Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Jo, I am also in the final stages of an afghan (crochet type) for a baby due next week. Funny how we all have so many little things in common beside Gerry *Cat thinks Gerry not so little*.

Elissa, nice to hear Cyd in hanging in there.

I'm waiting for a girlfriend to pick me up and we are going to the Portrait Gallery (it's one of the tourist features of Canberra) but also it has a great coffee shop LOL. Weather is cold (9 degrees C), overcast with a cool breeze. The nice thing is I spent Friday night booking a tropical holiday for hubby and I to Port Douglas (12 days in October) and then a 5 day visit with son and grandson.

Oh, and we interviewed a builder for our new retirement house last week too. Settlement is next Friday so we will have the money to build WOOT!.

Told you I'd been busy :-)

Love to all

Cat

Edited by Terry's Witch

We caught the 3rd and final kitten from the feral litter tonight! Another tortoise shell female. We've named her Sweeney. She's joined her brother, Ozzy, in the downstairs bathroom. Once we tame them, I'll post pictures. If we can catch their mother we plan to have her spayed and we'll keep her as an outside cat in our back yard.

Hey girls and ladies, Hi to you all!! :wave:

Cat, did you say 9 degrees C? I think that translates into 48 degrees for us here in the States!! It really is Winter down there. I recall when it was 46 degrees a winter or two ago and that was cold enough for me!!

Suzie and Libby, yes, you can give hugs to Anna for me too, but I already asked HER to give you both a hig from ME!! :kiss: I don't think I know Moira but I'm sure you will have such a wonderful time seeing England and Scotland and those two Gals.

ELISSA, you will have to tell me how you caught those ferrel kitties. We have had two different situations at both animal hospitals with people asking us how to catch these ferrel cats. One gentleman said he'd adopted an expectant stray mama cat...meaning he leaves food out for her and she comes to his back porch. And he wanted to spay her while she was pregnant, but then the next week she showed up with four babies that were maybe 4 weeks old. So he's trying to catch her and the kittens. It's been 2 weeks so I guess he isn't having any luck.

Can't wait to see GERRY up on the big screen tomorrow...he is so GORGEOUS in TUT!! :wuv::drool1::yummy:

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Okay, gotta go now.

Goodnite all,

Nancy

Edited by Attila Girl

Nancy-we caught the kittens with a humane trap that you bait with food. The cat steps on a trigger in the floor and the door closes behind them. My husband bought the trap at a feed store on the outskirts of town. I understand that in some communities the humane society has these traps available for rent. We tried to find one for rent but had no luck. Our vet recommended the feed store where we got ours.

Hello my friends....it seems like forever since I have posted in our support thread. As some of you know things have been very tough here at the moment and I haven't had the free time to post. But my Dan'l is sleeping soundly right now and I'm about to join him momentarily...lol.

Suzie, I can't wait to hear all the stories and see all the pictures. Thank you for your love and support and for your phone call the other night. You know I love you!!!

Elissa, can't wait to see the pictures of your new kitties. You know my Sadie was a feral cat and now she is all mine.....She won't show her face to most people but for me she is the sweetest thing. I have always been wary of cats (even though I love them) because of my allergies to them....but I trust Sadie...she loves to roll over on her back and have me rub her tummy...I have NEVER done that before....lol

Cat, I have really been thinking about you the past few days...lol...and here's why:

Posted Image

This is Abby....she is a 4 month old Australian Labradoodle....and she is a fourth generation (her great grandparents came over here from Australia....and she is suppose to be completely allergy free and I am thinking of paying a small fortune for her...(I wonder if they are that expensive over there?) lol. Her brother belongs to Dan'l's oncologist and I just fell in love with him and he told me that his sister was still available and I called the breeder and she brought Abby over to my house today and left her for 4 hours. I'm in love but I'm still not sure whether or not it is going to work. Abby is extremely shy and I don't know if she is going to take to me and Dan'l...but if she does than I so would love to be her mommy. I've been told they are such loving dogs and I really good use the good love and hugs and licks right now I think...lol..on the other hand I keep telling myself what am I thinking...don't I have enough on my plate right now with taking care of my beloved and doing all of mine and his chores around the house...and now I'm going to take on a puppy....we shall see how it goes the next few days.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Yes Nancy bbrrrrrr for us. Tonight it's going down to -3C so when we walk the dogs in the morning it's hats/gloves and parka's.

Sue, She's gorgeous. Did you know that the labradoodle was bred by the CSIRO (Commonwealth Science and Industrial Research Organisation) for a couple in Hawaii. She was blind but very allergic to all dogs. As the labrador was the best seeing-eye dog they tried all sorts of other dogs and it took them nearly 10 years to get the right combination - the smarts of a lab and the delightful wool of a poodle. They are delightful dogs and really wonderful pets. Now you will know what it means to have "your heals dogged" LOL.

Hugs to all

Cat

Dropping by to say HELLO!

HEllo hello to one and all. HOpe you are out and about enjoying the SUnday calm before the usual drill of a Monday....

Sue, she is adorable. I think she might be a shy di right now, but I think I might know someone who could draw her out of that. I'm thinking she could be just the kissy lovey girl you might need. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for this perfect puppy to have her overcome her shyness.

Ok. Off to think about tomorrow and what I've signed up for. Hmmmmm

Lots of love, Jill

Well, Abby is mine...I decided...we bonded a wee bit more today....and I have decided to change her name to Bonnie....she just looks like a Bonnie to me. Tomorrow I will go buy all of the necessities and I will bring her home permanently later in the week....until than her breeder is willing to bring her over and visit every day between Dan's treatments and her brother's treatments (the are both patients of the same oncologist...which is how I was introduced to Bonnie in the first place).

I wish all of my friends a wonderful week...

love,

Sue

Oh Sue...I'm so happy that you decided to keep Bonnie...She is adorable and I think she will be just the best little fur baby to lap you with kisses , snuggles and love! She came into your life and you fell in Love....there's your answer! I love the name...Sounds like a song! :cunning: Just popping in because I saw you...not that I don't love me other galfriends but I haven't seen you in a while and I just wanted to send my Love and to let you know you and Dan'l are never far from my Heart! I'm supposed to be looking up some info for Bobby but ....here I am! Can't stay away from Gals!

Suz. Have the greatest time of your life Sweetie and please send my love to my special Galfriend Anna and give her a big hug from me!

Gotta go but want to say :wave: to all me girlies and of course send some {{{{{HUGS}}}}

Frannie

Sending out love and hugs to all!!

Sue - You both are in my prayers!

Suze - Have a wonderful time!!

For anyone having a rough time this will make you feel better

http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/premieres/n...08/231.jpg.html

http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/premieres/n...353850.jpg.html

http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/premieres/n...1+_24_.jpg.html ------ You know those girls have uncle Gerry wrapped around their fingers!! Sorry I'm swooning I only saw these pictures tonight!

Can the man get anymore adorable than that?? I think not! He's too cute with them!

I'm still looking for a job! If it's not meant for me to teach now what do I do?? That's where I seem to get stuck I don't know what kind of jobs I'd qualify for!

:hugs: and SGD's to all,

April

:funnyup: O Goodness me, what have I missed...kittens for Elissa and a beautiful puppy for Sue....and Cat?:wuv: did you say a baby? Surely not for you?? :kiss:

Will be seeing Suzie and Libby and brother Rick on Thursday when we meet them off the London train....we are all so excited.....then we will be off to see the sights, after lots of hugs and we will chat so much Himself will go into one of those vacant trances only husbands know how to do!

I have Lulu staying for the week, and she is one busy young lady but always so sweet, I am such a lucky Grandmama.

Loving all the new photos of Gerry, I swear that man gets more handsome each day, what a surprise when he popped up on Breakfast TV, I had switched on to go to the childrens chanel as TJ was here last week and when we heard him name we were transfixed, TJ shouted ' It's But-te ler on my TV', he told everyone we met, we got some funny looks from folk that day.

Where does the time go? I get so little time for myself these days but we have some fun days planned for later in the month....grownup dates, boat trip down the canal with some fun people, a theatre visit, and a visit to London to ride the London Eye and a River Thames boat trip...I like boats!

My heart is with you Sue, take care, God Bless,

hugs for all,

Anna X

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sue, so glad you are taking her - she will be such a joy. And Bonnie is a lovely name too.

CAt

:wave: OH Sue,

I am so happy for you. "Bonnie" is so adorable. I am also jealous as well. "No Animals Allowed here"!! Instructions from the head 'witchy pooh'!! But I'd rather live with my daughter right now than be alone. So, it's okay for now. But that lil' Baby Doll puppy is the MOST!! She will fall in love with you because of the lovely woman you are and she will feel that kindness from you.

Enjoy her for me too. I love dogs and cats soooo much. But I can live without them while I am here with my daughter. But when I move into a retirement center, I am going to get a wee doggie. I think I will just go to the shelter and get one that is small and will stay small. I can't really see spending so much money on a dog when there are so many that truly need a loving home which I will provide. So, I re-thought my idea about a Bishon Freise (sp) and now I will save a puppy instead. Like you are doing with Wee Bonnie!!

God Bless you my Earth Angel, Sue!

Jo

Edited by Susan~Sporran

:wave: HEY April,

I just went back to the Gallery with your post. Thank You so much. I sure needed that pick me up right now. I smiled and loved every minute of Gerry and he wee darlin' nieces. They are so beautiful and they love their Uncle. But, I do too!!!! :drool1: Or, I guess we all do!!

Every time I look at this incredible man I ask myself why???? Why do I still love him so much. He is not the classically gorgeous handsome studly man. But there is some quality about this awesome man that makes him look so much more handsome and virile and sexy and positivly magnificently beautiful, that my love for him has grown and grown over the last twelve years. And he still makes me catch my breath every, single time I see him appear on the screen in a movie, any movie, I am watching of his. Or a picture of his anywhere he is appearing.

Kathy sent me a DVD of "Mrs. Brown" so I could put my VHS tape away of "Mrs. Brown" to preserve it and not ruin it from palying it so much. It's twelve years old!!! I put it away in a plastic bag and sealed it up and put it in my 'Gerry' gallery! My gallery is getting very full and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

So, thank you for the smiles. I need them right now. Everyone is gone for the next four days and I am all alone. So, I have to carry the phone around with me everywhere I go and if I don't answer by the fourth ring, they will call back and if I don't answer by the fourth ring the second time, they are calling the police to come to the house. This is kinda silly. But, I can't go near the back stairs or go down to the basement or else. They are so afraid of my falling again. I am too. So I go verra slowly. Heck I don't want to fall either!! That hurt---a lot!!!! Now I have to have back surgery because I fell down the stairs and messed up my vertebra. Need surgery, which I was getting but can't have because of my meds from the heart attack in April. GOD, I sound like a MESS! But I feel so okay, just my legs don't want to work so good right now because of the pinched nerve!! I HATE THIS!!! But those pics were so sweet and I had to smile over the smiles of the wee babes and their big gorgeous uncle Gerry. I love pics like that.

Your Are Sweet!! :wuv:

Jo

Loving all the new photos of Gerry, I swear that man gets more handsome each day, what a surprise when he popped up on Breakfast TV, I had switched on to go to the childrens chanel as TJ was here last week and when we heard him name we were transfixed, TJ shouted ' It's But-te ler on my TV', he told everyone we met, we got some funny looks from folk that day.

Where does the time go? I get so little time for myself these days but we have some fun days planned for later in the month....grownup dates, boat trip down the canal with some fun people, a theatre visit, and a visit to London to ride the London Eye and a River Thames boat trip...I like boats!

My heart is with you Sue, take care, God Bless,

hugs for all,

Anna X

:wave: Anna X,

I know what you mean about "where does the time go?" I wonder myself. My Grand daughter is going to be 22 in November and her wedding date, which seems like it was only yesterday that is was four years awy, is now l year and two months away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I am so jealous of you getting to have Suzie and Libby for a while and I hope we get lots of pics. You all deserve a good time together and I am so happy you will be having it!!

Have a great time for us.

Hugs and Lots of Love to ALL!!!!! :wuv:

Joanna

Glad to make you smile Jo!!! I just love him with his nieces!! You know they have him wrapped around their finger! I got hooked on Gerry in PSILY and since May of 2008 I've collected 18 of his movies!!! Gerry can make you feel so much better!

Good well soon! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Love,

April

When I see those photos of Gerry with his neices, I cry because he is so sweet with them. I just

read another article where G. says he is ready for a family, but it just isn't happening yet. I don't

think he will be happy until he is a father--I mean it is something he wants in his life.

Hope all of you have a good time in the UK!!

Sue, the puppy is wonderful. Even if she is a lot of extra "trouble' and care, I think it will be so

good for both of you to have this cute and loving little bouncing around. Thinking of you and

Dan'l every day. Lots of prayers, too.

Hugs to all

Judy

Judy,

I've always thought Gerry would be a great father! I think he would be really hands on!

Is it September 4th yet?? I'm so excited for Gamer!!!

Sue - :hugs: and prayers!!

Love to all,

April

Me Too Anne,

At least someone got a job!! :yay: My poor Grand Baby can't get one and neither can my daughter's fiance. He's been out of work since December!! His prideis taking a hell of a beating. But we love him and he is truly needed in our lives. So we just tell him as often as possible. Good Luck Darlin'!!

Jo

Jo,

They say the economy is improving but I don't see it with no one getting a job and people with jobs losing them!!!

Good luck to your grandchild and daughter's fiance!!

:hugs:

April

Things are hopping here GALS.

Good to hear about jobs. Not too bad in Oz at the moment although there are job losses we seem to have weathered better than other places.

Settlement on the house tomorrow - I will be homeless (sort of). It's funny to be selling the house yet staying in it for another year while the new owners are posted overseas LOL. How lucky can you get.

Oh - An NO on the baby "phew" - just have my puppies and my 3 year old grandson and that's enough.

Keep well all

Hugs

Cat