Gerard Butler GALS

7/23 - Gerard Butler Charmingly tells The Ugly Truth

becozy

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...0,5318948.story

Gerard Butler will tell the truth, no matter how ugly it is, with charm (lots of it). Don't let that look fool you. By Rachel Abramowitz >>>

July 23, 2009 How do true movie stars respond in the face of a bomb threat?

The show must go on, bien sûr. Two hours after an anonymous phone call forced the evacuation of a Beverly Hills hotel, thrusting "The Ugly Truth" stars Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler, along with a posse of journalists, onto the cozy median of the street and then across to a nearby Italian restaurant, Butler is back relaxing in his room, ready to laugh off the morning's events.

"Now we're sitting in the hotel where the bomb was about to go off," the 39-year-old Scottish star says mockingly. "I've sent [my publicist] to check the vents."

It's been that kind of 48 hours for the bleary-eyed Butler, who finished a day of shooting in New York on his new action-comedy, "The Bounty," with Jennifer Aniston, hopped the last flight to L.A., went on to tape Conan O'Brien's and Craig Ferguson's shows, attended an impromptu script meeting, walked the red carpet at his "Ugly Truth" premiere and then hosted a screening of a film he produced and stars in, "Law Abiding Citizen," for a hundred of his closest friends, visiting with them until 2 a.m.

This said, no one can accuse Butler of not rallying. Stretching out on a couch, he's musing on his own personal take on the perennial male-female divide, which is the leitmotif of "The Ugly Truth," his new and somewhat raunchy R-rated comedy, as well as an obsession for the various female-laden Gerry Butler fan clubs that have been sprouting up around the globe.

read the entire article: here

Gorgeous pic ...

It's a really good interview, too, though. Love that he's a history buff! So am I. What great conversations I could have with him. :wuv: Actually, this is one of the better interviews I've read in a while. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks, Barb!

Edited by phoenixgirl

Great interview and even greater photo. I agree, he just keeps getting better. He used to be such a pretty boy when he first started out in films and TV. (That long gorgeous hair, the eyes etc.) That's when he first grabbed my attention. But he has evolved into just about the most gorgeous MAN on the planet. Wait, what do I mean "just about"? He is the sexiest thing on earth. It's just not fair that there's only one of him. Clones would be acceptable. LOL.

Thanks once AGAIN Barbara! I wish I would have found this before I made my new wallpaper....back to the drawing board, This picture is tooooo Beautiful to not be displayed! :p

Great sig with it Lisa..

:wave: Frannie

Oh yeah :doh: I think this was another great interview...we've had such a huge dose of Gerry juice that drowning seems pleasurable right now! :cunning:

I think she means he does not have classically handsome features. His features are not angular, and he has round cheeks. Whatever....makes for one GORGEOUS man!

he takes my breath away!

Swannie

Does that mean he doesn't look like a girl, because otherwise...........WTF?

Never mind. I actually like the article and the picture is fantastic.

As for the chemistry........I think Gerry could have chemistry w/ a board.......if he chose to.

:) Ren

Edited by Rendita

Great article and insights! Finally, FINALLY it is being recognized that in the past Hollywood has promoted more guys with boyish good looks than the ones with machismo, and that Gerry is a guy that has manliness steaming from him. Good for the LA Times.

:whome2:

"He has a physique like a soccer player, a slightly mashed-in face, mischievous blue eyes, an air of cheekiness, a dash of palpable decency and a kind of crackly, electric energy that hums almost obsessively."

GREAT description of Gerry, especially the bit about the electric energy... that's how I feel when I look at him- I feel like my skin is humming.

I also liked the note about the private screening of Law Abiding Citizen. I'm SO looking forward to that movie!

Edited by AbandonThought

Stretching out on a couch, he's musing on his own personal take on the perennial male-female divide, which is the leitmotif of "The Ugly Truth," his new and somewhat raunchy R-rated comedy, as well as an obsession for the various female-laden Gerry Butler fan clubs that have been sprouting up around the globe.

I'm not sure where she gets the "mashed in face" either. I'd give that description more to Robert Pattison for sure!

I was trying to interpret the comment about the "obsession for the various female-laden Gerry Butler fan clubs" remark. I would have liked to heard his comment about that. Is he talking about OUR obsession or his? :funnyup:

Many guys and women are attracted to beautiful people who aren't aware of it, and some guys don't care if they're full of themselves as long as they can get in their pants at the end of the night. Gerry has that very quality of earthy beauty that he finds attractive in a woman, but that's hard to find and even then it could be faked.

Many men, and I'll bet including Gerry, sometimes mistakeningly think a woman who is dressed fine, make up, hair and all of that is natural and don't see the "vanity" in it. My husband, case in point, will tell me how much more attractive a "natural" woman is without make up and then he'll gawk at a woman somewhere that looks like she just stepped out of Elizabeth Arden or something and comment "now she's a natural beauty"! Yeah right! He doesn't have a clue!

Sounds like Gerry would be attracted to the woman who is the female version of himself. She wears t shirts and caps, holey jeans, no make up, doesn't always shave her legs unless it's a special occasion, but has an earthy quality and understated feminine beauty and cleans up good. You're probably not going to find that at a Victoria Secret fashion show or a swank club in LA. Nope. That's where "attitude" reigns supreme.

Gerry needs a woman who gets dirt under her unmanicured fingernails mucking stalls and can control a 1200 pound animal and make it eat out of her hand and lives in the middle of the country Just sayin! :funnyup:

D

Great pic! Great article! Just wish I would've known about this earlier. I would've staked out the Times delivery guy this morning and demanded his supply. :angelnot: (j/k)

From what a fellow GAL has told me it's a good sized pic. in today's Calendar section (same pic. that's linked above). It's still not too late to pick it up for anyone in the area.

Thanks again for the heads-up.

Mashed in face?!?!?!? What is that supposed to mean? A pug dog has a mashed in face. You can't compare Gerry to that! lol

The history buff bit..... I thought I loved Gerry before! :bow:

Also the bit about him gaining new fans from this movie. I don't know how anyone could be female and not know about Gerry! :doh:

Thanks for posting the article, it is really a very good one!!! :wave::wave::wave:

He must be so terribly tired these days! I believe it is rewarding as well, but his schedule is too busy now. It was nice to hear that LAC is "put together" already (if it can be screened, even for a closed group of people). I am really looking forward to this film very much (and for those that will come before as well, but maybe for LAC even more so). :pointy::pointy::pointy:

Gerry is the most charming man. He is just a real man not all concerned about hair gels & clothes. He definitely isn't a pretty boy which I think is why women & men are drawn to him. He is intelligent & funny. What could be better! I think he had fun making this movie!