limit on it as I'll have to wait til after my STOOPID sales tax is paid! :doh: That should be by next week...

:wave: Frannie

Katie, :hug1: Thank you for the update on Dayna and her Dad. I love the idea of a garden sanctuay in memory of her mother. :wuv: to you Dayne!

----------

Malco theaters here in Memphis still does not have times and places for TUT posted on their Website! :tantrum: Now is that not crazy! I know they are getting people calling. . . for info :lol: I'm one of them.

Linda

If you're interested, I submitted an under bid on one of the Hollywood Parts, .... Gerry, Nim's Island memorabilia items. *knocked me out of my chair with a counteroffer only slightly higher than I underbid* So, I've bought a pair of the 'leather gloves.' :):pointy::D:cunning: The gloves will arrive in 2-3 days! Here is my full post. :cunning: Beachie

I had a lot of fun at my parents' last night for dinner with all my siblings & their spouses.

My sister surprised me by telling me we are going to TUT on Friday night, our step sis is coming & possibly both of their best friends. I squealed so loudly & just bear hugged my sister while talking to my step sis & thanking her. We're getting dolled up yet I'm going to be the one NOT in the sun dress, :lol: I do have a pretty dress I'm going to wear & we're going to dinner & then the movie.

Please keep me in your thoughts as this job hunting mania is going on. I did a brief phone interview & I hope that although I lack some skills they will hire me & I can get caught up super fast because they need a receptionist BADLY. I was a person who applied early on & they had been through at least 100 resumes & had over a thousand people apply. I thanked him very politely for taking time out of his day to call me.

Also I have new neighbors & I've very, very hesitant about them. I liked not having anyone on the other side of the duplex. I will try to be open mided but it can be hard in the neighborhood I live in.

Love to all

PS I plan to sneak off EARLY morning on Friday to see TUT just in case my sisters back out at the last minute. So I might be going twice :D

Goodluck with the job hunt and i'm really glad that your sister etc...are going with you to TUT. I am so bummed that I am not going to be able to do that.

:wave: everyone! We returned home from our vacation today. Had a great time, but it's always good to be home. Unfortunately, in our absence, our feral kitty family left our yard. We hired my nephew to come over and feed the momma cat and her 3 babies and water our plants while we were gone. We made sure to leave plenty of food and water in automatic dispensers, plus cans of food for him to open every day. My sister said the cats were all still here yesterday evening, but there was a broken Smirnoff cooler bottle on our patio and the dry cat food dispensers which had been pretty full the day before were completely empty when she and my nephew came over yesterday. Today, there's no sign of the cats anywhere. Our gate was locked, so if anyone came onto the patio, they had to have climbed the fence. I hope the kitties come back. We were going to trap them and adopt them into our fur family.

Diane, I'm sorry about your daughter's dog. It's always hard to lose a pet. :hearts:

Hugs to all!

Goodluck in taming them.We had a family of feral kitties under our house when I was a teenager...my technique...catch them,one by one....scratch their bellies till they purrrrrr and then they are putty in your hands :) Worked for me anyway.

Katie, :hug1: Thank you for the update on Dayna and her Dad. I love the idea of a garden sanctuay in memory of her mother. :wuv: to you Dayne!

----------

Malco theaters here in Memphis still does not have times and places for TUT posted on their Website! :tantrum: Now is that not crazy! I know they are getting people calling. . . for info :lol: I'm one of them.

Linda

Hey! I found out times!Well I have the times for Saturday written down,because I don't think I can make it down Friday night...don't know yet,trying to get with the other girl too...but the Paradiso is playing it Friday night and they are playing it all day Saturday starting at 12:00PM,I'm considering going to see it on Saturday that way my ex has the kids and I don't have to worry about having my parents watch the boys.

I just finished up spending over $1600 in car repairs..hopefully nothing else will need doing.I'm worn out.

Mornin' all! I have Good Morning America streaming to my computer right now... waiting for Gerry's appearance. So far it looks like he might not be on until the second hour, but still not sure. I'm hoping to get it on the website this morning before I have to leave for work.

~Mel

GMA interview now in multimedia! :) I was hoping it would be Diane Sawyer interviewing him since it seemed she was crushing on him when she interviewed him for Phantom... but this is still a good interview!

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...showtopic=27250

~Mel

Hi galfriends,

Still here at daughter's home--just house sitting now. Not bad with the big screen HD TV. Watched some of my Gerry movies--POTO last night. :phantom: Daughter and SIL are having a wonderful time in Maui. Daughter has 3 days of a breast cancer (Oncology) convention then the rest sight-seeing and relaxation. Can't wait to hear all about it when they get back on Sunday.

I found out there is a midnight screening of TUT tonight at my little theater! Hubby has to work but I want to go. Will seem odd going alone that late but I think it will be ok. When I checked last week at the theater they didn't even know IF they would get TUT. I am so excited! I asked for the poster and just got blank looks but I will try again! LOL.I don't give up easily. :lalala:

Hugs

Diane

Going to TUT today!

Where is everyone? Watching TUT?

Mousie :wuv:

Well, It seems I have missed so very much. I know I'm a bad gal. I don't come here often and when I visit it's brief. I do check in everyday to get any new Gerry tidbits, interviews and pics. But I had given up on the typing and such. So I will say that things are good, my boy's getting big(14yrs and already 6 feet) and my hubby and I are still together.

Gerry is very much a part of my life everyday still.

What more can I ask for? lol

Going to TUT today!

Where is everyone? Watching TUT?

Mousie :wuv:

Not yet,I'm going tomorrow. I was chasing my kids most of the day and trying to organize my room,which I still need to finish,taking a mini-break to check in with the Gals :)

Yep. Got to see Tut today with another local Gerry fan -- and we each took along a newbie. My friend loved it, and Gerrinanne's friend - well, she wanted to know what we were doing crushing on an actor " 'cause he's just another guy." ok. gulp....I don't think I've been able to pick my chin up off the floor yet!

Did get a chance to see Jobella there. HI JEN! So, over all it was a GREAT day. ...and I'll be back with the not so newbie friend and one of her friends later in the week!

Jill

:wave: We loved it too! His dancing scene :pant: Sacramento? That's like home to us Northern Ca GALS!

Removed this from SPCH to here. I wrote too much. I like writing this here because most anything I say in the Hen House gets lost & over looked easily.

I wound up getting nothing done before the movie, LOVED it, they gave away free mini posters, came home, neighbor needed me for an errand, went out & came back & changed & headed to sister's for round 2. I had barely eaten all day. Stuffed purses with candy & soda & headed off with sis & step sis to 2nd show (they never knew I saw it yesterday morning) & met up with sis's best friend. I have pics of us. We stayed in to eat to save money. So I missed some more cute siggies. I came home & yakked away with Kayla who oddly enough called me right when I walked into my sister's house & was talking 90 miles a minute. So once I was home & had cleaned the rabbit cage, she & I were on the phone recounting the movie & our fav scenes as well as how bad she had it at the theatre with under age people whereas the theatre I went to carded EVERYONE twice & it was a 21 & up thing. Even read to the girls the GALS prayer ;) before we walked into the theatre as we stood there waiting to go in. I ran in & was squeeling. I know Susie (sis) had to smack me a couple of times because I was squealing with delight & laughing loudly.

Kayla was huffing at some 17yr old girls who were trying to pass for older when they were whining "Who is Robert Luketic?". I nearly died when Kayla told me she leaned over, rattled off his movies & said "That's my sister's friend on twitter, now shut up & watch the damn movie!" :lmao:

I've seen the ratings & since it didn't open in as many theatres as G-Force (?), it's coming in at number 2 right now.

Kayla & I got off the phone & I finished cleaning & started laundry. I watched a movie while working on my Gerry scrapbook. I'm FINALLY up to date, granted I know there might be some siggy requests floating out there in general request & then I know Linda is working on one as is Bailey.

Went ahead and picked up People at the grocery store & added that page to the scrapbook :)

Now to figure out printing more articles off. I go to my parents' tomorrow for dinner & will pick up interviews on DVD & watch what I've missed.

*sigh* still so much going on and I'm late to the party again. I need to post in here more often. Hope all you girlies are fine. I went to see TUT last night w/my Midwest girlies (13 of us in tow) and had a blast. We went to a 4:45pm show then from 7 - 9pm we went bowling. So much fun. Little Isabelle turned "1" on the 22nd and my son turned "6" on the 19th. They're getting so big and it's too fast. :tissues: But, they're healthy so that's all that matters.

A few pics...

Birthday girl before and after... Posted Image

Posted Image

And just random. Note: Isa's is sporting her oh so typical bored face yet again. She's too grown!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm off today to get pics then back home to try and finish my little graphic for the contest. Not sure if I can get it done before the deadline but I will try.

Take Care everyone and I will be back.

Cassie

My Sophia turned 1 year on June 3rd. Crazy huh? Happy birthday to your babies!

Hey Gals - I went to see TUT yesterday - and again today. Today, I watched it twice. I love the movie. I think Gerry owns that movie, he owned the screen - it's his movie. He was wonderful. I'm looking forward to watching it again, and again, and again.

BlueJean

Cassie: Your children are adorable. How

does your son like being in the big brother

role?

I have seen TUT twice now and plan on seeing

it several more times. Gerry is so beautiful

on that screen. The dance scene! :fook::bow::galdown::hump::tens::coldshower::gerrygasm:

Hope all are doing fine and enjoying the summer.

Its goning to be over 100 this whole week here.

Not a good thing as most home grown Oregonians have webb feet

and cant take this heat. :tantrum:

And no rain in sight.

Have a good week. Stay safe

Debbie

Hello my GALfriends

No, I didn't fall off the end of the Earth - nearly but not quite LOL. So much I've missed.

Cassie what glorious kids :-)

I see there have been holidays :-) and bereavements :-(

OK so I'm off to see TUT tomorrow - they are doing a preview here with showbags etc - hope there are GB photo's *fingers crossed*. I hear everyone loves the movie and it's doing well at the box office - even better. I'm dragging my girlfriend along, she who was with me when I "discovered" my GALness for Timeline - she's won't admit a Gerry thing but I know the truth.

Just to let you know there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of you all even though I'm not here much.

Hugs to everyone,

Cat

Good to see you, Cat! Ginormous hugs headed your way. :hug1:

Enjoy the movie with your friend. I LOVED it and it really is a hoot. Laughed just about the entire time. :lol:

:hugs: and :wave: to all!

Jilly

CAT! Big (OK, little) boob squishing hugs!! Glad to hear you are going to go to TUT tomorrow. So are Elissa and I (for the second time). My son is visiting this weekend and he and his wife want to see it too...yea!! You'll love it!!

Suzie

Cassie your babies are beautiful!!!They really are!! Cat you are going to enjoy the movie!!Hi to all everyone Gerry is about to come on The Insider gotta go now!!! DQ

:wave: everyone! I'm still around, lol! I'm happy to say we caught one of the feral kittens the night before last and have her settled down in our downstairs bathroom. She's very cute! A little black kitty with some tabby markings here and there. My daughter has named her Cyd. She's still scared, but we're able to catch her in a towel and hold her. So far, she hasn't hissed or tried to scratch us, so I'm hopeful we'll be able to socialize her. I put some flea dope on her today. Once I get her civilized enough I'll take her to our vet to get her shots and worming.

Bill, Erin and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie today. There were technical problems first with the sound then with the picture so the manager let us in to another showing and gave us each a free pass for any other movie of our chosing at any Regal theater. Now it looks like I won't have to pay tomorrow when Suzie and I go to see TUT again. :D

Cassie-great pictures! :)