Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Susan~Sporran

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sue, your Bonnie is so adorable!I'mso glad you decided to keep her.You'll find she'll be so much company and such a comfort to you when you're feeling down.Of course she can't take away all your pain and problems but animals have a way of bringing peace and comfort to us at times.I so wish I could handle another puppy or a dog but I can't with my situation.I really miss my dog even after all this time.

You and Dan'l are always in my thoughts and prayers.

My grandson just bought an Akita puppy which makes me want one even more(as that's what my Kiko was)Thumbnailed a picture of his puppy so you can click it to make it larger.His name is Atilla and he's show quality so he paid a lot for him.More than I could ever afford!But he's a beauty.

Posted Image

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don't as well......

:hugs: Peggy

Peggy - How cute!! I love the name!! ;)

Sue - :hugs: and prayers to you both! Add me to the list on glad that you kept Bonnie! She looks really sweet!

Mind if I vent ladies? So I found out yesterday that it's possible but not a good reason(according to the woman I talked too) that I haven't been getting called for interviews because I'm not local! Ok, maybe I'm wrong but if I wasn't willing to move why would I apply? It's like she said for the past year and a half the reason I possibly haven't gotten any response is because I'm not local and the frustrating part is it's probably true for every county I've applied in!

Sorry for b*tching but I'm just frustrated! All those jobs without a response!

April

:hug1: April.

That's retarded. You aren't being interviewed because you aren't local yet willing to move. GEESH! I mean I drove a long ways to the middle of nowhere with no cell phone signal when I interviewed for Wilson County. Williamson County & Franklin Special aren't anywhere near where I was living at the time and neither was Davidson!

Hells bells if you have the ability to do it, come out here, we'll get ya a nice motel room & they can :kiss: your fanny as you go on interviews and politely explain you are willing to relocate and are eager to teach. Keep at it chika! When I was first hired, it was THREE DAYS before that first half day of school. I had the room with all the junk in it. It took my step mom & sis to help me clean the WHOLE thing out, decorate & prep everything for the kids. Heck my room wasn't done in time to meet the kids so I sat in the library. The first WHOLE day of school, FINALLY my room was ready.

I'm about to head out to the Y & try and get on with the Fun Co as it's more stable than Hollywood Video BUT I just may pull in a few hours on a Saturday at Hollywood for extra money.

WISH ME LUCK! I really need to get on at Fun Co because I have set hours PLUS benefits, not the same with Hollywood Video (grateful they hired me but I need health benefits & steady flow of pay).

LOVE YA APRIL. PM me if you need anything.

Hugs n' love to my GALSfriends :hugs:

Edited by Sapphyre

Peggy,

My son had a Chinese Akita, Keyo. He died of old age three years ago and Rob wanted a Cane Corso. He waited two years for the one he finally got last October. He will be as big as a Rotweiler but all black except for a tiny white flame mark on his chest. Came to find out that since my son waited patiently for his sog of choice for two years and called every month for an update, they sold him a show quality dog. And OMG you can see it in Higgs when he stands looking out at something. He is a sweetheart to family and yet people are totally terrified of him just seeing him. He is beautiful. It's an Italian breed and so smart, it's kinda scary. But I have been handling him since he was eight weeks old. Even though he is only ten months old, he is huge and beautiful. I'll get a pic. He has an egg a day mixed with this special food just for dogs of breed type. It costs a fortune. But Rob wants Higgs to be totally healthy. He takes him in for his check ups on schedule. He really loves his dog. We always treated our animals like family and they gave as good as we gave. I love animals. When we are in the pool Higgs stands on the side of the pool and watches us and you can see he wants to jump in. He loves water!! But the pool has a liner and we are afraid he will tear it. So, Rob douses him down with the hose and he is so adorable trying to eat the water!!! LOL, LOL, LOL!!!

His name is Higgs-Bosun. My son named him after the two scientists doing the Big Bang experiment (in Sweden I think is )! They say they are trying to recreat the "God Particle". So Rob says if the world should come to an end, Higgsy will be there to save us, because he is the God Particle!!! We all laugh and so does Rob. But Higgsy is beautiful and very regal looking even though at this time he is an obnoxiuos snot. But he is wonderful and well worth the trouble of getting him raised. Loyalty is a prevalent part of this dog. Total protection of owner and family and property. Very obedient when trained properly. Will not attack unless told to . Rob is traing him all the time. Keyo was an awesome dog. I loved him so much, I cried my eyes out when he died of old age. It killed my son. He was despondent for a long time. You son's Akita will be an awesome dog if trained patiently and carefully. Keyo was totally loyal to my son.

Hugs Peggy,

Jo

OMG April,

That is the lamest excuse for not hiring someone I ever heard. It's too bad you can't sue them for discrimination. Hard to prove. Although, if you put that on the application, there is NO excuse on their part. It's rather flimsy. It's the managments world right now, but it will turn again and people will be the power again. But jobs and places of employment are nothing like they were anymore. You can't count on turning the same door knob for your work life anymore. They make sure of that. But the "pendulum" swings both ways all the time. Right now it's on the side of business and someday, the Lord only knows when, it will swing back for the people.

You hang in there sweet one and we will all pray for you. HARD!!!!

Hugs Always,

Jo :wuv:

:hug1: April.

That's retarded. You aren't being interviewed because you aren't local yet willing to move. GEESH! I mean I drove a long ways to the middle of nowhere with no cell phone signal when I interviewed for Wilson County. Williamson County & Franklin Special aren't anywhere near where I was living at the time and neither was Davidson!

Hells bells if you have the ability to do it, come out here, we'll get ya a nice motel room & they can :kiss: your fanny as you go on interviews and politely explain you are willing to relocate and are eager to teach. Keep at it chika! When I was first hired, it was THREE DAYS before that first half day of school. I had the room with all the junk in it. It took my step mom & sis to help me clean the WHOLE thing out, decorate & prep everything for the kids. Heck my room wasn't done in time to meet the kids so I sat in the library. The first WHOLE day of school, FINALLY my room was ready.

I'm about to head out to the Y & try and get on with the Fun Co as it's more stable than Hollywood Video BUT I just may pull in a few hours on a Saturday at Hollywood for extra money.

WISH ME LUCK! I really need to get on at Fun Co because I have set hours PLUS benefits, not the same with Hollywood Video (grateful they hired me but I need health benefits & steady flow of pay).

LOVE YA APRIL. PM me if you need anything.

Hugs n' love to my GALSfriends :hugs:

:wave: You are a delightful 'trip' Sapphyre!!! If there are jobs by you and April decides to move by you, you will both have a ball!! You are such

a delight to read. You'd have such a good time together gushing over the G-Man. I am praying for you to get the job you want, but you are smart to keep the one you have until you get the one you really want. Good Luck Sweetie.

Your Jo :wuv:

Hey "Kitty" Cat,

What the heck do you mean "no baby"? Did I miss something somewhere? It's like me to do that. But I am hoping you didn't mean you. I know you are too smart for that to happen. If it happens, I will be happy to have you move here by me so I can watch the wee barin 'til they reach the running stage. I don't run anymore. LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!! Heck, my daughter paid me $35.00 to do a jumping jack because it was so hilarious, not just funny, totally hilarious!!!! I wouldn't do it and she offered to pay for a Christmas gift for me to make for my handicapped girl friend. And I did it and my daughter and her friend laughed so hard, it had to be ten minutes or more before they stopped. After they got their breath, they hugged me said they were not laughing at me, but with me because I was laughing so hard as well. Believe me, it was verra, verra, verra, verra funny!!!

You take care Sweetie and let me know if there is anything besides prayers you need. :kiss:

Hugs and Lots of Purring, :wuv:

Jo

Anne and Jo - Thanks for the comforting words!! I hate that it's so political! I love both of your siggys!!

Jo - I think you are right!! Anne and I would have a blast together!! Swooning over Gerry!

Hi Peggy and Cat! :hugs:

:hugs: and prayers to all,

April

:wave: everyone. I'm happy to say the feral kittens we've taken in are doing well. Cyd, the first one we caught is a real sweet heart who loves to be held. The other two are still in the downstairs bathroom. They both went to the vet today and got their first shots and a clean bill of health. The female, Sweeney, is calm, but still afraid of us. The male, Ozzy, still hisses at us, but we can pick him up with our bare hands and pet him. They both just need a few more days to adjust, I guess.

Sue-your new baby, Bonnie, is adorable!

April-hang in there. I know you're sick of hearing that times are tough but you'll eventually find something. My daughter hasn't been able to find work in her field either. She's a Communication Arts/Journalism major.

Hugs to all!

If you can flap your wings fast enough as school starts Friday in Davidson County...I just got hired on with the YMCA's fun company April. It's money & I might keep Hollywood Video & do some hours on Saturdays. I was hired flat out on the spot.

THING IS..you have experience although in subbing not teaching. A lot of these people working for Fun Co don't have the kind of experience you & I do. PLUS you'll be at a school AND good way to make friends with any teachers who might stay after the school bell rings. I'm going to be a Sr. Site Asst. and I haven't heard about benefits. You can't apply online unfortunately. I went & filled out an application & then I was interviewed & hired on the spot, did a TON of paper work so I'm not doing ANYthing tonight expect watch "Bones" & play online (yup during interview I had a brief moment to think of Gerry so I could smile & show my true smile & relax...very helpful). I have finger prints to get done tomorrow, need to get a physical (ewwwww), get two reference forms complete, copy my college transcrips (I told the lady I have no clue where my high school diploma is but I could photo copy my transcripts...THAT made a world of difference) and I have to do some training online as well.

If my stuff isn't finished come Friday I won't start til Monday.

April you'd be promised 35 hours a week, Mon-Fri & with the skills we have, pay is fairly decent (not over the top but better than retail) and we may have to do meetings every now & again on Saturdays. You get paid for anything you do for them, driving, shopping, researching projects on the internet (driving your own car to training, to meetings, to shop). Now I just need to find out about benefits.

I could also get you on at Hollywood video as I know they need another female besides me :D

PM me if you wanna talk....

PS Yes Jo...April & I would be a mess but a fun mess drooling over Gerry all the time. At least I'd have someone to go with me to Gamer & LAC! :lol:

:wave: Lady E!!!

You are so wonderful to take in stray cats. I give you kudos and lots of :clap: !! Most people would NEVER do that. Just either push them back out or poison them to get rid of them. Me, I take them in in a flash too! Dogs and cats are my loves. I hope they all take to living inside with you. It's safer for them.

Hugs Sweet Lady E!! :wuv:

Jo

:wave: Thanks, Joanna. Yeah, my family and I are real suckers when it comes to animals. We're still feeding the mother cat. As soon as we can catch her we'll take her to be spayed, then release her to our backyard. As long as she keeps coming around after that, we'll keep feeding her. :)

Night Gals!

Thanks for all the prayers and support! I applied for a job(not teaching) just a few minutes ago! I don't have the experience but I thought I'm a fast learner so maybe(it's a front desk position at a physical therapy place) :) If they are willing to give me a chance it would move me back to Cookeville(which I would love!!!) I went to college there twice and my brother and his family are there as is some of my best friends from college(they are closer there than they are currently anyway).

Anne - Thank you for being supportive and giving me advice. I'll get back to you :) Congrats on the job!!!

Jo - :hugs: and :love:

Sue - prayers and hugs

Cat - Glad things are going well on your end!

Elissa - I love your siggy!!!

Off to watch Gerry in The Jury!! There's something about that man being on screen that melts all your troubles away :swoon:

:hugs:

April

Someone misread a post and asked if there was a baby in my life - thank goodness No LOL

Lots of cute puppies here - just want to hug them all.

Sorry about the jobs thing April

OK off to play with my new laptop.

Cat

:wave: Thanks, Joanna. Yeah, my family and I are real suckers when it comes to animals. We're still feeding the mother cat. As soon as we can catch her we'll take her to be spayed, then release her to our backyard. As long as she keeps coming around after that, we'll keep feeding her. :)

Lady E!!,

You are awesome GAL!! Hence the "Lady E!". I give everyone I love and adore nicknames. Usually they are cute, in your case and Kathy's and a few others, they are regal! You deserve a regal nickname like my Lady Kathryn!! For our Dr, Em, I call her Queen D. Barb is Queenie B. Susan is Queen Susan~, I could go on but you get the idea. I call Lisa, 'phoenixgirl', "Lily Bug" because that is the same name as my beloved adopted daughter Lisa.

I know, "you're a goof ball Jo!!" But that is my way of showing my love and admiration to those that are so good to me. My cat that I had to give up was named "Smore's" I called her Smorsie! Dear God I loved that baby. She was something else. She drove my daughter crazy while I was in the hospital with my stroke for three weeks. She paced the house and meowed constantly!!! My daughter, to encourage me to work hard to get home, told me if I didn't get home soon, she was going to make a pair of slippers out of Smorsie. One would have a head and the other a tail!!!! LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL! Animals have a way of knowing when their mistress or master is gone, that they miss them and want them back!!! But I did work hard and got home and 95% recovered, after 21 days since the stroke and complete paralization of left side. God has His way of changing your life to make it better. He sure changed mine and I am so happy, all around.

You take care of yourself. The kitties need you very much.

God Bless and love you and your family!!

Jo

Someone misread a post and asked if there was a baby in my life - thank goodness No LOL

Lots of cute puppies here - just want to hug them all.

Sorry about the jobs thing April

OK off to play with my new laptop.

Cat

Hey 'Kitty Cat',

That "someone" was dorky me!! I do that sometimes. But I am happy to hear all is well and hug them puppies for me too!!

And I am jealous of your new laptop!!

Hugs 'Kitty Cat",

Jo

Hey, I hope everyone's week is going well.

I'm having a CT scan tomorrow on my abdomen to see if the Crohn's disease has advanced. I'm nervous for the results, I hope everything is okay. :scared:

Ttyl,

Mousie :wuv:

Our Frannie rocks big time.

She has the touch. But so do becozy and beachie gals. I have had three siggy's and each one is absolutely the most beautiful siggys ever. Doesn't this one capture that gorgeous man's beautiful come-hither eyes?? He is just too too!! Barb and Beachie and Frannie hit it right on the mark for me! They seem to just be able to 'feel' me and what I would love and, yep, they hit it every time. I fall in love with my siggy's and can't change them very well. Even though I love absolutely every picture of this incredibly entrancing man, there are some that just knock me right over and make me gasp with total delight. Did you get to see the photo I chose that Barb matted and framed for my prize? He is so beautiful in it. I love his eyes so much and a part of his hand with his bracelet is in it and OMG that arm with that man hair on it makes me drool knowing that there is more of that man that is a total delight to the eye. Man Candy at it's incredibly best!! Barb did a fantastic job. I have the best friends ever here. Tracy won a picture too and I have yet to know which one. I have to go and ask her.

I got myself a camera this week and I am 'learning' it!! I'll get with someone to help me put pics on as soon as I learn how to make the pics good. I have one already of my Grand Daughter and she just had her hair colored in time for school. It's bright redish pink!! Her teachers love to guess what color is next. She is such a girlie girl and if I said that to her, she'd kill me dead!!!!! But she is young and we don't mind because she gets awesome grades and we figure when she gets older, maybe in her 50's!! lol, lol, lol!! she'll stop coloring it!! Really, she is a good kid and we know it's for fun.

Well, bed time and boy am I tired. Lots of house work today.

Hugs Sweet One,

Jo

Hey, I hope everyone's week is going well.

I'm having a CT scan tomorrow on my abdomen to see if the Crohn's disease has advanced. I'm nervous for the results, I hope everything is okay. :scared:

Ttyl,

Mousie :wuv:

:wave:

Bless you Mousie and I will pray hard for you tonight and tomorrow and on and on!! We need sweet Lil' you here. Our 'family' would miss one of it's bestest memembers if you got too sick to be here. So, I will pray verra, verra hard for you.

Hugs and lots of Love Sweet Mousie, :wuv:

Jo

Oh, BTW Cat...I love that picture of Gerry with his beautiful hair curling around his gorfeous ears. I have that one on the cover of my caledar that I carry in my purse. One woman at the Jewel asked me if that was my boyfriend and man was he gorgeous. I wished I could have said yes. But I told her he is Gerry Butler and she almost said "who" but I stopped her and told her he played in "300" and recently PSILY, and instantly she knew who he was. She still thought he was gorgeous. I told her she has damn good taste in men!!

Then we laughed together and drooled a wee bit as well!! A few of the other gals at the store came over and they instantly knew who he was too and they were drooling as well. God in heaven I love this man!!

Just wanted you to know, I do notice the siggy's too. Some of them are so awesome, they bely simple words for description. I am so happy with mine that it's going to be hard to change when fall comes and then winter.

Just had to comment about your siggy too. I love those curls around Gerry's ear. He has such beautiful hair!!

Hugs Sweet 'Kitty' Cat!!

Your Friend Jo

Edited by Joanna

Yes Jo, my favorite ones of him. I also carry a picture of Gerry in my purse and had the same comment... I just give a secret smile and say "Oh... him? Well he's my obsession" and then they just don't know about me. I love that LOL

I was really into siggies too but my real life got too dratted hectic :-( but next year, you just watch when I'm retired WOOT!

Mouse: Best wishes and thinking of you. Hugs as well

Cat